The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO = Entropy Soul(trap) Online

• Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Sorry when reading all your counter arguments it sounded more like complaining.

The fact is, there are plenty of ways to counter. You just choose not to accept them. And if you can’t accept them, I am led to believe you don’t know how to use the tools I mentioned Effectively, hence it’s a L2P issue. Which is why I concluded you can’t handle it. There’s nothing wrong with stacking healing, or blocking, or using spell shields. That’s what we have to do with a lot of direct damage burst combos. But that’s apparently acceptable.

Ok I understand that. And yes depending on your build dot's do have counterplay. But I still think there is lack of options compared to other damage types and that's my issue with them, fighting against them just feels cheesy. I just don't like the idea that the only way I can actually defend against something like entropy is to outheal it, especially when your outnumbered and you will probably have much more than one hitting you at a time.

I know a few sets exist or the alliance war skill, but I don't count these since I think they are just too weak (depending on your class/build) to use viably.

I would just prefer if certain dots had a projectile or something similar to what they did with sloads. It's just an idea though. Sloads in non cp was very widely disliked as it offered free damage with little counterplay, and it was very similar to the issue I have with a few dots now.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    Do WhAt MaGiCkA PlAyErS Do to CoUnTeR Cc. GeT MoRe oF tHe OpPoSiTe ReSoRuCe aNd BoOm NoW YoU cAn PrUgE 2 oR 3 tIMeS jUsT LiKe MaGiCkA cAn OnLy BrEaK Cc 3 oR 4 tImEs!

Now did you understand it from that stance?

Already spending my magicka on streak, crit surge and dark deal, how am I supposed to have enough magicka to spam a 5k + skill every few seconds too lol. Not that I even have the bar space for it anyway.

Lol 5k purge. That's the cost of the Templar's purge
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭

You can block, heal, shield, alliance war purge, and cloak through dots if you got it. Maybe make your toon more tanky if you can’t handle. it. There’s even armor like weird tree if dots are too problematic for you. Yeah nice try. No counter my ass. Lol. You even have a CP node that reduces dot damage. But no one wants to use it cause why should they?

Git Gud. Strong players know how to deal with dots. If you can’t figure out how to deal with dots over the span of 8 seconds with your build, I don’t know what to tell you. Instead, people want their instant burst front loaded 1 second macro combos to continue to one shot people to keep staying on top. As soon as something threatens that they cry on forums.

Where exactly did I say I couldn't handle dots ? I just said people shouldn't need to stack healing and resists to counter them since they should have more counterplay through skill, like blocking, rolling and los for example, and after me saying this you just say I need to stack resists and healing lol.

All my posts have been about the fact that some dots, like BlackMadara mentioned have a lack of counterplay.

Sorry when reading all your counter arguments it sounded more like complaining.

The fact is, there are plenty of ways to counter. You just choose not to accept them. And if you can’t accept them, I am led to believe you don’t know how to use the tools I mentioned Effectively, hence it’s a L2P issue. Which is why I concluded you can’t handle it. There’s nothing wrong with stacking healing, or blocking, or using spell shields. That’s what we have to do with a lot of direct damage burst combos. But that’s apparently acceptable.

But you might be playing on a spec that can easily deal with them and still be viable. That is not always the case. Purge, range and outheal is not globally available as it might seem to some sides.
    Edited by Demra on October 9, 2019 7:10PM
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    So which is it? You lose to dots in 1v1 duels yet you say their real problem is when you are outnumbered. Sounds like you are just a potato farmer who isn't much better than the potatoes you try to farm and are upset that they can fight back a bit and you don't get to feel leet anymore crutching on whatever cheese you had been crutching on.

Cause dots are no problem 1v1. They are no problem in small scale like BGs. Sure they are now finally effective but are no more potent than direct damage and delayed burst skills. Infact delayed burst remains the type of offensive skill to have on your bars.

I'm sick of stuff getting nerfed to accomodate potatoes and potatoe farmers. You guys did it to snipe nerfing it into the ground and now you are doing it to dots. You won't be happy till all combat occurs within melee range and ult combos are the only method of getting kills.

You call me a potato but are getting annoyed about dots being nerfed and complain about snipe nerf, 2 things that require 0 skill and what most potatos use for xv1 lol.

And if you think dots aren't good in 1v1s in no cp then you don't know what your talking about. Bleedblades where the gods of 1v1 for a long time.

All my points was just that dots compared to most other damage types have very little options of counterplay and for some they have no counterplay so it just makes the game less skillful, but I guess thats why many like them, because they find the game easier to play then.

I think some dots should exist like on the dk class since that is basically what the class is designed around, but currently on live there is too many dot options that deal too much damage and that should not be the case.

I love how certain skills get labeled as less skillful and overpowered cause they get used by new players in a zerg yet they are never viable on any other level but because "leet" 1vXers see them on their death recaps suddenly they are a problem. Yet if they were so good and easy to use why do 1vXers not use them? Some sort of honor? I call BS as every other method of getting an advantage is used but not the so called "skill-less zergling" ability. When the reality is the 1vXer doesn't want to have to adapt and deal with varying play styles.

Snipe is the prime example because being a dedicated bow user with snipe as primary spammable has actually taken more skill in every context of the game besides Xv1 and most the time isn't even viable outside of desync ganking. You are literally mad because your enemy isn't dumb and does the obvious thing of utilizing the tactical advantage afforded by superior numbers to use generally less optimal skills to provide more angles of attack on you. But no it's unfair unless everyone has to come 1v1 you while you run around a rock or tower.

Dots are the same thing. They allow groups and players to diversify play styles. You quite literally want complete homogenization to your play style. Which is already the problem with the game. It's like if the fellowship of the Lord of the rings was made up entirely of Gimli's. It's like you are the orc crying it isn't fair that legolas uses a bow to compliment Gimli and his fighting style.

The simple reality is that there are skills that fit all of your complaints that I'm sure you have no problem with and have been in the game longer than the current dots that you would never replace with a dot. Examples;

Curse - undodgeable, unblockable
    Power of light - undodgeable, unblockable
    Beatles - undodgeable but blockable

And all these skills perform the same function that dots do currently. They provide delayed burst to line up with your spamables and ults. Dots do the same thing but slightly differently but the goal is the same, damage stacking. So if dots are a problem then so are these other skills as I would take them over any dot period. You would never see a class replace one of them for entropy or Soul Trap. Dots provide classes that don't have such skills in their tool kit the ability to damage stack is all. They are no more oppressive or skill less just new.

That being said go ahead and make them dodgeable but leave them as an effective means of damage stacking.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Elder Dots Online PVP sucks. Personally I've taken a break from PVP until something changes.

PvP won't change, until players change to the point where they actually appreciate some challenge.
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Vermethys wrote: »
    QXgOUyp.jpg
    :D

Hey don’t laugh, some people take that *** seriously.

Until they break their right mouse button I guess..? :lol:
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO SORC OR GO CRY !
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GO SORC OR GO CRY !

Don't you find that sad to say, when MagSorc falls behind most Stamina specs?