The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance banner bought from Impresario is legion zero banner?

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably easier to do one design then recolour it than do 3 separate designs.

Shame it looks so rank in all 3 colours.
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Probably easier to do one design then recolour it than do 3 separate designs.

Shame it looks so rank in all 3 colours.

But they have the designs...the banners of all the factions are all over the place in Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Someone else on console has apparently made one getting Emblems from alt accounts and it's the same banner...not an alliance banner, just this same ugly banner with a face and crappy coloring.

Lol, wut?

If that's the case, it's lame AF.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone please read, the impresario banners are not the full faction banners. The only way to get those is to combined 10 emblems and purchase the license with AP.

I agree that the description of the item in the impresario's inventory might make you believe otherwise, but those are only faction colored banners.

It appears that the banners with faction colors and symbols are acquired as follows:
    Standard-Bearer Emotes

Show your colors with the Standard-Bearer emote! This new emote is earned by collecting 10 Standard-Bearer’s Emblems, found within the first Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box you open each day per account. Once you have 10, you can combine them with a Standard-Bearer’s License (on sale for 50,000 AP) from Predicant Maera to create a Runebox with the emote for that character’s Alliance. Make sure to use it on a character of the Alliance whose banner you want to hold high!

This is not correct.

I bought the AD banner from the Impresario and then made the corresponding runebox, and the runebox says that emote is “already in your collection.” If the emotes were different, I would be able to use the runebox as well.

This is exactly in accordance with other event drops that are available at the Impresario’s as a convenience if you don’t want to farm them or buy them from other players.
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    I'm far more interested in an Imperial banner myself, but I was also quite disappointed upon seeing the final appearance of these emote banners. They are not particularly attractive, and they have really no connection to their respective alliance outside of similar colors.

I completely agree. I got the "Covenant" standard on my DC PVP healer and was pretty disappointed that it was just the ugly Legion Zero banner in "Covenant Blue"
    Options
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just the outcome when they make the objectives for a reward too confusing for us mere plebs. Anytime you have to "combine" with another item to get the end result... you're asking for trouble. That is just too much to comprehend.
    Options
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Everyone please read, the impresario banners are not the full faction banners. The only way to get those is to combined 10 emblems and purchase the license with AP.

I agree that the description of the item in the impresario's inventory might make you believe otherwise, but those are only faction colored banners.

It appears that the banners with faction colors and symbols are acquired as follows:
    Standard-Bearer Emotes

Show your colors with the Standard-Bearer emote! This new emote is earned by collecting 10 Standard-Bearer’s Emblems, found within the first Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box you open each day per account. Once you have 10, you can combine them with a Standard-Bearer’s License (on sale for 50,000 AP) from Predicant Maera to create a Runebox with the emote for that character’s Alliance. Make sure to use it on a character of the Alliance whose banner you want to hold high!

This is not correct.

I bought the AD banner from the Impresario and then made the corresponding runebox, and the runebox says that emote is “already in your collection.” If the emotes were different, I would be able to use the runebox as well.

This is exactly in accordance with other event drops that are available at the Impresario’s as a convenience if you don’t want to farm them or buy them from other players.

So it's a trash emote from both sources, eh? I guess I won't be wasting any tickets at least.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Standard-Bearer Emotes

oddbasket wrote: »
    The banners are the same, it's only the color is different. I got the covenant one with AP. The motif on the banner looks like the firedrake helmet.

From my reply above, I've said I bought mine with AP, they are no different ones to get.
    You either get the 10 emblems and buy with AP, or you use tickets. They are the same.
    Once you bought with AP, the one with ticket is redded out and you can no longer purchase it with tickets.
    Options
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    This is just the outcome when they make the objectives for a reward too confusing for us mere plebs. Anytime you have to "combine" with another item to get the end result... you're asking for trouble. That is just too much to comprehend.

The whole combo of items in the past has been fine, it's just something about this event that is not made entirely clear. People where expecting alliance banners with their alliance on them, not recolored legion zero ones. If these banners where previewable and the descriptions made clearer ect there would be fewer issues. They should have never been called "alliance standards" they should be called legion zero alliance banner or something like that and never reffed to as an "alliance standard.
    The people came for alliance standards they left with what essentially is a legion zero banner.

edited for spelling
    Edited by Strike_Maximus on January 29, 2020 12:42AM
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
    Options
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    another over-complicated event mess. classic
    The very definition of both

Rip-off, and

Spectacularly bad management

No one who is spending tickets on these expects them to be anything other than the final, actual banners.

Plus they look really cheap.

Another great ZOS own goal

The event is not a mess and it has nothing to do with bad management, let's not be so dramatic and cynical folks. The event is not overcomplicated. Description of items made players believe they were getting an alliance banner, not a legion zero one, THAT'S THE ISSUE. The banners don't look "cheap" they just don't match their descriptions, a legion zero banner colored for an alliance is not that alliance's "standard" an alliance's standard is the banner with that alliance's logo and colors the ones everyone knows that are all over Cyrodiil, that's what the players were expecting.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rip-off, and

No one who is spending tickets on these expects them to be anything other than the final, actual banners.

The event is not a mess and it has nothing to do with bad management, let's not be so dramatic and cynical folks. The event is not overcomplicated. Description of items made players believe they were getting an alliance banner, not a legion zero one, THAT'S THE ISSUE. The banners don't look "cheap" they just don't match their descriptions, a legion zero banner colored for an alliance is not that alliance's "standard" an alliance's standard is the banner with that alliance's logo and colors the ones everyone knows that are all over Cyrodiil, that's what the players were expecting.

So even if I get 10 emblems and spend 50k AP it is still just a color coded Legion Zero banner?

That sucks bro.
    All 3 Alliance banners are the Legion Zero banner, just red, blue, or yellow.(I have all 3)

Smh
    Edited by max_only on January 29, 2020 1:54AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my emote doesn't even work so I have double the regrets.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Rip-off, and

Well it does feel like bad management when

You have an event to promote PvP but don’t open enough campaigns to satisfy demand, or

Describe a central reward in such a confusing way that almost everyone who gets it will be disappointed because it’s not what they expect it to be.

Because if it were well managed, someone would have addressed both these issues and you’d have fewer pop locked campaigns and loads of players happily playing with their ‘Legion Zero Alliance Banners’.

And while I imagine it might be a challenge to match campaign numbers to demand, it would have been the work of minutes to amend the promo copy for the event to reflect the reality of the banner emotes.

That’s what is so frustrating about this because, once again, ZOS manage to snatch success away from their own grasp.

Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here I was worried that I won’t make the 10 emblems and would only be at 9 but if the final result is that absolutely awful recolour of a banner then I’m not missing out on a thing 😂
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the correct color is red...? eh. Is it at least RED or is it that pale washed out pink?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it not just the Alliance banners? You know, with the actual Alliance symbols? Would that have been too much to ask so instead we get these stupid face banners?
    Finally something I actually wanted from an event and ZOS fumbles it.

Especially when Legion Zero is Imperial (?) and not associated with any of the alliances. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Legion_Zero
    Options
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Why is it not just the Alliance banners? You know, with the actual Alliance symbols? Would that have been too much to ask so instead we get these stupid face banners?

Especially when Legion Zero is Imperial (?) and not associated with any of the alliances. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Legion_Zero

Well while they are imperals, they are imperal deserters working for molag bal so it more molag bal related then anything.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well while they are imperals, they are imperal deserters working for molag bal so it more molag bal related then anything.

So not only are you not “proudly waving your Alliance’s banner”, you’re actually waving a banner for Molag Bal?

The hits just keep on coming...
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So not only are you not “proudly waving your Alliance’s banner”, you’re actually waving a banner for Molag Bal?

The hits just keep on coming...

Exactly.

This is really bad design.
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    So the correct color is red...? eh. Is it at least RED or is it that pale washed out pink?

Pale washed out pink. "Covenant Blue" is a pale washed out blue as well. Disappointing all around - as someone said above - so much for "proudly waving your Alliance's banner"
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like there's not going to be any response regarding the washed out non-Alliance banners, which is pretty much what's expected at this point from ZOS "communication".

It'd be great if there were actual alliance banner emotes at some point, maybe in a future event or (can't believe I'm saying this) crown store. I don't think many people were expecting crappy Imperial banners that are slightly tinted to show some sort of Alliance leaning political stance. Terrible idea, whoever came up with that one.
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like there's not going to be any response regarding the washed out non-Alliance banners, which is pretty much what's expected at this point from ZOS "communication".

It'd be great if there were actual alliance banner emotes at some point, maybe in a future event or (can't believe I'm saying this) crown store. I don't think many people were expecting crappy Imperial banners that are slightly tinted to show some sort of Alliance leaning political stance. Terrible idea, whoever came up with that one.

So agree. Because it would be quite awesome to see a whole bunch of players marching towards a keep all with flaming Alliance banners flapping.

... then getting splayed with multiple meatbags obv.

Options
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I'm selling the emblems, I wanted an EP banner not a Legion Zero banner...

Why are they referred to as Alliance Banners if they aren't?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
    Options
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was sad to find this out today, but all three "faction" banners are identical except for the color. ...it's pretty disappointing, and it's not a faction banner, it's just that factions color.

*edited, see post below
    Edited by Cavedog on January 29, 2020 5:17PM
    Options
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well my emote doesn't even work so I have double the regrets.

Does it mean that our characters can't use these emotes if they are from different alliance? For example, AD character won't be able to use red and blue banner emotes? :o
    I don't want to waste gold on runeboxes with these emotes if they are locked like this...
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    I was sad to find this out today, but all three "faction" banners are identical except for the color. ...it's pretty disappointing, and it's not a faction banner, it's just that factions color.

....but if you read through this thread, the issue is clarified. We use the lame banner emote purchased for 5 event tickets in combination with 10 of the daily widgets from the event, and it makes a faction banner.

Actually if you read through this thread you'll see that the lame banner emote purchased for 5 event tickets is the same lame banner emote for 10 Standard Bearer Emblems.
    Options
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I’m no longer surprised by this...

And I won’t be surprised when the new Siege item in next chapter comes out it’ll be used for fishing or some such...
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    Guess I'm selling the emblems, I wanted an EP banner not a Legion Zero banner...

Why are they referred to as Alliance Banners if they aren't?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober

that's a good question. does somebody not know what the alliances are? nobody reviewed it before pushing it live?
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I’m no longer surprised by this...

And I won’t be surprised when the new Siege item in next chapter comes out it’ll be used for fishing or some such...

Dude, don’t diss the Cod War... it was serious.

Siege Fishing... it’s a thing.
    Options
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »

....but if you read through this thread, the issue is clarified. We use the lame banner emote purchased for 5 event tickets in combination with 10 of the daily widgets from the event, and it makes a faction banner.

Actually if you read through this thread you'll see that the lame banner emote purchased for 5 event tickets is the same lame banner emote for 10 Standard Bearer Emblems.

So, yepper.

I wasn't 100% sure what was going on. So I went and built the emote for a faction using the "permission" that is purchased for 50k AP plus the 10 daily tokens....it is IDENTICAL to the emote you purchase for 5 event tickets. I can no longer purchase the emote I built as well. The emote you build is IDENTICAL to the emote you buy.

So, one more question now though...can a toon display a banner that is a different color than their alliance? ...I'm guessing they can, since the banner doesn't have the alliance emblem on it, it just has the legion zero emblem on it.
    Options