The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People being banned for no apparent reason

• dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd really like to be playing right now, but I wont be stupid enough to log in just to have a high chance of being banned for no reason.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    Options
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Some are afraid to log on, others are twitchy about whether the ban extends to console players...

We live in interesting times :wink: !

I'm sure an announcement will be forthcoming, when they're satisfied that they've dealt with the situation and fixed whatever vulnerability caused it - including, if appropriate, any false diagnoses. However, if it really is related to add-ons then console players have no reason to be concerned.

Trust me, the next patch will likely open it’s own Pandora’s box for consoles.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    I don’t think ZOS would purposely ban people just to ban. If there is a problem they deal with it. If add ons are the cause though I wish they would say something though bc I don’t want to lose progress since beta. We just need a response I think to calm people.

Head over to Lambert's Twitter and read how giddy he was about getting someone banned

Link? My regular Google-fu did not avail me.
    Options
  • zoomorph
    zoomorph
    ✭✭
    Oh i read everything. But just because you don't cheat while you get banned, does not mean that you didn't cheat previously, or as soon as you enter a PVP area.
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    I logged on and off without getting banned and i'm using quite alot of addons but i don't pvp at all

I did, also. However, I do not run a lot of the addons that have been listed in the Reddit thread.

Can you link that thread?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zoomorph wrote: »
    Oh i read everything. But just because you don't cheat while you get banned, does not mean that you didn't cheat previously, or as soon as you enter a PVP area.

If only I was sure this was the case I would log on as I have never cheated, and likely never will.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    I logged on and off without getting banned and i'm using quite alot of addons but i don't pvp at all

I did, also. However, I do not run a lot of the addons that have been listed in the Reddit thread.

Can you link that thread?

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/faxcyn/false_suspension/

BDO is free right now, by the way.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Finally the cheaters is are being served... I've been looking forward to this day.

Thank you ZOS, you have restored my faith in you. :)

read the *** thread before you make a comment next time
    Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Never Forget 11-12-19 The Legendary 8
    Options
  • BackStabeth
    BackStabeth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    Still nothing from ZOS. this is kind of an urgent issue for them given how many players they've already lost over it.

How many players has ZoS lost?

How many players have been banned. It could be only a few people, we have no way of knowing just how many people were banned.

Fear mongering is running rampant, I'm really surprised how many people are feeding the fear monster, it's nutz.
    Options
  • GhostWolf_ESO
    GhostWolf_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t think ZOS would purposely ban people just to ban. If there is a problem they deal with it. If add ons are the cause though I wish they would say something though bc I don’t want to lose progress since beta. We just need a response I think to calm people.

Head over to Lambert's Twitter and read how giddy he was about getting someone banned

Asst GM NonPlusUltra
    Officer Art Ov War EU/NA
    Never Forget 11-12-19 The Legendary 8
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first rule of Banned Club is... you don’t talk about Banned Club

The second rule of Banned Club is .... you don’t talk about Banned Club

And if this is your first time here.... you have to be banned
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still nothing from ZOS. this is kind of an urgent issue for them given how many players they've already lost over it.

How many players has ZoS lost?

How many players have been banned. It could be only a few people, we have no way of knowing just how many people were banned.

Fear mongering is running rampant, I'm really surprised how many people are feeding the fear monster, it's nutz.

People will not log on if they are rightfully afraid of being banned becuase of some broken automated cheating detection.
    I was not banned, but until ZOS addresses the issue I will not log on.
    Options
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally the cheaters is are being served... I've been looking forward to this day.

Thank you ZOS, you have restored my faith in you. :)

are you going to apologize to everyone when it is proven these were in error?
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@DUTCH_REAPER While the bans are bad you don't get what is upsetting people the most, the utter lack of communication from ZOS. As usual.

Most of us get that human errors and technical ****ups happen. But this has been going on for how many hours now and still absolute radio silence in the matter? That's bad. Because it's not in the middle of the night in ZOS's timezone, it's office hours. Someone should long since have stepped up with an explanation or at minimum an "sorry folks, we don't know what's happening but we're looking into it" when mass bans for no apparent reason happens.
    Options
  • Freddycruz89
    Freddycruz89
    ✭✭✭
    Well, my game froze last night around 12:45 when I tried to travel out of Xanmeer home. I tried to get back in several times since I wanted to pick up the daily crafting writs before server reset, but couldn't connect to server. Just decided to go to bed and figured servers were down or something. Went to work this morning and havent tried to log back in as of last night. Im on PS4 NA. Havent gotten an email, but now I'm worried...
    Octavius Maximus, Founder of The Maester' Order
    PS4 NA. Role Player. Housing Fanatic. Part Time Achievement Hunter.
    | Princely Dawnlight Palace |
    Options
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭

This would make sense if ALL of the people played any pvp. Not all of them do. Some none AT ALL so...
    Options
  • Synaki
    Synaki
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of people who think ban and violation must happen at the same moment in time is staggering.
    Options
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone with zero add-ons installed been banned?
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synaki wrote: »
    The amount of people who think ban and violation must happen at the same moment in time is staggering.

Sometimes, it does.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! I appreciate the link - just couldn't find it on my own.
    Options
  • zoomorph
    zoomorph
    ✭✭
    xbobx15 wrote: »

Nope. I'm sure that those who were wrongfully accused will return after ZOS investigation is complete. They would at most have lost a few gaming days. This is, in my opinion, a small price to pay to get rid of the cheaters.
    Options
  • BackStabeth
    BackStabeth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like to be playing right now, but I wont be stupid enough to log in just to have a high chance of being banned for no reason.

Schrödinger's cat!
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But this isnt time outs being discussed, people are being permanently banned. and for apparently no reason.
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nope. I'm sure that those who were wrongfully accused will return after ZOS investigation is complete. They would at most have lost a few gaming days. This is, in my opinion, a small price to pay to get rid of the cheaters.

and when this glitch hits you too, you'll be singing a different tune. better not log on.
    Options
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But this isnt time outs being discussed, people are being permanently banned. and for apparently no reason.

Then general reason seems to be "hacking or 3rd party software". Whether those are true or not is the crux of the issue.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    Has anyone with zero add-ons installed been banned?

Mythical creature, usually only found playing on consoles. :smile:

The email images that have been posted would suggest otherwise, at least for some players.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn´t that pretty backwards?

They could just not ban ppl and just flag accounts to investigate and if nothing if found the people are not bothered?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP in reddit post just updated his/her post that he/she is unbanned after investigation

And another one in the comments of the same thread

So whatever is going on they might be fixing it

Hope they will update us too
    Options
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, my game froze last night around 12:45 when I tried to travel out of Xanmeer home. I tried to get back in several times since I wanted to pick up the daily crafting writs before server reset, but couldn't connect to server. Just decided to go to bed and figured servers were down or something. Went to work this morning and havent tried to log back in as of last night. Im on PS4 NA. Havent gotten an email, but now I'm worried...

Its unlikely this is happening to anyone on consoles. If this is not ZOS going after cheaters, and doing a poor job of it, then its either related to add-ons or the recent update the PC crowd received. More than likely your game crashed and will be fine when you log in next.
    Edited by Nomadic_Atmoran on February 28, 2020 8:25PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    OP in reddit post just updated his/her post that he/she is unbanned after investigation

And another one in the comments of the same thread

So whatever is going on they might be fixing it

Hope they will update us too

Hopefully. I want to play. its not safe to do so until I know this wont be an issue.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.