The Scribes of Fate DLC and Update 37 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of January 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – February 1, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

PvP is broken!

ugafanatic07
I’ve seen so much stupid *** in this broken system that they call battlegrounds and pvp. I literally see people not swing a damn thing and somehow get 3 heavy attacks with 3-4 abilities of theirs goes off. Not a damn sign of it but somehow someway that person ends up killing you every time. And no it’s not just me and not it’s not my IP because I do have one of the best in the country. How many damn times I’ve seen people jumping around with their *** dial up and somehow labding melee attacks on me from 2 miles away. And let’s bring up the fact when you’re shooting someone from far distance somehow they’re dodging while running and constantly dodging attacks that apparently only seem to hit you when they’re aiming at you. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people constantly roll and somehow never seem to run out of stamina. You got rid of battlegrounds with friends and now you *** stack the damn teams. I can’t tell you how many times one team has 22-0 and someone else equivalent to that person while my whole team and the other team are fighting for 2nd place. It’s almost as if the friends que at same time and get on a team together. PC may be better than this *** console play but damn why even make a *** system when you can’t dodge/roll something you can’t see. And for you who are using a viper to play on Console from PC $&@ you!

  • ugafanatic07
    I would need a snickers every damn day. These GMs don’t do *** to fix it and these players who have played for years exploit the *** out of it.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Eat a snickers the game is broke, but they’d rather change light/heavy attacks instead of fixing it

    Don’t say eat a snickers. ZOS needs to eat something. I love this game but can’t play it because of the lag.
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    Okay i'm soo glad that i'm not the only one seeing this; on my screen I see the enemy leap/teleport in, it looks like I get 1-shot, ie, I only see one animation from the enemy after the engage and !!!POW!!! i'm dead?!?!?! I look at the recap and see the enemy somehow hit me with 1 engage ability, 3 spells, 3 heavy attacks, and 1 finisher?!?!? I don't get how they got off 8 abilities within 2 seconds??? So for the longest time i've been wracking my head trying to see if I wasn't weaving correctly or something, but no, the game is just broken...
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could have swore I saw and enemy do the mNB AOE ultimate animation but half way through, it turned into dragon leap. It was like the game was confused who activated the ability. I wanted to clip it but alas; my video recording software is turned off because Im trying to do everything I can to free up performance for the game.

    I'm also not sold that the games issues will be fixed with just great performance; though. At least not PvP in Cyrodiil. A lot of incentive for stacking at emp keeps or just farming pugs in one spot for hours by running in a ball. Maybe its because of the performance being crap for a month and Im just forgetting the game can be fun.
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many players use miat pvp alerts, or another better version which is not released.

    I lost the count of player escaping from me and dont do nothing, but as soon as i fire an hard hitting skill like crystal frag they dodge it perfectly even if they are not looking at me lol

    I did a test with a guy nightblade, after stunning him i landed frags and he did break free and dodge roll immediately (that's the usual common tactic after you break free, but still amazed how people can do it that fast with this lag).

    Then again i stunned him again and i waited to fire crystal frag, he did break free with roll dodging and started escaping from me without looking at me, i counted 2 and fired frags and he perfectly dodged it again.
    Not a proof but very suspicious, and he wasn't that high rank guy or anything, so who knows.

    I hope it's just server desync and lag delay.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭
    dude theyre trying to fix things for the new expansion rather than right now. so i honestly would wait until the new expansion to make any judgements about anything because it kind of makes sense that things are *** right now as theyre releasing *** involving redownloading the game and such. like give it until the new expansion before making any real judgements
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously... these threads...
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Many players use miat pvp alerts, or another better version which is not released.

    @GRXRG
    Miat's pvp alerts has been massively restricted by ZOS (respectively the API was restricted). So please tell me more about that better version which has not been released. Who wrote that addon? Who is using it? what can it do?

    This just seems like another uneducated claim in the eso forums. But go ahead and proof what you're saying.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

    Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously... these threads...
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Many players use miat pvp alerts, or another better version which is not released.

    @GRXRG
    Miat's pvp alerts has been massively restricted by ZOS (respectively the API was restricted). So please tell me more about that better version which has not been released. Who wrote that addon? Who is using it? what can it do?

    This just seems like another uneducated claim in the eso forums. But go ahead and proof what you're saying.

    Who created miat, do you think they cannot find a code to write a better upgraded addon?
    And after it got "restricted" you think they will release it to everyone?
    Pve is full of addons which tells you of incoming mechanics seconds before they happens, in pvp you just need it appear on the screen and press block or dodge.
    And I heard there is an addon that automatically animation cancelling all the skills you press automatically, so please.

    You know hacks and exploits exist in every single MMO, and if you think ESO is 100% safe guard hackproof you are just delusional.

    In xbox or ps4 maybe it is harder to access the code of a game, but on pc is a different story.

    I have no proofs and I am not here saying everyone hacks, but some people make me doubt about it and you remain a bit o.O
    But yeah, it's always lag fault in this game, isn't it?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Seriously... these threads...
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Many players use miat pvp alerts, or another better version which is not released.

    @GRXRG
    Miat's pvp alerts has been massively restricted by ZOS (respectively the API was restricted). So please tell me more about that better version which has not been released. Who wrote that addon? Who is using it? what can it do?

    This just seems like another uneducated claim in the eso forums. But go ahead and proof what you're saying.

    Who created miat, do you think they cannot find a code to write a better upgraded addon?
    And after it got "restricted" you think they will release it to everyone?
    Pve is full of addons which tells you of incoming mechanics seconds before they happens, in pvp you just need it appear on the screen and press block or dodge.
    And I heard there is an addon that automatically animation cancelling all the skills you press automatically, so please.

    You know hacks and exploits exist in every single MMO, and if you think ESO is 100% safe guard hackproof you are just delusional.

    In xbox or ps4 maybe it is harder to access the code of a game, but on pc is a different story.

    I have no proofs and I am not here saying everyone hacks, but some people make me doubt about it and you remain a bit o.O
    But yeah, it's always lag fault in this game, isn't it?

    Lol its actually someone who played the game, maybe still does. It really targeted NBs in telling you when you were targeted and when enemies stealthed nearby so it would let you know snipes were coming so you wouldn't get desync ganked. And the player that made it was in fact, a NB main.

    They removed the API hooks that addons use to get game data and action. Now it pretty much just tells you when you get hit, or when you get CCed. Things you shouldn't need but since the game works so well....
  • sabina175
    sabina175
    ✭✭
    On PS4 the lag is real.
    It s not only PvP but also PvE
    You see that guy rolldodging everything or you being oneshoted on ps4.
    U see it on a full campaign. U see it very rarely on an empty campaign.
    And I know the difference bcs my group changes campaigns if the big one starts to lag.
    U see it on ur testdummy when no skills go off and then suddenly all ur skills go off at once.
    u see it in trials where the boss doesn t show when he does mechanics.
    So yes, at least on ps4 it s lag and no funny addon which does perhaps or not any miracles for the player using it.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Seriously... these threads...
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Many players use miat pvp alerts, or another better version which is not released.

    @GRXRG
    Miat's pvp alerts has been massively restricted by ZOS (respectively the API was restricted). So please tell me more about that better version which has not been released. Who wrote that addon? Who is using it? what can it do?

    This just seems like another uneducated claim in the eso forums. But go ahead and proof what you're saying.

    Who created miat, do you think they cannot find a code to write a better upgraded addon?
    And after it got "restricted" you think they will release it to everyone?
    Pve is full of addons which tells you of incoming mechanics seconds before they happens, in pvp you just need it appear on the screen and press block or dodge.
    And I heard there is an addon that automatically animation cancelling all the skills you press automatically, so please.

    You know hacks and exploits exist in every single MMO, and if you think ESO is 100% safe guard hackproof you are just delusional.

    In xbox or ps4 maybe it is harder to access the code of a game, but on pc is a different story.

    I have no proofs and I am not here saying everyone hacks, but some people make me doubt about it and you remain a bit o.O
    But yeah, it's always lag fault in this game, isn't it?

    @GRXRG :
    Players like you are a huge issue in this game. In 99% of the cases of players making claims like you, it simply is a l2p issue. That simple.
    Yet, you make claims other uninformed players may pick up as they may consider them valid (which is simply wrong). The result is people crying in the forums even more without any knowledge or basic understanding. It is very simple, just don't be like that.

    I will go into detail about your misconceptions below:
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Who created miat, do you think they cannot find a code to write a better upgraded addon?
    The author is dorrino. He doesn't seem to be active anymore (many updates date back to 2018 and 2019 - besides of that, i would expect him to report API bugs to ZOS, as to my knowledge he did in the past. So i don't think he is to blame for anything here at all).

    ZOS did restrict the API, not the AddOn itself. This means that only a restricted amount of information is available to ALL AddOns. It is not possible to get any additional information besides the information that ZOS wants you to get as they define the API and the restrictions respectively the information AddOn authors get.

    Claiming that you just can write a better upgraded AddOn therefore simply is wrong.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    And after it got "restricted" you think they will release it to everyone?
    This doesn't matter as the API is restricted. See above.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Pve is full of addons which tells you of incoming mechanics seconds before they happens, in pvp you just need it appear on the screen and press block or dodge.
    PvE is different from PvP in many aspects. Events in PvE are provided through an API (again, something ZOS wants).
    You do not get as much information in PvP and you certainly do not get information you wouldn't be able to see rendered on the screen anyway.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    And I heard there is an addon that automatically animation cancelling all the skills you press automatically, so please.
    Awesome, you heard something. That's great.
    I heard the earth is flat! You know, therefore i do not have to provide any evidence that this is the case and just can spread that information. You have to believe me because some uneducated guy said that on the Internet.

    Got my point?

    And now back to the API. ZOS does not want certain things to be automated as it could allow writing a bot.
    So there are restrictions in place as well. It is NOT possible to write an AddOn that automatically moves, casts, drinks, dodges (and so on). So no, you're simply wrong here.

    But feel free to provide that AddOn so ZOS and the community can take a look at it.
    Oh, you can't provide such an AddOn? I'm really surprised...
    GRXRG wrote: »
    You know hacks and exploits exist in every single MMO, and if you think ESO is 100% safe guard hackproof you are just delusional.
    I never said that.
    I basically said you have no idea about AddOns and how they work. Yet, you're spreading wrong information about AddOns on the forums.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    In xbox or ps4 maybe it is harder to access the code of a game, but on pc is a different story.
    Again, nothing to do with AddOns. And i still doubt you know what you are talking about here (and btw. the UI code / lua of the game can be found on the internet, no hard work needed -> https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1213-ESOUI-TheElderScrollsOnlinesourcecode.html ).
    GRXRG wrote: »
    I have no proofs and I am not here saying everyone hacks, but some people make me doubt about it and you remain a bit o.O
    But yeah, it's always lag fault in this game, isn't it?

    If you make claims or accuse players, provide evidence. Otherwise you are just spreading nonsense.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

    Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • JTorus
    JTorus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heard the earth is flat!

    So tired of this...

    The Earth is hollow.

  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Seriously... these threads...
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Many players use miat pvp alerts, or another better version which is not released.

    @GRXRG
    Miat's pvp alerts has been massively restricted by ZOS (respectively the API was restricted). So please tell me more about that better version which has not been released. Who wrote that addon? Who is using it? what can it do?

    This just seems like another uneducated claim in the eso forums. But go ahead and proof what you're saying.

    Who created miat, do you think they cannot find a code to write a better upgraded addon?
    And after it got "restricted" you think they will release it to everyone?
    Pve is full of addons which tells you of incoming mechanics seconds before they happens, in pvp you just need it appear on the screen and press block or dodge.
    And I heard there is an addon that automatically animation cancelling all the skills you press automatically, so please.

    You know hacks and exploits exist in every single MMO, and if you think ESO is 100% safe guard hackproof you are just delusional.

    In xbox or ps4 maybe it is harder to access the code of a game, but on pc is a different story.

    I have no proofs and I am not here saying everyone hacks, but some people make me doubt about it and you remain a bit o.O
    But yeah, it's always lag fault in this game, isn't it?

    @GRXRG :
    Players like you are a huge issue in this game. In 99% of the cases of players making claims like you, it simply is a l2p issue. That simple.
    Yet, you make claims other uninformed players may pick up as they may consider them valid (which is simply wrong). The result is people crying in the forums even more without any knowledge or basic understanding. It is very simple, just don't be like that.

    I will go into detail about your misconceptions below:
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Who created miat, do you think they cannot find a code to write a better upgraded addon?
    The author is dorrino. He doesn't seem to be active anymore (many updates date back to 2018 and 2019 - besides of that, i would expect him to report API bugs to ZOS, as to my knowledge he did in the past. So i don't think he is to blame for anything here at all).

    ZOS did restrict the API, not the AddOn itself. This means that only a restricted amount of information is available to ALL AddOns. It is not possible to get any additional information besides the information that ZOS wants you to get as they define the API and the restrictions respectively the information AddOn authors get.

    Claiming that you just can write a better upgraded AddOn therefore simply is wrong.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    And after it got "restricted" you think they will release it to everyone?
    This doesn't matter as the API is restricted. See above.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Pve is full of addons which tells you of incoming mechanics seconds before they happens, in pvp you just need it appear on the screen and press block or dodge.
    PvE is different from PvP in many aspects. Events in PvE are provided through an API (again, something ZOS wants).
    You do not get as much information in PvP and you certainly do not get information you wouldn't be able to see rendered on the screen anyway.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    And I heard there is an addon that automatically animation cancelling all the skills you press automatically, so please.
    Awesome, you heard something. That's great.
    I heard the earth is flat! You know, therefore i do not have to provide any evidence that this is the case and just can spread that information. You have to believe me because some uneducated guy said that on the Internet.

    Got my point?

    And now back to the API. ZOS does not want certain things to be automated as it could allow writing a bot.
    So there are restrictions in place as well. It is NOT possible to write an AddOn that automatically moves, casts, drinks, dodges (and so on). So no, you're simply wrong here.

    But feel free to provide that AddOn so ZOS and the community can take a look at it.
    Oh, you can't provide such an AddOn? I'm really surprised...
    GRXRG wrote: »
    You know hacks and exploits exist in every single MMO, and if you think ESO is 100% safe guard hackproof you are just delusional.
    I never said that.
    I basically said you have no idea about AddOns and how they work. Yet, you're spreading wrong information about AddOns on the forums.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    In xbox or ps4 maybe it is harder to access the code of a game, but on pc is a different story.
    Again, nothing to do with AddOns. And i still doubt you know what you are talking about here (and btw. the UI code / lua of the game can be found on the internet, no hard work needed -> https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1213-ESOUI-TheElderScrollsOnlinesourcecode.html ).
    GRXRG wrote: »
    I have no proofs and I am not here saying everyone hacks, but some people make me doubt about it and you remain a bit o.O
    But yeah, it's always lag fault in this game, isn't it?

    If you make claims or accuse players, provide evidence. Otherwise you are just spreading nonsense.

    I have a link, but i doubt i can post it here, here just an example.
    https://ibb.co/VjN0ncm

    who knows if works or if doesn't.

    But again not saying everyone is a cheater, but definetely some players use exploits or helpers to detect incoming ccs and avoid them.

    And you said the removed the API that players can access into.

    They even said this was a performance patch and they removed 30GBs of datas and guess what?
    The game is 10 times laggier and buggier than before and performance is 10 times worse.

    So I am sorry if i have little to no trust in ZoS competence.

    I am glad for the time they put into the game, but someone doesn't know how to do his job seems.
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP is broken?

    What a refreshingly original thread.

    Why hasn't someone started a thread like this before?

    Genius.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Seriously... these threads...
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Many players use miat pvp alerts, or another better version which is not released.

    @GRXRG
    Miat's pvp alerts has been massively restricted by ZOS (respectively the API was restricted). So please tell me more about that better version which has not been released. Who wrote that addon? Who is using it? what can it do?

    This just seems like another uneducated claim in the eso forums. But go ahead and proof what you're saying.

    Who created miat, do you think they cannot find a code to write a better upgraded addon?
    And after it got "restricted" you think they will release it to everyone?
    Pve is full of addons which tells you of incoming mechanics seconds before they happens, in pvp you just need it appear on the screen and press block or dodge.
    And I heard there is an addon that automatically animation cancelling all the skills you press automatically, so please.

    You know hacks and exploits exist in every single MMO, and if you think ESO is 100% safe guard hackproof you are just delusional.

    In xbox or ps4 maybe it is harder to access the code of a game, but on pc is a different story.

    I have no proofs and I am not here saying everyone hacks, but some people make me doubt about it and you remain a bit o.O
    But yeah, it's always lag fault in this game, isn't it?

    @GRXRG :
    Players like you are a huge issue in this game. In 99% of the cases of players making claims like you, it simply is a l2p issue. That simple.
    Yet, you make claims other uninformed players may pick up as they may consider them valid (which is simply wrong). The result is people crying in the forums even more without any knowledge or basic understanding. It is very simple, just don't be like that.

    I will go into detail about your misconceptions below:
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Who created miat, do you think they cannot find a code to write a better upgraded addon?
    The author is dorrino. He doesn't seem to be active anymore (many updates date back to 2018 and 2019 - besides of that, i would expect him to report API bugs to ZOS, as to my knowledge he did in the past. So i don't think he is to blame for anything here at all).

    ZOS did restrict the API, not the AddOn itself. This means that only a restricted amount of information is available to ALL AddOns. It is not possible to get any additional information besides the information that ZOS wants you to get as they define the API and the restrictions respectively the information AddOn authors get.

    Claiming that you just can write a better upgraded AddOn therefore simply is wrong.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    And after it got "restricted" you think they will release it to everyone?
    This doesn't matter as the API is restricted. See above.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Pve is full of addons which tells you of incoming mechanics seconds before they happens, in pvp you just need it appear on the screen and press block or dodge.
    PvE is different from PvP in many aspects. Events in PvE are provided through an API (again, something ZOS wants).
    You do not get as much information in PvP and you certainly do not get information you wouldn't be able to see rendered on the screen anyway.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    And I heard there is an addon that automatically animation cancelling all the skills you press automatically, so please.
    Awesome, you heard something. That's great.
    I heard the earth is flat! You know, therefore i do not have to provide any evidence that this is the case and just can spread that information. You have to believe me because some uneducated guy said that on the Internet.

    Got my point?

    And now back to the API. ZOS does not want certain things to be automated as it could allow writing a bot.
    So there are restrictions in place as well. It is NOT possible to write an AddOn that automatically moves, casts, drinks, dodges (and so on). So no, you're simply wrong here.

    But feel free to provide that AddOn so ZOS and the community can take a look at it.
    Oh, you can't provide such an AddOn? I'm really surprised...
    GRXRG wrote: »
    You know hacks and exploits exist in every single MMO, and if you think ESO is 100% safe guard hackproof you are just delusional.
    I never said that.
    I basically said you have no idea about AddOns and how they work. Yet, you're spreading wrong information about AddOns on the forums.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    In xbox or ps4 maybe it is harder to access the code of a game, but on pc is a different story.
    Again, nothing to do with AddOns. And i still doubt you know what you are talking about here (and btw. the UI code / lua of the game can be found on the internet, no hard work needed -> https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1213-ESOUI-TheElderScrollsOnlinesourcecode.html ).
    GRXRG wrote: »
    I have no proofs and I am not here saying everyone hacks, but some people make me doubt about it and you remain a bit o.O
    But yeah, it's always lag fault in this game, isn't it?

    If you make claims or accuse players, provide evidence. Otherwise you are just spreading nonsense.

    I have a link, but i doubt i can post it here, here just an example.
    https://ibb.co/VjN0ncm

    who knows if works or if doesn't.

    But again not saying everyone is a cheater, but definetely some players use exploits or helpers to detect incoming ccs and avoid them.

    And you said the removed the API that players can access into.

    They even said this was a performance patch and they removed 30GBs of datas and guess what?
    The game is 10 times laggier and buggier than before and performance is 10 times worse.

    So I am sorry if i have little to no trust in ZoS competence.

    I am glad for the time they put into the game, but someone doesn't know how to do his job seems.

    You still don't get it and mix up things.

    Your picture certainly has nothing to do with an AddOn as you would be required to change the client (e.g. CE). Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with AddOns.

    GRXRG wrote: »
    who knows if works or if doesn't.

    In the past, such things worked unfortunately due to ZOS being unable to deal with it respectively their servers trust the client too much. You will certainly find such videos on youtube. It very likely is still the case to a certain degree.

    Yet, this is not what we're talking about here. You blame AddOns in your initial post and you keep on doing so. This is simply wrong.

    Learn the terms and the differences.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    But again not saying everyone is a cheater, but definetely some players use exploits or helpers to detect incoming ccs and avoid them.

    Yes, you do:
    Many players use miat pvp alerts, or another better version which is not released.
    You blame many players for using Miats, which is an AddOn and hasn't anything to do with cheating.
    ZOS defines their API and what they do. Read the ToS, CoC and Add-On terms. You will find a definition of what AddOns were meant to do (enrich the UI). It is up to ZOS to make any restrictions they like. If it isn't actively abusing a bug (which aforementioned AddOn isn't), it is not exploiting / cheating. (Of course, you may not like it and consider it lame or whatever)
    GRXRG wrote: »
    And you said the removed the API that players can access into.

    They even said this was a performance patch and they removed 30GBs of datas and guess what?
    The game is 10 times laggier and buggier than before and performance is 10 times worse.

    I didn't not say that they removed the API. I said they implemented certain restrictions (you get more information in PvE than in PvP).

    In addiont, the restrictions they've made to the API are older, much older.

    I don't think anyone disagrees with the poor state of the game. Yet, this doesn't have anything to do with AddOns, APIs or cheating.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    So I am sorry if i have little to no trust in ZoS competence.

    Well, who has?

    But then again, this has nothing to do with your wrong claims about AddOns.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    I am glad for the time they put into the game, but someone doesn't know how to do his job seems.

    Well, see above...

    @GRXRG :
    While there might be a few players cheating, in most cases they very likely don't (and its an l2p issue). Furthermore, all of this has nothing to do with AddOns.

    If you want to continue with blaming AddOns, provide evidence. And there's no reason to shift the discussion to other means of cheating, as your initial post doesn't contain any information on other means. You specifically talk about an AddOn and not CE or anything else. So go ahead either revise your initial post and admit that you're wrong or provide evidence.

    In case you want to educate yourself about AddOns in ESO:
    https://wiki.esoui.com/Main_Page
    https://wiki.esoui.com/API
    https://wiki.esoui.com/Events
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1213-ESOUI-TheElderScrollsOnlinesourcecode.html
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

    Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I could have swore I saw and enemy do the mNB AOE ultimate animation but half way through, it turned into dragon leap. It was like the game was confused who activated the ability. I wanted to clip it but alas; my video recording software is turned off because Im trying to do everything I can to free up performance for the game.

    I'm also not sold that the games issues will be fixed with just great performance; though. At least not PvP in Cyrodiil. A lot of incentive for stacking at emp keeps or just farming pugs in one spot for hours by running in a ball. Maybe its because of the performance being crap for a month and Im just forgetting the game can be fun.

    Cyrodiil performance been really bad, delays are crazy and/or skills and bar swap stop working completely, especially primetime. Been more frustrating than fun.. and when the game finally "works" almost, nothing than pvdooring to do..

    IC is a bit better, but it has started to have same issues lately, because people moved to there from Cyro in hopes of better performance, funnily enough.. IC can start to lag like Cyro when IC has 2 bars populations in the same way as Cyro with locked bars pop.

    Bgs now have same issues, especially if you play them at primetime so server load is at its highest due to PVE land being full of people too.

    So.. until the performance update becomes real, and not a downgrade that it was, things will be sad. I miss Summerset launch times, things were not perfect, but PVP performance was still like 300% better and skills worked when you pressed them.

    Love this game, but i feel like living a in a relationship where only i have love left and the other half is just drunk, passed on the sofa doing nothing to show their love back.. i even pay all the bills (eso+, crown crates, chapters), and yet - no love back. All i get is silence, or: "Heyo, go make a me sandwich!" :|
    PC/EU
    Your friendly Magblade enthusiast

  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Seriously... these threads...
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Many players use miat pvp alerts, or another better version which is not released.

    @GRXRG
    Miat's pvp alerts has been massively restricted by ZOS (respectively the API was restricted). So please tell me more about that better version which has not been released. Who wrote that addon? Who is using it? what can it do?

    This just seems like another uneducated claim in the eso forums. But go ahead and proof what you're saying.

    Who created miat, do you think they cannot find a code to write a better upgraded addon?
    And after it got "restricted" you think they will release it to everyone?
    Pve is full of addons which tells you of incoming mechanics seconds before they happens, in pvp you just need it appear on the screen and press block or dodge.
    And I heard there is an addon that automatically animation cancelling all the skills you press automatically, so please.

    You know hacks and exploits exist in every single MMO, and if you think ESO is 100% safe guard hackproof you are just delusional.

    In xbox or ps4 maybe it is harder to access the code of a game, but on pc is a different story.

    I have no proofs and I am not here saying everyone hacks, but some people make me doubt about it and you remain a bit o.O
    But yeah, it's always lag fault in this game, isn't it?

    @GRXRG :
    Players like you are a huge issue in this game. In 99% of the cases of players making claims like you, it simply is a l2p issue. That simple.
    Yet, you make claims other uninformed players may pick up as they may consider them valid (which is simply wrong). The result is people crying in the forums even more without any knowledge or basic understanding. It is very simple, just don't be like that.

    I will go into detail about your misconceptions below:
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Who created miat, do you think they cannot find a code to write a better upgraded addon?
    The author is dorrino. He doesn't seem to be active anymore (many updates date back to 2018 and 2019 - besides of that, i would expect him to report API bugs to ZOS, as to my knowledge he did in the past. So i don't think he is to blame for anything here at all).

    ZOS did restrict the API, not the AddOn itself. This means that only a restricted amount of information is available to ALL AddOns. It is not possible to get any additional information besides the information that ZOS wants you to get as they define the API and the restrictions respectively the information AddOn authors get.

    Claiming that you just can write a better upgraded AddOn therefore simply is wrong.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    And after it got "restricted" you think they will release it to everyone?
    This doesn't matter as the API is restricted. See above.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Pve is full of addons which tells you of incoming mechanics seconds before they happens, in pvp you just need it appear on the screen and press block or dodge.
    PvE is different from PvP in many aspects. Events in PvE are provided through an API (again, something ZOS wants).
    You do not get as much information in PvP and you certainly do not get information you wouldn't be able to see rendered on the screen anyway.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    And I heard there is an addon that automatically animation cancelling all the skills you press automatically, so please.
    Awesome, you heard something. That's great.
    I heard the earth is flat! You know, therefore i do not have to provide any evidence that this is the case and just can spread that information. You have to believe me because some uneducated guy said that on the Internet.

    Got my point?

    And now back to the API. ZOS does not want certain things to be automated as it could allow writing a bot.
    So there are restrictions in place as well. It is NOT possible to write an AddOn that automatically moves, casts, drinks, dodges (and so on). So no, you're simply wrong here.

    But feel free to provide that AddOn so ZOS and the community can take a look at it.
    Oh, you can't provide such an AddOn? I'm really surprised...
    GRXRG wrote: »
    You know hacks and exploits exist in every single MMO, and if you think ESO is 100% safe guard hackproof you are just delusional.
    I never said that.
    I basically said you have no idea about AddOns and how they work. Yet, you're spreading wrong information about AddOns on the forums.
    GRXRG wrote: »
    In xbox or ps4 maybe it is harder to access the code of a game, but on pc is a different story.
    Again, nothing to do with AddOns. And i still doubt you know what you are talking about here (and btw. the UI code / lua of the game can be found on the internet, no hard work needed -> https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1213-ESOUI-TheElderScrollsOnlinesourcecode.html ).
    GRXRG wrote: »
    I have no proofs and I am not here saying everyone hacks, but some people make me doubt about it and you remain a bit o.O
    But yeah, it's always lag fault in this game, isn't it?

    If you make claims or accuse players, provide evidence. Otherwise you are just spreading nonsense.

    I have a link, but i doubt i can post it here, here just an example.
    https://ibb.co/VjN0ncm

    who knows if works or if doesn't.

    But again not saying everyone is a cheater, but definetely some players use exploits or helpers to detect incoming ccs and avoid them.

    And you said the removed the API that players can access into.

    They even said this was a performance patch and they removed 30GBs of datas and guess what?
    The game is 10 times laggier and buggier than before and performance is 10 times worse.

    So I am sorry if i have little to no trust in ZoS competence.

    I am glad for the time they put into the game, but someone doesn't know how to do his job seems.

    I’ve seen some of these in action. Right before they updated the game I saw people use the floor hack, but not since. People said it was a bug but I think it was intentional, I saw someone on my team in the floor and then exit the floor with a teleporter.

    I have a feeling that part of the patch was to change some things to server side because of things like this, which led to worse performance. There were also people who complained about bans after the patch: likely the cheaters.

    About dodge roll and frags, I dodge roll a lot and I’m not seeing an ability used against me before dodge rolling. If you pay attention to your health you’ll know when someone’s attacking and do a quick switch to defense. If you had to identify where the person was before dodge rolling a combo it would be too late, instead I dodge and play defensive and then figure out what’s threatening me. People generally use similar burst combos so you know when one thing hits you more is coming.

    Edit - plus people going 19-0 or so in BGs is common. It’s because of the MMR change. Prior to the patch everyone with high MMR was put on the same game, now that sometimes happens but not always. You’ll get a lot of matches with one higher MMR player per team and all the rest new players and you’ll just dominate. I had two games like that this morning.

    It’s very easy to do on self sufficient classes like stam, magsorc, MagWarden, etc... on other classes when you try to self heal it’ll go on team mates so it’s harder. With the nature of mag heals they go on the lowest health person, get a lot of new players on your team and you’re stuck with either trying to get away from them or having a similar number of deaths as them.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 26, 2020 5:48PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Q_Q
    Q_Q
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve seen so much stupid *** in this broken system that they call battlegrounds and pvp. I literally see people not swing a damn thing and somehow get 3 heavy attacks with 3-4 abilities of theirs goes off. Not a damn sign of it but somehow someway that person ends up killing you every time. And no it’s not just me and not it’s not my IP because I do have one of the best in the country. How many damn times I’ve seen people jumping around with their *** dial up and somehow labding melee attacks on me from 2 miles away. And let’s bring up the fact when you’re shooting someone from far distance somehow they’re dodging while running and constantly dodging attacks that apparently only seem to hit you when they’re aiming at you. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people constantly roll and somehow never seem to run out of stamina. You got rid of battlegrounds with friends and now you *** stack the damn teams. I can’t tell you how many times one team has 22-0 and someone else equivalent to that person while my whole team and the other team are fighting for 2nd place. It’s almost as if the friends que at same time and get on a team together. PC may be better than this *** console play but damn why even make a *** system when you can’t dodge/roll something you can’t see. And for you who are using a viper to play on Console from PC $&@ you!

    Is this about bgs and not Cyrodiil? I never notice issues in bgs Cyrodiil is where players go to..well...”try” to play
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Q_Q wrote: »
    I’ve seen so much stupid *** in this broken system that they call battlegrounds and pvp. I literally see people not swing a damn thing and somehow get 3 heavy attacks with 3-4 abilities of theirs goes off. Not a damn sign of it but somehow someway that person ends up killing you every time. And no it’s not just me and not it’s not my IP because I do have one of the best in the country. How many damn times I’ve seen people jumping around with their *** dial up and somehow labding melee attacks on me from 2 miles away. And let’s bring up the fact when you’re shooting someone from far distance somehow they’re dodging while running and constantly dodging attacks that apparently only seem to hit you when they’re aiming at you. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people constantly roll and somehow never seem to run out of stamina. You got rid of battlegrounds with friends and now you *** stack the damn teams. I can’t tell you how many times one team has 22-0 and someone else equivalent to that person while my whole team and the other team are fighting for 2nd place. It’s almost as if the friends que at same time and get on a team together. PC may be better than this *** console play but damn why even make a *** system when you can’t dodge/roll something you can’t see. And for you who are using a viper to play on Console from PC $&@ you!

    Is this about bgs and not Cyrodiil? I never notice issues in bgs Cyrodiil is where players go to..well...”try” to play

    BGs, Cyro, doesn’t matter. Basic mechanics like break free and cc immunity don’t work. It’s setup to be a skill based game but too many core mechanics fail for it to be close.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    dude theyre trying to fix things for the new expansion rather than right now. so i honestly would wait until the new expansion to make any judgements about anything because it kind of makes sense that things are *** right now as theyre releasing *** involving redownloading the game and such. like give it until the new expansion before making any real judgements

    The game will be fixed come the new chapter. Just pre-order. Trust ZOS...
Sign In or Register to comment.