Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO = Entropy Soul(trap) Online

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Same player - look at the damage difference. Soul trap as I get it from the tooltip scales of the highest stat so it doesnt matter are you playing stam or magicka. Yeah... Soul trap is completly OP while Blood Craze is completly fine LOL.

If we are up for nerfing dots, all dots should be nerfed, bleeds, poisons etc. included.

Ah37ANC.jpg

Edit:

Oh and that awesome hint:
    "Have you tried resetting your router?" - amazing ZOS, seriously.

To me, if someone is using any flurry morph; they're probably running vMA DW to buff the hell outta every single ability on your recap

Yes, but my point is not to show that DoTs are totally insane but to show that mag dots = stam dots. Because I see quite worrying trend. Many of this forums users play stamina mains and they suddenly can't handle magicka having strong dots so they want to nerf JUST THE MAGICKA dots while leaving their cheese untouched. This is far from being balanced.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    You left a DoT on you for 7 seconds that did 11,180 damage in that time. Thats 1,597 dps. This is purely a L2P issue.

If you would have purged just once you could have negated 3 DoTs already applied to you.

If you want to be a stronger pvp player you will need to use every defensive tactic available to you. Cant just throw up a damage shield or perma dodge roll and all is forgiven. They buffed up purge for a reason. Time to slot it and L2P.

And if his class doesn’t have a purge? Or is a stambuild? We slotting cleanse now? Forced to run one of the garbage cleanse sets?

“tImE tO PlAy PlaR”

Resolving vigor was buffed 4 a reason, on my stam dk it's critting 4, 4k I having no problems with dots even in outnumbered situations
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on September 9, 2019 6:06AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You left a DoT on you for 7 seconds that did 11,180 damage in that time. Thats 1,597 dps. This is purely a L2P issue.

If you would have purged just once you could have negated 3 DoTs already applied to you.

If you want to be a stronger pvp player you will need to use every defensive tactic available to you. Cant just throw up a damage shield or perma dodge roll and all is forgiven. They buffed up purge for a reason. Time to slot it and L2P.

And if his class doesn’t have a purge? Or is a stambuild? We slotting cleanse now? Forced to run one of the garbage cleanse sets?

“tImE tO PlAy PlaR”

Resolving vigor was buffed 4 a reason, on my stam dk it's critting 4, 4k I having no problems with dots even in outnumbered situations

And on classed that cant cheese up vigor like dks?
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On stam sorc crit surge, on warden the vines, on templar extended ritual, on nb u can cloak
    Any more questions?
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being able to land a ~6.5k Dizzying Swing from Stealth, followed up by a 9k+ Onslaught with 12 seconds of > 20k armor penetration is 100% A-OK and perfectly balanced. But those dastardly Magicka DOTs that are doing ~1k damage every 2 seconds (when on-demand Major Protection from BRP dual wield isn't up, that is)? Completely unacceptable - nerf immediately!

And yes, being DOT'd by 3-4 people at once hurts, but it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as being Dizzy spammed by the same numbers.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

“tImE tO PlAy PlaR”

Vigor was buffed to make up for Momentum HoT removal. Previous patch with Momentum HoT, Vigor cross healing+1 sec extra duration, I had more healing power.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

“tImE tO PlAy PlaR”

Vigor was buffed to make up for Momentum HoT removal. Previous patch with Momentum HoT, Vigor cross healing+1 sec extra duration, I had more healing power.

For me I'm having more healing power this patch it just involves a bit more effort in constantly keeping up vigor. Expecially when I use cauturize. Uppercut don't hit me that hard the hardest I had in death recap(after getting zerged so I was debuffed like crazy) I was a 6k onslaught and a 4.8k dizzy. Noncof this comes even close to what necros hit me for (9k blast bones granted I had major vounerabikity from the 9k flesh atro x3 I took earlier) that's when I started using corrosive again to counter that
    Necro is the only thing imo that is really broken damage wise. Dots r strong but manageable. Dizzy and onslaught are strong but only when u outnumber your enemy and he can't see the animation through all the fireworks 🎇 that r going on.
    As for magplar... Damage wise not special
    But the survivability is somewhat irritating to fight against -. -
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Being able to land a ~6.5k Dizzying Swing from Stealth, followed up by a 9k+ Onslaught with 12 seconds of > 20k armor penetration is 100% A-OK and perfectly balanced. But those dastardly Magicka DOTs that are doing ~1k damage every 2 seconds (when on-demand Major Protection from BRP dual wield isn't up, that is)? Completely unacceptable - nerf immediately!

And yes, being DOT'd by 3-4 people at once hurts, but it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as being Dizzy spammed by the same numbers.

You need to stop right now! Stam users are in pain now cause they need to build those ults somehow to 2 shot you! You're being mean!
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove all magicka playstyles from the game.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't worry, the stam dots are going to get wrecked next update as well as the mag dots.

ZOS never adjusts anything, just straight to the wrecking ball.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭

“tImE tO PlAy PlaR”

Why not?
    Dot are part of the game, and they finally can be used in PvP.
    You can purge them with a skill accessible to all.
    Slot it.
    The only problem with dots atm is that they stack.
    Dying because of dots in 1v1 is a l2p issue.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    So unless you are spamming Cloak, Dodge, Purge, or Block - or in other words, are a Stamblade, Magblade, Magplar, or Perma-blocker - you are taking significantly more damage than before and have to cope with defensive tools that were not meant for this kind of pressure.

This is the overarching problem I have with the meta design balance in this game which is that again and again it will flex to hinge class balance on a serious bottleneck where seemingly popular balances are in favour. (Not even looking at the intent)
    Edited by Cathexis on September 11, 2019 4:56PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

“tImE tO PlAy PlaR”

Why not?
    Slot it.

AW purge is not feasible on a stam toon.
    Not allowing dots to stack is the worst possible thing they can do to the DoT playstyle.

Why do people even recommend something like that?
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

“tImE tO PlAy PlaR”

Why not?
    Slot it.

Not allowing dots to stack is the worst possible thing they can do to the DoT playstyle.

Break Free and Dodge Roll is just as feasible on a Mag character. However it's fine that Mag has to deal with it. But soon as Stam has to you and most here cry Bloody Murder.

LOL

Anyways ZOS already said they was going to nerf DoTs and MagPlar. So all you Stam guys have to do is wait 2 more months for ultimate Stamina dominance EZ mode to resume.

I'll just have to do what my buddies have done and ditch ESO. For a Western MMORPG that don't hate on Magical based playstyles and completely gimp them.

Until then shutup and learn how to fight in this META like the rest of us that's not complaining about MagPlars and DoTs.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

“tImE tO PlAy PlaR”

Why not?
    Slot it.

Break Free and Dodge Roll is just as feasible on a Mag character. However it's fine that Mag has to deal with it. But soon as Stam has to you and most here cry Bloody Murder.

LOL

Anyways ZOS already said they was going to nerf DoTs and MagPlar. So all you Stam guys have to do is wait 2 more months for ultimate Stamina dominance EZ mode to resume.

I'll just have to do what my buddies have done and ditch ESO. For a Western MMORPG that don't hate on Magical based playstyles and completely gimp them.

Until then shutup and learn how to fight in this META like the rest of us that's not complaining about MagPlars and DoTs.

When you're done being all over the forums spewing your anti-stam bias you may find time to reckognise the fine difference between "hurr durr, dots op" and "it's not feasible to run purge on stam builds." You might even see that I am not in favor of not letting dots stack.

"Until then shutup and learn how to fight in this META like the rest of us that's not complaining about MagPlars and DoTs. Dizzy Swing" Or just do what your buddies have done. Your whining is no different than that of those complaining about plars.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 11, 2019 7:40PM
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

“tImE tO PlAy PlaR”

Why not?
    Slot it.

LOL

When you're done being all over the forums spewing your anti-stam bias you may find time to reckognise the fine difference between "hurr durr, dots op" and "it's not feasible to run purge on stam builds." You might even see that I am not in favor of not letting dots stack.

"Until then shutup and learn how to fight in this META like the rest of us that's not complaining about MagPlars and DoTs. Dizzy Swing" Or just do what your buddies have done. Your whining is no different than that of those complaining about plars.

I have absolutely no issues with counterable DoTs and MagPlars. StamPlar is however like the rest of Stamina builds are on a whole another level than magicka based builds. Watch my proof!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy4UB_XxUEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNCqRZuxefE

DoTs and MagPlars are completely easy to counter. Dizzying Swing spammers will eventually land a hit on you, while you are at 3 times the supposed range of the ability than it's lights out. Actually I personally want ZO$ to buff Dizzying Swing so I'll be faced with the choice of clinging to EZ PZ mode kills from a low skill high reward playstyle.

Also for the hundred time Cloak is beyond Overpowered too, and needs the Streak treatment!
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on September 11, 2019 10:42PM
  • Sorbin
    Sorbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    On stam sorc crit surge, on warden the vines, on templar extended ritual, on nb u can cloak
    Any more questions?

This. Vines + Vigor with Shrooms just in case and I have no problem with all these dots. I mean I still lose fights under heavy dot pressure but it's either a strong player with a strong build or I just *** up the fight. Dots are strong. Burst is strong. Damage is the meta. All these whiners are going to accomplish is *** up and get us back into a tank meta.
  • Sorbin
    Sorbin
    ✭✭✭✭

“tImE tO PlAy PlaR”

Why not?
    Slot it.

LOL

I have absolutely no issues with counterable DoTs and MagPlars. StamPlar is however like the rest of Stamina builds are on a whole another level than magicka based builds. Watch my proof!

DoTs and MagPlars are completely easy to counter. Dizzying Swing spammers will eventually land a hit on you, while you are at 3 times the supposed range of the ability than it's lights out. Actually I personally want ZO$ to buff Dizzying Swing so I'll be faced with the choice of clinging to EZ PZ mode kills from a low skill high reward playstyle.

Also for the hundred time Cloak is beyond Overpowered too, and needs the Streak treatment!

LOL imagine using a video of low-MMR BGs filled to the brim with low-CP players to make your case.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorbin wrote: »

“tImE tO PlAy PlaR”

Why not?
    Slot it.

LOL

LOL imagine using a video of low-MMR BGs filled to the brim with low-CP players to make your case.

LOL imagine just talking out your arse with no substance to make your case. >:)
  • Sorbin
    Sorbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorbin wrote: »

“tImE tO PlAy PlaR”

Why not?
    Slot it.

LOL

LOL imagine just talking out your arse with no substance to make your case. >:)

The case is self-evident to anyone playing this game with any modicum of sense. I've seen high-level players of just about every class that can eat a Dizzy combo from full health and keep fighting while still having great damage. It's entirely possible to achieve this and still have sustain on almost any class to one degree or another.

And the simple fact of the matter is that high-level players do NOT just eat a Dizzy combo and get insta-wrecked. They just don't. They build for mitigation, for passive healing, for enough stam/sustain to actively defend and they have their own stuns ready to counter when you whiff the Dizzy. It's not anyone else's fault if you're not using all the proper game mechanics to counter burst damage.

Now, I don't think anyone would disagree whatsoever that Onslaught is undoubtedly overtuned. You could cut the duration of the buff in half and it would still be strong as hell. And clearly the bugginess/range desyncs need to be fixed, but that's no basis for nerfing a skill. This game pings 100+ to basically everybody at all times, they need to sort that *** out.

The reason you don't see any variety in Stam is because all of the other spammables suck as offensive options. 2H is the only Stam weapon that feels like it's meant for the front bar in PvP and only two classes in the game have decent class spammables. But if you start nerfing things simply for being effective, we wind up right back in the tank meta.

For what it's worth, I don't think DOTs really need to be nerfed either. I switched to using Chudan on my Warden so I could slot Leeching Vines and still keep all my offensive skills in place and it counters most DOT builds nicely. I still lose to some occasionally, but that's life.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also; just wanted to add; we archers also exist.

No DS, no onslaught, etc

And we still can perform well.

I see lots of talk as if all Stam builds are the same, DS is just popular
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For years fengrush, on his stam sorc, instagibs people with Crit charge, WB, DBoS, executioner combo. Kodi, on his warden, instagibs with beetles and WB, executioner combo, DBoS. Guilds runs groups dumping ults instagibbing. Miat instagibs using snipe. I could go on. Every class has some sort of instant burst combo. Popular streamers use them so this must be acceptable within the community?

God forbid DAMAGE OVER TIME gets some love, after all these years of being useless, and now holy hell breaks loose? I’ve been telling zos for years make dots viable. I want to play a dot class like in other mmorpgs. All of a sudden people crying we are in a magicka dot meta and it needs to be nerfed. How quickly people forget how bad the tank meta was. Sky is falling! Ok let’s do a balance audit. Why are there so many damn combos that can kill in 1-2 seconds and that is acceptable to the player base? Hypocrites. @zos if your gonna nerf dots nerf the stupid insta kill combos too. Let’s make this fair.

Edited by LegacyDM on September 15, 2019 10:29PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    For years fengrush, on his stam sorc, instagibs people with Crit charge, WB, DBoS, executioner combo. Kodi, on his warden, instagibs with beetles and WB, executioner combo, DBoS. Guilds runs groups dumping ults instagibbing. Miat instagibs using snipe. I could go on. Every class has some sort of instant burst combo. Popular streamers use them so this must be acceptable within the community?

God forbid DAMAGE OVER TIME gets some love, after all these years of being useless, and now holy hell breaks loose? I’ve been telling zos for years make dots viable. I want to play a dot class like in other mmorpgs. All of a sudden people crying we are in a magicka dot meta and it needs to be nerfed. How quickly people forget how bad the tank meta was. Sky is falling! Ok let’s do a balance audit. Why are there so many damn combos that can kill in 1-2 seconds and that is acceptable to the player base? Hypocrites. @zos if your gonna nerf dots nerf the stupid insta kill combos too. Let’s make this fair.

The people who are complaining about dots complain about everything.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every class has some sort of instant burst combo. Popular streamers use them so this must be acceptable within the community?

God forbid DAMAGE OVER TIME gets some love, after all these years of being useless, and now holy hell breaks loose? I’ve been telling zos for years make dots viable..

Burst combos have counterplay. Counterplay means healthy pvp. Dots have 0 counterplay, they are cheap, take no skill and just make pvp less balanced.

If you die to a stamden combo then you just got outplayed, it has clear counterplay that you can do to stop it, it just requires skill. If your fighting a build stacking all the dots it can get with defile and zaan then what counterplay is there ? Sure templar can purge or nb can cloak but what about other classes ? Yes nothing they can do at all, and this leads to people stacking resists and heals, then people complain we have a tank meta.

Dots should add some pressure, and more just chip at someones hp if the player is not being careful and keeping heals up, but in eso dots can carry a build, they do far too much dmg and have no way to stop it for most builds. It's just unhealthy gameplay.

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    Every class has some sort of instant burst combo. Popular streamers use them so this must be acceptable within the community?

God forbid DAMAGE OVER TIME gets some love, after all these years of being useless, and now holy hell breaks loose? I’ve been telling zos for years make dots viable..

Burst combos have counterplay. Counterplay means healthy pvp. Dots have 0 counterplay, they are cheap, take no skill and just make pvp less balanced.

If you die to a stamden combo then you just got outplayed, it has clear counterplay that you can do to stop it, it just requires skill. If your fighting a build stacking all the dots it can get with defile and zaan then what counterplay is there ? Sure templar can purge or nb can cloak but what about other classes ? Yes nothing they can do at all, and this leads to people stacking resists and heals, then people complain we have a tank meta.

Dots should add some pressure, and more just chip at someones hp if the player is not being careful and keeping heals up, but in eso dots can carry a build, they do far too much dmg and have no way to stop it for most builds. It's just unhealthy gameplay.

U really think dots have no counter? There are plenty.
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on September 16, 2019 4:06AM
  • cmvet
    cmvet
    ✭✭✭
    DOTs is killing pvp.

I think 1 dot is the issue. The change to soul trap is a bit op. There is no reason it should be the hardest hitting dot, and an 8 meter aoe (soul splitting trap) as a non-ultimate. Make it single target and only tic on 1 person at a time and it would be more balanced.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's easier to counter DOTs than it is someone who's spamming Dizzying Swing for virtually every GCD while sitting on an Onslaught. And that's true even if you don't have a cleanse. I can't count the number of times that my character has been fully in a block animation (and not out of stamina), or that someone has been well outside of melee range on my screen, yet I still get knocked into the air by a 6k Dizzying Swing and hit with a 9k Onslaught before my break free decides it wants to function properly.

And there's so much Dizzy spam going on in BGs now that in some matches you basically have to permablock (which isn't really possible, especially on Magicka builds), or expect to get knocked into the air and either Onslaughted or Dizzied more while unable to block or dodge. Even among magicka builds, most of the dangerous ones aren't really relying on stacking up the new DOTs. The real killers among Mag builds are usually DKs, Sorcs, or some Templars, and they're not just DOT-stacking everyone.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

Plenty ? You have cloak and purge lol, thats 2. If your a class that does not have access to these then you have no counters. If a stamden starts lining up the old dizzy into sub, db combo then I can counter it by simply blocking or rolling, if a dot build spamms multiple high damage dots on me there is no maneuver I can use to avoid it.

• Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easier to counter DOTs than it is someone who's spamming Dizzying Swing for virtually every GCD while sitting on an Onslaught. And that's true even if you don't have a cleanse. I can't count the number of times that my character has been fully in a block animation (and not out of stamina), or that someone has been well outside of melee range on my screen, yet I still get knocked into the air by a 6k Dizzying Swing and hit with a 9k Onslaught before my break free decides it wants to function properly.

I haven't lost a duel against any dizzy onslaught build yet but I have against dot builds with zaan. I know exactly how to counter onsalught and dizzy because I can use skill to avoid it, but against dots there is actually nothing you can do and it's honestly sad that people can't see this. The only way to help against it is to stack resists and healing, but that is not really a counter. And just makes the game more unhealthy.

But the fact still is that you can use skill to avoid dizzy and onslaught yet cannot avoid dots...

Not that I think onslaught is balanced btw because I said it was broken when they first mentioned the change.
    And there's so much Dizzy spam going on in BGs now that in some matches you basically have to permablock (which isn't really possible, especially on Magicka builds), or expect to get knocked into the air and either Onslaughted or Dizzied more while unable to block or dodge. Even among magicka builds, most of the dangerous ones aren't really relying on stacking up the new DOTs. The real killers among Mag builds are usually DKs, Sorcs, or some Templars, and they're not just DOT-stacking everyone.

Well I don't bg much but in cyrodil I would say most of my deaths are to dots, even if they don't actually kill me they are still the cause because with so many dots on you have little time to go offensive and your heals do nothing.

But if I fight burst focused builds I can actually outplay them. That's what healthy pvp is, it's about using skill to get kills and avoid dying, dots take no skill to use and have no counterplay.

Edited by Crixus8000 on September 16, 2019 7:19PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

Plenty ? You have cloak and purge lol, thats 2. If your a class that does not have access to these then you have no counters. If a stamden starts lining up the old dizzy into sub, db combo then I can counter it by simply blocking or rolling, if a dot build spamms multiple high damage dots on me there is no maneuver I can use to avoid it.

.... look you need to learn how combat works. Not all counters are a complete removal of the impact. For instance, sweeps stun had 70% snare. It's meant to counter movement. Movement is literally one of many counters to sweeps.

What you're having a problem with is damage layering.