The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Faction lock is not fair

• Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7-day campaign was ideal campaign to lock!!

30-day campaigns are too long to lock eliminating the ability of those that like to play underdog to switch sides. These should not be locked.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »

30-day campaigns are too long to lock eliminating the ability of those that like to play underdog to switch sides. These should not be locked.

FFS, you and I seem to be following the same discussions. Every time I check the recent changes you're there :lol:
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

FFS, you and I seem to be following the same discussions. Every time I check the recent changes you're there :lol:

Hi fellow nerd :D !!
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

on what basis are you stating this ?... as far as i know, there is about the same number of vocal people for both sides, some want everything locked, some wan nothing locked, this seven days is just something you grabbed out of the air, the only one knowing statistics is SoZ...

And i know alot of people that is very happy with how it is, hell some have even returned to eso, just couse of faction locks...
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »

on what basis are you stating this ?... as far as i know, there is about the same number of vocal people for both sides, some want everything locked, some wan nothing locked, this seven days is just something you grabbed out of the air, the only one knowing statistics is SoZ...

And i know alot of people that is very happy with how it is, hell some have even returned to eso, just couse of faction locks...

I see your point now @Miriel ... the 7-day campaign suggestion comports with the duration of campaigns available in PvP. (14 day is also possible, but IMO is too long),

I am basing my opinion on extensive discussions I’ve had on the forums regarding this topic, my experience with various duration campaigns, and my own ideas about it.

Contrary to what u seem to think, I am not your adversary in this debate. (Why even try to have confrontational tone about it anyway?) There are only so many campaigns and I want them to cater the widest array of players possible.

I am saying that, from what I know and have experienced, we need a locked short 7-day and the 2 30-day campaigns should be unlocked.

I believe this because with a 7-day campaign, imbalances can be addressed readily once the week has passed and they’ve manifested.

However, on a 30-day campaign, players that chose a faction at the start, that perhaps eventually becomes dominating, may not want play on that faction any longer because it’s Zergy and boring.

Should they be forced to Zerg along with them for the full 30-day duration?? (This was big and very valid complaint amongst those that didn’t want locks)

Many players are experiencing this already on non-CP (PC/Mac) which is perhaps evident by the lower pop than pre-update (might just be just a correlation, not implying causation). I’ve heard complaints about this from many regular players I know and I’ve also experienced it myself (I’ll point out this is anecdotal).

U seem to have wanted me to lay out a case like a lawyer or something? I have done so for you and even labeled it.

Now, will you please kindly stop impugning my argument without putting forth one your own?

Thank you.
    Edited by Enkil on July 14, 2019 10:18AM
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

I see your point now @Miriel ... the 7-day campaign suggestion comports with the duration of campaigns available in PvP. (14 day is also possible, but IMO is too long),

I am basing my opinion on extensive discussions I’ve had on the forums regarding this topic, my experience with various duration campaigns, and my own ideas about it.

Contrary to what u seem to think, I am not your adversary in this debate. (Why even try to have confrontational tone about it anyway?) There are only so many campaigns and I want them to cater the widest array of players possible.

I am saying that, from what I know and have experienced, we need a locked short 7-day and the 2 30-day campaigns should be unlocked.

I believe this because with a 7-day campaign, imbalances can be addressed readily once the week has passed and they’ve manifested.

However, on a 30-day campaign, players that chose a faction at the start, that perhaps eventually becomes dominating, may not want play on that faction any longer because it’s Zergy and boring.

Should they be forced to Zerg along with them for the full 30-day duration?? (This was big and very valid complaint amongst those that didn’t want locks)

Many players are experiencing this already on non-CP (PC/Mac) which is perhaps evident by the lower pop than pre-update (might just be just a correlation, not implying causation). I’ve heard complaints about this from many regular players I know and I’ve also experienced it myself (I’ll point out this is anecdotal).

U seem to have wanted me to lay out a case like a lawyer or something? I have done so for you and even labeled it.

Now, will you please kindly stop impugning my argument without putting forth one your own?

Thank you.

As long as you state it as your idea... still wont change that the support for how things is, and against is about even... regardless the 30 day campaign is actually fairly even, and i have no indication from SoZ that their going to change how things is, been essentially no comments on the topic what so ever
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s it. I’m buying a name change token so I can change the name to Faction Locks are Awesome. Thank you for motivating me to do this I hope you see it in your recap.
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    allowing everyone to steal cars openly for 30 years, and then suddenly people start getting arrested for it because they decided to enforce the law.
    so in response the community flipped out and started a campaign yelling and screaming in the streets that they built their life around that 30 years of freedom and how its not fair that they can no longer steal cars and trucks and built their life around that income for the sale of those cars they stole that is somehow now considered a crime, even tho all along it was a crime.

In what world does playing characters on multiple alliances equate to stealing other peoples valuables?

when people became comfortable with the immoral idea that having complete freedom to make any character join any alliance and able to switch between those characters on a whim during campaigns, during a time of war, at anytime, was somehow Moral, it then became ignored that this was a wrong thing to do because of the results it would carry people then decided to make multiple characters in all the alliances and completely dis-regarded the results that one day this would come back to bite them in the butt.
    and when the hammer of reality fell, and people began to complain about the results of those open freedoms, Thats when the developers closed the gates to those freedoms, but all the people who ignored those warnings now cry in the streets and constantly complain that it is somehow unfair and wrong that they are caught with MANY characters in all the alliances and act as if there was no such thing as morals during a time of war, and act as if the cheats and exploits that came from open borders was somehow moral and completely ligit.
    thus, we see mass complaint threads and mass comments claiming that somehow they were the victims and that NOTHING they did was wrong.

so to answer your question, basicly its the same principle is what i put in my first example:
    that, allowing everyone to steal cars openly for 30 years, and then suddenly people start getting arrested for it because they decided to enforce the law.
    so in response the community flipped out and started a campaign yelling and screaming in the streets that they built their life around that 30 years of freedom and how its not fair that they can no longer steal cars and trucks and built their life around that income for the sale of those cars they stole that is somehow now considered a crime, even tho all along it was a crime.

falls along the same lines as what has happened here in eso's open alliances.

again, this ^
    answers those questions
    everything you are searching for i answered.
    and by the way, i love the locked campaigns, i'm not "disappointed" like you suggest.

I didn't say you were disappointed at locked campaigns I said you'd be disappointed at how many people don't care about playing for the campaign. Also that doesn't answer those questions at all. How about actually answering my question rather than quoting an essay you wrote earlier as if I'm going to read it again and again looking for answers?

Actually enough people asked for campaigns to be locked and they did it. It's more popular and liked than you think so I think you're going to be disappointed.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    allowing everyone to steal cars openly for 30 years, and then suddenly people start getting arrested for it because they decided to enforce the law.

In what world does playing characters on multiple alliances equate to stealing other peoples valuables?

when people became comfortable with the immoral idea that having complete freedom to make any character join any alliance and able to switch between those characters on a whim during campaigns, during a time of war, at anytime, was somehow Moral, it then became ignored that this was a wrong thing to do because of the results it would carry people then decided to make multiple characters in all the alliances and completely dis-regarded the results that one day this would come back to bite them in the butt.
    and when the hammer of reality fell, and people began to complain about the results of those open freedoms, Thats when the developers closed the gates to those freedoms, but all the people who ignored those warnings now cry in the streets and constantly complain that it is somehow unfair and wrong that they are caught with MANY characters in all the alliances and act as if there was no such thing as morals during a time of war, and act as if the cheats and exploits that came from open borders was somehow moral and completely ligit.
    thus, we see mass complaint threads and mass comments claiming that somehow they were the victims and that NOTHING they did was wrong.

so to answer your question, basicly its the same principle is what i put in my first example:
    that, allowing everyone to steal cars openly for 30 years, and then suddenly people start getting arrested for it because they decided to enforce the law.

falls along the same lines as what has happened here in eso's open alliances.

again, this ^
    answers those questions
    everything you are searching for i answered.
    and by the way, i love the locked campaigns, i'm not "disappointed" like you suggest.

I didn't say you were disappointed at locked campaigns I said you'd be disappointed at how many people don't care about playing for the campaign. Also that doesn't answer those questions at all. How about actually answering my question rather than quoting an essay you wrote earlier as if I'm going to read it again and again looking for answers?

Actually enough people asked for campaigns to be locked and they did it. It's more popular and liked than you think so I think you're going to be disappointed.

Was liked. Am already seeing some complaints in zone chat as they see the (predicted) end result.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s it. I’m buying a name change token so I can change the name to Faction Locks are Awesome. Thank you for motivating me to do this I hope you see it in your recap.

Im happy i helped you to find your purpose in life.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    #deletefactionlocksalready
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah but only one side in the debate had to mothball 2/3rds of their toons. one side lost nothing, and gained a placebo perception that pvp is better.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on August 4, 2019 10:09PM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 27.8.19, and i still cant play my characters created for PVP only.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

Not really that accurate. As you have the 7 day. And if all the people creating and adding threads went there, there would be better pop...

But they don't. They sit in 30day CP and whine, also about zergs and lag ironically.

It's 27.8.19 and whatever ZOS do players won't take the hint.

I'm pro lock and all for switching the 7 and 30 day lock, ut ill go where the ruleset is i wanna play. Adapt. At least pro lock players have a choice now, didn't before.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Not really that accurate. As you have the 7 day. And if all the people creating and adding threads went there, there would be better pop...

But they don't. They sit in 30day CP and whine, also about zergs and lag ironically.

I'm pro lock and all for switching the 7 and 30 day lock, ut ill go where the ruleset is i wanna play. Adapt. At least pro lock players have a choice now, didn't before.

@Beardimus
    Even if all the complainers would go there, the campaign will still feel dead,
    And it will also affect the main campaign, making it dead aswell.

• LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Beardimus

So what you say is that you fear that those who complain about the faction lock is a small minority.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »

@Beardimus

So what you say is that you fear that those who complain about the faction lock is a small minority.

@LarsS
    Same thing can be said the opposite way,
    If the lock faction worshippers would go to a locked faction only campaign, it will be still be dead,
    Simply because there are not enough pvp players in CP nor no CP campaigns.

And i actually think that majority are the ones that hates faction lock,
    You cannot measure the amount of players that are in favor or against by the forums, Heck you cannot measure anything on the forum.

Also, Check this poll:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484502/do-you-care-about-which-faction-is-winning-the-campaign/p1

and:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/424925/do-you-honestly-still-care-about-campaign-score-does-it-even-matter

Edited by amir412 on August 27, 2019 8:45AM

• LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Beardimus

@LarsS
    If the lock faction worshippers would go to a locked faction only campaign, it will be still be dead,

You cannot measure the amount of players that are in favor or against by the forums, Heck you cannot measure anything on the forum.

Also, Check this poll:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484502/do-you-care-about-which-faction-is-winning-the-campaign/p1

and:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/424925/do-you-honestly-still-care-about-campaign-score-does-it-even-matter

Correct forum comments dont measure anything. The population on the servers does and they tell zos that a large majority prefere to play on the CP and non-CP faction locked campaigns. If there were more than a small minority who prefered unlocked campaigns the 7 days campaign would be well populated.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Beardimus

@LarsS

Also, Check this poll:

and:

Correct forum comments dont measure anything. The population on the servers does and they tell zos that a large majority prefere to play on the CP and non-CP faction locked campaigns. If there were more than a small minority who prefered unlocked campaigns the 7 days campaign would be well populated.

Great point @LarsS when they look at the data what will they see? Faction Lock is the most popular. If people voted with their feet they might get traction.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭

@Beardimus

@LarsS

Also, Check this poll:

and:

Great point @LarsS when they look at the data what will they see? Faction Lock is the most popular. If people voted with their feet they might get traction.

Yeah, grab the two campaigns everyone and their dog flocked pre-faction lock to gather data. I bet ZOS had the same mentality when they picked those two campaigns instead of the 7 day to lock & see whether people would flock that one instead.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Beardimus

@LarsS

Also, Check this poll:

and:

They could unlock sotha and Vivec and lock the 7 days campaign and you wouldn’t see any movement from the faction loyalist. This is the most ignorant argument of all of them
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »

@Beardimus

@LarsS

Also, Check this poll:

and:

They could unlock sotha and Vivec and lock the 7 days campaign and you wouldn’t see any movement from the faction loyalist. This is the most ignorant argument of all of them

How do you know that?
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »

@Beardimus

@LarsS

Also, Check this poll:

and:

How do you know that?

I ask myself the same question when you claim faction lock is what people want when you lock the two campaigns people flock.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tsuriel wrote: »

@Beardimus

@LarsS

Also, Check this poll:

and:

How do you know that?

I ask myself the same question when you claim faction lock is what people want when you lock the two campaigns people flock.

I'd go right back to the 7 day campaign if they locked it and unlocked the 30 day. I hardly ever played the 30 day before. I like to rotate what content I play, so the 7 day worked perfect for me: concentrate on PVP for a week, get the end of campaign reward, play PVE the next week.

So yes, I think that no matter what campaign zos locked, pro lock folks would go to it.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Beardimus

@LarsS

Also, Check this poll:

and:

How do you know that?

There is a number of guilds incuding ours who are one faction only, those would go to the locked campaigns, so your argument is incorrect.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Beardimus

@LarsS

Also, Check this poll:

and:

How do you know that?

There is a number of guilds incuding ours who are one faction only, those would go to the locked campaigns, so your argument is incorrect.

Your guild would go where the action is don’t try and make a false point. Which is exactly why the people who don’t like faction locks don’t go to the 7 day.
    Edited by Hashtag_ on August 28, 2019 1:27PM
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Beardimus

@LarsS

Also, Check this poll:

and:

How do you know that?

Your guild would go where the action is don’t try and make a false point. Which is exactly why the people who don’t like faction locks don’t go to the 7 day.

Great so you know what our Guild and a number of other would do. Stop complaining and go with your buddies to the 7 day campaing and prove your point to ZOS.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA DC has migrated multiple guilds to short campaigns in the past when they couldn't compete on the main 30. I have no doubt that pro lock DC would move to 7 if the locked/unlocked was switched.
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    Some of us grinded characters to play with our friends on the opposite factions,
    or simply just got fed up with the behavior of our faction, morning cap, etc...

After faction lock made it to live, i literally do not login to my recent grinded char - Because simply most of my chars are AD,
    So putting a home campaign on non-AD char is unreasonable.

Give us alliance change token, so our time of grinding wont go to waste.

Thank you Zos for fixing the game for ES fans. Do not worry about what these people think. It is not about their experience it is about balance and keeping ESO what it was created to be originally and that is making players commit to the lore and faction. I would even banish One Tamriel. Make it open PvP when other factions come to rival territories. Keep things interesting for the loyal ESO players who like PvP.
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

7 day is where most of the "abuses" happened. Emp swapping & ap boosting chief among them. Locking 30 day did... nothing.

Yeah, I'm calling BS.

Edited by Mr_Walker on August 29, 2019 2:18AM