The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Alliance banner bought from Impresario is legion zero banner?

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Cavedog wrote: »
    I was sad to find this out today, but all three "faction" banners are identical except for the color. ...it's pretty disappointing, and it's not a faction banner, it's just that factions color.

....but if you read through this thread, the issue is clarified. We use the lame banner emote purchased for 5 event tickets in combination with 10 of the daily widgets from the event, and it makes a faction banner.

Actually if you read through this thread you'll see that the lame banner emote purchased for 5 event tickets is the same lame banner emote for 10 Standard Bearer Emblems.

So, yepper.

I wasn't 100% sure what was going on. So I went and built the emote for a faction using the "permission" that is purchased for 50k AP plus the 10 daily tokens....it is IDENTICAL to the emote you purchase for 5 event tickets. I can no longer purchase the emote I built as well. The emote you build is IDENTICAL to the emote you buy.

So, one more question now though...can a toon display a banner that is a different color than their alliance? ...I'm guessing they can, since the banner doesn't have the alliance emblem on it, it just has the legion zero emblem on it.

Yes because the emotes are actually different /bannercovenant, /bannerpact etc
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I did not yet spend this massive amount of AP on that...
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. This event has actually been getting me interested and involved in Cyrodiil and I was looking forward to getting the banner at least for my main, but knowing this I think I'll pass and save myself.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I’m no longer surprised by this...

And I won’t be surprised when the new Siege item in next chapter comes out it’ll be used for fishing or some such...

Blast fishing. It's an IRL thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blast_fishing
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on January 29, 2020 8:03PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've just found helpful people who were posing with their banners :) One player was EP, other DC; EP player kindly showed yellow banner at my request.

Character can hold any colored banner no matter their own alliance :)

eDrlwoB.jpg

LSjLJMr.jpg

6N5NoRA.jpg

I like all banners, so I will have to buy all 3... If they were actual alliance banners, I would only buy red banner, cause dragon on it looks cool, and I'm not fan of AD and DC versions. It would be fun to show red banner on my 17 AD loyal characters :D
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    7JRCfQA.png Got that with the fragment
    Dirtybyrd
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that they are referred to as "Alliance Banners" is extremely misleading.

I was looking forward to getting the banners but seeing that they have nothing to do with the alliances other than colour, I will be keeping my tickets and AP. I'm just glad I didn't have to find out the hard way and waste my tickets.

Thank you to those who posted pics.
    PC/EU DC
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, if you use 5 tickets does it come in a runebox ?
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, if you use 5 tickets does it come in a runebox ?

Directly credited to your Collections from the Impresario.

Only the ones created from emblems can be bought/sold/traded as a runebox.
    signing off
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just wanted to jump in here and confirm that the banners are intended to be the Legion Zero style to match the Outfit Style that is also available during this event. We understand that some of you may have been expecting something else when you purchased it. If you're unhappy with it, please contact customer support so we can refund your Event Tickets.
    Staff Post
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the minority that I like the look of the banner :grin:
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just wanted to jump in here and confirm that the banners are intended to be the Legion Zero style to match the Outfit Style that is also available during this event. We understand that some of you may have been expecting something else when you purchased it. If you're unhappy with it, please contact customer support so we can refund your Event Tickets.

I understand messaging is not ZOS' strong suit, by why in the world would you reference 'Alliance Banners' when the only thing they share in common with the Alliance Banners is the pike it is on the name used for the slash command?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The banners should state that they are legion zero banners repurposed to represent the alliances
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so the "alliance banner" is actually just a banner representing brainwashed traitors with 3 colours of your choice? How cool is that? xD
    PC/EU
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »

Same here :grin:
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn’t think we’d notice.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »

I understand messaging is not ZOS' strong suit, by why in the world would you reference 'Alliance Banners' when the only thing they share in common with the Alliance Banners is the pike it is on the name used for the slash command?

r e t c o n
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »

Oh, they look decent for a Legion Zero banner.
    I'm not sure why I would wave that around, but whatever.

The problem is that "Legion Zero banner" is not what was advertised. If you ignore the thing depicted on it, it's okay to use it as an alliance banner. It's still a really cheap cop-out to simply have the same banner re-coloured, but then, I'm not surprised that ZOS opted for the cheap and lazy version. If you take the Legion Zero motif seriously, it's pure nonsense. You would hope for ZOS to take their lore more seriously, but then, I'm not overly surprised. :)
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be frank they should add different variations for the banners depending on your alliance, AND a Legion Zero banner.

Cus the Legion Zero style of the banner looks cool (especially the Covenant one), but it'd be nice to have ones for the alliances too.
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Not just Alliance Banners. They specifically say AD/DC/EP in the description. Of course people are going to go into this thinking its the actual banners.

This was pure bait and switch. God knows how many people spent Crowns or Event Tickets thinking they were getting actual banners.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fcaabaa33cab4d75cfdfdfe52e260c6f.gif
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was pure bait and switch. God knows how many people spent Crowns or Event Tickets thinking they were getting actual banners.

Not really, you can't purchase these with crowns. It was a poor and misleading description, but if you read @ZOS_SarahHecker's post, you would see that they are offering refunds to anyone who feels they were misled.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really, you can't purchase these with crowns. It was a poor and misleading description, but if you read @ZOS_SarahHecker's post, you would see that they are offering refunds to anyone who feels they were misled.

Wrong. You can spend 250 crowns to purchase an event ticket, thus you can spend crowns to buy the banners.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, I’m still going to earn one.

AND

It would be best if you are clear and upfront in the future. That will be the best way to avoid feelings of disappointment and “cheat” “bait & switch” etc. it’s not an alliance banner. Just say what it is.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »

Wrong. You can spend 250 crowns to purchase an event ticket, thus you can spend crowns to buy the banners.

OK, but they're still offering to refund that, so I don't see the issue.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you can. You can purchase Event Tickets in the store and then spend them on these emotes.

How many people do you think is going to see her post? Not everyone visits the forums or the website.
    Edited by Nomadic_Atmoran on January 30, 2020 4:18AM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... it is basically the same banner, but the colour/tint is different ?

Oh sort of like class identity :wink:
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also interesting since @ZOS_SarahHecker said:

And as we remember back in summer 2019 before they cancelled Midyear Mayhem, we were expecting to get second legion motif from IC bosses. Even better, the banner emotes already appeared as uncollected in collectibles. So it seems like unless they had second legion banner ready, we would actually get the real alliance banners to wave.
    PC/EU
  • HollHearsGlow
    HollHearsGlow
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker I disagree on your position. It might be mistake, but I do not want to refund.
    For 10 days of PvP, and 50K AP we should have our own, true banners. Its Midyear Mayhem, and Legion Zero here have far less sense than our respective alliances. You already have banner and textures since 2014. Let it be smaller - but give us what we fight for! Thank you.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It would be really great if communications made by ZOS were a lot clear than they are. Unfortunately the controlled lack of information is too recurrent.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP