The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblade Still Over Performing

• Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade is the worst stam class in PvE
    Kek
    Magblade is the second worst mag class in PvE
    Kek

And just because you kill bad people doesn't mean anything, fight me and I doubt you'll win without dark cloak, the healing morph. It's only OP against bad people because cloak is lol so easy to counter..

Stop with your limited understanding and getting a hard on for nerfs; that's the damn problem, people always crying so hard for nerfs and then the game becomes boring and one sided.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very easy and baised to defend your class and pretend it's ok to kill 25k hp and 25k resistance plus people with quick 3-4 hits.

That is all I have to say. I already rwritten my reasoning on this thread 6 months ago and i would not bother answering people who don't read.

Kek
    Kek

And just because you kill bad people doesn't mean anything, fight me and I doubt you'll win without dark cloak, the healing morph. It's only OP against bad people because cloak is lol so easy to counter..

Stop with your limited understanding and getting a hard on for nerfs; that's the damn problem, people always crying so hard for nerfs and then the game becomes boring and one sided.

calling a class weak, or strong with out proof of numbers or videos is invalid arguement.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very easy and baised to defend your class and pretend it's ok to kill 25k hp and 25k resistance plus people with quick 3-4 hits.

That is all I have to say. I already rwritten my reasoning on this thread 6 months ago and i would not bother answering people who don't read.

Kek
    Kek

calling a class weak, or strong with out proof of numbers or videos is invalid arguement.

Go look up likos parses I'm not going to do the work for you, if you make an argument for something to be nerfed you should see both sides before whining.

Secondly, I don't stream but 3-4 hits for 25k 25k is silly to think that's good, I can kill someone with heavy attack leap and whip with that but am I needing a nerf? No, it's a combo, engage some counterplay instead of crying, because to me you're just showing me incompetence, without looking at all sides.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly @Royalthought . Nightblade rotation was the hardest for years and arguably still is if you want top dps. Now as a magplar you can outdps a magblade just doing sustained damage and during execute as magblade you're barely holding yourself in the middle board, as single target... Now personally i don't want their "mini game" as they called it (Grim Focus) to reward me with freaking mitigation. It's a damage ability it had to stay that way and it's what defined the class.
    As for the rotation, the dps needs to be scaling along the difficulty, right now it's just annoying to be a magplar, doing no brain dps and be on top the whole fight...
    That's what I mean with separate environments and I'm sorry if some pvper's felt offended but Zos mainly balances classes according to pvp feedbacks simply because more players do pvp than real endgame pve.
    Except when they decide to nerf pve because top scoring guilds use what works best. Which is single target burst, stamblade for a long time, stamcro since it's out. Probably going back to stamblade after Dragonhold.

It's not commonly understood but nightblade isn't best at single target burst either. Niether pvp nor pve.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kek
    Kek

Go look up likos parses I'm not going to do the work for you, if you make an argument for something to be nerfed you should see both sides before whining.

Secondly, I don't stream but 3-4 hits for 25k 25k is silly to think that's good, I can kill someone with heavy attack leap and whip with that but am I needing a nerf? No, it's a combo, engage some counterplay instead of crying, because to me you're just showing me incompetence, without looking at all sides.

I used to main stamina nightblade before wrathstone for a while, and 90% of my kills, I did not have to sweat my hands to kill someone. I also play stam dk, stam sorc mag sorc, templar healer, warden healer in pvp. I have more than 1 side I'm looking at and I clearly saw that nightblade in pre wrathstone was overperforming along with mag sorc. Pre wrathstone, only nightblades, stamina nightblades were able to kill my templar healer due to high up time on fracture, major defile and stuns. All other classes had to bang up on my to kill me, but stamblade can solo kill me even with 30k physical and 33k spell resistance 24k health, and major protection.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kek
    Kek

I used to main stamina nightblade before wrathstone for a while, and 90% of my kills, I did not have to sweat my hands to kill someone. I also play stam dk, stam sorc mag sorc, templar healer, warden healer in pvp. I have more than 1 side I'm looking at and I clearly saw that nightblade in pre wrathstone was overperforming along with mag sorc. Pre wrathstone, only nightblades, stamina nightblades were able to kill my templar healer due to high up time on fracture, major defile and stuns. All other classes had to bang up on my to kill me, but stamblade can solo kill me even with 30k physical and 33k spell resistance 24k health, and major protection.

Sounds like a L2P thing man in understanding how to counterplay a stamblade, and you keep saying wrathstone, wrathstone, go test on Live or PTS if that's your argument, you have to slot an extra skill for fracture now, surprise attack no longer has it, major defile is gone and stun too on incap, fear is shadowed by other skills and doesn't apply debuffs anymore.

Also, I killed plenty of templar healers on my stamDK, so I'm going to have to disagree with you there, don't use your own skill level as a baseline.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Dominion_Nightblade
    I dont see any problems with stamblade. As long as I am playing good, my stamblade does really good. I have a lot of fun playing it. Granted it was stronger when this thread started, it is still strong as long as you are not a potato.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kek
    Kek

I want to make sure I understand you.
    In this post, you're saying stamblade was OP because it was able to kill you solo?

I ask because when looking at the parses, pre wrathstone, nb was only 1k above the next class. And that's what you consider overperforming?

Being that close means it was more about the player than class.

Its more than 1k below a few classes now.
    Edited by Royalthought on October 1, 2019 6:01PM
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kek
    Kek

Sounds like maybe you are just bad with all the other classes. It's ok bro ive been a stamblade main for three years there is no shame in that.
    Edited by Kalante on October 1, 2019 6:06PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they delete the class it will still be over performing for some people. I haven’t used my Nightblade for anything other than fishing in over a year.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ebix_ wrote: »
    it's only stamblades and I won't use OP for them anymore ..
    and there is only one kind of stamblade that I consider unbalanced..
    dodgeblades: they light attack poison injection you until they have enough ult then hide to combo from invis and if they fail to kill you they just spam dodge and spam cloak and shadow images to run like a vussy ,same story over and over.. and you can't even hit them .. it's not pvp bro, it's hide and seek.

LOL... NB are not OP but you are right about one thing, they are vussy. They play Hide and Seek not ESO...
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    a lot has happened with stamblades since wrathstone, and none of it has made them stronger
    stam scrub
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kek
    Kek

Sounds like a L2P thing man in understanding how to counterplay a stamblade, and you keep saying wrathstone, wrathstone, go test on Live or PTS if that's your argument, you have to slot an extra skill for fracture now, surprise attack no longer has it, major defile is gone and stun too on incap, fear is shadowed by other skills and doesn't apply debuffs anymore.

Also, I killed plenty of templar healers on my stamDK, so I'm going to have to disagree with you there, don't use your own skill level as a baseline.

Did you check the date of the thread? I keep bringing wrathstone becayse the thread was made for wratystone pts. Most of the information in this thread are in correct now as many skills, and maybe passives changed.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    czar wrote: »
    a lot has happened with stamblades since wrathstone, and none of it has made them stronger

Did you check the date of the thread? I keep bringing wrathstone becayse the thread was made for wratystone pts. Most of the information in this thread are in correct now as many skills, and maybe passives changed
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Weisstag wrote: »
    look where this got us.... and I don't even play nb

Exactly.

Want to see incredible? Go to the first page of this thread. The same day this was posted, high end parse scores of that time are linked. Nightblade was only 1k higher than the next 2 classes. In single target!

(Create aoe parse scores and NB's wouldn't have been even close to those classes.)

On live right now nightblades are more than 1k behind these Aoe classes in single target. Posts like these are why the game is in Its broken state.

One part people who don’t know what they’re talking about, second part the devs for listening.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »

Kek
    Kek

Sounds like maybe you are just bad with all the other classes. It's ok bro ive been a stamblade main for three years there is no shame in that.

Maybe, or maybe it is easier for me to land a proper combo if I was in stealth. People USED to say that mag sorc is easy to kill with, just set up your combo and what people die, no? I can say same thing to nightblade. Though both classes are not as potent as they used to anymore.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Exactly.

Want to see incredible? Go to the first page of this thread. The same day this was posted, high end parse scores of that time are linked. Nightblade was only 1k higher than the next 2 classes. In single target!

(Create aoe parse scores and NB's wouldn't have been even close to those classes.)

On live right now nightblades are more than 1k behind these Aoe classes in single target. Posts like these are why the game is in Its broken state.

One part people who don’t know what they’re talking about, second part the devs for listening.

Devs are not listening correcrly, shadow diguis is still doing its thing and they didn't bother adjusting it.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Exactly.

Devs are not listening correcrly, shadow diguis is still doing its thing and they didn't bother adjusting it.

If you’re having issues with Shadowy Disguise it’s a learn to play issue.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we just have separate PVP and PVE environments? Finally? That way PVP whiners stop *** up classes for PVE players, especially those playing magblade right now.. I mean ripping Grim Focus/Merciless Resolve off of its identity was enough a nerf, but no we have to give it to stamsorcs so they can have their own identity.. Why not walk on our heads since we're at it. Oh wait, almost there, I foresee another 33% damage nerf on Twisting Path for live. Amazing.

This
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.

Wing, shield, streak, putrify, dz, lingering pots,and other thing l2p, yet so many nightblade complained abount wings until they nerf it. Everything mentioned has counters so does shadowy disguise, does not mean it is not strong or overloaded. Shadowy disguise offer so mych as offensice, defensive, and mobility skill, all in 1 skill. What I'm asking it not to remove shadowy disguise, but tune it. Shadowy surpress all dmg but allow you to heal while in stealth, and give you major ward and resolve, generate you ultimate, give max hp, make you move a lot faster of yoyu are a vampire magicka, free stun to stamina classes, and garnteed critical strike. Now tell me this skill is not overloaded. As for counters, since scalebreaker, or next patch, aoe attacks are expensive to spam or maintain and weak. Anti stealth specific skills are only 4, nightblade maek abd it was nerfed to 3 secs inteads of 5. Mages guild skill that is has 2 morphs, 1 is actually good to catch stealth with good range, abd duration I think, other now is waste to use. Evil hunter of fighter guilds iboth morphs of skill are not woeth using as low range and time while expensive to use. Last skill is flare from support skill line, it has it's cost increase and now cost over 5k magicka on all my stam toon. Zos removed the dmg from one of the morphs and replaced it with stun making it useless as if you have cc immunity you don't get the stun ande even if you don't, the skill give you free cc immunity, other morph is ground aoe last for I think 5 secs. The skill used to be good, still, it only works on someone from stealth and does not other anything else, wasted skill slot just to find sneaky nightblade that mightnot use tge skill. Detect pots are most reliable option but 30 secs cooldowm to use and use trade things like cc, tri stat, speed pot for it.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Exactly.

Wing, shield, streak, putrify, dz, lingering pots,and other thing l2p, yet so many nightblade complained abount wings until they nerf it. Everything mentioned has counters so does shadowy disguise, does not mean it is not strong or overloaded. Shadowy disguise offer so mych as offensice, defensive, and mobility skill, all in 1 skill. What I'm asking it not to remove shadowy disguise, but tune it. Shadowy surpress all dmg but allow you to heal while in stealth, and give you major ward and resolve, generate you ultimate, give max hp, make you move a lot faster of yoyu are a vampire magicka, free stun to stamina classes, and garnteed critical strike. Now tell me this skill is not overloaded. As for counters, since scalebreaker, or next patch, aoe attacks are expensive to spam or maintain and weak. Anti stealth specific skills are only 4, nightblade maek abd it was nerfed to 3 secs inteads of 5. Mages guild skill that is has 2 morphs, 1 is actually good to catch stealth with good range, abd duration I think, other now is waste to use. Evil hunter of fighter guilds iboth morphs of skill are not woeth using as low range and time while expensive to use. Last skill is flare from support skill line, it has it's cost increase and now cost over 5k magicka on all my stam toon. Zos removed the dmg from one of the morphs and replaced it with stun making it useless as if you have cc immunity you don't get the stun ande even if you don't, the skill give you free cc immunity, other morph is ground aoe last for I think 5 secs. The skill used to be good, still, it only works on someone from stealth and does not other anything else, wasted skill slot just to find sneaky nightblade that mightnot use tge skill. Detect pots are most reliable option but 30 secs cooldowm to use and use trade things like cc, tri stat, speed pot for it.

I just don’t know how else to put it. A DK complaining about cloak being OP is ridiculous. If you believed half the things you’re saying you’d play a NB, but you aren’t, so you’re just being hypocritical and spouting a bunch of nonsense trying to look like you have a point.

If Cloak did half the stuff you said it did there’d be more NBs in pvp, but there aren’t outside solo players.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember nb had
    a fracture on surprise
    Stun and defile on incap for 50 points only
    Minor berserk
    Cheap shade (that was not working 70% of time, but still)
    Etc
    Pepperidge farm remembers
    Edited by labambao on October 2, 2019 4:00AM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.

I just don’t know how else to put it. A DK complaining about cloak being OP is ridiculous. If you believed half the things you’re saying you’d play a NB, but you aren’t, so you’re just being hypocritical and spouting a bunch of nonsense trying to look like you have a point.

If Cloak did half the stuff you said it did there’d be more NBs in pvp, but there aren’t outside solo players.

If you believe wings was op to nerf it, you would be playing dk instead of nightblade.

Only reason for people not playing nightblade is that they don't like it's play style not because it's "weak". Nothing I mentioned about claok is none sense, it does everything I said. If you don't beleive me, go on live and read it's discrption and passsives. Counter plays to shadowy disguise is drawback.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    labambao wrote: »
    Remember nb had
    a fracture on surprise
    Stun and defile on incap for 50 points only
    Minor berserk
    Cheap shade (that was not working 70% of time, but still)
    Etc
    Pepperidge farm remembers

I remmember. Check the first comment and the patch that came after it.
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Necro is good only because of its ult, rotation is clunky,skills are weird and sustain sucks, NB will never go back to the top Dps as they will never ever revert cast-time on Incap.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread should have died a long time ago
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.

I'm not a fan of the "L2P" meme, but each post the OP makes it seems fitting tbh.

Stating that nb was OP because it beat their templar 1v1 due to fracture, defile and stuns. On Templar. The best purge in the game.

It was rivaled by other classes when the OP was made. And now NB's are worse at their own specialty than other classes and the OP still want nerfs... Because of passives, vampire, etc. lol

Sometimes ZoS isn't the problem. Sometimes it's the player. Ever seen vampire listed as a reason something's "too strong" from a dk perspective?? :|
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Exactly.

If you believe wings was op to nerf it, you would be playing dk instead of nightblade.

Only reason for people not playing nightblade is that they don't like it's play style not because it's "weak". Nothing I mentioned about claok is none sense, it does everything I said. If you don't beleive me, go on live and read it's discrption and passsives. Counter plays to shadowy disguise is drawback.

Funny thing is I likely will, I’m trying to decide what healer class to run between DK, sorc and stamwarden. The only reason I’ve stuck with it so long is I like the aesthetic, but the playstyle doesn’t fit because I’m not the best light attack weaver and prefer dark cloak and a tanky playstyle.

I think you touched on the real issue, you think NBs were responsible for the wings nerf. Well I played a magblade at the time and most of the discussion revolved around how to get around reflections, I saw little to no calls for DK nerfs. Like myself I thought reflections were powerful but the best solution would be for wings to force NBs into melee requiring a melee NB buff so a magNB could win a fight in melee range.

Even if there were NBs in DK threads or something, your issue should be with those people and not a class where you’re giving poor biased feedback that a new player might actually believe.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 2, 2019 2:55PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.

Funny thing is I likely will, I’m trying to decide what healer class to run between DK, sorc and stamwarden. The only reason I’ve stuck with it so long is I like the aesthetic, but the playstyle doesn’t fit because I’m not the best light attack weaver and prefer dark cloak and a tanky playstyle.

I think you touched on the real issue, you think NBs were responsible for the wings nerf. Well I played a magblade at the time and most of the discussion revolved around how to get around reflections, I saw little to no calls for DK nerfs. Like myself I thought reflections were powerful but the best solution would be for wings to force NBs into melee requiring a melee NB buff so a magNB could win a fight in melee range.

Even if there were NBs in DK threads or something, your issue should be with those people and not a class where you’re giving poor biased feedback that a new player might actually believe.

You may think that I asked for nightblade nerf, but I was asking for adjustment. For instant, surprise attack was giving fracture for 18 secs, longest debuff second to mark and the was was spammable. Dk breath was for 10 secs and most dks don't spam it because of low direct dmg and good dot. Warden fracture for 5 secs and require a skill tha takes 3secs to fire. I asked for a cooldown or timer reduction for the debuff on surprise attack, mark was doing same funtion so maybe they do something. Incap was offering too much for 120 ulti, stun, major defile, 20% dmg done unnamed buff, basically death sentance to most classes without strong healing buffs, and it was undodgable. Fear was doing snare and maim on unblockable cc. I don't mind the snare personaly, but maim? I get punished for being cc by unblockable stun? And so on.

Edited by universal_wrath on October 2, 2019 7:34PM
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.

You may think that I asked for nightblade nerf, but I was asking for adjustment. For instant, surprise attack was giving fracture for 18 secs, longest debuff second to mark and the was was spammable. Dk breath was for 10 secs and most dks don't spam it because of low direct dmg and good dot. Warden fracture for 5 secs and require a skill tha takes 3secs to fire. I asked for a cooldown or timer reduction for the debuff on surprise attack, mark was doing same funtion so maybe they do something. Incap was offering too much for 120 ulti, stun, major defile, 20% dmg done unnamed buff, basically death sentance to most classes without strong healing buffs, and it was undodgable. Fear was doing snare and maim on unblockable cc. I don't mind the snare personaly, but maim? I get punished for being cc by unblockable stun? And so on.

SA fracture was ST, every other your example could hit multiple enemies.NB was OP but nerfs should stop after murkmire, instead they go full nerfhammer and completely destroyed class