The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People being banned for no apparent reason

• Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like this is a PVP thing, right?

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
    Options
  • Synaki
    Synaki
    ✭✭✭
    T
    Casterial wrote: »
    Synaki wrote: »
    Idk, I have no way to tell if these guys are innocent or not.

Friend crashed, instant ban for "apparent hacking"

The cause for the ban could be several days or weeks or even months in the past and the bans concurrency with the crash could be coincidence.
    Options
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Following
    Options
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Woah ZOS you can’t just sweep this under the carpet but deleting the thread! Seriously we need some sort of word - are we to delete addons or not?

because I don’t want 4 years of progress going down the toilet because of an error that you’re not telling us about!
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    They probably deemed it a violation because talking about disciplinary action is not allowed.

But if people are getting falsely banned en masse, that’s a serious issue that needs to be addressed, not one to be swept under the rug.

Except we don't know that anyone has been "falsely banned." We don't know that they were, we don't know that they weren't.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    all addons are being flagged by their peice of *** anti cheat right now some *** dev fked something up 4 people from my party were banned for cheating when we were just standing around chatting and dualing one another
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Never Forget 11-12-19 The Legendary 8
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    Banned from the game or the forums? Don't really get this thread.

game. And my friend doesn't use pvp addons.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭

from the game
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Wow, so ZOS' patch cause people to crash in PVP and now because of that the game thinks players are hacking and bans them?

My friend was literally just sitting in her house with me, not pvping or anything.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And this is why @ZOS_GinaBruno , Zos needs to respond to this. Just a simple yes addons are causing an issue or no, ppl are cheating and got caught.

Nothing can be confirmed until zos confirms what has happened.
    Options
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Neoealth

From the game. Apparently, first you crash and when you go to log back in youre permabanned. Seen it happen to someone on Stabbity's stream (as Stabitty mentioned here) just a short while ago to someone who is not a cheater and character was doing nothing but sitting in their house when it happened :(

Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    virtus753 wrote: »
    They probably deemed it a violation because talking about disciplinary action is not allowed.

But if people are getting falsely banned en masse, that’s a serious issue that needs to be addressed, not one to be swept under the rug.

Except we don't know that anyone has been "falsely banned." We don't know that they were, we don't know that they weren't.

Hence the word “if.”
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sincerely hope that even if ESO survives this blunder, that they lose significant revenue from it, so they will be motivated not to repeat it in the future.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    *** this im not going to log in until this horsesh1t patch is fixed
    i'll go play the division 2 until zos pulls their heads outta their *** asses
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, if that is the case I am not going to even play the game. Don't want to get permabanned for nothing.
    Options
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this part of the performance improvement, ban people until there's nobody left?
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, if that is the case I am not going to even play the game. Don't want to get permabanned for nothing.

I have not logged on yet for the same reason. ZOS needs to speak up and address this immediately, the fact they still havent is extremely concerning.

This is almost as bad as blizzards recent mess ups tbh.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree, I wont risk logging in to get a perma ban.
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS is on the same level for bs as blizzard at this point
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    I agree, I wont risk logging in to get a perma ban.

Same.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can you please confirm this if what they say is true?

Because I quit the game and I am afraid to play at the moment for the fear of being falsely banned. We were going o have Cyrodiil raid tonight.

I was using add ons flagged as safe from ESOUI but I do not feel safe about this.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, so ZOS' patch cause people to crash in PVP and now because of that the game thinks players are hacking and bans them?

Honestly? Probably not.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

Because I quit the game and I am afraid to play at the moment for the fear of being falsely banned. We were going o have Cyrodiil raid tonight.

I was using add ons flagged as safe from ESOUI but I do not feel safe about this.

disable all addons it is what is being flagged
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No thanks, wont play without add ons, ESO's UI is basically 20% of a UI without them.
    Options
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How do you know this?

PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    Options
  • woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most likely something is triggering the bans and they'll look into it and fix it. People need to stop overreacting like this kind of thing doesn't happen. It happens on games like csgo and with steam as well. Even the biggest rich companies can't prevent an anomaly or human error once in a while.
    uwu
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a little extreme. A few players have been banned for reasons that are not clear. More players than that use add-ons.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think ZOS would purposely ban people just to ban. If there is a problem they deal with it. If add ons are the cause though I wish they would say something though bc I don’t want to lose progress since beta. We just need a response I think to calm people.
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭

How do you know this?

its what someone said in zone chat that its your addons that are getting tagged as 3rd party software
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    its being said on reddit as well
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Options