The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Im sitting at
    26.2k hp, 41.2k mag, 14k stam, 1700 mag regen, 25k spell and 20.5k physical on my offensive bar with skoria.

What you running? And what's your Spell Damage?

Bright throats, alfiq, skoria. All triglyphs, 3 triune, 2 spell damage and 1 recovery. Lady mundus. Sharpened front bar, powered snb back bar

Completely unbuffed i think my spell dmg is around 2.3 or 2.4k.

Triune and tristat is really one of the only overtuned things left for versatility. Gonna ride it out lol
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on October 3, 2019 4:29PM
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Debating using both RAT and Mist form. Generally find root spammers when I need to get away or through a choke point and RAT is too short, but cant be offensive with major expedition and root immunity with mist form. And mist form works pretty cheese while also having LD up.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To limited on bar space for that kinda redundancy
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mist form for me, RAT is to short a duration
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The minor force from RAT is not to be overlooked. In cp scenarios where you have more crit to begin with, if you get anywhere close to 40% crit chance then with a 70% crit damage modifier (50% base + minor force + aedric spear passive) you can get some really nice heals in addition to a damage boost. It's even better in non cp where people generally have less crit resist.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's an offensive buff. Think I can fit both it and mist on my bar NP. Entropy is there, about to get nerfed, and can go spell power pots. When you're in trouble in danger of being CCed and finished, MF takes care of that and low stam moments
    Edited by technohic on October 7, 2019 5:08PM
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had to choose I’d go RAT. I’m a little bias though because I don’t like vamp outside of emperor, which I don’t care about at all these days.

Plus , I think it’s really good to learn how to play without mist. You can still reposition and be very mobile with RAT.

Guess it depends on your playstyle, Templar is played different ways even though many people act like everyone runs the same thing. I don’t run vamp, don’t use backlash, don’t use radiant , don’t use a gap closer, I run snb on my offensive bar etc.

Templar is still most flexible class in my opinion.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I switched to RAT when Necro came out and dropped vamp, fire was just tearing me up, and even DK whips and those (glitched) Necro Skulls were tearing me up through mist form, most good players I face all have some speed boosts and have no prob keeping up with MF, while trying to LOS, etc. ( My faction also faces a plethora of DKs, and at that time a ton of Necros. )

It took some adjustment at first, but, I like RAT so much better. I think that it makes be more situationally aware. I mean for the most part when I was using Mist Form before it was because I over extended, or made a bad call, or followed someone else's lead who made a bad call. I also like the little psijic sheild.

Generally I'm in small groups that are outnumbered. What I do at choke points, or, if I am going into the center of an enemy group to drop Ult etc, I take an immovability pot first. I think that there have only been a few times where I thought that I wished I had MF instead, and none of those were good fights to begin with.
    Edited by Hexquisite on October 8, 2019 12:21AM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the scoop on Stamplar for Dragonhold?? Anyone do any testing for PVP? Won't have new patch until Nov. 5th on console...Got some ideas in mind,.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar was great for me last night. POTL can be brutal, or nothing
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Are you experimenting with any different sets now that jabs is dd?
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really. I moved a ton of points out of thaum as I dont use DOTs, and put them in the direct damage so i now have 120 points in that tree to set targets off balance, and some in piercing as I'm not running onslaught now, but I had stopped due to game performance anyway.

I'm not running javelin at the moment either because I find it inefficient in cost and range no longer reaching where gap closers cant, but it would be interesting to build for it. I can see complaining incoming for it and backlash. The right thing to do with backlash would be reduce its cap by half, but then double its copied damage to make it more reliable AND reasonable but they'll probably gut it worse than that. The right thing to do with javelin would be just give us major fracture or something. maybe brutality and sorcery.
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really. I moved a ton of points out of thaum as I dont use DOTs, and put them in the direct damage so i now have 120 points in that tree to set targets off balance, and some in piercing as I'm not running onslaught now, but I had stopped due to game performance anyway.

I'm not running javelin at the moment either because I find it inefficient in cost and range no longer reaching where gap closers cant, but it would be interesting to build for it. I can see complaining incoming for it and backlash. The right thing to do with backlash would be reduce its cap by half, but then double its copied damage to make it more reliable AND reasonable but they'll probably gut it worse than that. The right thing to do with javelin would be just give us major fracture or something. maybe brutality and sorcery.

I would rather see Brutality/Sorcery added to Eclipse base and see it reworked to be more of a group utility skill and Tanking skill. Also, change one of the morphs of Focused Charge to Stamina-based.
    The problem with backlash is that now we can build for DD and Crit, so it's going to over perform on most builds and people are already flooding the forums with cries to nerf. ZOS will listen, and the skill will become the same as many other Templars skills have over the years...Useless to slot.

I am going to enjoy this patch on my Stamplar. I plan to run 5 Medium Mechanical Acuity on the body, 3pc Cyrodiil's Ward on Jewelry and front bar a 2H. Back Bar BRP DW and run Bloodspawn.
    PotL, Crit Rush, Jabby Jab Jab while MA is active, Onslaught, PotL explosion with 100% Crit. I'll buff my crit damage with RAT and Shadow. :)
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would rather see Brutality/Sorcery added to Eclipse base and see it reworked to be more of a group utility skill and Tanking skill. Also, change one of the morphs of Focused Charge to Stamina-based.
    The problem with backlash is that now we can build for DD and Crit, so it's going to over perform on most builds and people are already flooding the forums with cries to nerf. ZOS will listen, and the skill will become the same as many other Templars skills have over the years...Useless to slot.

I am going to enjoy this patch on my Stamplar. I plan to run 5 Medium Mechanical Acuity on the body, 3pc Cyrodiil's Ward on Jewelry and front bar a 2H. Back Bar BRP DW and run Bloodspawn.
    PotL, Crit Rush, Jabby Jab Jab while MA is active, Onslaught, PotL explosion with 100% Crit. I'll buff my crit damage with RAT and Shadow. :)

Sounds fun but a super in and out playstyle.

My stamplar is in truth/ spriggans/ masters bow/ blood spawn. As are most of my other stam characters lol
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some fun last night on magplar.

https://youtu.be/lhP_DahRciY
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds fun but a super in and out playstyle.

My stamplar is in truth/ spriggans/ masters bow/ blood spawn. As are most of my other stam characters lol

I'm sure jabs would proc MA similar to how it procced the low chance on ravager. And I'm gonna test cyro ward for the recovery and defile.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was messing with dark flare tonight on magplar. One of the last sources of major defile and its AOE. Helps with bunched up healers and health recovery builds.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was messing with dark flare tonight on magplar. One of the last sources of major defile and its AOE. Helps with bunched up healers and health recovery builds.

Yea a buddy of mine who hadnt played for 2 years came back recently. He still had df on his bar. First thing he said was "why is my dark flare so weak". Lol. But it can be decent burst and helps in a small group setting. Ive certainly noticed the defile having an impact any way.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea a buddy of mine who hadnt played for 2 years came back recently. He still had df on his bar. First thing he said was "why is my dark flare so weak". Lol. But it can be decent burst and helps in a small group setting. Ive certainly noticed the defile having an impact any way.

Yeah it's kind of pathetic damage for the cast time but if I see heal and purge spam, I spam that while others siege or bomb them.

In a regular fight, I want the defile but dont want the cast to ruin combat flow so I lead with it with POTL right after will stick before the DF hits, and I then go melee and crescent. Gets a decent PL buildup.

The annoying thing is the first cast is like 2 seconds, and ok only if you spam it after that it goes much quicker in succession but I really want that first cast to be quick. Really should be looked at.
    Options
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭

Yeah it's kind of pathetic damage for the cast time but if I see heal and purge spam, I spam that while others siege or bomb them.

In a regular fight, I want the defile but dont want the cast to ruin combat flow so I lead with it with POTL right after will stick before the DF hits, and I then go melee and crescent. Gets a decent PL buildup.

The annoying thing is the first cast is like 2 seconds, and ok only if you spam it after that it goes much quicker in succession but I really want that first cast to be quick. Really should be looked at.

I was actually doing the exact same thing last night, since Reflective Light is borderline trash now I just threw dark flare on my bar in place of it. I was casting it, hitting Purifying Light right before the DF hit, then toppling into crescent on top of them. Decent burst, but dark flare is useless in a brawl solely because of the wonky animation. Still, more useful than reflective and with heals all the rage right now the major defile helps.

I don't think dark flare is a permanent solution at all, it doesn't hit nearly hard enough to justify it's cast time. But until I can settle on a skill to replace reflective, it's been fun to play with.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think i can ever go back to df after loving the skill until they murdered it. I even made a video before it got nerfed in it's honor lol.
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think i can ever go back to df after loving the skill until they murdered it. I even made a video before it got nerfed in it's honor lol.

Been running DF and Thurvokun because it allows me to get some more use out of the green CP tree. Really helpful in large scale battles, not worth bothering with the cast time in any decent 1v1. Think I'm gonna swap to Stamplar when the next patch hits console though.
    Edited by Neoauspex on October 23, 2019 5:07PM
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what alternative would you suggest instead of scoria? since Jabs became DD it's not proccing as often.
    I'm tempted by the following: heartgore for the healing? Grothdar for extra damage? Dominhaus? Really not sure
    Or even go defensive with Chudan mixed with Pirate Skely?
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on October 28, 2019 10:20AM
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    what alternative would you suggest instead of scoria? since Jabs became DD it's not proccing as often.
    I'm tempted by the following: heartgore for the healing? Grothdar for extra damage? Dominhaus? Really not sure
    Or even go defensive with Chudan mixed with Pirate Skely?

Use blood spawn. Stam regen, the proc is over 6k resistance, 15 ultimate helps with downtime of ultimate burst combos(15 ultimate is more than a 5th of cresents cost). I think of this set as the best all around set in the game.

Grundwulf is also very underrated. 1k mag and 500 stam every 5 seconds (occurs through block) is great offensively and defensively.

Stone keeper you need to build for but it's a big part of my support build. Requires you to block for 6 seconds, but that's not a problem and needed when getting focused. Restores 5350 mag stam and health after 6 seconds... broken strong when used right. BIS imo for block casting play styles.

Thurvokin is outstanding in tower play both solo and small group.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any one on pc put together a plar pvp build yet for dragonhold.
    Drops on xbox next week and considering options
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has anyone tried the NMA set on a Stamplar?
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not 100% settled on my stamplar yet. Running 5 7th backbar, 5 spriggan front bar, 2 piece blessing of potentates, Troll King, steed and 1 piece swift and its fun. I had been backbarring bow for roll for major expedition but now trying RAT on it to run 1h shield
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not 100% settled on my stamplar yet. Running 5 7th backbar, 5 spriggan front bar, 2 piece blessing of potentates, Troll King, steed and 1 piece swift and its fun. I had been backbarring bow for roll for major expedition but now trying RAT on it to run 1h shield

I been seeing a lot of Stamplars running SNB backbar on Console. I don't see the appeal with 7th, honestly. I am having way better success with Fury (Chest/Legs/Jewelry) and Spriggs front bar/BRP DW backbar and BS.

I think since console patch dropped today I am going to test out NMA+Sprigg (or BA)+BS.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I been seeing a lot of Stamplars running SNB backbar on Console. I don't see the appeal with 7th, honestly. I am having way better success with Fury (Chest/Legs/Jewelry) and Spriggs front bar/BRP DW backbar and BS.

I think since console patch dropped today I am going to test out NMA+Sprigg (or BA)+BS.

7th is bar-able. The health regen with the new food is nice too.
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

7th is bar-able. The health regen with the new food is nice too.

which food you speaking of?
    Options