Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Same DC guys for days. LoL

• Varxent
    Varxent
    ✭✭
    This is gold.
    @varxent PC/NA @varxent1 PC/EU

EP - AVA 32 - Dark Deal - Stamina Sorcerer
    DC - AVA 31 - Major Vitality - Stamina Dragonknight
    EP - AVA 29 - Class Discussion Discord - Magicka Warden
    EP - AVA 19 - Alliance Points - Stamina Necromancer
    EP - AVA 22 - Information Broker - Stamina Templar
    EP - AVA 18 - Vykosa - Stamina Dragonknight
    EP - AVA 16 - Siphoning Attacks - Magicka Nightblade

Bloodsport
    Former ANIMOSITY
  • Wispsister
    Wispsister
    ✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    Honest question. Does the pvp community discipline its own when small groups grief/exploit newbies? If not, why?

Probably not, because ez clapping a lowlevel/inexperienced player is an easy way to feel good about yourself for a solid 5 or 10 seconds.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wispsister wrote: »
    Honest question. Does the pvp community discipline its own when small groups grief/exploit newbies? If not, why?

Probably not, because ez clapping a lowlevel/inexperienced player is an easy way to feel good about yourself for a solid 5 or 10 seconds.

Some guilds do but solos and small scallers don't give a crap. Who is gonna punish them for being jerks? If they are exploiting, that's punishable by ZOS, but griefers aren't cheaters or exploiters. Just jerks... During midyear mayhem, for example, inside the house in vlast or the church in bruma, griefers would set down one of two meatball pizza throwers, and lay aoes on top of aoes behind doors. The moment you walked in, you're dead before it loads...

Is it wrong? No.

Do I wish they computers to melt and burn down their whole gaming setups? Yes.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The joke is on them. I go down in the sewers with zero tel var, they waste their time and resources killing me while competent PVPers kill them ;). When I get fed up of releasing, I go to a dungeon and get my tickets there.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Learn 2 Play -- Go do a quick dungeon for your tickets and let them sit outside your sewer doors twiddling their thumbs for hours. You know it's double loot drops in IC dungeons at the moment, right?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on September 11, 2019 12:43AM
  • mingimingi
    mingimingi
    ✭✭✭
    I love it. Easy fights, easy killing, don't have to run to the middle, potentially get a bunch of tel var from the imp physique people, they run back, rinse repeat. They don't get salty because they're at our door, and I don't get salty because I don't lose a motherload of stones.

If it's annoying to you, just port to the other campaign, go up a tunnel, or go do WGT. Go out empty with stones, camp your first sewer boss, kill boss, port back to base using retreat stone. Invis pots are key.

I LOVE it when they're at the door. It's fun, ridiculous ,and constant action.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skullderic wrote: »
    So what are your thoughts on these guys camping AD base in sewers for the last 4 days?
    LoL
    Same as my thoughts on all the other factions who are doing it, which are all of them... it's moronic. Absolutely moronic. Zos are trying to encourage people into PvP, which is already unhealthy, population wise, and players actively try to discourage them.

Counterproductive, self-sabotaging stupidity.

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    @Jeremy one man's pain is another man's fun.

Categorise this under "lessons learned in jail"?

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

Edited by Mr_Walker on September 11, 2019 2:42AM
  • Shievarei
    Shievarei
    ✭✭✭

You make it sound like the PVP community is one big conglomerate when it's just normal players like everyone else.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shievarei wrote: »

You make it sound like the PVP community is one big conglomerate when it's just normal players like everyone else.

They have a shared problem. A subset of their pvp population is seemingly hell-bent on self sabatoging everyone else's desire for a more robust pvp population. There's a lot of good people who just want a healthy robust pvp community with competition. But a select few are destroying the perceptions held by onlookers and potential new pvpers.
  • Shievarei
    Shievarei
    ✭✭✭

They have a shared problem. A subset of their pvp population is seemingly hell-bent on self sabatoging everyone else's desire for a more robust pvp population. There's a lot of good people who just want a healthy robust pvp community with competition. But a select few are destroying the perceptions held by onlookers and potential new pvpers.

There isn't an authority figure going around disciplining specific players. They're not one big interconnected family with tight knit relations. That's simply unrealistic and stupid.
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭

There isn't an authority figure going around disciplining specific players. They're not one big interconnected family with tight knit relations. That's simply unrealistic and stupid.

Not what I'm suggesting. Seems we aren't understanding each other's wavelength so to speak. Ah, the joys of text.

Have a good day, friend.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not what I'm suggesting. Seems we aren't understanding each other's wavelength so to speak. Ah, the joys of text.

Have a good day, friend.

A few people have pointed out various things, like camping factions gates in cyro in the off hours kills the game, because people just log off, but on the whole typing anything like that is a bit like doing card tricks for a dog.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    The joke is on them. I go down in the sewers with zero tel var, they waste their time and resources killing me while competent PVPers kill them ;). When I get fed up of releasing, I go to a dungeon and get my tickets there.

No, the joke is still on you. They aren't doing it for the tel var stones.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

No, the joke is still on you. They aren't doing it for the tel var stones.

Pretty much this. Especially the dudes running around with Imperial Physique.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What the ***?
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭

They do this for the AP too, not only for the TelVar
    Master Angler
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They do this for the AP too, not only for the TelVar

They do it because its fun and its the only PvP they can find sometimes. You are almost guaranteed a fight if you wait outside the spawns of enemy factions.
    Edited by Firerock2 on September 11, 2019 3:52AM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have strong feelings on it either way. Kind of mean, but outside of the platform exploit it's not that bad, especially because you can go around via the districts.

I will say, though, that when you kill groups like that not a one of them drops event tickets, so clearly ain't nobody there as boss as they think.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    I don't really have strong feelings on it either way. Kind of mean, but outside of the platform exploit it's not that bad, especially because you can go around via the districts.

See, as far as I see it, once you jump down OFF the platform, you're fair game. If you try to get past them in the tunnels just outside the platforms, you're fair game. If they catch you literally anywhere else except at your base door, you're fair game.

Anything else is fair game but camping the platforms and load doors is just a cheap cheater's tactic by people with no real skill who want an ego boost, especially if they're just doing it to spam-farm PvE people who just want to get their tickets off the nearest boss and be on their way.

PvPers like to heckle how PvEers "Whine" about tickets being around PvP events, and while I agree PvP should get its share of attention as well, I can see why people complain about tickets needing to be earned through PvP:
    Because you can be blocked by other players, on purpose.
    There's not much a PvEer can do to deliberately, even maliciously stop a PvPer from getting event tickets from the vast majority of PvE events that have them. PvP can literally have a wall of people who know PvEers are going to be there and stop them dead from ever making progress.

Of course you can do the dungeons instead, yes, so its good there is an option for that, but there might be people who don't know that, at least for a few days (and then miss out on several days of tickets because of this behavior), or who try the PvP zone first and get discouraged and just give up on the event entirely, regardless of whether there's a "PvE option".

People are gonna keep being jerks like that no matter what I say on it, I'm sure, but its just generally a playstyle of bad taste.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    I've never met a PVPer who truly wanted a fair fight.

I myself would never enter a battle I know I would not win.

Really? Because I run solo and whenever I see any player I jump on him because:
    1. I didn't fought him yet, so I need to know who will win.
    2. He killed me, I need to take my revenge, this time I'll do better... Maybe... Well he killed me 6 times in a row but this time I'll win!
    3. Oh I know him, ez kill, die!
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a nutshell:

Everybody does everything to everyone else and complains about the same.

If someone kills you, they cheated or the skill they killed you with is overpowered; if you killed someone, it was skill.

This is PvP. You just gotta be honest with yourself.

What cracks me up is all the youtubers posting clips of how much fun the Imperial City event is, then proceeding to show clips of them pwning PvE n00bs. Mmmm, good fun, I bet they like "hunting" for donuts too.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By any chance, do you mean those 4 guys using imperial physique on PC EU (in the campaign called Imperial City No CP)? If they bother you, you could:
    A. Chance to other campaign
    B. Store your tel vars in bank and wait for other ADs, then fight them in numbers.

I saw them the other day and went with the option B first, it netted me some thousands of tel var. I didn't do it for long tho, because I was in IC to get the tickets so I decided to go with the option A in the end.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    BahometZ wrote: »
    In a nutshell:

Everybody does everything to everyone else and complains about the same.

If someone kills you, they cheated or the skill they killed you with is overpowered; if you killed someone, it was skill.

This is PvP. You just gotta be honest with yourself.

What cracks me up is all the youtubers posting clips of how much fun the Imperial City event is, then proceeding to show clips of them pwning PvE n00bs. Mmmm, good fun, I bet they like "hunting" for donuts too.

I believe it was on another thread someone made a point how everyone in PvP complains "NERF THIS, IT KILLED ME AND THAT'S SO UNFAIR" but nobody ever says "Man you should buff that guy, I feel bad always winning against him because the game favors my race/class/build" and I think that kinda just nails down the core of PvP attitudes right there :D
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 AD has been holding the EP base for hours every day. 2 magplars, 1 magsorc and 1 stamblade. All of them are very good Pvpers but still they are spawn camping weaker players.
    The stamblade and magsorc are very prominent forum posters and I could tag them, but that would be naming and shaming
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never met a PVPer who truly wanted a fair fight.
    I myself would never enter a battle I know I would not win.

For fair fight, please meet me on your blue or red character at districts of Red Diamond CP on PC EU, I'm in constant search of improving :smiley:

FPkRD7J.jpg

When I enter a battle, I never know who will win - actually, I often charge at enemy group even knowing that I won't win :D Sometimes I run away a bit and then... charge at them anyway! What is more hilarious then enemies dropping their ulti at one little me (who is not even tanky and would die anyway)?..

When I was new and afraid of even seing an enemy player, I also wanted to be in group and feel safety in numbers. It didn't help me at all :|
    Only dueling few nice people from reds and blues back at Haderus helped me to understand basic things.
    I didn't understand why sometimes, when I fought enemy player, my ally nearby didn't help me. Nowadays I see how they (intentionally or not) helped me and I do the same sometimes :) I even see this from other side, when I fight a player and their ally watches.

I don't attack people who are doing quests and generally PvE, I like to watch them and see what happens next. Some people panic and hide, some people continue PvE as if I do not exist, some people start attacking me and I fight them back. Will they zerg me next time, or will this help them to learn something about the fight? I can't know, but I'm not guilty cause I didn't start it. Well, they could use the peaceful signs to stop the fight, but they don't learn those signs when they only run in groups who kill everything mindlessly.

I am sometimes standing at my Rune near the entrance between discticts. I have no particular intention while doing so, I will react accordingly based on what I see.
    I saw few enemies port in and start attacking me.
    I saw enemy player simply running past me on his way.
    I saw enemy player enter, look at me, exit. After ~10 seconds I saw same player entering again, and exit again... :D He was rather high level, so it made me laugh that he didn't even try to pass. He had so little confidence, as if he can't win alone :/ Why?

I've met a red player who started a fair fight with me, and when he realised that he can't kill me after some violent battle, he suddenly stopped and started jumping around, so I stopped as well... He was simply waiting for reinforcements, cause when two more reds arrived, he happily attacked me with them :D I've met few of such high-rank players.

Or one blue high-rank farm group... While they were chasing and slaughtering my random allies, I focused one of them (his role was mostly to spam Whirlwind), he was very close to death just in few seconds, but then his group focused me :D

When I do remember the name of someone who zerged me after denying a fair fight, I will join my allies next time I see them chasing that enemy player. Same if I remember player not attacking me even with his group, I will not join my allies if they chase that player. And I don't kill random afk players (on my screenshot, there was one gankblade from my side killing a blue player nearby, and I moved away from that pook afk-er so he could enter stealth again :smiley: His horrible choice of hiding location was a good reason to die though)
  • kreoko
    kreoko
    ✭✭
    I have yet to meet these door campers.

Is it a PC thing? Or am I just a considerably lucky console player? XD
    Laindir Direnni - Altmer MagSorc | NA Server
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Camping the base is rather pathetic behaviour. Says more about the sad people doing it. But you can try & outrun/hide/kill. Yet not all new players know about other doors/sewer entrances.

But exploiting the ability to get up on the platform should be punished as is an EXPLOIT.

Those saying pve’ers should gear up & ‘git gud’ & fight - for the 5/10mins they are in IC to just get their tickets? Why would they bother?

And agree with those pointing out that this behaviour does not encourage people to hang around and try more. I love pvp, but some players are utter tossers. On all factions. Even in my pvp guild.
    Edited by Hallothiel on September 11, 2019 4:36PM
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    I saw enemy player simply running past me on his way.
    That might have been me (if blue) xD.

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kreoko wrote: »
    I have yet to meet these door campers.

Is it a PC thing? Or am I just a considerably lucky console player? XD

This was a thing of the past on Xbox at least, not many people are playing down the sewers at the minute because the rest of their 24man group is up top.

People need to get over this, if you don't die when you come through the door, you'll die when you walk through the first tunnel, 20m away in game.

You can go up a ladder and stay up top
    You can go up a ladder and go down another into different parts of the sewers
    You can get a huge group and push together
    You can go to another campaign

What other options should there be? You guys want immunity down there?
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Yet not all new players know about other doors/sewer entrances.

But exploiting the ability to get up on the platform should be punished as is an EXPLOIT.

Those saying pve’ers should gear up & ‘git gud’ & fight - for the 5/10mins they are in IC to just get their tickets? Why would they bother?

1. Not anyone's fault but their own, we all learned, they either chose to not have the DLC until now or they just haven't worked it out yet naturally - That is definitely not an excuse.
    2. Ok, so you punish people for it, instead they just wait in the first tunnel - Nothing changes, I ain't doing it but that's a massive non issue.
    3. Because it's not a safe haven for PvE or roleplay, it's a PvP event, I expect people to be geared in IC period.

All you talked about as issues were personal choices by the complainants bar the "exploit" which is neither here nor there and wouldn't change a thing.

Either way, it's worth remembering "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." - Yes base camping is easy but If you're being camped and take that door over and over, you're not really with it.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)