The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Random but was the aoe to overwhelming made to an actual aoe or is it still a single target aoe?

Should be an AOE DOT now so it hits all targets. I do think it only has a cap of 6 since the resource return is tied to the dmg and they capped that at 6.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    huuuuuuge dilemma. Stamplar in medium or Heavy? I need some suggestions!

a few numbers with bloodspawn as the monster set:
    • 7th + BP (5 Heavy): resistance 34k and 31k, EWP 5100
    • Fortified + Spriggan (5 med): resistance 38&35, EWP 5500
    • spriggan + BP (5 med): resistance 30 & 27, EWP: 5900
    • BP + 7th (5 medium): resistance 30 & 27, EWP 6000

Bp 7th medium
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    huuuuuuge dilemma. Stamplar in medium or Heavy? I need some suggestions!

a few numbers with bloodspawn as the monster set:
    • 7th + BP (5 Heavy): resistance 34k and 31k, EWP 5100
    • Fortified + Spriggan (5 med): resistance 38&35, EWP 5500
    • spriggan + BP (5 med): resistance 30 & 27, EWP: 5900
    • BP + 7th (5 medium): resistance 30 & 27, EWP 6000

Bp 7th medium

agreed.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving living dark. I actually just logged in to try the patch and put bane on instead of barrage and living dark instead of radiant. Been great. Still crafty/ alfiq, bs and protective, lightning /snb.

Jabs is, once again complete shi- vs dodge, expedition, movement in general. Thanks zos.

Im not feeling the protective nerf as much bc of LSD (living super dark), was thinking of trying triune instead.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might just stay with this build, use bane and entropy (not sure how to fit it on my bar yet) and use lingering health pots with triune.
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    I might just stay with this build, use bane and entropy (not sure how to fit it on my bar yet) and use lingering health pots with triune.

now you know why I went infused this patch ;)

Though i removed living dark for blazing shield just to try to get it to work. I might swap it back for open world and for "duels" go blazing.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

now you know why I went infused this patch ;)

Though i removed living dark for blazing shield just to try to get it to work. I might swap it back for open world and for "duels" go blazing.

Lol i already gave a btb in triune, I'll give that a go first.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @No_Division triune/ lady?
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    @No_Division triune/ lady?

i went steed/infused with 2h for more monk flavor. lady is a decent amount of resists, and triune is super efficient amount of stats.

I am still tweaking my build around.
    Options
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running 1 Triune and 2 Protective doesn't feel too different after the nerf. The loss of defile from reverb hurts overall pressure and switching to Toppling hurts mag sustain. A lot of tough choices this patch. And of course now that we are meta we have people coming out of the woodwork to call for nerfs :/
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still leveling up 2handed, it's a drag. Up to 49 now and then I have to morph the ult but looking forward to trying it.

Melee no-cp concept: Alfiq/Transmutation jewelry + resto/Willpower 2H, Blood Spawn.

What's the consensus on magplar 2hander, Greatsword or Maul? Probably greatsword since I have the LA pen already right?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I had a moment yesterday, fighting a mag dk I had swift on and 30k resists but even still as a stage 4 vamp I was getting destroyed. I couldnt out heal the fire dmg coming my way. So I swapped swift for spinners and was able to at least kill the guy couple times, still got beat as well the fire dmg is unreal as stage 4 vamp, it's not even worth running defensive sets as does nothing, also strategically place total dark (no update on xbox yet) helps against dks alot

I'm not sure how anyone runs vamp anymore I mostly see people hiding in ball groups misting around.
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Still leveling up 2handed, it's a drag. Up to 49 now and then I have to morph the ult but looking forward to trying it.

Melee no-cp concept: Alfiq/Transmutation jewelry + resto/Willpower 2H, Blood Spawn.

What's the consensus on magplar 2hander, Greatsword or Maul? Probably greatsword since I have the LA pen already right?

I belive greatsword is the go to since it increases all damage and mauls only increase physical penn
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I had a moment yesterday, fighting a mag dk I had swift on and 30k resists but even still as a stage 4 vamp I was getting destroyed. I couldnt out heal the fire dmg coming my way. So I swapped swift for spinners and was able to at least kill the guy couple times, still got beat as well the fire dmg is unreal as stage 4 vamp, it's not even worth running defensive sets as does nothing, also strategically place total dark (no update on xbox yet) helps against dks alot

I'm not sure how anyone runs vamp anymore I mostly see people hiding in ball groups misting around.
    Kartalin wrote: »

I belive greatsword is the go to since it increases all damage and mauls only increase physical penn

if you read the tooltip, maul only impacts physical based dmg. Though tooltips were known to be wrong and it could boost all pen due to a bug (if someone tests it). Like how old templar players used to use bow backbar on magplar, but never told us why lol.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me your input please:

Option 1. Option 2. Option 3.
    Magicka 39257 40819 40819
    Health 24372 26146 26146
    Stamina 12350 13912 13912
    Spell dmg 2538 2538 2329
    Mag reg 2036 2036 1931
    Spell res 26708 23180 25987
    Phys res 24015 20487 23294

All other stats are identical
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on August 27, 2019 4:12PM
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That didn't show up like i had planned

Also, option 3 has the flexibility to go higher spell dmg at the cost of regen via glyphs
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on August 27, 2019 4:08PM
    Options
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    Maul passive applies only to phys resistance.
    Options
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    That didn't show up like i had planned

Also, option 3 has the flexibility to go higher spell dmg at the cost of regen via glyphs

option 2, it was the best mix between option 1 and option 3.

Option 1.
    Magicka 39257
    Health 24372
    Stamina 12350
    Spell dmg 2538
    Mag reg 2036
    Spell res 26708
    Phys res 24015

Option 2
    Magicka 40819
    Health 26146
    Stamina 13912
    Spell dmg 2538
    Mag reg 2036
    Spell res 23180
    Phys res 20487

Option 3.
    Magicka 40819
    Health 26146
    Stamina 13912
    Spell dmg 2329
    Mag reg 1931
    Spell res 25987
    Phys res 23294
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://imgur.com/gallery/xDJcYTa

Might be easier to view the options
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option 2 is simply triune. 3 is triune with lady.
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doh, yeah should have remembered that about maul. Shame the penetration doesn't apply to all resistances, but it doesn't matter that much the way it would stack plus using 2h ultimate.

Good thing I already golded and trait-changed my greatsword of willpower lol.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you a jabs magplar? If so you're over sustaining quite a bit. For me 1700 magicka recovery is enough for jabs magplars.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone's thoughts on Swift set vs Pr

Where is this magical land that you can get away with <14k stam? Cause on Xbox 30day cp openworld thats like the lowest amount I ever run. I speak purely on 1vX, but between the stun locks, blocking, increase cost poison abuse, etc that goes on less then 14k stam is a death sentence. Granted its probably my playstyle, but even when I try to run low stam builds I always seem to gas and die to a stun.

Oh, to answer you question Im like 2 & 3.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random but was the aoe to overwhelming made to an actual aoe or is it still a single target aoe?

Should be an AOE DOT now so it hits all targets. I do think it only has a cap of 6 since the resource return is tied to the dmg and they capped that at 6.

Oh it’s better that way then if that’s the case.

Like how old templar players used to use bow backbar on magplar, but never told us why lol.

I only remember back barring it for the mobility passive.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who here is high elf and who is breton
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can a breton in light armour tell me cost of magplar skills now please, I'm high elf , wanna see if it's worth the change for pvp?
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Anyone's thoughts on Swift set vs Pr

Where is this magical land that you can get away with <14k stam? Cause on Xbox 30day cp openworld thats like the lowest amount I ever run. I speak purely on 1vX, but between the stun locks, blocking, increase cost poison abuse, etc that goes on less then 14k stam is a death sentence. Granted its probably my playstyle, but even when I try to run low stam builds I always seem to gas and die to a stun.

Oh, to answer you question Im like 2 & 3.

I run bs/ high elf/ snb. Plus im "experienced".
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on August 27, 2019 6:45PM
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »

Are you a jabs magplar? If so you're over sustaining quite a bit. For me 1700 magicka recovery is enough for jabs magplars.

This was right after logging in playing in small group so i actually had atro on for the first 2, and thre 2nd 2 actual had a recovery glyph on. This isn't my final stats. Just getting a feel for it.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do multiple entropy hots stack?
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good question, I thought they did bit not entirely sure
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes they do.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options