Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Same DC guys for days. LoL

Skullderic
Skullderic
✭✭✭
So what are your thoughts on these guys camping AD base in sewers for the last 4 days?
Feel sorry for all the new players that where happy to get IC free! great welcome Scrubs!
Fun event Yay! LoL

Gert Soem!!
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for fighting all over the place, but camping the bases seems so boring and kind of a herdurdur thing to do. Like oooooooooh, you killed 12 pve players that have never stepped foot in here before, you absolute top tier player you. Its fighting fish in a barrel, its not very complicated, and it takes zero skill. But please, continue to be proud of yourselves.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    Another word: Exploiters

I watched these guys use toppling charge to get up on top of the landing just outside the yellow base and then stealth gank anyone who came out the door. Not sure how that's possible... that area is supposed to be a safe zone... but they're doing it.

Wouldn't surprise me much if the DK's can do w/ leap too so watch yourselves when entering the sewers.
    MinnesotaKid

• markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is not a Dc issue though, checked it with toons of all 3 factions. Same prob everywhere.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you are small in real life do things in game to make you feel larger.
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the platform was to be made a safe zone or you would get all warm and fuzzy w/ blue aura.
    Imo ~ you shouldn't be able to get up there however.
    Every base should have a Safe Door & a return door to stop the door camping.
    Edited by Skullderic on September 10, 2019 6:43PM
    Gert Soem!!
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've never met a PVPer who truly wanted a fair fight.

I myself would never enter a battle I know I would not win.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this is their superbowl. more and new players are flooding IC, so they have something to farm.

take the ladders up and go around them.

or pick a different campaign or alliance. or run the dungeons instead.
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »

Really? I know a lot of PvPers that like fair fighting. (Some not so fair fighting Haha)

I don't care if I win or lose, little funner to win at lest some times tho.
    Gert Soem!!
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder, it’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably learned it years ago when DC base was the one you could get on they just did jabs at the doors you were dead before you loaded in.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/289580/camping-lambent-passage-sewer-entrance-it-needs-to-be-a-safe-zone-until-you-jump-over-at-least/p1

I don’t care whose base it is the top door should be safe, bottom door go for it.
    ZOS seems to like it though I can’t imagine why. I personally feel this turns newer players away from PVP. I base that opinion that they like it on the fact ZOS has added things such as anti chain mechanics in bg and left an old issue off IC door camping that predates bg in play.

To me it encourages antisocial PvP behaviour and discourages newer players but based on well just ignoring it for years, I’d say they ZOS somehow think this is a good thing. ( really got to wonder how, I’d like to know how this is good myself)
    Then they wonder why imperial city is dead as even PVPers go I’d rather go to Cyrodil or BG. You don’t have to be terribly good at marketing to figure out that this is not a selling point.

PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skullderic wrote: »
    So what are your thoughts on these guys camping AD base in sewers for the last 4 days?
    Feel sorry for all the new players that where happy to get IC free! great welcome Scrubs!
    Fun event Yay! LoL

Which server? NA or EU? CP or noCP? New one or standard?
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RogerJ he asked what we think about these guys, and I used two words to describe their behaviour in my view. I see no difference to the threads where the behaviour of people was criticised, that was the reason to introduce faction-lock.

The terms there were worse and even often implicitly used on everybody arguing against faction lock.

Be at least so honest not to talk about a friendly reminder, but add the info that you deleted messages as you do in other threads. Thanks.
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭

stop zerg surfing
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe, but you can learn a lot from fighting people better.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

stop zerg surfing

Why should anyone stop Zerg surfing? Gives them AP, achievements, fun, gives them time to understand cyro "mechanics", the differences between pve and PvP, all that.

Even more so, I run my red and blue pve toons on the 30 days campaigns, and they aren't and never will be PvP ready for small scale combat, but I can still help in a group and have tons of fun! And I do this once a month on 4 reds and 4 blues to get crystals.

Why should I not?

If I want real challenge or PvP tension, I go on 7 days with a much smaller scale where everyone and everything you do matters opposite to Zerg heaven 30 days...

There's a place and a reason for everyone to run every type of action. If you don't like zergs, go 7 days. You won't find many at all.
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took my DC toon into the cp Imp sewers campaign this morning for my daily tickets and lo and behold 5 or 6 EP were camping the door area. Now they weren't up on the platform waiting for people to load in but getting to kill some EP and the grabbing the banner boss as he came by too felt a little bit like Christmas morning. Stuns and debuffs are fun and allow the fodder to do a little killing.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to form a bomb group to just wipe them off your platform then. PvP events like this, some players need to make the sacrifice to become bodyguards for the others. Those who will hang up their Tel Var, stand tall in the face of evil and proclaim in one Destro Ult voice "Not Today".
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was solo, and banged my head into them next to the AD (NA/PC). I died a bunch but got a few kills and teabags in. They were a good group to practice my burst combo and survivability against. ZOS should really think about implementing a mechanic to incentives good groups fighting other good groups. They also need to make sure people can't leap onto the platform. I got a video of them continually bombing the top platform and reported them.

On a side note all the pvp videos I'm seeing right now from the event are such boring steamrolls.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, you know you can go up to IC or out the ground floor door, right? Why is this such a huge problem to overcome?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skullderic wrote: »
    Fun event Yay! LoL

They've been stalking the Ebonheart Pact base as well. Both factions (the Dominion and Covenant).

I guess they are just determined to make the place empty during the event as well. /shrug

It's what they do. Had a few ___ _____ jump me while I was trying to get my tickets during a mini boss fight. Pretty annoying and I lost my temper. Luckily I got them alone later in a fair fight and as usual they weren't nearly so tough without all their buddies backing them up. One took off running when their health got low and the other died. So I'm beginning to understand why they like to team up against their opponents. Get them in a fair fight mano a mano without bosses and adds hitting you and they aren't nearly so tough.

Anyway: if it keeps happening I'll just go do the dungeons instead. I"m not going to let the hell hole known as Imperial City annoy me while I"m suppose to be having fun. So that's my advice to others. If they keep doing it - just let them sit at the base being bored all day while you go do something else fun and productive.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jeremy one man's pain is another man's fun.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    @Jeremy one man's pain is another man's fun.

That seems like a pretty fair description of Imperial City. So I can't argue against your point.

I personally just have better things to do with my time than be another man's fun though. So think I'll take a pass.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 10, 2019 9:01PM
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The AD zone is the most fun part of the sewers due to big room with the dividers not far from it they have to go through.

If you keep getting ganked at the door... may I suggest not using it? There are six ladders providing access to 6 different sewer grates that allow you to bypass this area entirely.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    The AD zone is the most fun part of the sewers due to big room with the dividers not far from it they have to go through.

If you keep getting ganked at the door... may I suggest not using it? There are six ladders providing access to 6 different sewer grates that allow you to bypass this area entirely.

there's even a second freaking door to sewers itself... o.O crouch, go through, stealth awaaaay....
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    You need to form a bomb group to just wipe them off your platform then. PvP events like this, some players need to make the sacrifice to become bodyguards for the others. Those who will hang up their Tel Var, stand tall in the face of evil and proclaim in one Destro Ult voice "Not Today".

In my limited experience your faction zone chat is full of people belittling others who call for help. During last year Midyear Mayhem, people were castigated by their own faction for being “pve casuals locking out real people from Cyrodiil”. And they would mock people like “Type hotdog in zone for group” and giggle to themselves at how many people replied “hotdog”. Or some other immature giggle.

Sorry to not just the opposite faction killing you that are to blame.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why people not use the Ladders up to the district area? Yes, you can from there go back to sewers if want, and move between districts and sewer zones, plan routes to the bosses you wanna go after.

Also sadly yeah, there are these door campers from all alliances. Most of pvpers do NOT do that, they go to enemy areas to battle and kills, but not do door camping.

I`ve gained a LOT of Tel Vars (i mean like 100k+) from door campers, pleasure to kill them, nice of them to bring all that Tel Var to me. :)

But less experienced people, do not let them ruin your event fun, find ways to move from ladders inside the base, or group up and push out together in big enough force if that helps.

Tell others in zone chat and ask for help if you are being bullied at the base. Unless off hours, i am sure all alliances have helpful people and small scale pvpers who enjoy taking out the trash (door campers) and making some TV on the side. :)
  • Amarthiul
    Amarthiul
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_RogerJ wrote: »
    It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

But I'm a Stamplar, Jabs is all I know.

*jabs jabs jabs*
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honest question. Does the pvp community discipline its own when small groups grief/exploit newbies? If not, why?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt that it's alliance-specific behavior, because it seems like every alliance is complaining about at least one of the other two doing this.

Personally, I'm nervous about trying to reach the center of the sewers, let alone go all the way through another alliance's section to reach their base.

Besides which, I can't jump that high, and don't understand how players are doing this. Is it the bunny hop thing?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, just went into Imp City right now to get tickets. I'm not really a hardcore PvPer but I do participate in it a bit (and a bit more lately).

Whole groups of DC, camping and exploit hopping the platform. Mostly its a lot of DKs with their dragon leap thing. But gosh dang, I just want to get my friggin tickets. You can kill me all day after that for all I care.

Suffice to say if ZoS actually handles any of those kinds of reports as an exploit, the joke's on them because every bunnyhopper I see is gonna get one lol
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest