The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Any one on pc put together a plar pvp build yet for dragonhold.
    Drops on xbox next week and considering options

hardly imagine it's going to be much different, if at all.

The class has got a lot of options but I don't see any reason any of them will be worse or better.

Scathing Mage and direct damage sets will open up as a more viable option when sweeps are working I guess but i can't see
    them being that great.

Very rarely do I have to change a thing on Templar, some setups are just effective full time.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • Reaper_00
    Reaper_00
    ✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    Im not 100% settled on my stamplar yet. Running 5 7th backbar, 5 spriggan front bar, 2 piece blessing of potentates, Troll King, steed and 1 piece swift and its fun. I had been backbarring bow for roll for major expedition but now trying RAT on it to run 1h shield

I been seeing a lot of Stamplars running SNB backbar on Console. I don't see the appeal with 7th, honestly. I am having way better success with Fury (Chest/Legs/Jewelry) and Spriggs front bar/BRP DW backbar and BS.

I think since console patch dropped today I am going to test out NMA+Sprigg (or BA)+BS.

7th is bar-able. The health regen with the new food is nice too.

which food you speaking of?

Bewitched Sugar Skulls presumably. They are good. Bought several hundred of them when they just hit the guild stores.

Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    Scathing Mage and direct damage sets will open up as a more viable option when sweeps are working I guess but i can't see
    them being that great.
    Scathing Mage is currently bugged; it does not proc from Sweeps. If that bug ever gets fixed I will run it on magplar and never take it off; it has been an underrated set for years.
    Edited by casparian on November 5, 2019 4:12PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jabbs_Giggity sugar skulls
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course this amazing developer team makes sweeps direct damage and not proc scaling mage...
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on November 5, 2019 6:29PM
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it a FOOD though, or actually a DRINK? and If drink, does it work with BP?
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    them being that great.
    Scathing Mage is currently bugged; it does not proc from Sweeps. If that bug ever gets fixed I will run it on magplar and never take it off; it has been an underrated set for years.

Report the S H I T outta this in the bug section.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't test with bp
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on November 5, 2019 8:12PM
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it's a food.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

it's a food.

Lame...and also can someone confirm that investing in Max stats is now essentially pointless for WD/SD?
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow tho, definately feel the exploiter loss though
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

it's a food.

Lame...and also can someone confirm that investing in Max stats is now essentially pointless for WD/SD?

No it's not pointless for dmg. Why would it be
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy balls. My character feels completely feeble now. I'm hitting people with Vampire's Bane and they're running around like lololololol. My one dot is worthless now.
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    them being that great.

Yeah it's a bug with sweeps though isn't it, because other dd is proccing it. That's what I meant, as soon as sweeps are proccing it, it'll be viable.

I actually used it a little a few months ago to try it but it wasn't amazing, I couldn't check my uptime on console etc though so might be a lot better once sweeps are working.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    them being that great.

Yeah it's a bug with sweeps though isn't it, because other dd is proccing it. That's what I meant, as soon as sweeps are proccing it, it'll be viable.

I actually used it a little a few months ago to try it but it wasn't amazing, I couldn't check my uptime on console etc though so might be a lot better once sweeps are working.

The real question is why not just run acolyte
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    them being that great.

Or that, hadn't even seen it

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    them being that great.

The truth right here... been testing acolyte for a gankplar build atm and it great. Too bad dark flare is a shell of its former glory 😔. I do think that acolyte + recovery/max stat set + Breton = profit..
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on November 7, 2019 2:02PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    them being that great.

The truth right here... been testing acolyte for a gankplar build atm and it great. Too bad dark flare is a shell of its former glory 😔. I do think that acolyte + recovery/max stat set + Breton = profit..

Think I'ma run a glass cannon NMA+Spinner (or WM) + Balorgh :D
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    them being that great.

Yea i was doing some tests. Flare is HARDLY hiting harder than javelin vs good builds.
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    them being that great.

Think I'ma run a glass cannon NMA+Spinner (or WM) + Balorgh :D

I was running NMA/spinner and bal

The damage is fantastic
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran into another stamplar today. Was kind of embarrassing as he ran into us 3 or 4 times in a row and was killed until the last time, figured we didn't need to Xv1 him any more when 2 of us went after him and 1 dropped what seemed like instantly and then the other lasted longer but saw they were going down as well. Couldnt save him at that point. Realized its actually someone dangerous and began fighting. 3rd out of 4 in my group decided to jump off the only siege we had going about mid fight, got his attention and got melted.

Thinking yall are right in going full offensive. I lasted quite a bit longer but he had me on my back foot the entire time . I saw the combo of POTL, onslaught, executioner with jabs in between and he had it up often. Eventually wore me out as I was using toppling for CC and to set up off balance with ER. Killed my magicka pool and then I pushed to hard on my rolls trying to avoid it. Going to save the mag pool for ER only now I think.

Edited by technohic on November 8, 2019 11:52AM
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    them being that great.

Yea i was doing some tests. Flare is HARDLY hiting harder than javelin vs good builds.

Yea, got dark flare to tool tip at 18.7k... I’m still able to gank, but it’s a lot harder ... and the javelin change is terrible imo. I would rather have the distance
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭

Reallocated 75cp are saying otherwise ;D %dmg increases eg minor berserk are overrated anyways due to being multiplicative. Neverever would eqip Slim raw again since two SD pieces are way more beneficial.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reallocated 75cp are saying otherwise ;D %dmg increases eg minor berserk are overrated anyways due to being multiplicative. Neverever would eqip Slim raw again since two SD pieces are way more beneficial.

Most of my reallocated cp went to buffing healing since i neglected those prior to this patch instead of neglecting damage stars. %modifiers are still incredibly impactful in pvp. Especially those you get on command, aren't caused by sacrificing other set bonuses, and didn't cause u to go out of your way to get anyway other than maybe 20 cp (now there is literally no point in 75 in thaum, while before with 3 or 4 dots you'd put 56 in on any build using dots).

Most of all, relying on sweeps as your main source of damage vs good players is dumb after they reverted the camera changes. Last patch we had lots of options to support sweeps as part of a burst combo, only needing to cast 1 or 2 times. Major evasion, major expedition, good movement, bunny hopping, etc all dump on sweep spam. But, it's literally our only in class option.
    them being that great.

Yea, got dark flare to tool tip at 18.7k... I’m still able to gank, but it’s a lot harder ... and the javelin change is terrible imo. I would rather have the distance

Check your tooltip on javelin, you're probably hiting 40% of that on players vs 25% of darkflare. Im also not talking about maxing tooltips, I'm talking on a typical solo/ small group build. It's a shame what's happened to flare. Fyi, I'm not using either, i was just testing how moronic the changes have been.

Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark flare has become just an inconvenient debuff. I'd love to have major defile and give up what damage it has left in exchange for getting rid of cast time
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What trait you guys using on your front bar staff?
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    What trait you guys using on your front bar staff?

Sharpened. Prob changing to infused this patch though.
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Usually infused on both staffs for me
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Dark flare has become just an inconvenient debuff. I'd love to have major defile and give up what damage it has left in exchange for getting rid of cast time

The major defile debuff is hardly worth it either because it only lasts 6 seconds. The defile is only useful when you've got someone outnumbered (because that's the only way they won't dodge or interrupt it) and you hit it when they get to low health.

1v1: unless you can kill them in six seconds, they'll just heal up or kite away until it wears off. The cast time is horrible.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's the deal with Dark Flare?

I tried using it in Cyrodiil today, it barely works. It's more like a 3 second cast time, then sometimes it'd fire two projectiles at once. Is it unusable in Cyrodiil with lag?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options