The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faction lock is not fair

• Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    allowing everyone to steal cars openly for 30 years, and then suddenly people start getting arrested for it because they decided to enforce the law.
    so in response the community flipped out and started a campaign yelling and screaming in the streets that they built their life around that 30 years of freedom and how its not fair that they can no longer steal cars and trucks and built their life around that income for the sale of those cars they stole that is somehow now considered a crime, even tho all along it was a crime.

In what world does playing characters on multiple alliances equate to stealing other peoples valuables?
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    allowing everyone to steal cars openly for 30 years, and then suddenly people start getting arrested for it because they decided to enforce the law.
    so in response the community flipped out and started a campaign yelling and screaming in the streets that they built their life around that 30 years of freedom and how its not fair that they can no longer steal cars and trucks and built their life around that income for the sale of those cars they stole that is somehow now considered a crime, even tho all along it was a crime.

In what world does playing characters on multiple alliances equate to stealing other peoples valuables?

when people became comfortable with the immoral idea that having complete freedom to make any character join any alliance and able to switch between those characters on a whim during campaigns, during a time of war, at anytime, was somehow Moral, it then became ignored that this was a wrong thing to do because of the results it would carry people then decided to make multiple characters in all the alliances and completely dis-regarded the results that one day this would come back to bite them in the butt.
    and when the hammer of reality fell, and people began to complain about the results of those open freedoms, Thats when the developers closed the gates to those freedoms, but all the people who ignored those warnings now cry in the streets and constantly complain that it is somehow unfair and wrong that they are caught with MANY characters in all the alliances and act as if there was no such thing as morals during a time of war, and act as if the cheats and exploits that came from open borders was somehow moral and completely ligit.
    thus, we see mass complaint threads and mass comments claiming that somehow they were the victims and that NOTHING they did was wrong.

so to answer your question, basicly its the same principle is what i put in my first example:
    that, allowing everyone to steal cars openly for 30 years, and then suddenly people start getting arrested for it because they decided to enforce the law.

falls along the same lines as what has happened here in eso's open alliances.

Edited by Gilvoth on June 28, 2019 11:16PM
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭

when people became comfortable with the immoral idea that having complete freedom to make any character join any alliance and able to switch between those characters on a whim during campaigns, during a time of war, at anytime, was somehow Moral, it then became ignored that this was a wrong thing to do because of the results it would carry people then decided to make multiple characters in all the alliances and completely dis-regarded the results that one day this would come back to bite them in the butt.
    and when the hammer of reality fell, and people began to complain about the results of those open freedoms, Thats when the developers closed the gates to those freedoms, but all the people who ignored those warnings now cry in the streets and constantly complain that it is somehow unfair and wrong that they are caught with MANY characters in all the alliances and act as if there was no such thing as morals during a time of war, and act as if the cheats and exploits that came from open borders was somehow moral and completely ligit.
    thus, we see mass complaint threads and mass comments claiming that somehow they were the victims and that NOTHING they did was wrong.

so to answer your question, basicly its the same principle is what i put in my first example:
    that, allowing everyone to steal cars openly for 30 years, and then suddenly people start getting arrested for it because they decided to enforce the law.

There is nothing immoral about playing on different alliances. Stop acting like everyone cares about playing the campaign as much as you do because you're going to be disappointed.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    Other PvP Characters

>156m AP
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, its the cheats and the exploits that came from and opened the door to, the results of those open alliances, not the campaigns
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, its the cheats and the exploits that came from and opened the door to, the results of those open alliances, not the campaigns

Cheats and exploits such as what?
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    Other PvP Characters

>156m AP
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

again, this ^
    answers those questions
    everything you are searching for i answered.
    and by the way, i love the locked campaigns, i'm not "disappointed" like you suggest.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭

again, this ^
    answers those questions
    everything you are searching for i answered.
    and by the way, i love the locked campaigns, i'm not "disappointed" like you suggest.

I didn't say you were disappointed at locked campaigns I said you'd be disappointed at how many people don't care about playing for the campaign. Also that doesn't answer those questions at all. How about actually answering my question rather than quoting an essay you wrote earlier as if I'm going to read it again and again looking for answers?
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    Other PvP Characters

>156m AP
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    I like the faction lock people do care more about the Campaign. The argument about not beeing able with friends is stupid, its easy to create a new char.

@Lars why do you say people care more about the campaign? People like me who never cared about faction will not suddenly care only because there are locks. The locks just restrict options in gameplay and make ESO PvP less attractive.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    talking about cheats and exploits and explaining them is against the forum rules.
    you can get warnings and bans from doing that.
    Edited by Gilvoth on June 29, 2019 7:48PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    mcb123 wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Your yellows are only useless for a month. Keep in mind that faction locks were not reintroduced to curtail individual scoring across all your characters in various alliances; locks were reintroduced to counteract the griefing, cheating, and trolling made possible by faction swapping. If people were able to log in as guests on factions other than their primary alliance, it would still be possible to spy with ease, sell scrolls, dump scrolls in water, etc.

I just want to play the game. On all my characters at all times, its too late to re introduce this once weve all made different alliance characters. Or atleast give me 1 or 2 aliance change tokens.

You can play the game. On one faction per month. instead of asking them to change the way faction locks work. Faction locks were reintroduced for a reason.

well said
    Edited by Gilvoth on June 29, 2019 7:50PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction Lock is hurting exploiters that can no longer cheat the leaderboard for 10+ 30-day rewards. FTFY

Everyone else is fine because they play on only one faction for leaderboard rewards like a correct person. If you want to play with your friends on another faction, go to another campaign - AP is AP. The only reason why you'd complain is because you're after the leaderboard so you can exploit it. You can't cheat anymore - get over it.

well said
    all truth

What about people that get 10+ 30 day rewards on the same faction?

This reasoning is beyond stupid.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Faction Lock is hurting exploiters that can no longer cheat the leaderboard for 10+ 30-day rewards. FTFY

Everyone else is fine because they play on only one faction for leaderboard rewards like a correct person. If you want to play with your friends on another faction, go to another campaign - AP is AP. The only reason why you'd complain is because you're after the leaderboard so you can exploit it. You can't cheat anymore - get over it.

well said
    all truth

yes, that should not be allowed.
    your right.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    talking about cheats and exploits and explaining them is against the forum rules.
    you can get warnings and bans from doing that.

There are no cheats and exploits enabled by playing multiple factions.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    Other PvP Characters

>156m AP
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well said
    all truth

that was simply one cheat out of a long long list of cheats and exploits that could be done by having open factions.
    now that faction locks exist those cheats cannot be done, same as the exploits.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friend thing again? Ok let's play along with the bad excuse for a second...

If you were indeed friends, why were you not in the same guild to fight on the same alliance in the first place?

You became friends from some other avenue after you made characters on different alliances? Great. Make some characters that can play together, pick an alliance, and play together. Multiple friends? Awesome, make a guild!

If you have alts on different alliances anyway, why not reroll a character (that people do a decent amount anyway to meta chase) to indeed play with your friends if it was that important?

We know it's not that important and just an excuse.

• HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    I could imagine the quick solution would be to just add a 30 day non-locked campaign.

Why don't you guys move to the 7 days one already? That would be the quickest and easiest solution.
    - Assuming they added an unlocked 30 days campaign you would need to move anyway.
    - Since you care only about fights and not the alliance doesn't matter if the campaign resets every 7 or 30 days.
    - If you want greater rewards then make up your mind and choose an alliance.

Faction lock is great and should had been always like this.

An Ad player who fights for a queen made by 1s and 0s hehe
    - Guildmaster of [ PANDA FORCE ] - Aldmeri PvP Guild NA/PC
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
    - Pvp focused player, want to improve everyday
    - Vivec`s Former Emperor: HaroniN AR45
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCT7YWsLrOLoG2HeMWUF7ifg/featured
  • HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »

Also EP is winning on PC-EU-30d-CP by a lot due to constant night cap. Players will stop caring soon again as they realise they have absolutely no impact on campaign scoring if they don't play during the night/morning.

100% agree with you. Pc Na Ad is shaming themselves with the campaign score. I wanna see faction loyal peoples face and see how impactless meaningless and useless their "faction pride" and effort is
    - Guildmaster of [ PANDA FORCE ] - Aldmeri PvP Guild NA/PC
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
    - Pvp focused player, want to improve everyday
    - Vivec`s Former Emperor: HaroniN AR45
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCT7YWsLrOLoG2HeMWUF7ifg/featured
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These threads have been reduced to pure tribalism. There is no shame inherent with preferring or not preferring locked factions.

The problem here is that ZOS allowed multifaction cultures to develop by completely removing locks for more than three years. This has caused great personal pain to probably thousands of players who were accustomed to playing with friends on multiple factions.

ZOS still hasn't learned to treat players with respect. They only treat their Crown consumers with respect. Their position is always "you don't have to be here" because we don't really matter to them.

So be angry with ZOS. If you like locked factions, you should be extremely angry that ZOS botched this implementation because it's doomed to failure. And, of course, if you hate locked factions, you should blame ZOS for implementing them.

We're all entitled to our opinions. Blame ZOS for their decisions.
    Edited by zyk on June 30, 2019 2:03AM
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »
    Friend thing again? Ok let's play along with the bad excuse for a second...

If you were indeed friends, why were you not in the same guild to fight on the same alliance in the first place?

You became friends from some other avenue after you made characters on different alliances? Great. Make some characters that can play together, pick an alliance, and play together. Multiple friends? Awesome, make a guild!

If you have alts on different alliances anyway, why not reroll a character (that people do a decent amount anyway to meta chase) to indeed play with your friends if it was that important?

We know it's not that important and just an excuse.

Because my friends are spread all over 3 alliances. You seriously have no clue dude.
    Sanct16 wrote: »

Also EP is winning on PC-EU-30d-CP by a lot due to constant night cap. Players will stop caring soon again as they realise they have absolutely no impact on campaign scoring if they don't play during the night/morning.

100% agree with you. Pc Na Ad is shaming themselves with the campaign score. I wanna see faction loyal peoples face and see how impactless meaningless and useless their "faction pride" and effort is

Pathetic how ad is behaving in their time of power indeed. That double ap bonus due to their exploits last night was pretty delicious mind you.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well said
    all truth

yes, that should not be allowed.
    your right.

Wait, what? I have 7 AD chars and when i used to play quite a lot I would get my main to gold campaign rewards and 6 others to T3 rewards. Are you telling me that shouldn't be allowed and on top of that ppl call it cheating and exploiting? Lol, why? Month of PvPing for some rings and coins. In PvE land, for that amount of time invested anyone can earn millions.

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well said
    all truth

that was simply one cheat out of a long long list of cheats and exploits that could be done by having open factions.
    now that faction locks exist those cheats cannot be done, same as the exploits.

How is it a cheat. It´s working as designed?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP we're not allowed to have friends or ever play for an opposing side because of the tinfoil spy criers REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could imagine the quick solution would be to just add a 30 day non-locked campaign.

Why don't you guys move to the 7 days one already? That would be the quickest and easiest solution.
    - Assuming they added an unlocked 30 days campaign you would need to move anyway.
    - Since you care only about fights and not the alliance doesn't matter if the campaign resets every 7 or 30 days.

An Ad player who fights for a queen made by 1s and 0s hehe

K.
  • menetherinb16_ESO
    Remove hard faction locks and allow guilds/players to opt into whatever faction they want for a set period of time to stop people from hopping faction if they are losing. Then " Friends" can still play together, guilds who want a challenge can opt into under populated side etc etc.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can already do that.
    Pick your faction - with friends - at the start of a new campaign.
    Swapping mid campaign? No, *** off.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

well said
    all truth

Ah, so creating 10 <insert colour> characters to get 10 30 day rewards isn't cheating, but doing it on different coloured characters is. Seriously? What a bizarre assertion.

Good grief.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

well said
    all truth

Ah, so creating 10 <insert colour> characters to get 10 30 day rewards isn't cheating, but doing it on different coloured characters is. Seriously? What a bizarre assertion.

Good grief.

as long as you played that character in the campaign, (legitimately) then there's nothing wrong with receiving Gold and rewards if you have earned them on that character, no matter what faction that character is in.
  • omgiztim
    omgiztim
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

well said
    all truth

Good grief.

as long as you played that character in the campaign, (legitimately) then there's nothing wrong with receiving Gold and rewards if you have earned them on that character, no matter what faction that character is in.

So what was your earlier incoherence about?