Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampires shouldn't get stronger the more they feed.

ShadowHvo
ShadowHvo
✭✭✭✭✭
This goes directly against established Elder Scrolls canon, how could Leamon sign onto this?

A vampire becomes more dangerous the less they feed, their hunger increasing, their beastial urges takes over, making them more powerful, unpredictable and dangerous. Similarily, the more they feed, the lesser their monstrous urges become, and thus the more human and life-like they appear.

Why are you ruining Elder Scrolls vampire lore by turning it completely on its head?

Also, thank you for forever ruining the vampire lord form. A legendary, mystical creature capable of ultimate destruction, will now hit no harder than a wet bloody noodle.

As a elder scrolls lore fan, in particular in regards to vampires... This is the worst possible chapter imaginable, and that's depressing.
Edited by ShadowHvo on January 17, 2020 6:12AM
Nighren - The Shadow Striker
Leader of Bloodlines
-- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since there's no sunlight damage in ESO, I think it works better this way.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    This goes directly against established Elder Scrolls canon, how could Lemon sign onto this?

A vampire becomes more dangerous the less they feed, their hunger increasing, their beastial urges takes over, making them more powerful, unpredictable and dangerous. Similarily, the more they feed, the lesser their monstrous urges become, and thus the more human and life-like they appear.

Why are you ruining Elder Scrolls vampire lore by turning it completely on its head?

Also, thank you for forever ruining the vampire lord form. A legendary, mystical creature capable of ultimate destruction, will now hit no harder than a wet bloody noodle.

As a elder scrolls lore fan, in particular in regards to vampires... This is the worst possible chapter imaginable, and that's depressing.

They killed the vampire lord already with dawnguard.
    Edited by HappyLittleTree on January 16, 2020 11:36PM
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • DarknDarker
    DarknDarker
    ✭✭✭
    have to agree, the whole feeding thing is what made TES vampires unique and this change not only goes against that, it ruins it as well
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    Since there's no sunlight damage in ESO, I think it works better this way.

I disagree, but I also wish that we had sunlight damage, as we did back in Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion (and Skyrim initially, before Dawnguard)

Thank god Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 releases later this year, because god... ZoS really screwed their vampire lore fans.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that not only does the most popular vampire mod for skyrim do exactly this, it's something that people have been asking for since the beginning since as it stands right now there's zero point in feeding. Everyone I know just gets to level 4 and leaves it there...the whole feeding mechanic might as well not even exist in the game.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampires tend to vary on this one. So its not breaking lore.
    Some grow stronger others grow weaker.
    Vampires do have to feed they are not like player prisoner heros that can avoid doing so. So it makes sense. I'm Happy about this change. You want to be a vampire you got to act like one. No more passive buffs without feeding!
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly i'm just glad we're getting a decent feeding animation and probably a vamp lord ult >:)o:)
    PC EU
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side, vampires won’t need to wear a skin anymore to not look hideous since you will want to stay fed.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that not only does the most popular vampire mod for skyrim do exactly this, it's something that people have been asking for since the beginning since as it stands right now there's zero point in feeding. Everyone I know just gets to level 4 and leaves it there...the whole feeding mechanic might as well not even exist in the game.

Which is a fault with the lack of negatives to the higher stages. Vampires shouldn't be accepted in towns at Stage 4, as it is proper to TES canon. Hell, add in bloody sunlight damage too, and we can have a proper vampire experience. But we're getting neither.

This update gives everyone far more reason to be a vampire, than it already did.

I don't want Dragons to cosplay as Thomas the Tank Engine, but that too was a popular mod.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Totally agree OP. ES vampires get stronger but more vulnerable the less they feed.

This totally disregards the vampire clan bloodlines as well. RIP lore and worship the $$$
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Which is a fault with the lack of negatives to the higher stages. Vampires shouldn't be accepted in towns at Stage 4, as it is proper to TES canon. Hell, add in bloody sunlight damage too, and we can have a proper vampire experience. But we're getting neither.

This update gives everyone far more reason to be a vampire, than it already did.

I don't want Dragons to cosplay as Thomas the Tank Engine, but that too was a popular mod.

They changed that with dawnguard so you didn't get attacked on sight unless you transformed into a vampire lord and even put in a load screen saying vampires are not nearly as hated as the werewolf is.
    PC NA
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They changed that with dawnguard so you didn't get attacked on sight unless you transformed into a vampire lord and even put in a load screen saying vampires are not nearly as hated as the werewolf is.

I literally wrote that in the comment below.

That is ONE DLC out of 4 games.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard them say it's actually the other way round, the hunger increases as they get more powerful.
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Vampires were not attacked on sight in Oblivion either only the guard would attack if were stage four and had a bounty. I think it depended on how high it was not sure. Morrowind was a bit different but then the coding sucked they didn't even give you the means to hide it with a helm like they should have. Vampires might be monsters but not every one of them is evil. Plus many can be civalized and they do have vampire hunters and others that deal with such things.
    PC NA
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard them say it's actually the other way round, the hunger increases as they get more powerful.

They did state that you become more powerful by feeding, which is opposite to established canon throughout the series.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love the change because it ties into the justice system. If you want to take advantage of vampire skill line you are going to have to feed on NPCs which is equivalent to stealing/murder.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They did state that you become more powerful by feeding, which is opposite to established canon throughout the series.

Well could be that Lamae can decide how it works. Each clan works differently so its not all the same. I thought the weaker when well fed was stupid. I'm glad for this change I'm very happy about this. Please people don't ruin it! I want to be stronger when well fed not the other way around!
    PC NA
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this goes against lore (which it doesn't, not entirely) then I am willing to accept it. Lore exists to serve the game and with this, being a vampire will finally, FINALLY mean more than just "ooh magicka passive". Excellent change, cannot wait.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vampires were not attacked on sight in Oblivion either only the guard would attack if were stage four and had a bounty. I think it depended on how high it was not sure. Morrowind was a bit different but then the coding sucked they didn't even give you the means to hide it with a helm like they should have. Vampires might be monsters but not every one of them is evil. Plus many can be civalized and they do have vampire hunters and others that deal with such things.

Yes they were in stage 4, because that is when the vampire is at their most monstrous and powerful, which makes complete sense.

In Morrowind and Daggerfall, Vampires were kill on sight regardless of stage, because there were no stages. They also took damage from the sun, but at the trade-off, they were powerful creatures of the night.

Now they're just powerful creatures of any day without any trade-off.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the change because it ties into the justice system. If you want to take advantage of vampire skill line you are going to have to feed on NPCs which is equivalent to stealing/murder.

I agree with this change, I've always been an advocate for it being involved with the justice system.

But there is literally no way reason for them turning vampire lore upside down, and changing the established canon of how their powerscale functions.

They could've kept to canon and still made it a part of the justice system, as they should've long ago.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well could be that Lamae can decide how it works. Each clan works differently so its not all the same. I thought the weaker when well fed was stupid. I'm glad for this change I'm very happy about this. Please people don't ruin it! I want to be stronger when well fed not the other way around!

Why should a progenitor of a bloodline "DECIDE" how their bloodline works?

Logically, thats on Molag Bal's design table, not the one being diseased.

I will fight against this to the bitter end, be rest assured. I don't want them to ruin established vampire canon, which is precisely what they're in the process of.

They're already ruining the vampire lord, by turning it from a deadly, legendary killing machine, into a wet noodle that will die in Cyrodiil more easily than critters of the past.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never made sense to me that they'd be stronger by NOT feeding, so I like this change.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls lore includes multiple different vampire species with varying characteristics, and they can always add more. Showing more variation does not conflict with lore.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this goes against lore (which it doesn't, not entirely) then I am willing to accept it. Lore exists to serve the game and with this, being a vampire will finally, FINALLY mean more than just "ooh magicka passive". Excellent change, cannot wait.

Yes it does.

Vampires get stronger the less they feed, that is how it has always been. This turns it around.

The problem with the current iteration of the vampire is that there are no downsides to the strengths. I don't see how this changes anything, but ruining established lore.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls lore includes multiple different vampire species with varying characteristics, and they can always add more. Showing more variation does not conflict with lore.

They're not adding more, they're changing an existing bloodline.

I otherwise agree with you.
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    😒 to vampires being stronger when not well fed got to remember vampires there is over 100% strains each each one works differently. Volkihar and Oblivion vampires might have acted that way because Molag Bal desired it. But this is Lamae's vampirism and Molag Bal is shown to have no control over this one. After all we do get to fight him as a vampire and Lamae hates both Arkay and Molag Bal. Lamae gets stronger with each vampire that is a member of her bloodline I doubt Molag Bal does. So days of not feeding and benefiting from it are over! You want to be a vampire got to be vampire! Not feeding time is over vampire go back to feeding the way vampires are meant to *Imperial guards voice*
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 16, 2020 11:57PM
    PC NA
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are aware that you can feed on any humanoid mob too? Walk outside the gate, feed to your hearts content on the nearest bandit. No reprecussions whatsoever.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imo, its better for an mmo type game. since it stops the use of just using vampire as a almost free powerboost.
    Instead, players will need to feed to get that power. so you have to do some activity to get the power. same as with werewolves.
    You want the power? Work for it!

On top of it, they said the justice system will be part of the new vamp skills too. So being powerful but giving away you're a vamp? Those guards will be right on you. Similar to how its lowered dueling for necros near town/guards.

Its an acceptable approach considering there's no daylight damage because the day/night/weather system is locally generated not server side.

As for your argument of it being against lore. Like it was said in the stream. We get our vampirism directly from Mother Lamae. the source of all vampire clans. Each clan's vampirism is expressed differently. So is ours. And that is perfectly fine imo.

Personally, i'm looking forward to the whole thing. Might make more vampires once it's live, just to experience the new intro to vampirism they talked about.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They did say they were adding overt vampire acts to the bounty system, like they did with Necro.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😒 to vampires being stronger when not well fed got to remember vampires there is over 100% strains each each one works differently. Volkihar and Oblivion vampires might have acted that way because Molag Bal desired it. But this is Lamae's vampirism and Molag Bal is shown to have no control over this one. After all we do get to fight him as a vampire and Lamae hates both Arkay and Molag Bal. Lamae gets stronger with each vampire that is a member of her bloodline I doubt Molag Bal does. So days of not feeding and benefiting from it are over! You want to be a vampire got to be vampire.! Not feeding time is over vampire go back to feeding the way your meant too! *Imperial guards voice*

You clearly do not know how diseases, or vampirism have worked throughout the games nor the lore.

Nowhere imaginable have we seen ANY display of a progenitor CHOOSING their abilities. It's a GIFT/CURSE from Molag Bal. He may not even know how it works, but that doesn't validate your claims.

They're turning Elder Scrolls Vampires into boring standard INSERT ANY POPULAR VAMPIRE FICTION rather than the unique representation that it have had in Elder Scrolls canon and video games.
    Edited by ShadowHvo on January 17, 2020 12:02AM
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --