The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

People being banned for no apparent reason

• rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How to avoid a ban should be clear from terms of service so 'don't cheat' while bit blunt is valid advice. People who did not cheat or break TOS likely could not do anything to avoid getting mistakenly banned because it was not their mistake.

• Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    How to avoid a ban should be clear from terms of service so 'don't cheat' while bit blunt is valid advice. People who did not cheat or break TOS likely could not do anything to avoid getting mistakenly banned because it was not their mistake.

and as a result, if you report it int he proper channels, the action would likely be reversed.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True enough, and if there weren't also real cheaters in the game then the innocent players wouldn't be mistakenly caught by a cheat detection engine because it wouldn't be needed in the first place.
  • Regal_Imp
    Regal_Imp
    ✭✭✭
    well my post got deleted again
    AD: R E G A L/Halle Bear-y/Regal Implar/ l l l l DC: Enel/Blue Imp EP: Regal Pimp/Chuck Bear-y/Red Imp
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think someone higher up than a mod is on. lol
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I dont know if this is related. But ESOlogs.com was blocked my my browser and virus scan. My computer was receiving unknown packets from the sight and norton wouldnt touch it. Seems to be fine now.
  • Regal_Imp
    Regal_Imp
    ✭✭✭
    mods are messaging me telling me to stop talking about it lol
    AD: R E G A L/Halle Bear-y/Regal Implar/ l l l l DC: Enel/Blue Imp EP: Regal Pimp/Chuck Bear-y/Red Imp
  • Regal_Imp
    Regal_Imp
    ✭✭✭
    but they wont post in here
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regal_Imp wrote: »
    well my post got deleted again

because you're discussing disciplinary action in the general forum. Your post contributed nothing. Posts that have been removed are against forum policy. If you or others have been banned, submit a ticket.

Removal of posts is a disciplinary action. Banning are disciplinary actions. Though they could potentially have been in error.

In fact I see you already have so at this point you're just stirring up the pot, instead of advising people to do what you did to have the actions taken against your account corrected.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 28, 2020 9:43PM
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

True enough, and if there weren't also real cheaters in the game then the innocent players wouldn't be mistakenly caught by a cheat detection engine because it wouldn't be needed in the first place.

Yes, they would. Without a single criminal police would still exist because they are a deterrent.

This isn't on them anyway, it's on ZOS. I'm not going to be overly critical, they're having a rough week already, but this is theirs.

Fortunately the erroneous bans are being lifted in a timely manner.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

pics or it didn't happen.
  • Regal_Imp
    Regal_Imp
    ✭✭✭
    They won't let me attach anymore, I'll DM you

pics or it didn't happen.

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would take their advice before you do end up really getting banned. ZOS may be a bit under staffed today due to the Bethesda Game Days event in Boston, but it seems someone is actively reversing the bans. Their might have been some legitimate bans that they are not at liberty to discuss yet. But, if you still have concerns, a support ticket is your best bet. This public forum is not the place to talk about disciplinary actions (whether valid or erroneous).
  • dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭

they are trying to sweep you with the broom stick, incredible. Like I said these mods and managers are foul, idc.
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

First, we want to clarify that the bans in question had nothing to do with utilizing any addons. In this case, we were running investigations surrounding some suspicious black market activity. We have several ways we monitor for suspicious activity, and when an investigation needs to take place, some innocent accounts will unintentionally get swept up during that time.

We worked as quickly as possible to unban any accounts that were found to be uninvolved; if your account was initially affected and you have since been unbanned, you have nothing to be worried about and your account will remain in good standing.

As we historically don’t allow for discussion surrounding disciplinary actions, we’re going to close this thread. If you have further questions, please reach out to our Support team by submitting a ticket on the website.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.