Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampires shouldn't get stronger the more they feed.

• Wa2p
    Wa2p
    ✭✭✭
    Not so much for or against; more like a general info.. something. The book Noxiphilic Sanguivoria... doesn't say anything specific about the powers and limitations other than: Sunlight doesn't hurt, and they get stronger in the moonlight. Also that they are powerful. Which, means that there is wiggle room for this to be the way this particular strand works. That book also offers conjecture about it being a deal between Molag and Hircine. Which as werewolves in ESO's eyes get more wolfy with eating people perhaps that's how they are trying to lore spin it?

I'm not saying it's right, or that it is the typical canon, because this is TES there is no typical canon. Stuff is mysterious on purpose, for this exact reason. For mechanics to change in time, or to behave differently. I get being upset because lore, but the only "modern" source we have for this particular disease doesn't mention anything beyond the above.

edit: for the spelling
    Edited by Wa2p on January 17, 2020 12:44AM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    This was always kinda weird to me. I mean, it theory it sounds like a cool and unique system. But... Whenever we meet a powerful vampire, there is blood everywhere, torture devices and stuff so it seems like they actually feed a lot, but that doesnt make them any less deranged.
    There was also a vampire that was comatose because she refused to drink blood, I think it was count Hassildor's wife. She didn't go feral or anything, it just made her super weak.

They could in theory snack on it lightly, without actually drinking enough to sate their monstrous desires. Or, you know... torture and main for their sadistic urges.

After all, seeing that the blood is on the floor, walls and furnishings kinda indicates that they're not drinking it.

Hassildor's wife is correct, and thats one of the many odd discrepancies in TES lore.

Yeah, but Volkihar vampires, for example, are some of the strongest and yet..
    maxresdefault.jpg

We don't nessecarily know if the Volkihar is some of the strongest vampires in TES existence, the vampire lord form of the first and second generation of Volkihar is certainly a giant boon, yet that has just, with this update, been given to the noxiphilic sanguivoria too.

I'm giving you a awesome though, for that delightful image.

This could be actually how they will justify the changes. Lamae's bloodline is already special, they are not afraid of sunlight, for example. Could also be that they become stronger as they feed.
    I think there's a few aspects to this. First, of course is lore. TES lore has always been evolving, and retcons/inconsistencies are almost unavoidable when we are talking about a 20+ year old franchise.
    Secondly, there is gameplay. Lore is great, but Elder Scrolls games are, well, games, so they must convey the narrative via gameplay mechanics. There are thousands of vamp chars in ESO, but for the majority of them its just extra 10% recovery. You don't even have to bite anyone - the introduction quest doesnt require you to drink blood, and after that you can just use bloody maras to adjust your vampirism stage (or stay at stage 4 forever). I think there has to be more "flavor" to make the whole thing more immersive and fun. Imo players need to be encouraged to do vampire things if they decided to make their char a vampire, and better passives are a good way to do so.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes perfect sense to me that a vamp would get stronger with blood food.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe its comes from Skyrim vampire lord progression
    While in Vampire Lord form, you will have access to a unique skill tree with perks that makes your special abilities more powerful. You gain progress to your next Vampire Lord perk by defeating enemies with Vampiric Drain or a "power bite" attack. The Vampiric Drain attack counts toward a perk when it kills living creatures other than rabbits and foxes. Non-living creatures, such as undead, constructs, or summoned creatures do not give any progress gains.

Each new perk requires a few more kills than the last. The first perk requires 5 kills with Vampiric Drain or a "power bite" attack, the second 6, the third 9, and the fourth 10; after that, each new perk requires two more kills than the last (up to 24 required to progress from the 10th perk to the 11th). You will need to feed a total of 156 times to complete the entire tree.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Vampire_Lord
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    theyancey wrote: »
    It makes perfect sense to me that a vamp would get stronger with blood food.

It does indeed, but that's debatable over the lore... Being weaker or stronger need to be defined too... Vamps get stronger skills with hunger, but weaker in resistance. If they go hungry, are they weak or strong? I say both. Same for feeding.

You ask me, my personal vamp lore would always be feed to get strong. You're a monster, not a human. You should need to starve to lose your vampiric aspects more and more back into normalcy, by paying the price of pain and weakness. That's just me though... I'm fully on board with this change, proactive hunting vamps, always looking for victims and all that. Even if this has to bend lore a bit, which I'm still not entirely sure it does.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well that is because of common belief and superstition. Many can't tell the difference between vampirism or necromancy and the lore clearly states they are considered by many to be what the d&d vampire is a reanimated corpse. When in reality they are inverted and the opposite from a d&d vampire. While undead are considered false life. Vampires got to be considered a form of false death. Do to how the condition has worked. The passive should be called Unliving fortitude.
    It is unique that many think of them like d&d vampires when clearly they are not.

I've read every piece of TES vampire lore, including played every one of the games, including the mobile spin-offs.

Not once have I ever seen the games suggest that Vampirism isn't a form of undeath. The only example that I can think of is Lawrence Schick referencing vampires as shapeshifters. Which, ironically enough, was towards the very question that I submitted for his lore article.

Can you perhaps share your sources? I say this without foul, for I'm open to having my mind changed, if you're correct. But until then, I'll keep being mad pissy over these changes that fundamentally destroy the vampire experience that I've always sought after in a TES video game.

Vampires can drown, they have not had a holy weakness since daggerfall. The garlic weakness was shown to be a very rare type of vampire allergy. Like peanuts They can eat and drink they can heal themselves. Resurrection unless its by divine intervention or you have a daedric quality is shown not to be very easy there is no concept of resurrection scrolls or anything. It is true they were like that in Daggerfall. But thing is they hated the d&dness of it and on purpose moved away from D&d. That is what the devs did. I do beleive vampires were included in this. They were not undead in morrowind or Oblivion they were given the trait in Skyrim likely for the necromage perk and to make turn undead more useful. But still they are unliving. They have been unliving either since morrowind. They could have made it so vampires didn't have to breath but yet they can drown.

Many folks are uneducated in elder scrolls reality and likely can't tell the difference between what un really means. Un
    a prefix freely used in English to form verbs expressing a reversal of some action or state, or removal, deprivation, release, etc. (unbend; uncork; unfasten, etc.), or to intensify the force of a verb already having such a meaning
    Undeath is the literal removal of death. After the person has died this is how d&d vampirism works. You die and come back.
    Elder Scrolls vampirism contract vampirism disease, three days later transition to a death like state. Grow fangs.
    Unlife is the removal of life.
    Undeath is the removal of death. To be undead you have to die first then come back. While vampires sinse daggerfall has been shown to transition the person to a death like state. Its shown in the vampire quest that molag bal didn't kill Lamae. They found her mangled what caused them to try and burn her was her wounds were healing on their own.
    Every concept has some form of duality.
    Anu, Padomay
    Life/Death
    Sithis/Anui-el
    Akatosh/ Lorkahn
    Sheogorath/Jyggalag
    Crowns/Forebears.
    Trinimac Orc Followers/Malacath Orc Followers.
    Bretons/Reachmen
    Nibenese Imperials/Colovian Imperials
    Every race has a duality some form or another. That is how it works.
    Now Undeath does not fall under Life/death and must have a counterpart to it. One can't exist without the other. That is how duality work. That is how Elder Scrolls reality time and time again is shown to have.
    Undeath/Unlife would be just another form of duality.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 17, 2020 12:56AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This could be actually how they will justify the changes. Lamae's bloodline is already special, they are not afraid of sunlight, for example. Could also be that they become stronger as they feed.
    I think there's a few aspects to this. First, of course is lore. TES lore has always been evolving, and retcons/inconsistencies are almost unavoidable when we are talking about a 20+ year old franchise.
    Secondly, there is gameplay. Lore is great, but Elder Scrolls games are, well, games, so they must convey the narrative via gameplay mechanics. There are thousands of vamp chars in ESO, but for the majority of them its just extra 10% recovery. You don't even have to bite anyone - the introduction quest doesnt require you to drink blood, and after that you can just use bloody maras to adjust your vampirism stage (or stay at stage 4 forever). I think there has to be more "flavor" to make the whole thing more immersive and fun. Imo players need to be encouraged to do vampire things if they decided to make their char a vampire, and better passives are a good way to do so.

They could do all of that without turning Elder Scrolls' unique representation of vampirism on its head and ruin it completely. Players have suggested changes for years, and yet the one we get goes directly against how Vampirism has been portrayed in the past TES titles.

Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean there are some types of vampires that can get stronger by feeding and will look more vampire like. (Though I don't think there were many of them)
    So lore should be okay with that aspect.
    More interested as to how they will explain that the player vampire type changed.
    *Bloodline change incoming*

If they explain it well and it doesn't go against the lore... I'm okay with this. But looks like we have to wait for it to come to pts to see if they explained it or not and how these changes are effecting everyone.
    :smiley:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quoted post has ben removed.

Not all changes are bad. Drastic change in tone and themes is what gave us Morrowind.
    Of course, I dont expect the new chapter's lore to be as good as original Morrowind, but still.
    Nirn is not real world, and rules are not set in stone. A lot of religious stuff was changed from Arena/Daggerfall, but it didn't ruin the franchise. Dark Brotherhood now worships Sithis, not Mephala. Khajiits can be not just human-like, but also completely cat-like (and everything in between)... Etc. I just don't see why can't there be a vampire bloodline that works differently (especially since it already works differently).
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 17, 2020 2:20AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well debate over unlife or undeath aside I think they are doing a good thing by changing the feeding. I know some don't like the reversal but its a good thing. Not a bad thing.
    PC NA
  • Jcarson0408
    Jcarson0408
    ✭✭✭
    This is an MMO, it was never immersive or cannon. Unless people naming their kids "Farteaterlawl" or something is cannon. Adding sunlight damage to the game is a mammoth task and a massive upheaval.
    They need to do it this way, as it stands now being a vampire doesn't feel like being a vampire due to you never having to feed. When Bethesda made vampires get stronger as they starve themselves they had them taking damage from sunlight for not feeding enough, an interesting way to balance risk and reward, but still required you to feed on the blood of the living like a VAMPIRE. But in an MMO setting the sunlight damage thing does not work when you can log off when it's dark in game and log back in when it's sunny, with no way to just load into a save where you aren't in sunlight. Then when it kills you what can you do? You can't respawn, the sun will just kill you again. Well looks like you are just not going to be able to log into that character until the sun goes away, and since the game doesn't follow the real live day and night cycle with no way of knowing when it will change again you have no idea when you are going to be allowed to play that character again.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quoted post has been removed.

Have you played Daggerfall, Morrowind or the Vampire Lord form in Skyrim?

None of them got weaker from feeding.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 17, 2020 2:22AM
  • Jcarson0408
    Jcarson0408
    ✭✭✭

What is unique about the vampires still is they are not undead but unliving that will not change. Vampires can eat, drink, drown that is shown and I doubt will change throughout the various games. Your right they are unique. Just not in the way you think they are. They are mortals with a curse that alters the body into a death like state. They are not reanimated corpses or act like the d&d vampires do. They have inverted the tropes with them. All they are doing is make it so they are stronger when well fed does not change the fact if your a vampire hoping to explore underwater your going to drown just like any other typical mortal. Because you are an unliving being. Sorry you think your undead think again.

3mcvi9.jpg

You're literally wrong, but ok.

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Arena:_Undead
    https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Undead_(Daggerfall)

It was with morrowind that vampirism was changed to its own enemy category.

ESO Vampires even have the Undeath passive, and so too do people claim it in several ingame lore books. Often referred to as a state of undeath.

Well that is because of common belief and superstition. Many can't tell the difference between vampirism or necromancy and the lore clearly states they are considered by many to be what the d&d vampire is a reanimated corpse. When in reality they are inverted and the opposite from a d&d vampire. While undead are considered false life. Vampires got to be considered a form of false death. Do to how the condition has worked. The passive should be called Unliving fortitude.
    It is unique that many think of them like d&d vampires when clearly they are not.

I believe they did it this way to move away from the common d&d and vampire tropes. As the first two games were basically a home brewed d&d campaign that changed with Morrowind. So they moved away from it.

Then why does Dawnbreaker work on them the same as it would undead as well as spells that cause fear to undead?
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not all changes are bad. Drastic change in tone and themes is what gave us Morrowind.
    Of course, I dont expect the new chapter's lore to be as good as original Morrowind, but still.
    Nirn is not real world, and rules are not set in stone. A lot of religious stuff was changed from Arena/Daggerfall, but it didn't ruin the franchise. Dark Brotherhood now worships Sithis, not Mephala. Khajiits can be not just human-like, but also completely cat-like (and everything in between)... Etc. I just don't see why can't there be a vampire bloodline that works differently (especially since it already works differently).

The changes to the Dark Brotherhood and the Khajiit were, in my eyes, both positive, because it offered both a bigger and more unique identity rather than being another Morag Tong or another Bosmer-like race.

There can be vampire bloodlines that work differently, I will never argue against that, but they're literally changing an existing bloodline, rather than creating a new one, which is what they should've done with a change like this.

What they're doing now is not only a minor retcon, but forcing every player onto a new and disinteresting mechanic that doesn't align with the unique vampire represensation of the TES franchise, but rather a modernized vampirism thats a borderline copy of any modern vampire fiction.

It wouldn't surprise me if this entire change is aimed at VTMB2 fanbase, considering that this change is being released conveniently in time.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The changes to the Dark Brotherhood and the Khajiit were, in my eyes, both positive, because it offered both a bigger and more unique identity rather than being another Morag Tong or another Bosmer-like race.

There can be vampire bloodlines that work differently, I will never argue against that, but they're literally changing an existing bloodline, rather than creating a new one, which is what they should've done with a change like this.

What they're doing now is not only a minor retcon, but forcing every player onto a new and disinteresting mechanic that doesn't align with the unique vampire represensation of the TES franchise, but rather a modernized vampirism thats a borderline copy of any modern vampire fiction.

It wouldn't surprise me if this entire change is aimed at VTMB2 fanbase, considering that this change is being released conveniently in time.

Bethesda did the same thing to vampires in Skyrim they even changed how they looked with Dawnguard. They are just overhauling it.
    PC NA
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you played Daggerfall, Morrowind or the Vampire Lord form in Skyrim?

None of them got weaker from feeding.

Every single installment of TES.

They didn't get more powerful either, with exception of perk points for the vampire lord specifically in the Dawnguard Expansion for TES:V Skyrim.

Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're not adding more, they're changing an existing bloodline.

I otherwise agree with you.

I dunno, I was admittedly distracted during the stream, but it seemed to me like the Blood Scion skill line is an optional add-on to the base Vampire skill line. Just don't become a Blood Scion. I guess we'll see more implementation details on PTS ::shrug::
    Edited by Gnortranermara on January 17, 2020 1:27AM
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dunno, I was admittedly distracted during the stream, but it seemed to me like the Blood Scion skill line is an optional add-on to the base Vampire skill line. Just don't become a Blood Scion. I guess we'll see more implementation details on PTS ::shrug::

I fear this is incorrect.

The player character by definition, is already the Scion of Lamae Bal. It's why we're given the book, too.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The player character by definition, is already the Scion of Lamae Bal. It's why we're given the book, too.

Yes from what I gathered is they are overhauling it. The vampire lord form will be added to the base and the vampire quest is getting overhauled as well.
    PC NA
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes from what I gathered is they are overhauling it. The vampire lord form will be added to the base and the vampire quest is getting overhauled as well.

Did they actually show the blood Scion ult to be a Vampire Lord? If so, another blow to canon and lore.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bethesda did the same thing to vampires in Skyrim they even changed how they looked with Dawnguard. They are just overhauling it.

It's a literal retcon, that in my eyes, which I know is contrary to yours, ruins the appeal of TES Vampirism, which was a unique representation in our modern media that is desaturated by the same type of vampires again and again and again.

I didn't agree with them receiving sun immunity either, nor a free pass in stage 4. It's dumping it down for the worse.

Vampires are feared monsters of the night, an unholy creature. Giving Stage 1 every power, every strength, every bonus and every buff while still maintaining all sense of humanity and frisky visual appeal of mortality, is a ruination of established TES vampire canon.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Vampire Lords "train" their vampirism through feeding might actually be the redeeming factor here @ShadowHvo .
    What if the vampire skill line was advanced through feeding instead of simply getting XP?
    Then technically vampires would be getting stronger by feeding. Since they are changing vampirism and giving us access to the vampire lord transformation as well as us still receiving vampirism from Lamae herself, it might simply be explained away by us pure-bloods gaining better control over the gift the more we feed (and more than off-setting the penalty for it), which doesn't change that lowly generic vampires of a lesser kind than our player characters in ESO, need to starve themselves to become stronger.
    If this is the explanation they are going for, I want to see this actually be acknowledged somewhere that us players are better than generic vampires.

By the end of the day, I do like that they are making feeding more important and that vampirism interacts with the justice system (hopefully on more than simply using skills but just by being stage 4 as well).

It remains to be seen what the rework actually looks like. Hopefully they make it consistent with the franchise instead of going the Bosmer stealth and Argonian poison resist route again.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did they actually show the blood Scion ult to be a Vampire Lord? If so, another blow to canon and lore.

Yup, unfortunately so. They didn't show it, but Lemon outright revealed it.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side, vampires won’t need to wear a skin anymore to not look hideous since you will want to stay fed.

Nope, they reversed that too: the well-fed vampires are now the hideous ones.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its going to be called the Blood Scion. So it won't be Harkons vampire lord. Here is what I want to know about the blood scion form is it a temp form or is it going to be how it was in Skyrim. If they are doing it I think they might have some buff effect to exsting vampire skills they added to it. So I think it might be a more optional form. While being able to do abilties in either.
    PC NA
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    That Vampire Lords "train" their vampirism through feeding might actually be the redeeming factor here @ShadowHvo .
    What if the vampire skill line was advanced through feeding instead of simply getting XP?
    Then technically vampires would be getting stronger by feeding. Since they are changing vampirism and giving us access to the vampire lord transformation as well as us still receiving vampirism from Lamae herself, it might simply be explained away by us pure-bloods gaining better control over the gift the more we feed (and more than off-setting the penalty for it), which doesn't change that lowly generic vampires of a lesser kind than our player characters in ESO, need to starve themselves to become stronger.
    If this is the explanation they are going for, I want to see this actually be acknowledged somewhere that us players are better than generic vampires.

By the end of the day, I do like that they are making feeding more important and that vampirism interacts with the justice system (hopefully on more than simply using skills but just by being stage 4 as well).

It remains to be seen what the rework actually looks like. Hopefully they make it consistent with the franchise instead of going the Bosmer stealth and Argonian poison resist route again.

I wouldn't mind one bit if the skill-line itself was advanced through such a method, since that indeed, sounds logical and plausible.

But that is not how I heard Lemon's explanation on the livestream, I understood it as a fundamental change to how Vampirism operates in its stages, that the vampire, physically and magically, maintain their strength and toolset by feeding often, which contradicts established canon.

Essentially, to me, it sounds like Stage 1 is king, with Stage 4 being irrelevant, when in truth there should be downsides and positives to both:

Stage 1 is when the vampire is at their most human, yet also their vampiricly weakest. Easily disguised, hidden amongst civil society.

Stage 4 is when the vampire is at their most monstrous, their most feral and vampiricly powerful. Easily identified as a vampire and unable to interact with civil society. (Justice system, hello.)

Feeding should be important, yet it should be important for the same reasons as in Oblivion and Skyrim pre-Dawnguard. That at least, is my opinion.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    On the plus side, vampires won’t need to wear a skin anymore to not look hideous since you will want to stay fed.

Nope, they reversed that too: the well-fed vampires are now the hideous ones.

@Langeston Wait, did they say that anywhere? I didn't hear that part... If so, that makes even less sense than the power. The moment a vampire bites you, you immediately turn super ugly so that literally everyone around you immediately knows "Oh, he got bit". So no secret involved anymore. That can't be right...
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

I wouldn't mind one bit if the skill-line itself was advanced through such a method, since that indeed, sounds logical and plausible.

But that is not how I heard Lemon's explanation on the livestream, I understood it as a fundamental change to how Vampirism operates in its stages, that the vampire, physically and magically, maintain their strength and toolset by feeding often, which contradicts established canon.

Essentially, to me, it sounds like Stage 1 is king, with Stage 4 being irrelevant, when in truth there should be downsides and positives to both:

Stage 1 is when the vampire is at their most human, yet also their vampiricly weakest. Easily disguised, hidden amongst civil society.

Stage 4 is when the vampire is at their most monstrous, their most feral and vampiricly powerful. Easily identified as a vampire and unable to interact with civil society. (Justice system, hello.)

Feeding should be important, yet it should be important for the same reasons as in Oblivion and Skyrim pre-Dawnguard. That at least, is my opinion.

I think they can mix the two. Maybe keep the passives the same but require feeding for the more powerful vampire abilties. So they could go that route.
    PC NA
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its going to be called the Blood Scion. So it won't be Harkons vampire lord. Here is what I want to know about the blood scion form is it a temp form or is it going to be how it was in Skyrim. If they are doing it I think they might have some buff effect to exsting vampire skills they added to it. So I think it might be a more optional form. While being able to do abilties in either.

I've read they said Harkon has no involvement in the story, so if it's a completely different transformation that's fine. Still not happy with the feeding reversal.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they can mix the two. Maybe keep the passives the same but require feeding for the more powerful vampire abilties. So they could go that route.

They could, but I doubt it.

From how it sounded to me, they're changing the system around completely so that Stage 4 will be irrelevant, and stage 1 will be the go to for everyone.

That doesn't fix any of the issues the current iteration of vampirism has on ESO.

I just do not understand why they didn't take a page out of their rich library and made Vampirism more involved with the world. Give risks and consequences as the past games portrayed it.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --