Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Anniversary gift boxes not being received (after 3pm BST today)

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did my older cakes in collections disappear?
    Only have 2018, 2019 and 2020, had them all before.
    Was collecting them. smh
    PS4 NA account.
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never let something go smoothly zos right?

It seems that something is just bound to happen whenever they do something.
    Edited by JinMori on April 2, 2020 2:49PM
    Options
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭
    PCEU; missed 14 boxes...
    Options
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First char got the anniversary boxes with daily writs... second didn't get it on three daily writs so far. Am not going to do the dailies(including other chars) until this is fixed.

Thank you for looking into this!
    Options
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For everyone experiencing issues, are you all on PC? Is anyone playing on console?

PC-EU
    Options
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that if you have not done this year's memento quest, you do not receive boxes from dailies, even though the box shows in the quest window as a reward! Do the yearly cake quest and you get the boxes.

I am pretty annoyed, as handed a few in to work this out.

this is not correct - I did the cake quest, activated the cake, then did the dailies - no boxes received
    Options
  • Truewavesound
    Truewavesound
    ✭✭✭
    PCEU - when i did crafting writs on vvardenfell before doing memento quest, no boxes received. Handing in crafting Qs in daggerfall AFTER memento quest, i get boxes.
    Options
  • Umbro100
    Umbro100
    ✭✭✭
    For everyone experiencing issues, are you all on PC? Is anyone playing on console?

PC EU - first char did the writs, got the boxes. Second char did the writs,boxes shown as loot, no boxes in inventory. handed in pledges on same char, got 3 boxes. So only writ boxes are not in inventory. I have 12 chars scared to hand in writs :)
    Options
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
    Options
  • DuckInRealLife
    DuckInRealLife
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA, also missing 2 boxes from summerset dailies, got all 4 from pledges 2 on each character
    Options
  • Mcboland
    Mcboland
    ✭✭✭
    PCNA.

I also think it maybe lazy writ crafter opened them and RNG gave me crap. But I did not see anything but normal writ stuff in my bag.
    I got rid of all addons and when I turned in today's on the same character I got all boxes. And special loot that I did not see in first turn in. For what that is worth.
    Edited by Mcboland on April 2, 2020 2:55PM
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tagging to watch.
    Options
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    I had to go and do the cake mission event, now the boxes are being received from handing in quests. Even though my first 4 characters did not eat or do the new quest (just my main) Very strange that this toon could not get the event boxes/ could not get event boon...
    Options
  • Sorries
    Sorries
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU
    GM Tamriel Homes - PC EU
    Options
  • Majia
    Majia
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU - missed 14 boxes until I realized they dissapear
    Edited by Majia on April 2, 2020 2:53PM
    Amélie Kara - Magicka Templer - PC EU
    Makellose Eroberin - Die Entfesselte - Geistschlächterin

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." (Terry Pratchett)
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC-EU. Missing 14 boxes from 14 crafting writs, every other box was received.
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LOL!

The sheer amount of fail in every aspect of this game is an astonishing achievement.
    Options
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

It seems that every character need to do the event cake mission for it to work. ( even though my first 3 after main had not doe it and they got the boxes. For some reason my 4th toon had to do the mission to get the boxes to work)
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eating the Pie from the Jester's Event is still refreshing my XP buff. So... did you guys forget to swap events?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • DanielMorra
    DanielMorra
    ✭✭✭
    Boxes are dissapearring as well, PC EU.

Found a small solution - UI reload.

But if you log out from the character whos boxes disappeared and log in again, the UI reload will not help, they will not reappear.
    Options
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing them just fine on ps4.
    I did go and get the new cake first.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems that every character need to do the event cake mission for it to work. ( even though my first 3 after main had not doe it and they got the boxes. For some reason my 4th toon had to do the mission to get the boxes to work)

As I've said before, that is NOT true. I got 5 boxes from 2 pledges and 3 guild dailies before eating cake. Stop claiming this.
    Options
  • raaphor
    raaphor
    ✭✭✭
    Delivered my first 7 writ dailies in daggerfall right after eating the new cake and got all of my Jubiliee gift boxes

Next, I travelled to Vivec city to pick up and craft the next set of writs and when I started to deliver them there I noticed I didn't get the Jubiliee gift box. So travelled back to Daggerfall city and delivered the last few writs there and got the boxes from the remaining writs.

I'll log onto another character and eat the cake in Vivec city next to the writ turn in point and see if I will get my boxes then.
    EU/PC - 9 max level characters (DC)
    NA/PC - 2 characters (AD)
    Options
  • Bloodraven187
    Bloodraven187
    ✭✭✭
    PCNA here

Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the cake quest on my PC/EU account. Turned in crafting writs (yesterday's and today's) and got boxes fine.

Moved over to PC/NA account. First 3 characters turned in crafting writs (yesterday's and today's) and got boxes fine. I DID NOT do the cake quest.

4th character did not receive an anniversary box when turning in their first crafting writ. (It showed up in the loot window though, just not in inventory)

5th character received boxes as normal.

So, it's definitely character specific.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,405 achievement points
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC NA and experiencing this issue. Just turned in 2 days worth of writs, Summerset dailies, Wrothgar Dailies, and Morrowind Dailies. No boxes from any of the writs and only a couple from the dailies.
    Edited by Vevvev on April 2, 2020 3:05PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭

As I've said before, that is NOT true. I got 5 boxes from 2 pledges and 3 guild dailies before eating cake. Stop claiming this.

Yes you are right. But I could not take Boon from cake. from my 4th Toon. Cashed in 14 daily writs before I realized I got nothing. Then I went to go and do the cake event and now it works. It seems as though there is no rhyme or reason why that character needed to do the cake event. In the past you only needed to do the quest on your main and use the momento for your other characters and there was no issue with getting the Anniversary boxes. Whats your MO?
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know the lazy writ crafter has an option to auto-open containers received from writ turn-ins; is it possible it's also auto-opening anniversary reward boxes, which is why people aren't seeing them in their inventory?
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes you are right. But I could not take Boon from cake. from my 4th Toon. Cashed in 14 daily writs before I realized I got nothing. Then I went to go and do the cake event and now it works. It seems as though there is no rhyme or reason why that character needed to do the cake event. In the past you only needed to do the quest on your main and use the momento for your other characters and there was no issue with getting the Anniversary boxes. Whats your MO?

Is it linked to alliance of characters? LIke is the one that couldn't use the cake or get boxes a different alliance than the character that did the cake quest? Just trying to see whether there are any patterns that might be useful for a workaround...
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    I know the lazy writ crafter has an option to auto-open containers received from writ turn-ins; is it possible it's also auto-opening anniversary reward boxes, which is why people aren't seeing them in their inventory?

Definitely not the case here, I turned that option off - I just didn't even get a loot notification for it.
    Options