The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 24 - Feedback Thread for Dragonknights

• relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    So if I understand the latest patch notes 5.2.4

you have finalised things by further buffing the stam DK and doing nothing for magDK?

Stam DK's already have far cheaper skill costs and have access to burst skills via the weapon skill lines.

MagDK has taken 25% loss to overall damage of DOTS and nerfed the entire (other than DOT and standard)ardent flame line by 10%.

You've increased the damage of venomous claw and ignored burning embers?

Our sustain is already in the bin... and we are supposed to compensate this by losing even more damage...

woot!

I’ll admit I was glad to see more damage for stam dk but I do agree mag dks are kinda left high and dry here a possible idea would be make the heal on burning embers base and add something new to burning embers per haps every tick of the dot applies burning thus benefiting from combustion more than stam dk

This is a really great idea:smile: so we could at least keep our sustain, i'm certain they won't make any changes this late in the patch...

Back to Scooby Doo: The spooky swamp...
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if I understand the latest patch notes 5.2.4

you have finalised things by further buffing the stam DK and doing nothing for magDK?

Stam DK's already have far cheaper skill costs and have access to burst skills via the weapon skill lines.

MagDK has taken 25% loss to overall damage of DOTS and nerfed the entire (other than DOT and standard)ardent flame line by 10%.

You've increased the damage of venomous claw and ignored burning embers?

Our sustain is already in the bin... and we are supposed to compensate this by losing even more damage...

woot!

I realy want to know who in the zos combat team thinks less sustain / slower combat is more fun.... i mean i understand that certain overused or overpowered skills need a cost increase, but if you increase all abilitys (in this case dots) by the same amount it doesnt affect the meta it just makes it more of a pain in the ass to play it. What does zos want to fix with this changes ? The dot dps ? it was allready turned down. Or do they want to fix that in cps pvp and pve nearly everyone is using 2 dmg sets ? Good luck with that one.
    I understanded the changes of Morrowind, if it was true that the cost reduction cps caused lots of lags in pvp.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, my conclusion:

- Combustion is still in a bad place. The passive needs a complete rework. The amount of sustain it offers is far too low.
    - Armaments is still in a bad place, it's mostly useless.
    - Eruption is over-nerfed.
    - Wings are still bad.
    - Stone Giant... it's ok. I am not satisfied, because it seems like a work-around. It just doesn't fit with the passives and cost and damage type and range and all together. It could have been worse, though and I guess such a spammable is still better than no spammable at all.
    - Overall DK dps, both mdk and sdk, seem to be nerfed more than other classes this patch. I don't know why. It's not fun to get with your DPS in a raid just to be a buff tool and not being able to compete in terms of dps with other players. So it's great that sDK has now utility to provide to a raid group, but at what cost? Necro and Sorc are providing utility while offering great dps at the same time.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on October 21, 2019 6:38AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!