The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg dragons blood, dragons bile, spiders egg is delicious. Tastes like blantons whiskey.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Omg dragons blood, dragons bile, spiders egg is delicious. Tastes like blantons whiskey.

• grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like a fine scotch
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put radiant back on. With sweeps as is people are escaping through rolling way to easily.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put radiant back on. With sweeps as is people are escaping through rolling way to easily.

yup, I tried without it and immediately noticed multiple times radiant would have ended a fight sooner... Also, stamina toons running the medium armor elude are fast af.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me your input please:

Option 1. Option 2. Option 3.
    Magicka 39257 40819 40819
    Health 24372 26146 26146
    Stamina 12350 13912 13912
    Spell dmg 2538 2538 2329
    Mag reg 2036 2036 1931
    Spell res 26708 23180 25987
    Phys res 24015 20487 23294

All other stats are identical

what gear are you using to get such as high mag res without losing too much in the other stats?
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alfiq/btb/bs, those stats are with major sorcerery, major prophecy, major ward, major resolve, while standing in my rune on a lightning staff bar. Bs is not procd.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alfiq/btb/bs, those stats are with major sorcerery, major prophecy, major ward, major resolve, while standing in my rune on a lightning staff bar. Bs is not procd.

sorry to be a pain: what enchantments are you using? still protective jewels?
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on August 28, 2019 8:12PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

Sorry to be a pain: what enchantments andw

sorry to be a pain: what enchantments are you using? still protective jewels?

I use this but with Triune, I also have 3 tri glyphs on armour, I sit at 44.5k mag, 18k stam, 26k hp
    Edited by Syiccal on August 28, 2019 8:07PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rhaegar75

Full triune, i get my resistance from the lady... if you know what i mean! Heeeeeeeeyyyy. Using wm brew too.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rhaegar75

Full triune, i get my resistance from the lady... if you know what i mean! Heeeeeeeeyyyy. Using wm brew too.

I use spring loaded and astro mundus, with bloodspawn open world or shadow redend for small scall
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    @Rhaegar75

I use spring loaded and astro mundus, with bloodspawn open world or shadow redend for small scall

Im trading that the little bit of extra stats and the stam for lady mundus. 18k isnt needed imo. I'd rather have the extra resists.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like a 500 hp, 250 magicka, 3700 stam traded for 80ish regen and 2750 spell and physical resistance. Ill take the mitigation.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rhaegar75

Im trading that the little bit of extra stats and the stam for lady mundus. 18k isnt needed imo. I'd rather have the extra resists.

Yea each to their own, i like to have big stam pool on my plar for block, dodge roll and break free, always come in handy
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone using soul trap? Seems weak to me, doesn't compete with entropy or reflective light at all.

I've stayed in the same setup I've had for ages and have only changed 2 skills since the patch; I've been smashing duels and BG's.
    @Rhaegar75

Yea each to their own, i like to have big stam pool on my plar for block, dodge roll and break free, always come in handy

IMO, get more elsewhere and just strafe LOS to save your stam instead of tanking it all.
    LOS and funnels are so so powerful, you can single handedly turn fights around by utilising them, especially in Cyro against potatoes.

On engagement, unless it's a clear solo or group win, the emphasis should always on baiting and setting up like that and I'm not sure why more teams or players don't do it to be honest.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    Is anyone using soul trap? Seems weak to me, doesn't compete with entropy or reflective light at all.

I've stayed in the same setup I've had for ages and have only changed 2 skills since the patch; I've been smashing duels and BG's.
    @Rhaegar75

IMO, get more elsewhere and just strafe LOS to save your stam instead of tanking it all.
    LOS and funnels are so so powerful, you can single handedly turn fights around by utilising them, especially in Cyro against potatoes.

On engagement, unless it's a clear solo or group win, the emphasis should always on baiting and setting up like that and I'm not sure why more teams or players don't do it to be honest.

I'm pretty much using the same skills as well, no need to change really
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    http://imgur.com/gallery/xDJcYTa

Might be easier to view the options

Are you a jabs magplar? If so you're over sustaining quite a bit. For me 1700 magicka recovery is enough for jabs magplars.

I'm

@Rhaegar75

Entropy is a strong DOT but personally; I dislike all the pre- attack setup that starts coming with DOTs even for all their buffs. 1v1, you're not going to kill a decent player that has purge. If you're zerging with others, it gets ridiculous anyway.

Speaking of which. If its not a 1v1, and with how I just do Cyrodiil, it almost never is; I actually prefer radiant aura over ele drain for similar reasons. You can miss that penetration, but I find most of the time, my original target melts it the los of his buddies protects him. And it purges off the target where RA doesn't seem to. I run only 1500 recovery so like the gaurantee of magicka steal. I also tend to dive in. If you're ranged, ele probably fits better
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

technohic wrote: »

Are you a jabs magplar? If so you're over sustaining quite a bit. For me 1700 magicka recovery is enough for jabs magplars.

I'm

@Rhaegar75

Entropy is a strong DOT but personally; I dislike all the pre- attack setup that starts coming with DOTs even for all their buffs. 1v1, you're not going to kill a decent player that has purge. If you're zerging with others, it gets ridiculous anyway.

Speaking of which. If its not a 1v1, and with how I just do Cyrodiil, it almost never is; I actually prefer radiant aura over ele drain for similar reasons. You can miss that penetration, but I find most of the time, my original target melts it the los of his buddies protects him. And it purges off the target where RA doesn't seem to. I run only 1500 recovery so like the gaurantee of magicka steal. I also tend to dive in. If you're ranged, ele probably fits better

Yeah I wasn't running entropy before, but I swapped out Barrage and Purifying Light for entropy and bubble - It's about the same damage wise, less burst but more sustained and the added utility.

I occasionally switch drain for aura but with changes to bubble, it's been easier to split chasing packs apart so drain has been good enough so far, we're only a couple days in mind.
    Edited by BNOC on August 29, 2019 12:46PM

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm

@Rhaegar75

Yep I find the same, ele has nice benefits in 1v1 but other than that it gets purged (by magplars) or in a zerg battle it's not really needed any way.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm

@Rhaegar75

Yeah I wasn't running entropy before, but I swapped out Barrage and Purifying Light for entropy and bubble - It's about the same damage wise, less burst but more sustained and the added utility.

I occasionally switch drain for aura but with changes to bubble, it's been easier to split chasing packs apart so drain has been good enough so far, we're only a couple days in mind.

Can't pass up entropy these days. The damage got buffed and it also now has a sustain helping morph which I think I prefer as of late as it feels like even if I run recovery; it doesnt feel any different from 1500 to 2000 for some reason. Recovery tools seem to be the only thing reliable.

I have a hard time giving up reflective light but I have considered it. Similar to Entropy; its DOT damage is good, you get major prophecy, and it might be the easiest Dawns Wrath ability to keep recasting for minor sorcery and ultimate. To me, living dark is too expensive to do that and I only use it under high pressure moments or to prep for a dive. You could use POTL though but I feel like the damage on RL is more reliable even if its not in a burst.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm

@Rhaegar75

Can't pass up entropy these days. The damage got buffed and it also now has a sustain helping morph which I think I prefer as of late as it feels like even if I run recovery; it doesnt feel any different from 1500 to 2000 for some reason. Recovery tools seem to be the only thing reliable.

I have a hard time giving up reflective light but I have considered it. Similar to Entropy; its DOT damage is good, you get major prophecy, and it might be the easiest Dawns Wrath ability to keep recasting for minor sorcery and ultimate. To me, living dark is too expensive to do that and I only use it under high pressure moments or to prep for a dive. You could use POTL though but I feel like the damage on RL is more reliable even if its not in a burst.

With living dark, you have to use HtD less often which helps sustain any ways. It also allows you to go offensive and still get decent heals . I tend to use it right before I toppling charge onto someone so that if they hit me mid charge they get routed and the charge will definitely hit
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm

@Rhaegar75

Yeah I'm finding keeping LD up in duels and BGs a total doddle but I can see how it wouldn't always be effective in Cyro.

Reflective light is too good for me, ranged spammable and all the perks you said, plus it's doing more per tick than soul trap and entropy did for me (You mentioned a recovery morph which I wasn't aware of, I actually think I still have degeneration as that's what it was when I last had it slotted) so maybe my entropy will tick higher than reflective and I'm just being special because I missed that change, I don't know.

I've not missed POTL a massive amount yet though there has been times where execute or that last pop woulda been beneficial for sure, still a bit to figure out I guess but it looks like I'm basically set for now.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we switch gears and talk about Stamplars for a while? Also, (fighting against) Anyone having issues with the visuals appearing for LD? I get to about half health from desyncs before the visual even encapsulates me.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we switch gears and talk about Stamplars for a while? Also, (fighting against) Anyone having issues with the visuals appearing for LD? I get to about half health from desyncs before the visual even encapsulates me.

Yes I agree the visual should be seperate from unstable core as it's hard to differentiate. I've switched from reflective light to vamps name so I dont accidentally hit someone with living dark on
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I agree the visual should be seperate from unstable core as it's hard to differentiate. I've switched from reflective light to vamps name so I dont accidentally hit someone with living dark on

It's not that I can't distinguish between the visuals, the problem is that there are no visuals at all until after 2-3 seconds of it being applied!
    With 3000303023409283049823094820938409238 debuffs on my tracker in Open World I'm not really looking for LD lol
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same as many skills and not just a living dark problem.. I've lost count to the amount of times I've died to snipe health disyncs
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabs; you on console? Im wondering if the bow ultimate fix went through on your patch. You'll love that desync. But yes; theres delay to a lot of things showing up for visuals.

I would love to talk more stamplar but this patch, magicka with entropy providing even more resource management, albeit slight 100 return on light attack to go along with magicka steal rather than just be another source, penetration that comes with light armor (although, you could use mace as stam) while still also having sprint cost reduction, the pool to make use of toppling charge and ER both, and having a defensive in living dark is just too good.

People say stamplar is fine, but it doesn't really have whats making templar good right now in this meta and I don't see what it offers for playstyle that you cant get with magicka
    Edited by technohic on August 29, 2019 2:46PM
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.

My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?

Just use the gap closer. Basically the best one in the game now. To go along with the best spammable, best heals, best mag sustain....etc.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabs; you on console? Im wondering if the bow ultimate fix went through on your patch. You'll love that desync. But yes; theres delay to a lot of things showing up for visuals.

I would love to talk more stamplar but this patch, magicka with entropy providing even more resource management, albeit slight 100 return on light attack to go along with magicka steal rather than just be another source, penetration that comes with light armor (although, you could use mace as stam) while still also having sprint cost reduction, the pool to make use of toppling charge and ER both, and having a defensive in living dark is just too good.

People say stamplar is fine, but it doesn't really have whats making templar good right now in this meta and I don't see what it offers for playstyle that you cant get with magicka

Yeah, Xbox One. Um, I've seen a few bow ults go off but haven't noticed a desync, so maybe. Also, Entropy really isn't hitting that hard, for me at least nothing I can't outheal with Vigor. Average 5K for like 4-5 ticks?

Stamplar is in a decent spot now that we have AOE CC (Turn Evil) to help with outnumbered pressure. Other than the game performance itself, I am liking Stamplar MUCH more this patch than previous - other than Jabs camera revert. Revert to camera on console made NO sense at all...since we don't have "gamepad mode"
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Minno

You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.

My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?

Just use the gap closer. Basically the best one in the game now. To go along with the best spammable, best heals, best mag sustain....etc.

Omg @irstarkey57 please just get off the forums. You are on a Nerf-Templar rampage!!!! Bro, you need to L2P.

Typical *** reply. Prove me wrong, “bro.”