Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Same DC guys for days. LoL

• Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And now for something positive....

In sewers to kill 1st boss in AD as usual for tickets. Lower level AD in area. Boss not up so hide & wait. Lone red comes through. Kills some npcs. Stands around. Low level AD comes out of hiding. I presume they are about to get squashed / but no! Red leaves alone, so AD goes off. Can see red has gone into stealth near boss location. Deduce that they just want boss kill. So when boss comes up, and as predicted red starts fighting, make choice to be nice & snipe boss so as not to damage red. They can see me but totally ignore me. Boss dies. Wait to see if red will now attack me. Nope. Just heads back into the tunnels. Loot boss & get tickets & head for home, feeling marginally better about the world. 😉🙂
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »

In sewers to kill 1st boss in AD as usual for tickets. Lower level AD in area. Boss not up so hide & wait. Lone red comes through. Kills some npcs. Stands around. Low level AD comes out of hiding. I presume they are about to get squashed / but no! Red leaves alone, so AD goes off. Can see red has gone into stealth near boss location. Deduce that they just want boss kill. So when boss comes up, and as predicted red starts fighting, make choice to be nice & snipe boss so as not to damage red. They can see me but totally ignore me. Boss dies. Wait to see if red will now attack me. Nope. Just heads back into the tunnels. Loot boss & get tickets & head for home, feeling marginally better about the world. 😉🙂

had a similar experience playing blue. Saw a red, who retreated when he saw me, then slowly coming back. I realized a skyshard at the end of the room. So stepped back, but staying so the other blues could see that we were not involved in a fight.
    He got his shard and went away.

However that is the 1% exception among 99% of useless fights down in the sewers. (useless as for PVP I find cyro makes a lot more sense, gaining AP, advancing your alliance tier).
    Edited by markulrich1966 on September 12, 2019 10:13AM
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »

Tried to do something similar with a DC while I was on an AD character trying to do the arena quest for the main storyline. After too long getting smashed by large groups and gankers alike, it was a nice change of pace. Then another AD came and killed the person mid-fight, and again when they came back (pretty sure for the same quest I was on). 😕 sorry DC sorc, if you were on that quest, I hope you eventually got it.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    Honest question. Does the pvp community discipline its own when small groups grief/exploit newbies? If not, why?

There's really nothing the community can do. Because there is no one "community." We can call people out, ask them not to do it, tell new players this is toxic and bad for the play overall and please don't copy it... and nothing happens. Because the people who think it's lulz to deliberately grief and exploit aren't going to be shamed by the community into not doing anymore... they aren't ashamed. Nor are they alone since they run in packs of people that have the same standards.

Spawn camping is griefing in any game. The only people that have control over the situation -- Zenimax -- don't seem to care.
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luckily I didn't wait til the last moment, but same thing again today. Picked one of the campaigns with all AD, really no DC or EP. Got our tickets. Hung around to farm a bit and help some people out. About 20 minutes before reset while people were camping Hzu Hakan, waiting for the boss to pop for their tickets, massive DC zerg swarm comes flying in, pushes everyone back to AD base, and keeps anyone from being able to get through tunnels to the boss. Unsurprisingly, checking the campaign page, same time as DC population jumped right up.

A few people in zone raging about how now the time reset while they were trying to push DC zergs and platform hoppers out and they didn't get their tickets for one of the days at all.

This is exactly what I was talking about with this being the only event where players can block other players from being able to get event tickets. And doing it right at reset time? I'm not so sure I want to believe that was accidental with these griefers. Feel bad for the people who were there wanting to get their days' tickets and couldn't because of this.

Really dodged a bullet since I've had other days where I only just did a boss with barely any time to spare. I would have been pretty upset if I was one of the people blocked from getting my tickets tonight lol

A few platform-hoppers again tonight but I came more prepared this time and it was them who got killed instead of me lol
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've yet to see anyone actually up on the platform outside the DC base (PC EU, no CP), but there have been plenty of 12-man AD/EP groups just below, or in the tunnel between the first daedric mobs and the base. They are pretty intimidating to newer non-PVPers to see that many enemies right outside your door. However, it only takes about 2-3 actual PVPers to clear out these numnuts and utterly destroy them in less than 30 seconds.

Additionally, PVPers want to farm other players for Tel Var. You don't do that by killing people who just came from their base, either having just banked their stash or just arriving for a sesh. You get ZERO Tel Var that way.

This tells me that the people spawn camping other factions are actually not PVPers, but PVE zerglings who want to feel safety in numbers and want to feel powerful/get revenge against the enemy faction.
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or just player-killer troll PvPers who get an ego boost by ruining someone else's day, especially that of PvEers. I wouldn't doubt it with some of the PvP/PvE divide in the community and just overall troll-iness of a lot of PvPers I've come across in the overworld. The obnoxious ones I'm sure not even a lot of the other PvPers tend to like.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I see it is like camping out in a skeever-spawn location and just killing them over and over. Yes, it's part of the game. Yes, you're way better than what you're killing. But what kind of benefit are you actually getting?
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vicarra wrote: »
    I've yet to see anyone actually up on the platform outside the DC base (PC EU, no CP), but there have been plenty of 12-man AD/EP groups just below, or in the tunnel between the first daedric mobs and the base. They are pretty intimidating to newer non-PVPers to see that many enemies right outside your door. However, it only takes about 2-3 actual PVPers to clear out these numnuts and utterly destroy them in less than 30 seconds.

Additionally, PVPers want to farm other players for Tel Var. You don't do that by killing people who just came from their base, either having just banked their stash or just arriving for a sesh. You get ZERO Tel Var that way.

This tells me that the people spawn camping other factions are actually not PVPers, but PVE zerglings who want to feel safety in numbers and want to feel powerful/get revenge against the enemy faction.

I suspect that is at least partially true.

I have however played all 3 factions during this event and it's mostly the same across all 3, on PC/NA anyway. You want to find a fight, leave the base, there will be one waiting for you.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello there,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for baiting and flaming, both being against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay constructive to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Krec
    Krec
    ✭✭✭
    There are a couple kill achievements in IC and the campers do get AP if I am not mistaken. Not a fan of 'em jumping on platform. Kinda enjoy have DC show up as it is a means of getting some telvar off of them, especially the ones running Imperial Physique.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve logged on every day during the event to get tickets, and have only encountered enemies on the sewer door platform once. I always go out that door and pop magelight hoping to find a squishy ganker there but no luck so far. I don’t think the problem is a bad as some dramatic people are making it out to be.
  • Phex
    Phex
    ✭✭
    DC has the same issue btw. Every time I've gone over to IC, I see groups of red overlord rank players just mowing down groups of blue player. One person who's good enough to take down seven being allowed to bulldoze through them again and again and again. Feels fair, right? No matchmaking needed here at all.
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tPf2Ah2.jpg

when ZoS would finally act about this exploit? It's not like no one knows
    Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
    PVP Alpha Squad
    PVE : Alpha Crew Guild leader / Easy Peasy Officer

• Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool name & shame bro, enjoy the warning.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    I've never met a PVPer who truly wanted a fair fight.

I myself would never enter a battle I know I would not win.

Then you haven't met a real PvPer yet...