The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People being banned for no apparent reason

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't ban us al.......
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Options
  • evocto
    evocto
    Soul Shriven
    Yea i got banned for no reason smh it's too bad.
    Options
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

OH NO!
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
    Options
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has this been confirmed to only be pc players?
    Options
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are all the bans just on PC or has anyone reported the ban on console too?
    Options
  • Deohjo
    Deohjo
    ✭✭
    This cheeseburger is delicious .... .- .... .-
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Are bans not usually followed up with an email saying you have "violated TOS" but with no useful details?
    Are people not getting any emails?
    Apparently the answer is "yes", bans are followed up by emails.

zcjqet9gkann.png
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on February 28, 2020 7:45PM
    Options
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gp1680 wrote: »

None of which I've seen, console does not have this update.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    I don’t think ZOS would purposely ban people just to ban. If there is a problem they deal with it. If add ons are the cause though I wish they would say something though bc I don’t want to lose progress since beta. We just need a response I think to calm people.

Head over to Lambert's Twitter and read how giddy he was about getting someone banned

and that was after some furry streamer told Lambert to ban that player for t bagging someone
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Never Forget 11-12-19 The Legendary 8
    Options
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    gp1680 wrote: »

None of which I've seen, console does not have this update.

God help us console players in a couple weeks.
    Options
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    They probably deemed it a violation because talking about disciplinary action is not allowed.

But if people are getting falsely banned en masse, that’s a serious issue that needs to be addressed, not one to be swept under the rug.

Except we don't know that anyone has been "falsely banned." We don't know that they were, we don't know that they weren't.

Normally I would assume that the banned players are just playing victim. But ZOS wiping away a thread entirely and not just locking it makes it seem like something else is going on.

Two threads, at least, were hidden: you can see both of them on a Google search result, but they both lead to the “You do not have permission” error.

Edited: it seems a thread title was changed, causing the two results

I was not here for the original thread. So I can't speak for what was said there or any of that. But the poster that started the original thread has messaged me and stated they have been muted and so can no longer participate in discussion. I'm not familiar with how muting works, if its strictly for thread interaction but if hes been muted its suspicious that ZOS is not taking the normal route of dealing with all of this.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
    Options
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are bans not usually followed up with an email saying you have "violated TOS" but with no useful details?

zcjqet9gkann.png

I have a lot on discord showing same screenshot of "Ban for TOS violation with hacking...blalbla"
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭

zcjqet9gkann.png

that pic is all the proof anyone could ever need to see something got ***'ed up by one of their moron devs
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Options
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    They probably deemed it a violation because talking about disciplinary action is not allowed.

But if people are getting falsely banned en masse, that’s a serious issue that needs to be addressed, not one to be swept under the rug.

Except we don't know that anyone has been "falsely banned." We don't know that they were, we don't know that they weren't.

Normally I would assume that the banned players are just playing victim. But ZOS wiping away a thread entirely and not just locking it makes it seem like something else is going on.

Two threads, at least, were hidden: you can see both of them on a Google search result, but they both lead to the “You do not have permission” error.

Edited: it seems a thread title was changed, causing the two results

I was not here for the original thread. So I can't speak for what was said there or any of that. But the poster that started the original thread has messaged me and stated they have been muted and so can no longer participate in discussion. I'm not familiar with how muting works, if its strictly for thread interaction but if hes been muted its suspicious that ZOS is not taking the normal route of dealing with all of this.

Usually they message you.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
    Options
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    Been speaking to Imp and they let me know their thread was deleted without giving a reason (which normally there is a reason given) and they’ve not been muted on the forums! :(

Same, poor buddy. ZOS just went full nuke on him ):

Yeah poor buddy indeed not on! I think we just need an official response because right now we don’t know if it’s safe to log on or not. If they’re justified (in ZOS’ opinion or whatever) then just give a vague response and say it’s safe to use addons, log in, etc. If not then this needs to be looked at and rectified as a top priority.
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    honk honk welcome to clown world where logging in to a game results in a perm ban
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Options
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<grabs popcorn>
    Options
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ?link=https%3a%2f%2fmedia1.tenor.com%2fimages%2f54451401d52c0dd2fe9ee5752857d53c%2ftenor.gif%3fitemid%3d3579864

ZOS' communication (or lack of) is always such a spectacle to behold.
    Options
  • stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    I still can’t farm nodes in Cyrodil anyone else having issues ? Ps4 Na
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS needs to speak up, like NOW. People are waiting to log on, and even uninstalling right now.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    Options
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I logged on and off without getting banned and i'm using quite alot of addons but i don't pvp at all
    Options
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, it's been a great start to the new, year long Skyrim story so far.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    I logged on and off without getting banned and i'm using quite alot of addons but i don't pvp at all

I did, also. However, I do not run a lot of the addons that have been listed in the Reddit thread.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • zoomorph
    zoomorph
    ✭✭
    Finally the cheaters is are being served... I've been looking forward to this day.

Thank you ZOS, you have restored my faith in you. :)
    Options
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    zoomorph wrote: »
    Finally the cheaters is are being served... I've been looking forward to this day.

There is always one who doesn’t read. 😂👌
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zoomorph wrote: »

Becuase everyone who was banned with zero explanation, including those who have video proof of not cheating or were doing nothing totally deserved it.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some are afraid to log on, others are twitchy about whether the ban extends to console players...

We live in interesting times :wink: !

I'm sure an announcement will be forthcoming, when they're satisfied that they've dealt with the situation and fixed whatever vulnerability caused it - including, if appropriate, any false diagnoses. However, if it really is related to add-ons then console players have no reason to be concerned.
    Options
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

That's great news. My middle name is Al!
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could this be related to some sort of ENB or graphical enhancement modification to the game?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
This discussion has been closed.