The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Update 24 - Feedback Thread for Dragonknights

• Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    X
    Bowser wrote: »
    Davadin wrote: »
    not that ill ever need it personally, but i also dont understand the need to nerf it from 10 sec.

u want to give the morph a damage boost that can stack, great. it affects any kind of damage, awesome. and u even lower the stun-effect to 3, instead of 5, which refresh the timer everytime, cool.

so why nerf the duration by half? its only 135 damage for gods sake. let us make the best of it with other skill too....

They dont want tanks using it.

If they want stamDKs to utilize the stagger mechanic then it should scale with weapon damage/max stam rather than being a flat amount. That would allow them to give it a proper uptime without the fear of Dk tanks overshadowing stamDk. And a max cap on the extra damage to make sure its balanced easily.

Just like how they did with engulfing flames, Idk why its so hard to figure out for them especially considering they did it well for magDk.

That's actually a great idea. I wish the Alkosh debuff would scale with weapon damage as well.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    X
    Davadin wrote: »
    not that ill ever need it personally, but i also dont understand the need to nerf it from 10 sec.

u want to give the morph a damage boost that can stack, great. it affects any kind of damage, awesome. and u even lower the stun-effect to 3, instead of 5, which refresh the timer everytime, cool.

so why nerf the duration by half? its only 135 damage for gods sake. let us make the best of it with other skill too....

They dont want tanks using it.

If they want stamDKs to utilize the stagger mechanic then it should scale with weapon damage/max stam rather than being a flat amount. That would allow them to give it a proper uptime without the fear of Dk tanks overshadowing stamDk. And a max cap on the extra damage to make sure its balanced easily.

Just like how they did with engulfing flames, Idk why its so hard to figure out for them especially considering they did it well for magDk.

That's actually a great idea. I wish the Alkosh debuff would scale with weapon damage as well.

Eh, great or not, I still wish we never got stonefist. I expected igneous weapons changes to be good at least but it was also just as disappointing.

Playing this class really hasn't been anything but disappointment for me. So I wouldn't be suprised one bit if stonefist made it to live as it is.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 6, 2019 7:35PM
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    how should look and work stamina Stonefist
    Stonefist.jpg
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stonefist.jpg

giphy-downsized.gif
  • Suryoyo
    Suryoyo
    ✭✭✭
    Suryoyo wrote: »
    Nothing makes sense from their standardisation/audit etc:
    • Fiery breath base cost 3510 and 5 meters range at base
      • tick damage reduced by 47%
    • Searing strike base cost 2970 and 10 meters at base
      • tick damage reduced by 60%

Range DOT accessible to everyone:
    • Entropy base cost 2700 and 28 meters range
      • tick damage reduced by 50%
    • Soul trap base cost 2700 28 meters range
      • tick damage reduced by 50%

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam
    DK's DOTs, despite being melee DOTs receive the same treatment than those range dots accessible to all, if not worse.
    Is this because of the direct damage part of DK's DOT ? seriously ?
    Why a cost increase ? Why ZOS is nerfing DK's melee DOTs as much as range DOTs if not worse ?

I'm always wondered when hear these "standarts".
    Standart should count also another things, like is it Melee or Range one, secondary effects, what toolkit have current class with it in general and another things.

I'm absolutly sure, melee one should be always stronger than range one because of the real combat limits it means.
    Also, should be couinted secondary effects.

if this is aoe, which apply single target dots on everyone (it's now Carve, Breath), it should:
    1. deal less damage than single target one
    2. have higher cost
    3. bigger area - less damage
    4. melee one stronger than range one

if to say about aoe, which ticks every minute and deal damage only while targets are inside - it should be:
    1. higher damage than maybe even single target dots, because target can leave it easily
    2. high cost to prevent spam of them everywhere by everyone (like frost aoe spamming wardens, which are last few years most hatefull creatures in PvP)
    3. the bigger is area - the smaller damage per tick
    4. with counting secondary effects as a things to regulate class balance and damage between different area of effect dots in general. here: buffs, debuffs, synergies, healing etc

@ZOS_BrianWheeler Read this thread please, it's topic is actual question from the first day when u used sentence "our aoe/dots etc standart"...

I honestly don't understand how they standardize these dots. Our skill costs are INSANE. And to apply these dots we'll have to gap close, so we'll be losing either magicka or stamina or even ultis and once the gap is closed it's not guaranteed that the dots will hit or apply the status to get back ressources. Honestly, it will just be better to play a tank pvp wise or just a heavy attack build...?
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stonefist.jpg

giphy-downsized.gif

i was thinking about Popeye the Sailor when illustrated this, yea:)
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stonefist.jpg

giphy-downsized.gif

Yep, and Popeye was my first thought when I saw your picture :D
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grandesdar wrote: »
    charge-2.gif

Thnx to the person thst first posted this animation when the farse with poop fist started.
    Good example of nice designed animation. This one showed at .gif is nice for stamblade identity.

Yes, please make this skill for DKs, I'll use it no matter the cost or the damage! Boy, it's so cool to look at.

it doesn't fit dk's style. It's nightblade like thing

Remove the 'teleport' slap some Wings and who are we kidding.
    Zos wont put the effort.
    Poop fist it is for another 3 years.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For us dks against stone fist we do have an alternative spammable will take some practice but HA is a candidate for stam spammable molten armaments grants major brutality major sorcery and HA deal 50% additional damage as well as procing earthen heart passives for 990 stam and minor brutality.
    Edited by BattleAxe on October 7, 2019 4:35AM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stonefist.jpg

giphy-downsized.gif

Haha I would love it if this also had chance to turn your enemy into a butcher's shop :'D

You know how randomly sometimes someone will burst into flames and become a pile of ash.

There's your stamina morph :D
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Hotdog_23 The way the word the patch made it seem like the passive brought them up standard. I tested it though, and it wasn't the case. Not your fault, it is ZoS's wording that's confusing.

@Suryoyo The damage standard is based on total dps of the skill, including any initial damage. For example, a dot dealing straight 1000 damage per tick and a dot dealing 2000 initial damage and 800 per tick for 10s each would both deal 1000 dps. Since searing strike and fiery breath have initial damage, their dot portion was reduced further.

I agree that there should be other factors considered, such as range, ease of application, and buffs.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Hotdog_23 The way the word the patch made it seem like the passive brought them up standard. I tested it though, and it wasn't the case. Not your fault, it is ZoS's wording that's confusing.

@Suryoyo The damage standard is based on total dps of the skill, including any initial damage. For example, a dot dealing straight 1000 damage per tick and a dot dealing 2000 initial damage and 800 per tick for 10s each would both deal 1000 dps. Since searing strike and fiery breath have initial damage, their dot portion was reduced further.

I agree that there should be other factors considered, such as range, ease of application, and buffs.

They haven't applied the anti nerf they did on week 1 have they?
    If you're not sure what i mean check the opening part of 5.2.2
    They said it would be done on a later patch cycle, i think we hoped it was this week.
    It isn't updated yet it is still offline, I would love to hear your feedback when it is though...

I haven't downloaded the PTS because of the file size, so am eager to hear other peoples experience.
  • Suryoyo
    Suryoyo
    ✭✭✭

Thank you. I sincerely hope their standards will be revised, especially the cost part if it's taken into account when they're adjusting these DoTs. Because right now I don't see any use for this DoTs, with shields, dodge roll, the need to gap close first and healing unchanged, DK's will underperform like we've never seen imo.
    Edited by Suryoyo on October 7, 2019 3:39PM
  • Alliedrex
    Alliedrex
    ✭✭✭
    Ash cloud should be reclassified as a utility ability. It shares a common thread with winters embrace, even more so given that it applies a 70% snare and does less damage over a longer period of time than winters embrace (although more damage per second than a damage only ability like lightning splash but that's neither here nor there.) I therefore suggest a cost reduction to 3240 down from 5670.
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    So DOTs buffed back. How much is the overall DOT nerf all in all?

Anyways, Onslaught nerfed as well so:

Corrosive Armor

This ulti was nerfed to affect only Direct Damage and the DOT itself, when it used to affect all of DKs DOTs. Will this be reverted?

Searing Strike and Fiery Breath cost

These abilities' cost were increased almost 50%. But the overall DOT damage has been reduced, so is the cost increase warranted? If the cost was increased, then the DOT damage with buffs and the new passive buff should be higher than before. Otherwise it is a nerf which was totally uncalled for.

Obsidian Shield and Spiked Armor for sDK

These 2 skills are slotted for sDK just for 1 buff. Obsidian Shield for Mending, Spiked Armor for resistances. For magDKs they get either a damage shield or another DOT, and with Shield they get another damage shield. How about either skill's another morph, ie. Spiked Armor, would give sDK something as well? Or you could put ie. Major/Minor Expedition on activation so magDK's could use it as well. Damage shields are pretty much useless for sDKs.

When I slot skills for ie. Stamden, all of the skills serve a multipurpose. Frost Cloak -> resistances AND minor protect, Birds of Prey -> Berserk AND movement speed.

World in Ruin passive

"Increases the damage of Flame and Poison area of effect abilities by 6%"

This is quite useless passive, isn't it? You could just change it to:

Increases the damage of Flame and Poison abilities by 2% for each slotted Ardent Flame ability - so we can actually benefit from slotting our damage skill tree skills.

Has anyone tested the new Stone Fist, is it viable this patch?
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we get a buff to wings now that sorc can have up to 100% uptime (up to 60% if you dont want any Fatigue) on 100% projectile immunity (with snare removal and teleport attached)?
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can everyone please copy and paste:

-Sustain still isn't fixed(please increase combustion or lower costs)
    -DOTs are not 33% less than live(because you increased a nerfed value)

We need them to hear this before PTS goes live 21st October.

They heard us before and with every Dks help they could hear us again 👍
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried hitting multiple targets with fiery breath to see if the combustion return works on multiple targets? Either people are thinking it's broken and hush hush about it or no one's tried.
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried hitting multiple targets with fiery breath to see if the combustion return works on multiple targets? Either people are thinking it's broken and hush hush about it or no one's tried.

I thought searing strike got that effect, not the breath.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »

I thought searing strike got that effect, not the breath.

Still can apply it, like wall of elements. Maybe charged?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Surely it would just reset everytime you hit an enemy with embers.
    It is only restoring resources upon application not on every tick. So it wouldn't make any difference applying it to multiple targets or reapplying it to one.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/wKLgAq32pbM

Please watch and continue to make noise in all DK feeds about these changes.

This goes live on the 21st of October.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Searing Heat "buff" was a massive bait and switch. It was billed as an increase from 10% extra damage to 33% extra damage, but it came with a stealth nerf to only apply to the DoT portion of the damage instead of the whole ability. The stealth nerf was then assumed to be a bug, until the next patch when ZOS "updated the tooltip", as though it was always only intended to apply to the DoT portion of the damage. Ultimately, this change made the "buff" much smaller than it originally appeared, including to the point where it could potentially be a nerf for people who re-apply their DoTs more often than necessary.

Also, the cost increases to DoTs seem excessive. I assume they're supposed to be tied to the increased duration, but the costs went up more than the durations did. This problem is compounded by the fact that delayed damage (particularly non-burst delayed damage) should really cost less than immediate damage (similar to how longer term investments have higher yields), and the fact that higher cost abilities benefit less from cost reduction enchantments.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on October 10, 2019 11:45AM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would really like to see a change to Molten weapons, you already receive minor brutality passively for casting it. I would like one morph to be a self cast that also grants minor sorcery.

Just to reiterate this would not give either buff to the group or maybe it could change the passive dependent on the morph.
    I just feel this is a PVE skill and isn't really viable in PvP unless in group play.

Everyone now says degeneration will be trash(which I don't really get because it is still stronger than any DK dot) Regardless I would rather have an overall buff to our damage. Considering we are losing 10% on all ardent flame skills apart from the dot element of searing strike and flames(a ninja of a nerf).

This also promotes build diversity as you can go for another 20k dot over 12 seconds or 10% buff to overall damage and heals.

I would love to hear your thoughts?
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really like to see a change to Molten weapons, you already receive minor brutality passively for casting it. I would like one morph to be a self cast that also grants minor sorcery.

Just to reiterate this would not give either buff to the group or maybe it could change the passive dependent on the morph.
    I just feel this is a PVE skill and isn't really viable in PvP unless in group play.

Everyone now says degeneration will be trash(which I don't really get because it is still stronger than any DK dot) Regardless I would rather have an overall buff to our damage. Considering we are losing 10% on all ardent flame skills apart from the dot element of searing strike and flames(a ninja of a nerf).

This also promotes build diversity as you can go for another 20k dot over 12 seconds or 10% buff to overall damage and heals.

While I’m definitely in favor of molten/igneous buffs, I don’t think minor sorcery is the way to go considering that’s currently a unique offering from templars. Igneous could do something like grant your allies minor berserk as a damage-oriented counter to ice fortress. Armaments could do something like gain a stack of empower every time you damage an enemy with an earthen heart ability, encouraging dks to run eruption and stone giant despite the current states of these abilities.

(Empower could probably buff heavy attacks too with that change so that builds that relied on the increased heavy attack damage from armaments can still work relatively the same)
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

jypcy wrote: »

While I’m definitely in favor of molten/igneous buffs, I don’t think minor sorcery is the way to go considering that’s currently a unique offering from templars. Igneous could do something like grant your allies minor berserk as a damage-oriented counter to ice fortress. Armaments could do something like gain a stack of empower every time you damage an enemy with an earthen heart ability, encouraging dks to run eruption and stone giant despite the current states of these abilities.

(Empower could probably buff heavy attacks too with that change so that builds that relied on the increased heavy attack damage from armaments can still work relatively the same)

I like it, but enough with stacking 😂

I think there should be a 10% increase to spell damage somewhere as there is already a 10% increase to weapon damage, just for casting molten... Doesn't even have to sit in this skill tree I just felt molten was lacking for PvP players.

HA doesn't really play well in PvP so I think a morph that buffs grants major sorcery and a further 10% would be very tempting. Again a self cast not viable in Pve and would not step on a templars toes...

Magdk has lost 25% in dot damage and 10% from all other damage abilities... I think this would make us competitive with other classes.

In its current state I don't think magdk will be viable.
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭

I think I'll probably go with another class and just wait this out, building for this patch is depressing me.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SipofMaim wrote: »

I think I'll probably go with another class and just wait this out, building for this patch is depressing me.

Yeah I have a hybrid sorcerer leveling at the moment😜

Magdk is still my favourite class that I have played though...
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So if I understand the latest patch notes 5.2.4

you have finalised things by further buffing the stam DK and doing nothing for magDK?

Stam DK's already have far cheaper skill costs and have access to burst skills via the weapon skill lines.

MagDK has taken 25% loss to overall damage of DOTS and nerfed the entire (other than DOT and standard)ardent flame line by 10%.

You've increased the damage of venomous claw and ignored burning embers?

Our sustain is already in the bin... and we are supposed to compensate this by losing even more damage...

woot!
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I understand the latest patch notes 5.2.4

you have finalised things by further buffing the stam DK and doing nothing for magDK?

Stam DK's already have far cheaper skill costs and have access to burst skills via the weapon skill lines.

MagDK has taken 25% loss to overall damage of DOTS and nerfed the entire (other than DOT and standard)ardent flame line by 10%.

You've increased the damage of venomous claw and ignored burning embers?

Our sustain is already in the bin... and we are supposed to compensate this by losing even more damage...

woot!

I’ll admit I was glad to see more damage for stam dk but I do agree mag dks are kinda left high and dry here a possible idea would be make the heal on burning embers base and add something new to burning embers per haps every tick of the dot applies burning thus benefiting from combustion more than stam dk