The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People being banned for no apparent reason

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    I'd really like to be playing right now, but I wont be stupid enough to log in just to have a high chance of being banned for no reason.

Schrödinger's cat!

Will that be an original one or a re-skinned one, when it appears in the next Crown Store season :smile: ?
    Options
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zoomorph wrote: »
    xbobx15 wrote: »

Thank you!
    are you going to apologize to everyone when it is proven these were in error?

Nope. I'm sure that those who were wrongfully accused will return after ZOS investigation is complete. They would at most have lost a few gaming days. This is, in my opinion, a small price to pay to get rid of the cheaters.

Try weeks to months like the email has stated.

[Edit to remove quoted content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on February 28, 2020 8:31PM
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
    Options
  • Freddycruz89
    Freddycruz89
    ✭✭✭
    Well, my game froze last night around 12:45 when I tried to travel out of Xanmeer home. I tried to get back in several times since I wanted to pick up the daily crafting writs before server reset, but couldn't connect to server. Just decided to go to bed and figured servers were down or something. Went to work this morning and havent tried to log back in as of last night. Im on PS4 NA. Havent gotten an email, but now I'm worried...

Its unlikely this is happening to anyone on consoles. If this is not ZOS going after cheaters, and doing a poor job of it, then its either related to add-ons or the recent update the PC crowd received. More than likely your game crashed and will be fine when you log in next.

Oh thank God.
    Octavius Maximus, Founder of The Maester' Order
    PS4 NA. Role Player. Housing Fanatic. Part Time Achievement Hunter.
    | Princely Dawnlight Palace |
    Options
  • zoomorph
    zoomorph
    ✭✭

and when this glitch hits you too, you'll be singing a different tune. better not log on.

I have been logged in several times today. And i fear nothing, because i don't cheat.
    Options
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Following along
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Reddit, people are apparently being unbanned, right now.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

and when this glitch hits you too, you'll be singing a different tune. better not log on.

I have been logged in several times today. And i fear nothing, because i don't cheat.

Neither do I but unlike you I know what is happening and am not sticking my head in the sand denying it.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    Options
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. I'm sure that those who were wrongfully accused will return after ZOS investigation is complete. They would at most have lost a few gaming days. This is, in my opinion, a small price to pay to get rid of the cheaters.

well you are calling people cheaters when they are not, which deserves an apology.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on February 28, 2020 8:34PM
    Options
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're unsuspending people right now..... @dazee which proves it was their fault..?
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    They're unsuspending people right now..... @dazee which proves it was their fault..?

Well I will risk logging in then becuase I would HOPE they would fix the problem before un banning the people it banned.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    Options
  • BackStabeth
    BackStabeth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone has claimed in a private message to me, that 100s of people have been banned and posted on a reddit post. Can someone confirm this, and send me a link privately? I would like to see the post. I searched Reddit and found a few people who stated they were banned, but not 100s.
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Isn´t that pretty backwards?

They could just not ban ppl and just flag accounts to investigate and if nothing if found the people are not bothered?

Guilty until proven innocent I guess.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Options
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »

Isn´t that pretty backwards?

They could just not ban ppl and just flag accounts to investigate and if nothing if found the people are not bothered?

Guilty until proven innocent I guess.

That's how its worked in online games for years.
    Options
  • Regal_Imp
    Regal_Imp
    ✭✭✭
    I have been un-muted and un-banned! but honestly this isn't over for me.

People make mistakes, and software can have bugs that may ban people, but this is ridiculous, at the very least admit that you made a mistake. Explain how this happened, why did I get censored after I made a forum post about it?

This was obviously ZOS' fault and they're gonna pretend this never happened.

unknown.png
    AD: R E G A L/Halle Bear-y/Regal Implar/ l l l l DC: Enel/Blue Imp EP: Regal Pimp/Chuck Bear-y/Red Imp
    Options
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regal_Imp wrote: »

People make mistakes, and software can have bugs that may ban people, but this is ridiculous, at the very least admit that you made a mistake. Explain how this happened, why did I get censored after I made a forum post about it?

unknown.png

All they'll say is that something triggered a false positive and they'll work on it for the the future. They won't give details about how they flag anti-cheat stuff.
    Options
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭

unknown.png

Welcome back to the land of the living Imp! 🤣
    Options
  • zoomorph
    zoomorph
    ✭✭

well you are calling people cheaters when they are not, which deserves an apology. So man up.

For what? as i said, people that are not cheating is getting unbanned. There are cheaters in this game, and they should get kicked. And i'm not sorry at all if they are.
    Options
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

unknown.png

They should talk to us to be honest.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
    Options
  • BackStabeth
    BackStabeth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone has claimed in a private message to me, that 100s of people have been banned and posted on a reddit post. Can someone confirm this, and send me a link privately? I would like to see the post. I searched Reddit and found a few people who stated they were banned, but not 100s.

read before posting.

Read what before posting? Someone sent me a PRIVATE message claiming hundreds of people have stated on a reddit post they have been banned. I asked for a link to be sent to me privately, so I can read it myself. Mind clarifying what you mean by read before posting?
    Edited by BackStabeth on February 28, 2020 8:39PM
    Options
  • Regal_Imp
    Regal_Imp
    ✭✭✭

well you are calling people cheaters when they are not, which deserves an apology. So man up.

For what? as i said, people that are not cheating is getting unbanned. There are cheaters in this game, and they should get kicked. And i'm not sorry at all if they are.

I understand there needs to be bans, and false positives will happen, but when you mess up on such a huge scale and try and cover it up, you're practicing terrible corporate ethics, and the company deserves to be burned for that. Since you admit that this ban wave was a mistake, think about how you would have felt if you got banned for no reason, its just a stupid policy and bad coding.
    AD: R E G A L/Halle Bear-y/Regal Implar/ l l l l DC: Enel/Blue Imp EP: Regal Pimp/Chuck Bear-y/Red Imp
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭

unknown.png

All they'll say is that something triggered a false positive and they'll work on it for the the future. They won't give details about how they flag anti-cheat stuff.

b/c their anti-cheat software has had problems from day fkn one they need to update or find another anti cheat system
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Never Forget 11-12-19 The Legendary 8
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »

unknown.png

They should talk to us to be honest.

they feel we as their customers are beneath them they would never talk to us
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This update has gone off without a hitch!
    Options
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you basically implied that all the people being banned were cheaters.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand there needs to be bans, and false positives will happen, but when you mess up on such a huge scale and try and cover it up, you're practicing terrible corporate ethics, and the company deserves to be burned for that. Since you admit that this ban wave was a mistake, think about how you would have felt if you got banned for no reason, its just a stupid policy and bad coding.

What is your evidence that ZOS are trying to cover anything up? If they were doing so they wouldn't be re-activating the accounts, would they?

Do we yet know if they are re-activating every single banned account? I guess it's too early to know.
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, is it safe to log in now? Or are the faulty (?) mechanisms for deciding who to ban/investigate still in place?
    Thanks in advance for letting us know one way or another please. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on February 28, 2020 8:50PM
    Options
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

read before posting.

Read what before posting? Someone sent me a PRIVATE message claiming hundreds of people have stated on a reddit post they have been banned. I asked for a link to be sent to me privately, so I can read it myself. Mind clarifying what you mean by read before posting?

that is what this whole thread is about and by the time you posted that it was showed that the bans were a mistake. there was no reason to post what you said because all the info was already posted. Even the link to the thread was posted
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭

you basically implied that all the people being banned were cheaters.

i can think of a way he could apologize to us and it involves hot wax,whips and chains
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Options
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also got unbanned, but, likewise, this isn't over for me.

This didn't just inconvenience me, it affected an entire raid guild. I get to feel like garbage for missing a raid and letting down 11 other people and 1 other who had to come as a sub. Considering the nature of the initial false ban, I'm not logging back in until some official word on this comes out. I don't care about how their anti-cheat system works, I don't cheat or exploit and have been very vocal in any raiding guild I've been in that I won't do exploits (I skipped various exploits such as no deaths in dungeons until they were fixed; wouldn't do vAS+2 when Felms wouldn't jump properly; etc., etc.). I don't need or want an in-depth analyses on their cheat prevention measures. I want an assurance that this won't happen again, or something I can do so as not to be falsely banned again (other than some random unhelpful post saying "don't cheat").
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

unknown.png

That aside, so glad you are back. I was sick for my friend honestly over it. She has dozens of homes, all decorated painstakingly to the hilt, to lose that would have been devastating. I don’t know if she’s unbanned yet but I hope these all go away. And for whatever it’s worth, thanks to the mods for not killing -this- thread and anyone who came here to attack “cheaters” may want to take a breath next time. A little empathy goes a long way... so does reading...
    Edited by StabbityDoom on February 28, 2020 9:00PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
    Options
This discussion has been closed.