Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 16
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    @Minno

    You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

    Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

    And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

    I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.


    My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?

    Just use the gap closer. Basically the best one in the game now. To go along with the best spammable, best heals, best mag sustain....etc.

    Omg @irstarkey57 please just get off the forums. You are on a Nerf-Templar rampage!!!! Bro, you need to L2P.

    Is this that "4 year experience magdk" from the other posts?

    I play all classes. Flawless Conqueror on ea as a benchmark.

    Why do you keep talking about PvE in PvP threads? No relevance.

    I was doing 580k runs, chasing PC rank 1 in 2016, so what?


    Should be @isaturkey57. There'd be no issue in carving you up lad.
    Not that smart huh? The point was to weed out people commenting on L2P. I don’t claim to the best at it. I just claim to have some knowledge of the game. That is literally it. Not sure what your problem is.

    PvE and PvP are unrelated for the most part but alright.
    BNOC wrote: »
    Akinos wrote: »
    @Minno

    You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

    Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

    And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

    I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.


    My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?

    Just use the gap closer. Basically the best one in the game now. To go along with the best spammable, best heals, best mag sustain....etc.

    Templars have a good spammable yes, it's also the only spammable that requires manual aim.
    Vigor is still a better heal then BoL/HTD because it lets you go offensive while getting healed and it doesn't require a certain weapon to use like rapid regen does. Best sustain? Pretty sure thats still magsorc and magblade. Dark deal and passive 15% to all regen is nothing terrible.

    Don't worry, we already packed up his misguided opinion in another thread.

    We? Look, if you guys think there is a stronger class in pvp right, you are feel free to leave me to my misguided opinions in saying that I think you are mistaken. Pack my opinions up or do whatever weirdness you want....lol I don’t even know. Guessing Xbox players...

    I wasn't the only one that replied to your Magdk vs Templar nonsense on the other post, hence 'we'.

    The reason I don't leave you to it is that you're the problem, people like you are the problem - You read some complaints and jump on the bandwagon about how OP Templar is, but what you're actually doing with these misguided posts is getting more fotm chasers excited enough to jump on a class you say you can't handle, thus more complaining will ensue. It's a recursive loop and you're aiding it's continuation.

    So you can't handle Templars this patch, big deal; everyone experiences that - You don't need to make stuff up to put that poin across.

    I didn’t make one thing up. Where are you getting this from? What did I make up? I also play magplar, and every other class. Depends on which one of my 18 toons I feel like playing that day. I don’t think it is balanced gameplay, in a super strong single target dot meta to have a class be able to not only heal out of them stronger than any other class, but to be able to simply just cleanse them. Yes they have always had a cleanse that is just plain strong as is, but in a meta where degeneration, soul trap, and single target dots run rampant; magplars get a huge indirect buff because they can simply cleanse them. On top of that, the eclipse skill has zero counter play unless you would like to slow, stun, and immobilize yourself while healing the caster. So for you or anyone else to argue that is balanced, I’m here to say No, it is not. Not sure what it is like on Xbox but BG’s on PCNA atm are all Templars and magsorcs. Pretty obvious why IMO.

    Are you lining up your burst? The heal on eclipse isn't what you're making it out to be. It's a heal that requires you to take direct damage to occur at 4.3k magicka. You can't use it effectively while kiting (although it still makes kiting easier bc of the root). It helps someone survive pressure sure, but a good burst combo (which nearly every zergling has strayed from bc they see big tool tips) will put a templar down still.

    If you're saying the skill does too much, you could make a case, but there are tons of skills that do just as much at that cost and are less situational. It has the potential to do nothing. It's a situational spell, that's very good for its purpose. Again, there are tons of skills like this. People are just having a problem with it bc they're building to play what it's effective at countering (zerglings).

    How would you tone it down? You're mentioning 2 skills, cleanse and living dark, that cost 8k to cast.

    If you're only attacks are dots and light attacks (zergling) of course you're getting beat. Every class can handle this meta. If youre upset bc the class that's built to handle dots better than the others is effective at handling dots, I'm not sure what to tell you.

    Well I mostly main a magdk like I said do lining up my burst basically consists of casting ele drain, degen, consuming trap, and burning embers on the target, hope they don’t all get purged from ritual, and then fossilize/leap combo. Now if they have a bubble on them or me that obviously makes it a little harder. To answer your question, I do know how to line up my burst combos.

    Not sure if serious, or trolling...

    If you would like to be a little more specific I’d be happy to answer and/or explain my thoughts on the subject though I feel like I have done so somewhat thoroughly already. But like I said, let me know which part you think I’m trolling. If you are just waiting to type L2P like others then....we’ll...I guess we would know who is trolling.
    Cheers

    Specific? Honestly that is a terrible combination IMO. You should have either a flexible CC and/or spammable instead of running to a DoT. The block key does exist, and its obvious when someone will use their ult, especially DKs since its tied to sustain. You will either use it once my HP drops with the intent of killing me, or every once in a while because your stamina/mag getting low or at an uncomfortable level (in other words, its predictable and that is one of DK's major weaknesses IMO). If you cannot finish them off once they block you ult, how exactly will you ever kill them once your trick has been seen once?

    You rely too heavily on the DoT meta and expect to cheese things, but the reality is that most experienced players (and the ones that have gotten used to this meta) will not sweat from that combination on any class, not just templar.

    Any player that has faced a DK would and should always be prepared to break free from petrify (even twice in a row :D) and block or blockcast a stun/heal on you when their hp is down. It's honestly why I don't slot petrify. It's useless vs. anyone that can play the game and lets them reliably counter burst, unless it bugs them out.

    Hmm...yeah, no, just nerf templar...
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    @Minno

    You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

    Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

    And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

    I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.


    My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?

    Just use the gap closer. Basically the best one in the game now. To go along with the best spammable, best heals, best mag sustain....etc.

    Omg @irstarkey57 please just get off the forums. You are on a Nerf-Templar rampage!!!! Bro, you need to L2P.

    Is this that "4 year experience magdk" from the other posts?

    I play all classes. Flawless Conqueror on ea as a benchmark.

    Why do you keep talking about PvE in PvP threads? No relevance.

    I was doing 580k runs, chasing PC rank 1 in 2016, so what?


    Should be @isaturkey57. There'd be no issue in carving you up lad.
    Not that smart huh? The point was to weed out people commenting on L2P. I don’t claim to the best at it. I just claim to have some knowledge of the game. That is literally it. Not sure what your problem is.

    PvE and PvP are unrelated for the most part but alright.
    BNOC wrote: »
    Akinos wrote: »
    @Minno

    You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

    Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

    And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

    I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.


    My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?

    Just use the gap closer. Basically the best one in the game now. To go along with the best spammable, best heals, best mag sustain....etc.

    Templars have a good spammable yes, it's also the only spammable that requires manual aim.
    Vigor is still a better heal then BoL/HTD because it lets you go offensive while getting healed and it doesn't require a certain weapon to use like rapid regen does. Best sustain? Pretty sure thats still magsorc and magblade. Dark deal and passive 15% to all regen is nothing terrible.

    Don't worry, we already packed up his misguided opinion in another thread.

    We? Look, if you guys think there is a stronger class in pvp right, you are feel free to leave me to my misguided opinions in saying that I think you are mistaken. Pack my opinions up or do whatever weirdness you want....lol I don’t even know. Guessing Xbox players...

    I wasn't the only one that replied to your Magdk vs Templar nonsense on the other post, hence 'we'.

    The reason I don't leave you to it is that you're the problem, people like you are the problem - You read some complaints and jump on the bandwagon about how OP Templar is, but what you're actually doing with these misguided posts is getting more fotm chasers excited enough to jump on a class you say you can't handle, thus more complaining will ensue. It's a recursive loop and you're aiding it's continuation.

    So you can't handle Templars this patch, big deal; everyone experiences that - You don't need to make stuff up to put that poin across.

    I didn’t make one thing up. Where are you getting this from? What did I make up? I also play magplar, and every other class. Depends on which one of my 18 toons I feel like playing that day. I don’t think it is balanced gameplay, in a super strong single target dot meta to have a class be able to not only heal out of them stronger than any other class, but to be able to simply just cleanse them. Yes they have always had a cleanse that is just plain strong as is, but in a meta where degeneration, soul trap, and single target dots run rampant; magplars get a huge indirect buff because they can simply cleanse them. On top of that, the eclipse skill has zero counter play unless you would like to slow, stun, and immobilize yourself while healing the caster. So for you or anyone else to argue that is balanced, I’m here to say No, it is not. Not sure what it is like on Xbox but BG’s on PCNA atm are all Templars and magsorcs. Pretty obvious why IMO.

    Are you lining up your burst? The heal on eclipse isn't what you're making it out to be. It's a heal that requires you to take direct damage to occur at 4.3k magicka. You can't use it effectively while kiting (although it still makes kiting easier bc of the root). It helps someone survive pressure sure, but a good burst combo (which nearly every zergling has strayed from bc they see big tool tips) will put a templar down still.

    If you're saying the skill does too much, you could make a case, but there are tons of skills that do just as much at that cost and are less situational. It has the potential to do nothing. It's a situational spell, that's very good for its purpose. Again, there are tons of skills like this. People are just having a problem with it bc they're building to play what it's effective at countering (zerglings).

    How would you tone it down? You're mentioning 2 skills, cleanse and living dark, that cost 8k to cast.

    If you're only attacks are dots and light attacks (zergling) of course you're getting beat. Every class can handle this meta. If youre upset bc the class that's built to handle dots better than the others is effective at handling dots, I'm not sure what to tell you.

    Well I mostly main a magdk like I said do lining up my burst basically consists of casting ele drain, degen, consuming trap, and burning embers on the target, hope they don’t all get purged from ritual, and then fossilize/leap combo. Now if they have a bubble on them or me that obviously makes it a little harder. To answer your question, I do know how to line up my burst combos.

    Not sure if serious, or trolling...

    If you would like to be a little more specific I’d be happy to answer and/or explain my thoughts on the subject though I feel like I have done so somewhat thoroughly already. But like I said, let me know which part you think I’m trolling. If you are just waiting to type L2P like others then....we’ll...I guess we would know who is trolling.
    Cheers

    Specific? Honestly that is a terrible combination IMO. You should have either a flexible CC and/or spammable instead of running to a DoT. The block key does exist, and its obvious when someone will use their ult, especially DKs since its tied to sustain. You will either use it once my HP drops with the intent of killing me, or every once in a while because your stamina/mag getting low or at an uncomfortable level (in other words, its predictable and that is one of DK's major weaknesses IMO). If you cannot finish them off once they block you ult, how exactly will you ever kill them once your trick has been seen once?

    You rely too heavily on the DoT meta and expect to cheese things, but the reality is that most experienced players (and the ones that have gotten used to this meta) will not sweat from that combination on any class, not just templar.

    Any player that has faced a DK would and should always be prepared to break free from petrify (even twice in a row :D) and block or blockcast a stun/heal on you when their hp is down. It's honestly why I don't slot petrify. It's useless vs. anyone that can play the game and lets them reliably counter burst, unless it bugs them out.

    Hmm...yeah, no, just nerf templar...

    Lol this sounds like nonsense too. A magdk without petrify? Tf are you taking about. What you're saying about being ccd is true for every other cc in the game, not only petrify.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    @Minno

    You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

    Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

    And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

    I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.


    My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?

    Just use the gap closer. Basically the best one in the game now. To go along with the best spammable, best heals, best mag sustain....etc.

    Omg @irstarkey57 please just get off the forums. You are on a Nerf-Templar rampage!!!! Bro, you need to L2P.

    Is this that "4 year experience magdk" from the other posts?

    I play all classes. Flawless Conqueror on ea as a benchmark.

    Why do you keep talking about PvE in PvP threads? No relevance.

    I was doing 580k runs, chasing PC rank 1 in 2016, so what?


    Should be @isaturkey57. There'd be no issue in carving you up lad.
    Not that smart huh? The point was to weed out people commenting on L2P. I don’t claim to the best at it. I just claim to have some knowledge of the game. That is literally it. Not sure what your problem is.

    PvE and PvP are unrelated for the most part but alright.
    BNOC wrote: »
    Akinos wrote: »
    @Minno

    You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

    Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

    And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

    I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.


    My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?

    Just use the gap closer. Basically the best one in the game now. To go along with the best spammable, best heals, best mag sustain....etc.

    Templars have a good spammable yes, it's also the only spammable that requires manual aim.
    Vigor is still a better heal then BoL/HTD because it lets you go offensive while getting healed and it doesn't require a certain weapon to use like rapid regen does. Best sustain? Pretty sure thats still magsorc and magblade. Dark deal and passive 15% to all regen is nothing terrible.

    Don't worry, we already packed up his misguided opinion in another thread.

    We? Look, if you guys think there is a stronger class in pvp right, you are feel free to leave me to my misguided opinions in saying that I think you are mistaken. Pack my opinions up or do whatever weirdness you want....lol I don’t even know. Guessing Xbox players...

    I wasn't the only one that replied to your Magdk vs Templar nonsense on the other post, hence 'we'.

    The reason I don't leave you to it is that you're the problem, people like you are the problem - You read some complaints and jump on the bandwagon about how OP Templar is, but what you're actually doing with these misguided posts is getting more fotm chasers excited enough to jump on a class you say you can't handle, thus more complaining will ensue. It's a recursive loop and you're aiding it's continuation.

    So you can't handle Templars this patch, big deal; everyone experiences that - You don't need to make stuff up to put that poin across.

    I didn’t make one thing up. Where are you getting this from? What did I make up? I also play magplar, and every other class. Depends on which one of my 18 toons I feel like playing that day. I don’t think it is balanced gameplay, in a super strong single target dot meta to have a class be able to not only heal out of them stronger than any other class, but to be able to simply just cleanse them. Yes they have always had a cleanse that is just plain strong as is, but in a meta where degeneration, soul trap, and single target dots run rampant; magplars get a huge indirect buff because they can simply cleanse them. On top of that, the eclipse skill has zero counter play unless you would like to slow, stun, and immobilize yourself while healing the caster. So for you or anyone else to argue that is balanced, I’m here to say No, it is not. Not sure what it is like on Xbox but BG’s on PCNA atm are all Templars and magsorcs. Pretty obvious why IMO.

    Are you lining up your burst? The heal on eclipse isn't what you're making it out to be. It's a heal that requires you to take direct damage to occur at 4.3k magicka. You can't use it effectively while kiting (although it still makes kiting easier bc of the root). It helps someone survive pressure sure, but a good burst combo (which nearly every zergling has strayed from bc they see big tool tips) will put a templar down still.

    If you're saying the skill does too much, you could make a case, but there are tons of skills that do just as much at that cost and are less situational. It has the potential to do nothing. It's a situational spell, that's very good for its purpose. Again, there are tons of skills like this. People are just having a problem with it bc they're building to play what it's effective at countering (zerglings).

    How would you tone it down? You're mentioning 2 skills, cleanse and living dark, that cost 8k to cast.

    If you're only attacks are dots and light attacks (zergling) of course you're getting beat. Every class can handle this meta. If youre upset bc the class that's built to handle dots better than the others is effective at handling dots, I'm not sure what to tell you.

    Well I mostly main a magdk like I said do lining up my burst basically consists of casting ele drain, degen, consuming trap, and burning embers on the target, hope they don’t all get purged from ritual, and then fossilize/leap combo. Now if they have a bubble on them or me that obviously makes it a little harder. To answer your question, I do know how to line up my burst combos.

    Not sure if serious, or trolling...

    If you would like to be a little more specific I’d be happy to answer and/or explain my thoughts on the subject though I feel like I have done so somewhat thoroughly already. But like I said, let me know which part you think I’m trolling. If you are just waiting to type L2P like others then....we’ll...I guess we would know who is trolling.
    Cheers

    Specific? Honestly that is a terrible combination IMO. You should have either a flexible CC and/or spammable instead of running to a DoT. The block key does exist, and its obvious when someone will use their ult, especially DKs since its tied to sustain. You will either use it once my HP drops with the intent of killing me, or every once in a while because your stamina/mag getting low or at an uncomfortable level (in other words, its predictable and that is one of DK's major weaknesses IMO). If you cannot finish them off once they block you ult, how exactly will you ever kill them once your trick has been seen once?

    You rely too heavily on the DoT meta and expect to cheese things, but the reality is that most experienced players (and the ones that have gotten used to this meta) will not sweat from that combination on any class, not just templar.

    Any player that has faced a DK would and should always be prepared to break free from petrify (even twice in a row :D) and block or blockcast a stun/heal on you when their hp is down. It's honestly why I don't slot petrify. It's useless vs. anyone that can play the game and lets them reliably counter burst, unless it bugs them out.

    Hmm...yeah, no, just nerf templar...

    Lol this sounds like nonsense too. A magdk without petrify? Tf are you taking about. What you're saying about being ccd is true for every other cc in the game, not only petrify.

    I don't slot it on my DK ;) In fact, I don't slot living dark/eclipse on my templar either and never will until either of those skills are balanced in my opinion. I also have never slotted wings. Shocking isn't it? The reason is exactly as listed above. Also, I don't like the range or targeting mechanism on petrify (like when its blacked out even though the enemy does not have CC immunity). I'd rather slot obsidian shard, because even if the heal from it is delayed I can also help my teammates in a BG and can stun the opponent, plus works reliably and heals nearly as great as BoL does. Petrify only advantage is going through block and roll, both of which I don't care about because blocking and rolling means they had to stop attacking anyway and I can heal with coag blood + HoTs. That's the actual goal anyway, because no one good is going to be finished by petrify unless they cannot break free with full stam. I don't know about you, but I don't like cheap wins crutching on bugs and broken skills).

    The truth is a single skill does not and should not be relied on at any point in the game, but many players don't realize that and that generates bad behaviors that make them food for anyone that has a functioning brain. When I see someone petrify, I always break free instantly and block instead of rolling. In fact the combo he is talking about has and will never kill me unless the player has a huge zerg behind them, otherwise they better be prepared because they will take damage too.

    Not to mention the fact that he only named those few offensive skills means his build probably tilts more towards defense and not sustain or damage, otherwise he would have space for a spammable in there in case his leap got blocked. I'm not sure if he does or does not, but he didn't mention it so I would guess he has defensive skills like wings ( :D ) in place of offensive ones.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    @Minno

    You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

    Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

    And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

    I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.


    My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?

    Just use the gap closer. Basically the best one in the game now. To go along with the best spammable, best heals, best mag sustain....etc.

    Omg @irstarkey57 please just get off the forums. You are on a Nerf-Templar rampage!!!! Bro, you need to L2P.

    Is this that "4 year experience magdk" from the other posts?

    I play all classes. Flawless Conqueror on ea as a benchmark.

    Why do you keep talking about PvE in PvP threads? No relevance.

    I was doing 580k runs, chasing PC rank 1 in 2016, so what?


    Should be @isaturkey57. There'd be no issue in carving you up lad.
    Not that smart huh? The point was to weed out people commenting on L2P. I don’t claim to the best at it. I just claim to have some knowledge of the game. That is literally it. Not sure what your problem is.

    PvE and PvP are unrelated for the most part but alright.
    BNOC wrote: »
    Akinos wrote: »
    @Minno

    You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

    Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

    And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

    I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.


    My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?

    Just use the gap closer. Basically the best one in the game now. To go along with the best spammable, best heals, best mag sustain....etc.

    Templars have a good spammable yes, it's also the only spammable that requires manual aim.
    Vigor is still a better heal then BoL/HTD because it lets you go offensive while getting healed and it doesn't require a certain weapon to use like rapid regen does. Best sustain? Pretty sure thats still magsorc and magblade. Dark deal and passive 15% to all regen is nothing terrible.

    Don't worry, we already packed up his misguided opinion in another thread.

    We? Look, if you guys think there is a stronger class in pvp right, you are feel free to leave me to my misguided opinions in saying that I think you are mistaken. Pack my opinions up or do whatever weirdness you want....lol I don’t even know. Guessing Xbox players...

    I wasn't the only one that replied to your Magdk vs Templar nonsense on the other post, hence 'we'.

    The reason I don't leave you to it is that you're the problem, people like you are the problem - You read some complaints and jump on the bandwagon about how OP Templar is, but what you're actually doing with these misguided posts is getting more fotm chasers excited enough to jump on a class you say you can't handle, thus more complaining will ensue. It's a recursive loop and you're aiding it's continuation.

    So you can't handle Templars this patch, big deal; everyone experiences that - You don't need to make stuff up to put that poin across.

    I didn’t make one thing up. Where are you getting this from? What did I make up? I also play magplar, and every other class. Depends on which one of my 18 toons I feel like playing that day. I don’t think it is balanced gameplay, in a super strong single target dot meta to have a class be able to not only heal out of them stronger than any other class, but to be able to simply just cleanse them. Yes they have always had a cleanse that is just plain strong as is, but in a meta where degeneration, soul trap, and single target dots run rampant; magplars get a huge indirect buff because they can simply cleanse them. On top of that, the eclipse skill has zero counter play unless you would like to slow, stun, and immobilize yourself while healing the caster. So for you or anyone else to argue that is balanced, I’m here to say No, it is not. Not sure what it is like on Xbox but BG’s on PCNA atm are all Templars and magsorcs. Pretty obvious why IMO.

    Are you lining up your burst? The heal on eclipse isn't what you're making it out to be. It's a heal that requires you to take direct damage to occur at 4.3k magicka. You can't use it effectively while kiting (although it still makes kiting easier bc of the root). It helps someone survive pressure sure, but a good burst combo (which nearly every zergling has strayed from bc they see big tool tips) will put a templar down still.

    If you're saying the skill does too much, you could make a case, but there are tons of skills that do just as much at that cost and are less situational. It has the potential to do nothing. It's a situational spell, that's very good for its purpose. Again, there are tons of skills like this. People are just having a problem with it bc they're building to play what it's effective at countering (zerglings).

    How would you tone it down? You're mentioning 2 skills, cleanse and living dark, that cost 8k to cast.

    If you're only attacks are dots and light attacks (zergling) of course you're getting beat. Every class can handle this meta. If youre upset bc the class that's built to handle dots better than the others is effective at handling dots, I'm not sure what to tell you.

    Well I mostly main a magdk like I said do lining up my burst basically consists of casting ele drain, degen, consuming trap, and burning embers on the target, hope they don’t all get purged from ritual, and then fossilize/leap combo. Now if they have a bubble on them or me that obviously makes it a little harder. To answer your question, I do know how to line up my burst combos.

    Not sure if serious, or trolling...

    If you would like to be a little more specific I’d be happy to answer and/or explain my thoughts on the subject though I feel like I have done so somewhat thoroughly already. But like I said, let me know which part you think I’m trolling. If you are just waiting to type L2P like others then....we’ll...I guess we would know who is trolling.
    Cheers

    Specific? Honestly that is a terrible combination IMO. You should have either a flexible CC and/or spammable instead of running to a DoT. The block key does exist, and its obvious when someone will use their ult, especially DKs since its tied to sustain. You will either use it once my HP drops with the intent of killing me, or every once in a while because your stamina/mag getting low or at an uncomfortable level (in other words, its predictable and that is one of DK's major weaknesses IMO). If you cannot finish them off once they block you ult, how exactly will you ever kill them once your trick has been seen once?

    You rely too heavily on the DoT meta and expect to cheese things, but the reality is that most experienced players (and the ones that have gotten used to this meta) will not sweat from that combination on any class, not just templar.

    Any player that has faced a DK would and should always be prepared to break free from petrify (even twice in a row :D) and block or blockcast a stun/heal on you when their hp is down. It's honestly why I don't slot petrify. It's useless vs. anyone that can play the game and lets them reliably counter burst, unless it bugs them out.

    Hmm...yeah, no, just nerf templar...

    Lol this sounds like nonsense too. A magdk without petrify? Tf are you taking about. What you're saying about being ccd is true for every other cc in the game, not only petrify.

    I don't slot it on my DK ;) In fact, I don't slot living dark/eclipse on my templar either and never will until either of those skills are balanced in my opinion. I also have never slotted wings. Shocking isn't it? The reason is exactly as listed above. Also, I don't like the range or targeting mechanism on petrify (like when its blacked out even though the enemy does not have CC immunity). I'd rather slot obsidian shard, because even if the heal from it is delayed I can also help my teammates in a BG and can stun the opponent, plus works reliably and heals nearly as great as BoL does. Petrify only advantage is going through block and roll, both of which I don't care about because blocking and rolling means they had to stop attacking anyway and I can heal with coag blood + HoTs. That's the actual goal anyway, because no one good is going to be finished by petrify unless they cannot break free with full stam. I don't know about you, but I don't like cheap wins crutching on bugs and broken skills).

    The truth is a single skill does not and should not be relied on at any point in the game, but many players don't realize that and that generates bad behaviors that make them food for anyone that has a functioning brain. When I see someone petrify, I always break free instantly and block instead of rolling. In fact the combo he is talking about has and will never kill me unless the player has a huge zerg behind them, otherwise they better be prepared because they will take damage too.

    Not to mention the fact that he only named those few offensive skills means his build probably tilts more towards defense and not sustain or damage, otherwise he would have space for a spammable in there in case his leap got blocked. I'm not sure if he does or does not, but he didn't mention it so I would guess he has defensive skills like wings ( :D ) in place of offensive ones.

    Ok
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭
    While I am enjoying Templar this patch after several years of Templar nerfs, and just being middle of the road/sludgy most of the time, I am not sold on the overall patch. It is a tad irksome to have people who pull out old Templar and stack spellpower, and hide in big groups and brag about their tool tips...and makes me feel that this new meta will ruin small scaling--though I have a had a few good fights and seens some great videos, it has been few and far between. I also fear Templar will be nerfed to the ground. So many people calling for so many dif nerfs to Templar, including our cleanse.

    Already several of my friends have quit between this patch and the crash issues on PC NA. These are people who are at the top of their class, is ZOS just trying to get rid of small scalers and 1vXers? Eh sorry just feeling meloncholy about so many people leaving.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~


  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hexquisite wrote: »
    While I am enjoying Templar this patch after several years of Templar nerfs, and just being middle of the road/sludgy most of the time, I am not sold on the overall patch. It is a tad irksome to have people who pull out old Templar and stack spellpower, and hide in big groups and brag about their tool tips...and makes me feel that this new meta will ruin small scaling--though I have a had a few good fights and seens some great videos, it has been few and far between. I also fear Templar will be nerfed to the ground. So many people calling for so many dif nerfs to Templar, including our cleanse.

    Already several of my friends have quit between this patch and the crash issues on PC NA. These are people who are at the top of their class, is ZOS just trying to get rid of small scalers and 1vXers? Eh sorry just feeling meloncholy about so many people leaving.

    Xing and small scale is alive and well. Sacrifice a little, coordinate, you'll be fine. With 2 mag 1 stam, all you need to do is slot radiating regen, you already have ritual, have your other mag run illustrious, stam using echoing and tk. That's 4 hots per person each ticking for 1 gcd. With a good choke, you'll be on the offensive immediately vs the zerglings.

    Or just go ham on your solo builds with your friends, that's what we do.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So Stamplars. (The few that come here). If you have only a spot for 1; do you go meditate or repentance?

    Working on my stamplar build again even though I've probably been playing better on my magplar than ever before in anything but I just cant sit still. I get bored. Im leaning meditate to support my consumption of ER, but it kind of requires brief LOS, but then again, it doesn't require a corpse...
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    So Stamplars. (The few that come here). If you have only a spot for 1; do you go meditate or repentance?

    Working on my stamplar build again even though I've probably been playing better on my magplar than ever before in anything but I just cant sit still. I get bored. Im leaning meditate to support my consumption of ER, but it kind of requires brief LOS, but then again, it doesn't require a corpse...

    Personally I went repent, though i did swap it out for shuffle
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll tell you what, since alot of the meta hoppers have been hopping on Magplar, Ive noticed people running elude. Between that and the camera change, jabs aint feeling so hot.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    So Stamplars. (The few that come here). If you have only a spot for 1; do you go meditate or repentance?

    Working on my stamplar build again even though I've probably been playing better on my magplar than ever before in anything but I just cant sit still. I get bored. Im leaning meditate to support my consumption of ER, but it kind of requires brief LOS, but then again, it doesn't require a corpse...

    I run bow backbar in medium.
    Poison Inject, Rune Focus, ER, Vigor, Shuffle

    I have tossed back and forth between Bow and DW and found that Bow gives better DPS, better mobility and ranged options. Between the Snare Removal and 5sec Immunity from Shuffle and Expedition from dodge roll it's a better solution.
    While infused with weapon dmg glyph you can easily proc it from PI.

    Front bar always 2h because the passives are too good to give up IMO. 30% regen on kills, extra damage after full heavy attack (use before ULT). Not to mention best source for burst heal and Brutality.
    Do not use Onslaught if your main spammable is Jabs because Jabs is not affected by the ults penetration (only works for direct damage). If you run onslaught, use it to boost executioner damage only.
    Recently swapped javelin for turn evil. Soo awesome for small scale or 1vX because it gives passive weapon damage from guild skill line and is AOE CC.

    Just my 2 cents
    Xbox One X - NA
    CP 910+


    ~Mains~
    Jabs Giggity - Stamplar
    Fap to my Sweeps - Magplar
    George W AmBush - Stamblade

    ~Alts~
    I Got Electrolytes - Magsorc
    Rhaegeon - MagDK
    Covetous Shen - Magblade - Master Crafter
    Cream Pie Jewelz - Stamden
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    So Stamplars. (The few that come here). If you have only a spot for 1; do you go meditate or repentance?

    Working on my stamplar build again even though I've probably been playing better on my magplar than ever before in anything but I just cant sit still. I get bored. Im leaning meditate to support my consumption of ER, but it kind of requires brief LOS, but then again, it doesn't require a corpse...

    I run bow backbar in medium.
    Poison Inject, Rune Focus, ER, Vigor, Shuffle

    I have tossed back and forth between Bow and DW and found that Bow gives better DPS, better mobility and ranged options. Between the Snare Removal and 5sec Immunity from Shuffle and Expedition from dodge roll it's a better solution.
    While infused with weapon dmg glyph you can easily proc it from PI.

    Front bar always 2h because the passives are too good to give up IMO. 30% regen on kills, extra damage after full heavy attack (use before ULT). Not to mention best source for burst heal and Brutality.
    Do not use Onslaught if your main spammable is Jabs because Jabs is not affected by the ults penetration (only works for direct damage). If you run onslaught, use it to boost executioner damage only.
    Recently swapped javelin for turn evil. Soo awesome for small scale or 1vX because it gives passive weapon damage from guild skill line and is AOE CC.

    Just my 2 cents

    We had someone on here or the feedback thread test as early versions of onslaught in PTS had it on direct damage and channeled attacks, and they found that it is applying to jabs, just doesnt have the wording any more.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    So Stamplars. (The few that come here). If you have only a spot for 1; do you go meditate or repentance?

    Working on my stamplar build again even though I've probably been playing better on my magplar than ever before in anything but I just cant sit still. I get bored. Im leaning meditate to support my consumption of ER, but it kind of requires brief LOS, but then again, it doesn't require a corpse...

    I run bow backbar in medium.
    Poison Inject, Rune Focus, ER, Vigor, Shuffle

    I have tossed back and forth between Bow and DW and found that Bow gives better DPS, better mobility and ranged options. Between the Snare Removal and 5sec Immunity from Shuffle and Expedition from dodge roll it's a better solution.
    While infused with weapon dmg glyph you can easily proc it from PI.

    Front bar always 2h because the passives are too good to give up IMO. 30% regen on kills, extra damage after full heavy attack (use before ULT). Not to mention best source for burst heal and Brutality.
    Do not use Onslaught if your main spammable is Jabs because Jabs is not affected by the ults penetration (only works for direct damage). If you run onslaught, use it to boost executioner damage only.
    Recently swapped javelin for turn evil. Soo awesome for small scale or 1vX because it gives passive weapon damage from guild skill line and is AOE CC.

    Just my 2 cents

    We had someone on here or the feedback thread test as early versions of onslaught in PTS had it on direct damage and channeled attacks, and they found that it is applying to jabs, just doesnt have the wording any more.

    Interesting. I've seen a lot of magplar coupling it with Sweeps, but I haven't noticed the difference myself with Jabs. IMO Dawnbreaker is still outperforming on Stamplar.

    Honestly, I have been enjoying Melee Magblade lately. Sad times to give up on my main...Templar in general has just been so laggy to play that its unbearable.
    Xbox One X - NA
    CP 910+


    ~Mains~
    Jabs Giggity - Stamplar
    Fap to my Sweeps - Magplar
    George W AmBush - Stamblade

    ~Alts~
    I Got Electrolytes - Magsorc
    Rhaegeon - MagDK
    Covetous Shen - Magblade - Master Crafter
    Cream Pie Jewelz - Stamden
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭

    Interesting. I've seen a lot of magplar coupling it with Sweeps, but I haven't noticed the difference myself with Jabs. IMO Dawnbreaker is still outperforming on Stamplar.

    Honestly, I have been enjoying Melee Magblade lately. Sad times to give up on my main...Templar in general has just been so laggy to play that its unbearable.

    Confirmed on Xbox NA that Onslaught does buff jabs. I made the switch from DBOS this patch and haven't looked back. It's a pretty ridiculous buff TBH.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    I'll tell you what, since alot of the meta hoppers have been hopping on Magplar, Ive noticed people running elude. Between that and the camera change, jabs aint feeling so hot.

    Yep, I feel like my melee/sweeps build has had mixed results (mainly effective against new and bad players). I've had a lot more success with my ranged build.

    Torug's/Spinners (jewelry & infused fire destro)/Willpower resto/Blood Spawn.

    destro: crushing shock, ele drain, reflective light, consuming trap, living dark, crescent sweep
    resto: race against time, extended ritual, degeneration, honor the dead, channeled focus, life giver

    Since it's a ranged build the reason I have crescent front bar is for the passive 10% extra crit damage.
    Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    Kharllotta, AD Stamden, AR 30
    Kharinnia, AD MagDK, AR 23
    Tertiary Meat - Warbunnies of Doom - NA/PC - @ Larinon - Youtube
  • HaruKamui
    HaruKamui
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys feel that Living Dark is too cheesy? Pretty frustrating to fight against, and when I used it I felt so cheap.
    A trickster; both light and dark, heroic and villainous, foolish and wise.

    EP Hit Squad
    Haru Kamui - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade
    Haru Homura - Breton Magicka Templar
    Haru Yuuto - Dunmer Stamina Sorcerer

    #GiveMagbladesSnareRemoval <--- Getting some form of this in Elsweyr, sweet!
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I was happier with the original eclipse ability.

    Here's a flashback to templar skills earlier in the game. RIP Blinding Flashes :/
    Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    Kharllotta, AD Stamden, AR 30
    Kharinnia, AD MagDK, AR 23
    Tertiary Meat - Warbunnies of Doom - NA/PC - @ Larinon - Youtube
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭
    Only bothers me if im playing a mag toon. Otherwise just delays the inevitable.
    Terethea, Breton Vampire, devotee of the Night Mother
    Rivyn Quorathi, Redguard Templar
    Ms Ceresa, High Elf Stormcaller
    Mr Honeycreeper, Imperial crafter
    Synthi, Bosmer Archer
    Margon Sannacherib, Dunmer Assassin
    Brushes-with-Death, Argonian Dragonknight
    Amiri Om, Nord Necromancer
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I think I was happier with the original eclipse ability.

    Here's a flashback to templar skills earlier in the game. RIP Blinding Flashes :/

    Did someone say blinding flashes?
    #BringBackBlindingFlashes2019
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    BNOC wrote: »
    @Minno

    You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

    Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

    And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

    I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.


    My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?

    Just use the gap closer. Basically the best one in the game now. To go along with the best spammable, best heals, best mag sustain....etc.

    Omg @irstarkey57 please just get off the forums. You are on a Nerf-Templar rampage!!!! Bro, you need to L2P.

    Is this that "4 year experience magdk" from the other posts?

    I play all classes. Flawless Conqueror on ea as a benchmark.

    Why do you keep talking about PvE in PvP threads? No relevance.

    I was doing 580k runs, chasing PC rank 1 in 2016, so what?


    Should be @isaturkey57. There'd be no issue in carving you up lad.
    Not that smart huh? The point was to weed out people commenting on L2P. I don’t claim to the best at it. I just claim to have some knowledge of the game. That is literally it. Not sure what your problem is.

    PvE and PvP are unrelated for the most part but alright.
    BNOC wrote: »
    Akinos wrote: »
    @Minno

    You once used Swift x3 from what I read, but no longer do so. Well I tested out Protective x3 on a build of:

    Mighty Chudan x2
    Combat Physician x5 (armor)
    Hatchlings Shell x5 (weapons/jewelry)

    And while the defense in 5 light is insane (37k Spell Resist/28k Physical), I feel like I am running in mud without Swift.

    I had forgotten just how slow and plodding we are; we feel permanent snared. Even Mist Form feels too slow without Swift.


    My question for you is how on Earth do you deal with the lack of mobility?

    Just use the gap closer. Basically the best one in the game now. To go along with the best spammable, best heals, best mag sustain....etc.

    Templars have a good spammable yes, it's also the only spammable that requires manual aim.
    Vigor is still a better heal then BoL/HTD because it lets you go offensive while getting healed and it doesn't require a certain weapon to use like rapid regen does. Best sustain? Pretty sure thats still magsorc and magblade. Dark deal and passive 15% to all regen is nothing terrible.

    Don't worry, we already packed up his misguided opinion in another thread.

    We? Look, if you guys think there is a stronger class in pvp right, you are feel free to leave me to my misguided opinions in saying that I think you are mistaken. Pack my opinions up or do whatever weirdness you want....lol I don’t even know. Guessing Xbox players...

    I wasn't the only one that replied to your Magdk vs Templar nonsense on the other post, hence 'we'.

    The reason I don't leave you to it is that you're the problem, people like you are the problem - You read some complaints and jump on the bandwagon about how OP Templar is, but what you're actually doing with these misguided posts is getting more fotm chasers excited enough to jump on a class you say you can't handle, thus more complaining will ensue. It's a recursive loop and you're aiding it's continuation.

    So you can't handle Templars this patch, big deal; everyone experiences that - You don't need to make stuff up to put that poin across.

    I didn’t make one thing up. Where are you getting this from? What did I make up? I also play magplar, and every other class. Depends on which one of my 18 toons I feel like playing that day. I don’t think it is balanced gameplay, in a super strong single target dot meta to have a class be able to not only heal out of them stronger than any other class, but to be able to simply just cleanse them. Yes they have always had a cleanse that is just plain strong as is, but in a meta where degeneration, soul trap, and single target dots run rampant; magplars get a huge indirect buff because they can simply cleanse them. On top of that, the eclipse skill has zero counter play unless you would like to slow, stun, and immobilize yourself while healing the caster. So for you or anyone else to argue that is balanced, I’m here to say No, it is not. Not sure what it is like on Xbox but BG’s on PCNA atm are all Templars and magsorcs. Pretty obvious why IMO.

    Are you lining up your burst? The heal on eclipse isn't what you're making it out to be. It's a heal that requires you to take direct damage to occur at 4.3k magicka. You can't use it effectively while kiting (although it still makes kiting easier bc of the root). It helps someone survive pressure sure, but a good burst combo (which nearly every zergling has strayed from bc they see big tool tips) will put a templar down still.

    If you're saying the skill does too much, you could make a case, but there are tons of skills that do just as much at that cost and are less situational. It has the potential to do nothing. It's a situational spell, that's very good for its purpose. Again, there are tons of skills like this. People are just having a problem with it bc they're building to play what it's effective at countering (zerglings).

    How would you tone it down? You're mentioning 2 skills, cleanse and living dark, that cost 8k to cast.

    If you're only attacks are dots and light attacks (zergling) of course you're getting beat. Every class can handle this meta. If youre upset bc the class that's built to handle dots better than the others is effective at handling dots, I'm not sure what to tell you.

    Well I mostly main a magdk like I said do lining up my burst basically consists of casting ele drain, degen, consuming trap, and burning embers on the target, hope they don’t all get purged from ritual, and then fossilize/leap combo. Now if they have a bubble on them or me that obviously makes it a little harder. To answer your question, I do know how to line up my burst combos.

    Not sure if serious, or trolling...

    If you would like to be a little more specific I’d be happy to answer and/or explain my thoughts on the subject though I feel like I have done so somewhat thoroughly already. But like I said, let me know which part you think I’m trolling. If you are just waiting to type L2P like others then....we’ll...I guess we would know who is trolling.
    Cheers

    Specific? Honestly that is a terrible combination IMO. You should have either a flexible CC and/or spammable instead of running to a DoT. The block key does exist, and its obvious when someone will use their ult, especially DKs since its tied to sustain. You will either use it once my HP drops with the intent of killing me, or every once in a while because your stamina/mag getting low or at an uncomfortable level (in other words, its predictable and that is one of DK's major weaknesses IMO). If you cannot finish them off once they block you ult, how exactly will you ever kill them once your trick has been seen once?

    You rely too heavily on the DoT meta and expect to cheese things, but the reality is that most experienced players (and the ones that have gotten used to this meta) will not sweat from that combination on any class, not just templar.

    Any player that has faced a DK would and should always be prepared to break free from petrify (even twice in a row :D) and block or blockcast a stun/heal on you when their hp is down. It's honestly why I don't slot petrify. It's useless vs. anyone that can play the game and lets them reliably counter burst, unless it bugs them out.

    Hmm...yeah, no, just nerf templar...

    That’s a lot of eggs to put into one basket. First of all. Zero idea wtf you are talking about. Played magdk nearly since launch. Let me tell you how many times a dot meta has come.....again, zero. Also if you have read...(tired of doing this) I play all toons. So it’s not just Willy nilly that I’m saying Templar’s are too strong. Also again if you read, I said Templar’s got buffed indirectly because of being able to purge the dot meta. And don’t get me started on eclipse. I mean look guys. It’s pretty *** obvious to everyone who knows something which class is on top. Just be real will ya?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »

    Interesting. I've seen a lot of magplar coupling it with Sweeps, but I haven't noticed the difference myself with Jabs. IMO Dawnbreaker is still outperforming on Stamplar.

    Honestly, I have been enjoying Melee Magblade lately. Sad times to give up on my main...Templar in general has just been so laggy to play that its unbearable.

    Confirmed on Xbox NA that Onslaught does buff jabs. I made the switch from DBOS this patch and haven't looked back. It's a pretty ridiculous buff TBH.

    My only problem with it is its kind of wasted to have penetration when its up, but you'll be lucky to have a 30% up time. At the same time though; not building penetration means having more heal power likely while you wait for it so that's maybe a wash. I have noticed it not wanting to go off reliably though with that cast time. I havent tried DBOS with a cast time yet, but DBOS doesnt require a target so I feel like it should go off better.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    montiferus wrote: »

    Interesting. I've seen a lot of magplar coupling it with Sweeps, but I haven't noticed the difference myself with Jabs. IMO Dawnbreaker is still outperforming on Stamplar.

    Honestly, I have been enjoying Melee Magblade lately. Sad times to give up on my main...Templar in general has just been so laggy to play that its unbearable.

    Confirmed on Xbox NA that Onslaught does buff jabs. I made the switch from DBOS this patch and haven't looked back. It's a pretty ridiculous buff TBH.

    My only problem with it is its kind of wasted to have penetration when its up, but you'll be lucky to have a 30% up time. At the same time though; not building penetration means having more heal power likely while you wait for it so that's maybe a wash. I have noticed it not wanting to go off reliably though with that cast time. I havent tried DBOS with a cast time yet, but DBOS doesnt require a target so I feel like it should go off better.

    I went the onslaught route as soon as this patch dropped for console, heavy armor no pen at all and I love it. Templar is perfect class to survive until ulti is up then burst. Great for solo/small group.

    Still trying different monster sets.
    Edited by Neoauspex on September 7, 2019 7:25PM
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, templar is the best class this patch. So many of them now too.

    In my PvP log i always had most kills on nightblades and the classes which killed me the most were nightblades or sorcs. Mostly because there were so many nightblades and sorcs.

    Getting kills on nightblades was easy because every noob picked up the class and spammed snipe. Easy to kill really, noob sorcs could still spam shields and streak so they survive more/longer.

    This patch it all changed. Magplars are currently on top in the killed by list. Former easy AP magplars now survive for ages and deal some insane damage.

    Funny to see that a templar topic is also way more active now... guess everyone wants to play templar now.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

    ESO Highight :

  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    Yes, templar is the best class this patch. So many of them now too.

    In my PvP log i always had most kills on nightblades and the classes which killed me the most were nightblades or sorcs. Mostly because there were so many nightblades and sorcs.

    Getting kills on nightblades was easy because every noob picked up the class and spammed snipe. Easy to kill really, noob sorcs could still spam shields and streak so they survive more/longer.

    This patch it all changed. Magplars are currently on top in the killed by list. Former easy AP magplars now survive for ages and deal some insane damage.

    Funny to see that a templar topic is also way more active now... guess everyone wants to play templar now.

    Still largely the same people here since the beginning though. The new ones could use asking some questions though, as I've seen what you've seen
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    Yes, templar is the best class this patch. So many of them now too.

    In my PvP log i always had most kills on nightblades and the classes which killed me the most were nightblades or sorcs. Mostly because there were so many nightblades and sorcs.

    Getting kills on nightblades was easy because every noob picked up the class and spammed snipe. Easy to kill really, noob sorcs could still spam shields and streak so they survive more/longer.

    This patch it all changed. Magplars are currently on top in the killed by list. Former easy AP magplars now survive for ages and deal some insane damage.

    Funny to see that a templar topic is also way more active now... guess everyone wants to play templar now.

    A lot of them aren’t really good, the problem I’ve seen with Templar’s is the fact now people are running entire groups of Templar’s. Although individually they’re either really easy to kill or they are the usual annoying Templar that can’t kill anything.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭
    I found my way with my magplar but I’m still struggling to find the right balance for my stamplar.

    So far I’ve been using schackle medium and bone pirate. I’m not particularly tanka but at the same I’m not doing as much damage as I’d like.

    What are you guys using?

  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭
    BS, Brass med, Spriggan maul front, brp daggers back
    Front Dizzy, Exe, Potl, Rally, jabs, ons or db
    Back QC, rune, ER, repentance, vigor, temp guard
    Nord, Warrior, wep dmg glyphs infused
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭
    BS, Brass med, Spriggan maul front, brp daggers back
    Front Dizzy, Exe, Potl, Rally, jabs, ons or db
    Back QC, rune, ER, repentance, vigor, temp guard
    Nord, Warrior, wep dmg glyphs infused

    How are things in the ‘damage’ department? I fear I’d run out of stamina without bone pirate

  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    BS, Brass med, Spriggan maul front, brp daggers back
    Front Dizzy, Exe, Potl, Rally, jabs, ons or db
    Back QC, rune, ER, repentance, vigor, temp guard
    Nord, Warrior, wep dmg glyphs infused

    How are things in the ‘damage’ department? I fear I’d run out of stamina without bone pirate

    You run in CP? Either way, faster kills with 2her gives bonus recover and repentance.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • xSINx
    xSINx
    Soul Shriven
    CP
    Bloodspawn/Sellistrix, medium Impreg+hulking (3x infused jewellery, 1 - stamina regen, 2x - weapon damage)
    dual wield/ 2H (type - optional)
    Mundus - warrior/steed
    Food - artaeum

    Non CP
    Bloodspawn, Impreg (optional - medium, heavy)+hulking (1x infused stamina regen, 1x - reduce stamina cost, 1x - stamina regen).
    dual wield/ 2H (type - optional)
    Mundus - warrior/steed
    Food - artaeum

    By impreg and hulking this build is much flexible through the raw stats and accurate tune by jewellery and armor traits, so this point you can build up enough balanced
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    BS, Brass med, Spriggan maul front, brp daggers back
    Front Dizzy, Exe, Potl, Rally, jabs, ons or db
    Back QC, rune, ER, repentance, vigor, temp guard
    Nord, Warrior, wep dmg glyphs infused

    How are things in the ‘damage’ department? I fear I’d run out of stamina without bone pirate

    4.65k wep dmg front and 1.78k reg plus rune
    As you don't have to roll much sustain is enough. 40k+ resistances and min+maj protection are your main defence.
    Obvious combo is Potl, heavy attack, dizzy, ult, light attack, jabs, exe.
    Forgot to mention to use camoran as food.
    If you have a dedicated healer you can switch brass to another dmg set.
Sign In or Register to comment.