The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 24 - Feedback Thread for Dragonknights

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Dragonknights. Please read through all the changes in the patch notes and try them out on the PTS before providing feedback in this thread. Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fail to see how you want to give dk a "class identity" when you nerfed core of the class = dots... You are making this class useless. Dk dots weren't overperforming in first place so the nerf doesn't make sense.

The class dots of dk should not be standartized like generic dots... You are breaking the "attrition class" with sustained damage. Please reconsider these changes.
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverPaws wrote: »
    I fail to see how you want to give dk a "class identity" when you nerfed core of the class = dots... You are making this class useless. Dk dots weren't overperforming in first place so the nerf doesn't make sense.

The class dots of dk should not be standartized like generic dots... You are breaking the "attrition class" with sustained damage. Please reconsider these changes.

Completely agree with this. Isn't this exactly what's supposed to set us apart? I fail to see the greater design vision in that, unless there will be more changes in the near future.

There can be no attrition if we cannot sustain it.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how a MDK will kill anyone now, and Stam DK gets hit again with no Dizzy stun? Seriously? Taking stun from dizzy will prove to be a bad decision in the future that leaves the skill useless. Arctic Blast anyone? Changed it to a very awkward skill now to change it back. Dizzy is a VERY awkward skill now.
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on September 16, 2019 10:36PM
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To restabilize class identity DK wings should get the reflective plates morph back. It was a stable skills for years.
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To restabilize class identity DK wings should get the reflective plates morph back. It was a stable skills for years.

THIS is something I'm still extremely salty about.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I truly miss the reflective plate morph 😥
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be nice if the dev Team could share what they want dk to be? Because as others said atrittion based class is Pretty much out for this patch. Dk has lost so many signature Features compared to launch and to see the dots become this weak while increasing the cost on a class that already is known for poor Sustain is very disappointing.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • DanStartheFirst
    DanStartheFirst
    ✭✭✭

It is a staple dk skill like an og skill of dks and they went and made it pretty much useless other than removing ccs. Will miss the ability that dks have run since launch and esp killing people with their own abilities. And yes dks are all dots nerf dots= nerf all outgoing damage.
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a staple dk skill like an og skill of dks and they went and made it pretty much useless other than removing ccs. Will miss the ability that dks have run since launch and esp killing people with their own abilities. And yes dks are all dots nerf dots= nerf all outgoing damage.

I swear it was nerfed because people didn't want to learn to counter the skill. Magblades, I guess, had a reason to hate the skill but had mag melee options to counter wings. Albeit those skills were pretty weak.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I <3 how it's no longer dk tanks that provide the buff and instead for magdks
  • DanStartheFirst
    DanStartheFirst
    ✭✭✭

I swear it was nerfed because people didn't want to learn to counter the skill. Magblades, I guess, had a reason to hate the skill but had mag melee options to counter wings. Albeit those skills were pretty weak.

EXACTLY. Its so easy to counter just don't be a potato spamming snipe. Though magblades had it a little rough If you didn't know how to counter it but everything in the game is counterable in one way or the other. Dk is a class that has basically melee range abilities so wings till you could get close enough to actually do something was nice. Now you can just run away and snipe all day and dk can'd do anything if you are out of gap closer range.
    Edited by DanStartheFirst on September 16, 2019 11:13PM
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From doing some duels on pts with stamdk i can say this much:
    Noxious breath dot is dead, it deals pathetic damage with hits on players less than 200 dmg, i think it hasn't been that bad not even when no one wanted to use it.
    Venomous claw is the highest damage single target dot in the game and it's still laughably weak.

Dots in general deal not enough damage in pvp, on live they are completely overpowered, but i think the changes went a bit too far.
    Values should be reworked to get a better middle ground.

Now to some other things, stone giant is bad, it really is.
    The bonus effect is useless in any situation.
    Having to hit someone 5 times to stun them with the same ability while the stacks disappear every 7 seconds because you will stun an enemy on cooldown is just flawed and bad.
    The whole ability is bad in fact, not only for what it does but also what it was intended to do.

First of all it's ranged which means as all ranged abilities it had a minimum travel time even when used at point blank range, for a class that is in no way ment to be used at range this doesn't synergies with anything while just adding a new drawback compared to its competitors.

Then you have the damage which doesn't sets it apart from other skills which are used as spammables like dizzying swing (even with the nerf it's better than stone giant) or powerbash (which does more damage and offers a synergy for DKs who like to block)
    Not only being worse on a performance level than those skills no it also fails to give stamdk any identity.

Identity isn't given by just handing out mirror skills.
    Identity is strengthend when a class ability synergises with the rest of the class and other abilities in that class.

One example being suprise attack stunning from cloak.
    Power lash proccing on rooted or stunned enemies for magdk which has skills like talons and fossilize to complement it.

But stone giant doesn't do anything like that, it doesn't help stamDK in a pressure playstyle neither does it open up new way to play a stamDK.

Now for the last point, why do you still change molten armaments over and over again, it's a useless ability, handing out longer durations on major brutality and sorcery doesn't help because there is not a single build out there who doesn't have an own way of having 100% uptime on it without any drawbacks. There's no reason to put the skill on your bars because there's no situation where you'd use it.
    Just looking at what other competitors offer should tell you that the whole skill requires a complete rework like bound armaments got (great change there)
  • Pdoherty4637_ESO
    Pdoherty4637_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just came here to say that the animation for stone fist/stone giant as a new spammable for Stam DK looks and feels awful to weave with melee weapons. It just feels really out of place and unfinished in it's new role/functionality. I feel like punching with stone fists in melee range with alternating animations based on what arm is throwing the punch would fit better than throwing rocks in an awkward medium range. The new animation for bound armaments on stamina sorc looks excellent and I think stone fist could really benefit from a similar animation tweak.
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know what my DK is supposed to be anymore, and I don’t think y’all do either, based on the last couple patches.
  • DanStartheFirst
    DanStartheFirst
    ✭✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »
    I don’t know what my DK is supposed to be anymore, and I don’t think y’all do either, based on the last couple patches.

Uninstall button is more tempting every patch just need another game to main, but I don't have one currently
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stonefist changing to require 5 hits to get a stun is just plain stupid. It is not a spam skill, it is a CC skill.

Oh, but we will give Warden a one hit Off Balance now though in Cliff Diver.

So many of these changes today make absolutely no sense whatsoever.
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »

The good news is, ZoS doesn't either. What we are shooting for is every class to be the same thing.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stone fist should be a instant cast melee spam able and the secondary effect should increase physical penetration of DoTs. With stacks of the rebuff not a stun.
    I may end up after 5 year biting the bullet and go magsorc with this crap this patch is god aweful right now if they don’t make dk DoTs strong again this class is dead
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• DanStartheFirst
    DanStartheFirst
    ✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    Stone fist should be a instant cast melee spam able and the secondary effect should increase physical penetration of DoTs. With stacks of the rebuff not a stun.
    I may end up after 5 year biting the bullet and go magsorc with this crap this patch is god aweful right now if they don’t make dk DoTs strong again this class is dead

Easy fix. Rename DK to "tank" and make its spammable pierce armour and call it a day.
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam

IMO the Dragonknight has a class identity of 2.5 things. first... it's a tank... and second and a half its a DoT class for DPS. Mag version = Fire and Stam version = Poison.

Everyone knows if you want to make a fire based DPS class you go MAG DK. For poison, you go Stam DK. I personally feel like they really got the class identity down with the fire. But poison still needs work.

I understand a nerf to DoTs. I can except this on weapons abilities since they available to all classes. But keeping the same values on the DKs class DoTs I do not agree with. As a class that specializes in DoTs, they should have the best DoTs. This is the Identity of a damage role as a Dragonknight.

Stone giant change IMO is just bad, and I mean no offense to anyone who designed it, I know the best intentions were in mind. But as a spamable it's also a very expensive ability. IMO all spamable abilities need to be in the 2k to 2.5k cost range. Stone fist costs slightly over 3k.

to help with class identity, hear are a few ideas I have....

I know we all have been saying this for a looong time, but the DK class spamable is lava whip. THIS NEEDS to have a stam version that is poison based.

I know not everyone will agree with this idea, but it would be cool if Flames of Oblivion morph was a poison cloud that followed you around, occasionally spewing poison at your target. This ability would no longer grant major savagery but would proc every 2.5 seconds for 10 seconds vs every 5 seconds for 15. with slightly decreased overall damage to keep it on par with the mag version. Also the mag version would also no longer grant major prophecy but also deal flame damage AND heal the caster.

A for reals... There should be a fire version and a poison version of standard ultimate. Let the standard you can move around be the poison version and have the standard deal poison damage.

I also think spiked armor should be poison instead of fire. the idea of spewing spikes out just seems like a very physical thing. Like getting hit by poison thorns. And have the spikes that come from our back be green. This way the mag version (Harden Armor) would be red dragon and Spiked armor would be Green Dragon. The harden armor still deals damage to melee attackers but instead of magic damage, make it flame. No damage dealt by a DK should be anything other then poison, fire or physical.

Just a few ideas. :)
    Edited by BrentBlemish on September 19, 2019 3:46AM
  • Gunzork
    Gunzork
    ✭✭
    The DK and mostly stam dk only have dots for class skills to do dmg and it's not ranged and dodgeable you have to get close to your opponent to apply it and it can miss and you nerf it to the ground...So the only thing i can see for DK's next patch is a blocking tank with 0 dmg....And finally you nerfed all dots but you have not looked at onslaught that do ridiculous non mitigable dmg and an overkill penetration after the first hit that almost kill you one shot anyway? I mean we are there to give you idea and feedback as you asked for but stop being hypocrite....You don't even care about what we write here unless it's against your team or rules!
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might as well delete all my stam and MDks I'm so tired of this BS with you guys on destroying this class. It's a damn DRAGON KNIGHT! Not a damn salamander or a fire frog. It's supposed to have crazy dot damage.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is disappointing, was really getting into my magdk, now I'm just suppose to spam whip?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "hey DKs your a Dot Class....by the way we're gutting all dots by 60%"

*grin*.

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every dot build is getting the hose. So everyones just going to have to adapt :|
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dks don’t have a thing to adept because all they have is dots
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Gunzork
    Gunzork
    ✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Every dot build is getting the hose. So everyones just going to have to adapt :|

All they have is dots how you want them to adapt? they can use rending slashes!! Ohh damn they nerfed it to the ground too!!!
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both new stonefist morphs are useless, at least in PVP. Tooltip is low, Idk, how from the weaker but versatile ability, which can both heal and stun in same GCD for the cost of being expensive and easily dodgeable, skill can be turned in completely useless. Why in the hell anybody wants healing of 2 random targets on slow dodgeable thingy which doesn't stun anymore, doesn't do damage, doesn't do anything other then random unreliable heal???

Stone giant morph was cheap and has some usage in ranged bow builds, after nerf of draining shot.. but now.. ok, i guess in group PVE content tank may spam this (though where tank will take resources to "spam" 3k+ STAMINA cost ability while sitting in block 75% of the time?).. but this is not a dps spammable for sure. Reduce cost to 2k and then we may talk...

Not to mention that it restores stamina, and costs stamina :B i guess that's the reason behind abnormal HUGE stamina cost but ability cost shouldn't cancel it's own passive. Make this ability cost 2250 magicka and then we'll talk. With 3.1k in medium and 3.3k in heavy this ability is like a shot in one's own head.

TL;DR - What you done to this ability is not "class identity"... this change is some kind of perverted nerf of rarely used skill to oblivion... YOU REDUCED PRACTICAL RANGE IN 3 TIMES, REMOVED STUN, INCREASED COST FOR STAM AND THIS IS CALLED NEW STAMDK CLASS IDENTITY?
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giving DK class identity by taking away their identity. Very cool. At least we finally got that direct damage ability we've always wanted, too bad it does less damage than Flurry (lmao).
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dk DoTs ae now complete crap how is the dk the DoT class my tool tip went from 18420 on live to 8589 on pts plus a higher cost like really so almost 10k less dmg plus cost increase that = balance
    that is unbuffed
    Edited by lucky_Sage on September 17, 2019 5:07AM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc