Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO = Entropy Soul(trap) Online

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make friends with a magplar to heal and purge your polka-dotted arse. :D

On that topic, I have a PVP templar healer for hire, although not cheap.

;)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m so happy I have yet to encounter this on Xbox. I hardly ever see soul splitting trap at all. Entropy is everywhere though. Most players on Xbox are either playing magplar or tanky stam the amount of magicka players has actually decreased this patch. I haven’t really had a problem with dots I know they are too strong because I had a 1v1 with a magplar using surge and skoria with both dots and it was just killing my health bar, but overall the zergs aren’t really using them as much as I thought they would.

Bgs is a dot mess. IC is nothing but Templar zergs.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait. You can block dots?
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Wait. You can block dots?
    Sure - IIRC the siege ground dots are both blockable and dodgeable :D (unless this has changed recently)
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    That recap is so deceptive. Each of those dots hit you 9 times. You had 18 seconds to kill that guy. What were you doing all that time? Running around a tree, hoping the dots would just wear off?

ZOS needs to report just one tick per line on these recaps so we can put these silly threads to rest.

How is it deceptive? Also I think your math is off lol. You do know that you can have more than one dot on you at a time yes? Also as I said it was an outnumbered fight+rss guards so I need to get some los. Just drawing attention to the absurdity of two dots landing 20k worth of damage in 7 seconds and one of them being a strong utility skill. Also this was on a magicka toon, I use Entropy as well. This isn’t a biased opinion, it’s just too strong.

Those dots don't tick every second. They tick every 2 seconds. You got hit by at least 9 ticks (7+2 or 6+3)on that screen. That's 18 seconds. Vigor + rally can EASILY outpace that.

Keep in mind you can use dots as well, they're all generally the same strength.
    Indeed. It seems like a lot of people are under the impression that Entropy and Soul Trap tick every second, instead of every 2 seconds.

It's also interesting to me how so many players were defending Stamina's bleeds in the past, claiming that ~2k damage every 2 seconds (in no-CP) was completely balanced, even on procs. But, now that Magicka builds have DOTs that do literally half that amount, there's suddenly a huge problem.
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Jeezye wrote: »
    7 seconds of combat minimum, imagine being hit by 7 GCDs of spammabldes by two people with this high of offensive stats. You'd be dead nonetheless, dots are fine

Spammables can be dodged and require line of sight. DOTs ignore line of sight, continue ticking for huge damage while you're taking other forms of damage and require you to slot purge if you want to get rid of them altogether which isn't even that reliable due to how easy DOTs are to apply.
    Of course you won't get any damage reduction by dodging after a DOT is applied to you...just like you won't avoid the damage of a spammable by dodging after you've already been hit.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoTs are just way too strong. You spent 1 global cooldown for 20k to 25k Tooltip damage. Where else can you get numbers like this.

Sure, it is not the same as direct damage as it does not all unload immediately and as such should deal more damage as it gives you more time to counter. But given that essentially only Templars and NBs have a viable counter and fights usually last the duration of the dots (unless you are fighting those new Dizzying Swing One-Shot Builds) it is essentially an attack that deals twice to three times the damage as any other attack. Which is just too much. Even given its delayed nature, a 200% to 300% increase of DoTs over direct damage abilities is not warranted due to them almost always running for their entire duration.

And not all Defensive Tools did not keep up with that development.
    • Cloak is inherently fine as it surpresses DoTs
    • Purge is having a blast and consistently something to do - unfortunately it is only viable on Templars
    • Dodge Roll as always is fine too, as most of the DoTs can be dodged and thus never affect the target
    • Heals only received partial adjustments - especially in the HoT department
    • Shields are completely unadjusted, in fact they even got nerfed in the wake of this massive DPS increase
    • Block should be fine due to it's percentage based nature and the buff to HoTs

So unless you are spamming Cloak, Dodge, Purge, or Block - or in other words, are a Stamblade, Magblade, Magplar, or Perma-blocker - you are taking significantly more damage than before and have to cope with defensive tools that were not meant for this kind of pressure.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    DoTs are just way too strong. You spent 1 global cooldown for 20k to 25k Tooltip damage. Where else can you get numbers like this.

Sure, it is not the same as direct damage as it does not all unload immediately and as such should deal more damage as it gives you more time to counter. But given that essentially only Templars and NBs have a viable counter and fights usually last the duration of the dots (unless you are fighting those new Dizzying Swing One-Shot Builds) it is essentially an attack that deals twice to three times the damage as any other attack. Which is just too much. Even given its delayed nature, a 200% to 300% increase of DoTs over direct damage abilities is not warranted due to them almost always running for their entire duration.

• Purge is having a blast and consistently something to do - unfortunately it is only viable on Templars
    • Dodge Roll as always is fine too, as most of the DoTs can be dodged and thus never affect the target
    • Shields are completely unadjusted, in fact they even got nerfed in the wake of this massive DPS increase

So unless you are spamming Cloak, Dodge, Purge, or Block - or in other words, are a Stamblade, Magblade, Magplar, or Perma-blocker - you are taking significantly more damage than before and have to cope with defensive tools that were not meant for this kind of pressure.

Burst as well as dps matters in pvp, not simply tooltip per cast. This isn't pve.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    How many points do you have on Thaumaturge?

lol what? Thaumaturge does not protect against dots.

They probs meant Thick-Skinned, the tree that reduce dot damage to you. But from what I take from this is:
    A ) the person or people have a crap ton of CP in Thaumaturge and/or have a lot of a lot into Spell Erosion.
    B ) there’s more than one person here
    C ) you have little to no points into Thick-Skinned
    D ) Nerf sorc again

20% damage reduction into thick skinned friend. I can’t show names but it’s all the same person.

So you are showing the death recap of one person and are upset that about 9 ticks of a DoT that ticks every 2 seconds for 12 seconds. What did you do to mitigate and manage that damage during the fight?

Edit: and as others have pointed out the death recap does not show everything that hit you. I seriously doubt that person hit you with only 3 skills over the more than a dozen seconds that fight lasted.
    Edited by idk on September 1, 2019 9:38PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think a video accompanying the recap would be more informative as to what’s happening here.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That recap is so deceptive. Each of those dots hit you 9 times. You had 18 seconds to kill that guy. What were you doing all that time? Running around a tree, hoping the dots would just wear off?

ZOS needs to report just one tick per line on these recaps so we can put these silly threads to rest.

How is it deceptive? Also I think your math is off lol. You do know that you can have more than one dot on you at a time yes? Also as I said it was an outnumbered fight+rss guards so I need to get some los. Just drawing attention to the absurdity of two dots landing 20k worth of damage in 7 seconds and one of them being a strong utility skill. Also this was on a magicka toon, I use Entropy as well. This isn’t a biased opinion, it’s just too strong.

The original post says "all from the same person". Those dots only tick every two seconds, so if there are 9 hits from each spell, those hits occured over 18 seconds. The average damage from each of those ticks is minuscule, like 1.5K or something.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL @ "1 global cooldown for 20k to 25k Tooltip damage..."

You have TWELVE global cooldowns to heal or shield though that damage! If the same enemy casts an second Entropy during that time, it merely overwrites the first Entropy. They do not stack!

Again, what are you guys DOING this whole time these pin prick levels of damage are ticking away on you every two seconds?

If they’re just “pin prick” levels of damage why are you so afraid of losing them? Also these “pin prick” levels of damage are exactly what everyone was crying about with bleeds, including you, and that could only be applied at melee range.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i feel like half the people in this thread don't realize that you can in fact take damage from other sources while you have dots on you.

wait i mean juSt UsE rAlLy AnD vIgOr BrO
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

Those dots don't tick every second. They tick every 2 seconds. You got hit by at least 9 ticks (7+2 or 6+3)on that screen. That's 18 seconds. Vigor + rally can EASILY outpace that.

Keep in mind you can use dots as well, they're all generally the same strength.
    Indeed. It seems like a lot of people are under the impression that Entropy and Soul Trap tick every second, instead of every 2 seconds.

It's also interesting to me how so many players were defending Stamina's bleeds in the past, claiming that ~2k damage every 2 seconds (in no-CP) was completely balanced, even on procs. But, now that Magicka builds have DOTs that do literally half that amount, there's suddenly a huge problem.
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    7 seconds of combat minimum, imagine being hit by 7 GCDs of spammabldes by two people with this high of offensive stats. You'd be dead nonetheless, dots are fine

Spammables can be dodged and require line of sight. DOTs ignore line of sight, continue ticking for huge damage while you're taking other forms of damage and require you to slot purge if you want to get rid of them altogether which isn't even that reliable due to how easy DOTs are to apply.
    Of course you won't get any damage reduction by dodging after a DOT is applied to you...just like you won't avoid the damage of a spammable by dodging after you've already been hit.

stam dots that do 2k damage every 2 seconds in nocp require a 2 piece set and require melee range to be applied, so there is a pretty big distinction between something like rending with master dual wield and something that literally anyone can slot on their bar multiple times. it's basic risk vs reward, getting into melee to apply a dot should result in a more substantial dot than one that can be applied from range.

no one stepped out from behind a pillar and got 3 sets of rending slashes on them from 30m away.

You have TWELVE global cooldowns to heal or shield though that damage! If the same enemy casts an second Entropy during that time, it merely overwrites the first Entropy. They do not stack!

Again, what are you guys DOING this whole time these pin prick levels of damage are ticking away on you every two seconds?

i really, really like this post. this is a really great post. this post makes the following assumption: when you have a dot on you that lasts 12 seconds, you then have 12 seconds to heal through it because nothing can happen in the next 12 seconds. everyone in every pvp scenario says, "whoa wait a minute, that guy has a dot on him! i can't attack him for the next 12 seconds", so you can basically stand there and heal yourself until the dot wears off. easily the best post i've seen in this thread so far. a+ job.

also having a dot on you apparently makes you immune to other dots. very cool and informative post.
    Edited by ecru on September 2, 2019 1:02AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

DoTs should never hit this hard. On a stamina builds, three well timed dodges, meaning none of your spammable matters. We can't deal with DoTs that way.

You should play magicka against a CCing Machine.

Just slot purge and you'll be fine. You may need some magicka and recovery too. But hey magicka characters had to invest in off resource for years. This is starting to look balance now.

Or

You can continue whining like a loser about DoTs.

The choice is yours.

DoTs is much easier to prevent than Burst damage CC chains.
  • ll_Rev
    ll_Rev
    ✭✭✭✭

DoTs should never hit this hard. On a stamina builds, three well timed dodges, meaning none of your spammable matters. We can't deal with DoTs that way.

Just slot purge and you'll be fine. You may need some magicka and recovery too. But hey magicka characters had to invest in off resource for years. This is starting to look balance now.

Or

The choice is yours.

No they aren't, dots are easy to land and some are undodgeable, stop and take a look at the game, instead of complaing on the forums all day.
    Edited by ll_Rev on September 2, 2019 1:47AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they’re just “pin prick” levels of damage why are you so afraid of losing them? Also these “pin prick” levels of damage are exactly what everyone was crying about with bleeds, including you, and that could only be applied at melee range.

Shakes head at how defensive you are when people point out how long a duration those dots were on you.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ll_Rev wrote: »

Or

The choice is yours.

No they aren't, dots are easy to land and some are undodgeable, stop and take a look at the game, instead of complaing on the forums all day.

I think you are quoting the wrong guy. Because I didn't whine about anything.

I was helping other realize. That they can get more Magicka and recovery and slot purge to counter DoTs. Just like Magicka has to get more Stamina and recovery to counter CCs.

If anything I think if ZOS is not going to allow Magicka to CC break and dodge roll with Magicka. Then they should balance it out by making DoTs even more powerful. So Stamina specs have to experience the same drawbacks to not investing in off stat to stay alive.

If people are not slotting purge to deal with DoTs. Then that is their build issue. Not a balance issue.

Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on September 2, 2019 2:38AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Shakes head at how defensive you are when people point out how long a duration those dots were on you.

I wish you were on PC/NA so we could meet up for a 1v1 and you could show me exactly how wrong I am lol. Or maybe you are? Not that you would anyway, you just like hiding behind the forums. I admitted I made a mistake there, but again I never asked for a nerf, said I was having trouble or anything other than this new meta is just silly.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 2, 2019 2:41AM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish you were on PC/NA so we could meet up for a 1v1 and you could show me exactly how wrong I am lol. Or maybe you are? Not that you would anyway, you just like hiding behind the forums. I admitted I made a mistake there, but again I never asked for a nerf, said I was having trouble or anything other than this new meta is just silly.

It’s funny how no one likes Bash meta but multi dot slot a purge on your stam toon meta is totally cool.

FTR, I play magicka. And this ish is still dumb af.
    Edited by Insco851 on September 2, 2019 3:27AM
  • calikush51
    calikush51
    ✭✭
    finally they nerf bleeds and then we get this. pathetic dev team.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    You left a DoT on you for 7 seconds that did 11,180 damage in that time. Thats 1,597 dps. This is purely a L2P issue.

If you would have purged just once you could have negated 3 DoTs already applied to you.

If you want to be a stronger pvp player you will need to use every defensive tactic available to you. Cant just throw up a damage shield or perma dodge roll and all is forgiven. They buffed up purge for a reason. Time to slot it and L2P.

I did purge ;) This doesn’t count all the dots that were already on me from another player+guards. I’m sure we can meet up on PC/NA for a 1v1 and you can show me all about how to be a strong PvPer.

Sure then after we can meet up on xbox eu and ill show you how to fish then we can meet up on ps4 na and cook it together. Great end of summer date. Thing is....im just not that into you. Just saying

You scared to get exposed?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

It’s funny how no one likes Bash meta but multi dot slot a purge on your stam toon meta is totally cool.

FTR, I play magicka. And this ish is still dumb af.

Me too, that’s what people don’t seem to get. I play both Magicka DK and I re-geared my Magplar after two years to have some perspective on this “op magplar” craze and I also play Stamplar a lot and I have a load out that includes soul trap. And it seems impossible for these people to comprehend wanting to balance something even if you use it. What I’ve already said in other posts is my primary reason for wanting entropy and soul trap balanced is because I know how powerful they are from using them, not just getting hit.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So now you are trying to get up all in my face like a tough guy/gal.

I merely pointed out an observation that you have been attacking the comments of others, even though their comments make sense. Granted, it is clear you have not gotten the reaction you wanted but you really need to chill out.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I merely pointed out an observation that you have been attacking the comments of others, even though their comments make sense. Granted, it is clear you have not gotten the reaction you wanted but you really need to chill out.

:D What reaction? Most people hate these new dots. The rest are just trying to divert attention away and hide behind the forums. Anyway rumor is the nerfs are coming next patch so gl with all that.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:D What reaction? Most people hate these new dots. The rest are just trying to divert attention away and hide behind the forums. Anyway rumor is the nerfs are coming next patch so gl with all that.

I am not disagreeing about the DoT meta but that is clearly not the point. You are focused most on one DoT (a little on a second DoT), just look at your title if that does not make sense.

But look at your responses, not just the one I quoted that you replied to here. You are being testy with a number of responses, seemingly because they do not see your point. If you do not like their response then move on. No reason to get worked up about it. Better yet, take it out on DC.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zerglings be like: slot purge, use curse eater and another defensive 5p set to survive - yeah really? and how are you going to kill anyone when you're using this setup? - ah yeah, zerg them, works for you, right?

ZoS Devs made a mistake by buffing DoTs, but they are not stupid, they will balance them soon - I wonder what the noobies are going to crutch on then ;)
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant believe we didnt use that name earlier lol
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Cant believe we didnt use that name earlier lol

I was mostly proud of that :D
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DOTs have always been incredibly successful at slaughtering bad players when combined with a little burst and a cc.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The concept works well openworld, and Sorc is a good class for it, dot the targets up at range, kite away. If it kills them, great. If not, you are already dotting up the next one. Ideally, targets that are already distracted by something else.

Is is a play style that works great for zergs, casuals, and allows "everyone" to 1vX. It will also create mountains of salt.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    The concept works well openworld, and Sorc is a good class for it, dot the targets up at range, kite away.
    This works even better on a magblade:
    1. Apply dots at max range - preferably on an enemy who's already distracted fighting someone else.
    2. Cloak away.
    3. ???????
    4. Profit! :D