The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Nightblade Still Over Performing

• universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »
    Hardly a threat anymore. Really just the cloak but thatll never change

don't count too mcu on that,bud.
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Threads like this are one of the reasons why everything got nerfed and why everything lost it's identity (nerfing class skills/passives = nerfing class identity). Too bad that the class which the OP is playing got trashed too : )
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cHIIMEERa wrote: »
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    You would either have to be completely delusional or have never played the NB class at all to say the class is over performing. It takes exceptional awareness and timing to pull off quick kills with the nightblade class and the only people complaining about the class are usually the ones who need to learn to play. This update NBs lost defile, berserk, fracture and I can promise you that you it takes a lot of skill to play the class and fight skilled players. Sick of people on here crying for nerfs for classes they haven’t got a clue about.

Nb class currently does not overperform and it's more balanced than before. This post was made before the elswyre patch. Most complains came from claok stam blades, brawler and mag blades were not an issue. Although changes has been made, claok(most complained skill about) has not been touched a bit.

As for elswyre patch, NB might have lost defile and berserk, but they do still have fracture. Also, people never used relentless for the minor berserk, everyone used it for the bow proc. Only people who use it for the berserk are the gankers, well, the can use camuflage hunter from fighters guild, gives same buff. In other all, stam blade in general is less toxic now.

Nope, we’re not equipping mark. We lost major fracture aswell. And we had relentless focus equipped for the minor endurance and minor berserk. The bow proc was a bonus.

And suggesting that we should take a crouch break mid fight to get minor berserk for a couple of seconds from camoflaged hunter, yeah well try it out and get back to me on how that went.

I mean, im fine with where stamblade is right now. Survival of the fittest and all that, i just dont agree with your reasoning.

So you actually saying that you don't want to use class specific ability for debuff? Well, it's on you. Most NBs , mag/stam who cloak only fight for like 5 secs in and out, same duration of minor berserk from camuflaged hunter. Problem with NB now is they want to go full on dmg bcauese the can claok, maybe of zos miss up claok, you would start to think about defense a bit with stuff like new relentless and using mark for actually for actually focusing on "high value target" and kill them, but no, no nightblade want to think how to survive without claok or kill without berserk or major fracture.

If you miss thses features so much, I already given you skills that gives you same buffs, if not satisfied, you can use slime crew and night mother gaze. Stam templars and sorcs having doing it for uears now, becease they don't actually have skills to use like NB, still, they adopted. NBs were taking things for granted and now they feel like they are the worst class ever, even though they still top tier
    1st in pvp and 2nd in pve. If necro was not release NB would have still be top in both.

You’re confusing NBs playing from cloak as the preferred method to required method. NBs don’t work well outside cloak builds right now, when tankiness was up there were a lot of NBs who used dark cloak; they’ve all either dropped the class, switched to Shadowy Disguise or left the game.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 30, 2019 6:57PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why nightblade class in general has not recieved a proper nerft. I play for pvp and pve, and I can say that this class does not compare to other classes in any way ahape or form, no matter what race you choose to play with. In PVP, I killed numerous people just by crit incap ulti, and manage to kill lots of 50k+ hp player in 4-5hits, with great sustain and surviavbility. Almost never run out of magicka/ stamina for both pvp & pve, and when about to die, just cloak ouy my way in pvp. Alway has problems sustaining on both my dragonknight and sorcerer. Currently when I play BG, 50% of the players are NB, 50% other classes. It's simply not right to equip a class with high dmg abilities/buffs/debuff/crowd control, for such a low cost. Suprise attack is spamble and high dmg and still gives major fracture. Veild blade make you moove 25% faster in cloak to run away, cheap minor beserk with high dmg bonus and either snare or minor endurance. Stun from fear and minor maim, also minor mai from ghosts, cheap major facture and breach for ganking from mark cheap ulti for stun/ulti regen/major defiler. Or a bit costy ulti for massive heal and major vitality/ high dmg and stun. Also, there is the unreasonable 10% crit dmg, like it was not doing high dmg already. This class should be reworked for nerfs big time. If I missed something and made a mistake, please let me know

Must if not all stamblade I encounter in pvp are running and hiding in 1v1. Once they realize that they can't one -shot a player they run lol. Cyradiil has become hide and seek game.
    Options
  • Taktak
    Taktak
    ✭✭✭
    Threads like this are one of the reasons why everything got nerfed and why everything lost it's identity (nerfing class skills/passives = nerfing class identity). Too bad that the class which the OP is playing got trashed too : )

Everything has been written in this Thread was Reasonable things about how is NB class was Overperforming.

you can check this Thread too:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/469270
    Options
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who the [snip] is gravedigging threads... Im sure these issues were a problem 8 months ago when this was posted...

[Edited for Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 9, 2019 5:47PM
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure why nightblade class in general has not recieved a proper nerft. I play for pvp and pve, and I can say that this class does not compare to other classes in any way ahape or form, no matter what race you choose to play with. In PVP, I killed numerous people just by crit incap ulti, and manage to kill lots of 50k+ hp player in 4-5hits, with great sustain and surviavbility. Almost never run out of magicka/ stamina for both pvp & pve, and when about to die, just cloak ouy my way in pvp. Alway has problems sustaining on both my dragonknight and sorcerer. Currently when I play BG, 50% of the players are NB, 50% other classes. It's simply not right to equip a class with high dmg abilities/buffs/debuff/crowd control, for such a low cost. Suprise attack is spamble and high dmg and still gives major fracture. Veild blade make you moove 25% faster in cloak to run away, cheap minor beserk with high dmg bonus and either snare or minor endurance. Stun from fear and minor maim, also minor mai from ghosts, cheap major facture and breach for ganking from mark cheap ulti for stun/ulti regen/major defiler. Or a bit costy ulti for massive heal and major vitality/ high dmg and stun. Also, there is the unreasonable 10% crit dmg, like it was not doing high dmg already. This class should be reworked for nerfs big time. If I missed something and made a mistake, please let me know

So... Nerf sorcs?
    Options
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade op?
    Seriously?
    Ever heard of magplar?
    Seriously nb is in a really bad spot rn. Cast time on incap, no maj defile
    Relentless travels too slow...
    Nb is nowhere near what it use to be.
    The top 3 classes in pvp are:
    Magplar
    Stamplar
    Mgasorc

No nightblade.
    For pve...
    Stam Necro. Enough said.
    Also just saying...
    Nb is the HIGH DAMAGE CLASS
    So it’s reasonable to think that it would be better than say, a dk or Templar dps.
    Stop crying
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    You would either have to be completely delusional or have never played the NB class at all to say the class is over performing. It takes exceptional awareness and timing to pull off quick kills with the nightblade class and the only people complaining about the class are usually the ones who need to learn to play. This update NBs lost defile, berserk, fracture and I can promise you that you it takes a lot of skill to play the class and fight skilled players. Sick of people on here crying for nerfs for classes they haven’t got a clue about.

Nb class currently does not overperform and it's more balanced than before. This post was made before the elswyre patch. Most complains came from claok stam blades, brawler and mag blades were not an issue. Although changes has been made, claok(most complained skill about) has not been touched a bit.

As for elswyre patch, NB might have lost defile and berserk, but they do still have fracture. Also, people never used relentless for the minor berserk, everyone used it for the bow proc. Only people who use it for the berserk are the gankers, well, the can use camuflage hunter from fighters guild, gives same buff. In other all, stam blade in general is less toxic now.

Nope, we’re not equipping mark. We lost major fracture aswell. And we had relentless focus equipped for the minor endurance and minor berserk. The bow proc was a bonus.

And suggesting that we should take a crouch break mid fight to get minor berserk for a couple of seconds from camoflaged hunter, yeah well try it out and get back to me on how that went.

I mean, im fine with where stamblade is right now. Survival of the fittest and all that, i just dont agree with your reasoning.

So you actually saying that you don't want to use class specific ability for debuff? Well, it's on you. Most NBs , mag/stam who cloak only fight for like 5 secs in and out, same duration of minor berserk from camuflaged hunter. Problem with NB now is they want to go full on dmg bcauese the can claok, maybe of zos miss up claok, you would start to think about defense a bit with stuff like new relentless and using mark for actually for actually focusing on "high value target" and kill them, but no, no nightblade want to think how to survive without claok or kill without berserk or major fracture.

If you miss thses features so much, I already given you skills that gives you same buffs, if not satisfied, you can use slime crew and night mother gaze. Stam templars and sorcs having doing it for uears now, becease they don't actually have skills to use like NB, still, they adopted. NBs were taking things for granted and now they feel like they are the worst class ever, even though they still top tier
    1st in pvp and 2nd in pve. If necro was not release NB would have still be top in both.

You’re confusing NBs playing from cloak as the preferred method to required method. NBs don’t work well outside cloak builds right now, when tankiness was up there were a lot of NBs who used dark cloak; they’ve all either dropped the class, switched to Shadowy Disguise or left the game.

This thread was thread and most comments were pre wrathstone when nightblade was at its prime. I do believe that this thread contributee to some of nightblade changes afterwards in wrathstone. That being said, most of the information in this thread are irrelevent in scalebreaker and maybe this upcoming patch.
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »

So... Nerf sorcs?

Both sorcerer and nightblades were nerfed in wrathstone, and this thread was originaly ment for nightblade changes in wrathstone. Changes now are irrelevent. Incap, surprise attack, ambush and grim focus changes/nerfs ring a bell?

Now this thread should not be used after wrathstone but someone brought it to life.
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

This thread was thread and most comments were pre wrathstone when nightblade was at its prime. I do believe that this thread contributee to some of nightblade changes afterwards in wrathstone. That being said, most of the information in this thread are irrelevent in scalebreaker and maybe this upcoming patch.

Trading dmg for survivability and that worked well until scalebreaker came and missed things up, even mag sorc shiepds could not handle the dots while I still main stamsorc.
    Options
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sproattt wrote: »
    delete the class entirely.

I second this suggestion.
    Options
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. It's a necro thread but I find it interesting to see which players campaigned for all the nerfs.

The more you know.
    Options
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im getting tired with this guy
    Options
  • Super_Bubus
    Super_Bubus
    ✭✭✭
    Can we just have separate PVP and PVE environments? Finally? That way PVP whiners stop *** up classes for PVE players, especially those playing magblade right now.. I mean ripping Grim Focus/Merciless Resolve off of its identity was enough a nerf, but no we have to give it to stamsorcs so they can have their own identity.. Why not walk on our heads since we're at it. Oh wait, almost there, I foresee another 33% damage nerf on Twisting Path for live. Amazing.
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So... Nerf sorcs?

Both sorcerer and nightblades were nerfed in wrathstone, and this thread was originaly ment for nightblade changes in wrathstone. Changes now are irrelevent. Incap, surprise attack, ambush and grim focus changes/nerfs ring a bell?

Now this thread should not be used after wrathstone but someone brought it to life.

So... Nerf necros?
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So... Nerf sorcs?

So... Nerf necros?

Who is asking for necromancer nerfs? Only op thing about necro was major vunarability ult in orgnized pve and groups and major defile sekeleton in pvp.

I'm not sure why people want me to make necromancer nerfs thread which I don't mind at all, I don't play the class much anyway.
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Im getting tired with this guy

Me too
    Options
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we just have separate PVP and PVE environments? Finally? That way PVP whiners stop *** up classes for PVE players, especially those playing magblade right now.. I mean ripping Grim Focus/Merciless Resolve off of its identity was enough a nerf, but no we have to give it to stamsorcs so they can have their own identity.. Why not walk on our heads since we're at it. Oh wait, almost there, I foresee another 33% damage nerf on Twisting Path for live. Amazing.

Maybe try to know what you are talking about? Most magblade nerfs comes from PvE side of things.
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »

Maybe try to know what you are talking about? Most magblade nerfs comes from PvE side of things.

He does have a point though, the one a oit separeting pve and pvp. Some skills separate between pvp and pve, and I have talked about it many times but nobody seemed to care. Negate stuns NPCs but sliance players. Previous ambush, stuns npcs, but snares players...etc. if more skills get same treatment as these skills, I think we will achieve some sort of balance that us favoriable by eveyone. But noooo, nerf everything. Swing that sledge hammer, baby, swing it.
    Options
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's only stamblades and I won't use OP for them anymore ..
    and there is only one kind of stamblade that I consider unbalanced..
    dodgeblades: they light attack poison injection you until they have enough ult then hide to combo from invis and if they fail to kill you they just spam dodge and spam cloak and shadow images to run like a vussy ,same story over and over.. and you can't even hit them .. it's not pvp bro, it's hide and seek.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB OP... A "Nerf NB post" in 2019...

It is like if you were one of those crazy Japanese soldiers, hiding in the woods and claiming that WWII is still going on... :D
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB OP... A "Nerf NB post" in 2019...

It is like if you were one of those crazy Japanese soldiers, hiding in the woods and claiming that WWII is still going on... :D

Thread in faburary when stamina nightblade was at it's prime.
    Options
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    You guys do know this is an old thread right? They’ve already made Nightblades as less of a threat than they used to be.
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol now days most stamblades are 1) not playing the game anymore or 2) crafters
    So gtfooh saying stamblades are too OP maybe for an 2 year old
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 1, 2019 8:59AM
    Options
  • Weisstag
    Weisstag
    ✭✭✭
    look where this got us.... and I don't even play nb
    Iam an EU player...so Iam pretty used to suffering
    Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys do know this is an old thread right? They’ve already made Nightblades as less of a threat than they used to be.

Thank you
    44fkukm7kn1m.gif
    Options
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weisstag wrote: »
    look where this got us.... and I don't even play nb

Exactly.

Want to see incredible? Go to the first page of this thread. The same day this was posted, high end parse scores of that time are linked. Nightblade was only 1k higher than the next 2 classes. In single target!

(Create aoe parse scores and NB's wouldn't have been even close to those classes.)

On live right now nightblades are more than 1k behind these Aoe classes in single target. Posts like these are why the game is in Its broken state.
    Edited by Royalthought on October 1, 2019 2:55PM
    Options
  • Super_Bubus
    Super_Bubus
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly @Royalthought . Nightblade rotation was the hardest for years and arguably still is if you want top dps. Now as a magplar you can outdps a magblade just doing sustained damage and during execute as magblade you're barely holding yourself in the middle board, as single target... Now personally i don't want their "mini game" as they called it (Grim Focus) to reward me with freaking mitigation. It's a damage ability it had to stay that way and it's what defined the class.
    As for the rotation, the dps needs to be scaling along the difficulty, right now it's just annoying to be a magplar, doing no brain dps and be on top the whole fight...
    That's what I mean with separate environments and I'm sorry if some pvper's felt offended but Zos mainly balances classes according to pvp feedbacks simply because more players do pvp than real endgame pve.
    Except when they decide to nerf pve because top scoring guilds use what works best. Which is single target burst, stamblade for a long time, stamcro since it's out. Probably going back to stamblade after Dragonhold.
    Options
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly @Royalthought . Nightblade rotation was the hardest for years and arguably still is if you want top dps. Now as a magplar you can outdps a magblade just doing sustained damage and during execute as magblade you're barely holding yourself in the middle board, as single target... Now personally i don't want their "mini game" as they called it (Grim Focus) to reward me with freaking mitigation. It's a damage ability it had to stay that way and it's what defined the class.
    As for the rotation, the dps needs to be scaling along the difficulty, right now it's just annoying to be a magplar, doing no brain dps and be on top the whole fight...
    That's what I mean with separate environments and I'm sorry if some pvper's felt offended but Zos mainly balances classes according to pvp feedbacks simply because more players do pvp than real endgame pve.
    Except when they decide to nerf pve because top scoring guilds use what works best. Which is single target burst, stamblade for a long time, stamcro since it's out. Probably going back to stamblade after Dragonhold.

Go stamsorc, it feels more NB then actual NB lol
    Options