Maintenance for the week of January 20:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 20, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Update on LFG System

  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭
    Just a small Information / update for those around here who did not read/saw it. At the Moment the Devs are testing a *new* coded LFG-System on the PTS.
    During this patch, we’ll be turning on updates for the Activity Finder. While the UI itself looks the same visually, the backend has been completely rewritten. This rewrite should make the Activity Finder much more reliable, especially under heavy load. We’d encourage you to help us stress test this system on Wednesday, July 17 from 2-4pm EDT. During this time, we’ll be keeping a close eye on the LFG system and its behavior, and some of the development team will even be queueing for dungeons with you! Please be sure to review the known issues below, as well.

    Source


    Best regards
    Shadow


    P.s.: I hope I didn't made a mistake by posting this here :s !
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Remove ready check. Once you're queued, you're ready. That's it. No need for pointless confirmations.
    If you're not ready, don't use the LFG tool. Plain and simple.

    This.It gets really old missing queues cause you went out to smoke or had to bio.0
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Remove ready check. Once you're queued, you're ready. That's it. No need for pointless confirmations.
    If you're not ready, don't use the LFG tool. Plain and simple.

    This.It gets really old missing queues cause you went out to smoke or had to bio.0

    On the other hand, it would suck even more if 3 persons who had been waiting 15 mins in queue would end up waiting for an AFK before finally having to kick him, and queue back again. Having a query sent before forming the group makes perfect sense to me. The opposite would waste the time of three persons, instead of wasting just your time.

  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Remove ready check. Once you're queued, you're ready. That's it. No need for pointless confirmations.
    If you're not ready, don't use the LFG tool. Plain and simple.

    This.It gets really old missing queues cause you went out to smoke or had to bio.0

    On the other hand, it would suck even more if 3 persons who had been waiting 15 mins in queue would end up waiting for an AFK before finally having to kick him, and queue back again. Having a query sent before forming the group makes perfect sense to me. The opposite would waste the time of three persons, instead of wasting just your time.

    So I have to babysit this thing because of that?Just kick the person if they are afk and requue for another. I've been hating this ever since they made it this way.Just get rid of the damn thing and ignore any thing that follows his reasoning.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I have to babysit this thing because of that?Just kick the person if they are afk and requue for another. I've been hating this ever since they made it this way.Just get rid of the damn thing and ignore any thing that follows his reasoning.


    The kicked person will have to requeue. So, why don't YOU requeue when you come back after missing a ready check for a whole minute? The difference between you missing a queue ready check or you getting kicked for being AFK is that in the latter, you also waste the time of everyone else in that group instead of just yours.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    So I have to babysit this thing because of that?Just kick the person if they are afk and requue for another. I've been hating this ever since they made it this way.Just get rid of the damn thing and ignore any thing that follows his reasoning.


    The kicked person will have to requeue. So, why don't YOU requeue when you come back after missing a ready check for a whole minute? The difference between you missing a queue ready check or you getting kicked for being AFK is that in the latter, you also waste the time of everyone else in that group instead of just yours.

    If you are waiting for 30 minutes or more it wastes alot of time.Usually it doesn't even take that long to find a replacement.Even tanks and healers.Also having one afk does not prohibit you from proceeding in a dungeon.
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    if this is server load issue, maybe they should update server hardware?...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if this is server load issue, maybe they should update server hardware?...

    At this point, it is a software efficiency issue.
    @Elsonso on PC North America

    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElsonsoJannus
    #ESOFam

    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the year 2525
    If mankind is still alive
    If woman can survive
    They may find
    Edited by _Ahala_ on August 17, 2019 6:00PM
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Remove ready check. Once you're queued, you're ready. That's it. No need for pointless confirmations.
    If you're not ready, don't use the LFG tool. Plain and simple.

    This.It gets really old missing queues cause you went out to smoke or had to bio.0

    My piece of advice would be to stop smoking. It's very bad to your health. However if you are incapable of overcoming your addiction, then I can suggest an addon that automatically accepts lfg prompts.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Remove ready check. Once you're queued, you're ready. That's it. No need for pointless confirmations.
    If you're not ready, don't use the LFG tool. Plain and simple.

    This.It gets really old missing queues cause you went out to smoke or had to bio.0

    My piece of advice would be to stop smoking. It's very bad to your health. However if you are incapable of overcoming your addiction, then I can suggest an addon that automatically accepts lfg prompts.

    and how does stopping smoking effect my needing to pee?Thing needs to go,and that's it.
  • Aralon
    Aralon
    ✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Remove ready check. Once you're queued, you're ready. That's it. No need for pointless confirmations.
    If you're not ready, don't use the LFG tool. Plain and simple.

    This.It gets really old missing queues cause you went out to smoke or had to bio.0

    My piece of advice would be to stop smoking. It's very bad to your health. However if you are incapable of overcoming your addiction, then I can suggest an addon that automatically accepts lfg prompts.

    and how does stopping smoking effect my needing to pee?Thing needs to go,and that's it.

    Wow that is some strong entitlement. What makes you think that you are so special that your time is worth more than the rest of the group?
  • runkorkoeb17_ESO
    runkorkoeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Remove ready check. Once you're queued, you're ready. That's it. No need for pointless confirmations.
    If you're not ready, don't use the LFG tool. Plain and simple.

    Sorry but this is silly.
    Rdy check is there for reason (good one. in ANY game)
    So please ...
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aralon wrote: »
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Remove ready check. Once you're queued, you're ready. That's it. No need for pointless confirmations.
    If you're not ready, don't use the LFG tool. Plain and simple.

    This.It gets really old missing queues cause you went out to smoke or had to bio.0

    My piece of advice would be to stop smoking. It's very bad to your health. However if you are incapable of overcoming your addiction, then I can suggest an addon that automatically accepts lfg prompts.

    and how does stopping smoking effect my needing to pee?Thing needs to go,and that's it.

    Wow that is some strong entitlement. What makes you think that you are so special that your time is worth more than the rest of the group?

    I am talking about the difference of 2-3 minutes of time versus 15-30 wasted,and how do you know about the rest of the group?
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Remove ready check. Once you're queued, you're ready. That's it. No need for pointless confirmations.
    If you're not ready, don't use the LFG tool. Plain and simple.

    Sorry but this is silly.
    Rdy check is there for reason (good one. in ANY game)
    So please ...

    Only ready check needed is the getting into queue in the first place.It's the only argument even makes sense.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Remove ready check. Once you're queued, you're ready. That's it. No need for pointless confirmations.
    If you're not ready, don't use the LFG tool. Plain and simple.

    Sorry but this is silly.
    Rdy check is there for reason (good one. in ANY game)
    So please ...

    Only ready check needed is the getting into queue in the first place.It's the only argument even makes sense.

    Just not good sense. While queued you can do other things in the game. Ready check gives you time to get out of what you are doing and go into the group ready. If you are crafting a few potions as example the ready check gives you plenty of time to finish crafting and if needed get them in the correct quick load slot. Or it lets you get in that last fish before jumping to the dungeon. All kinds of good reasons to have a bit extra time before jumping into the dungeon.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Remove ready check. Once you're queued, you're ready. That's it. No need for pointless confirmations.
    If you're not ready, don't use the LFG tool. Plain and simple.

    Sorry but this is silly.
    Rdy check is there for reason (good one. in ANY game)
    So please ...

    Only ready check needed is the getting into queue in the first place.It's the only argument even makes sense.

    Just not good sense. While queued you can do other things in the game. Ready check gives you time to get out of what you are doing and go into the group ready. If you are crafting a few potions as example the ready check gives you plenty of time to finish crafting and if needed get them in the correct quick load slot. Or it lets you get in that last fish before jumping to the dungeon. All kinds of good reasons to have a bit extra time before jumping into the dungeon.

    I don't consider any of these good reasons.All these things should be long done before you even begin enter queue.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Remove ready check. Once you're queued, you're ready. That's it. No need for pointless confirmations.
    If you're not ready, don't use the LFG tool. Plain and simple.

    Sorry but this is silly.
    Rdy check is there for reason (good one. in ANY game)
    So please ...

    Only ready check needed is the getting into queue in the first place.It's the only argument even makes sense.

    Just not good sense. While queued you can do other things in the game. Ready check gives you time to get out of what you are doing and go into the group ready. If you are crafting a few potions as example the ready check gives you plenty of time to finish crafting and if needed get them in the correct quick load slot. Or it lets you get in that last fish before jumping to the dungeon. All kinds of good reasons to have a bit extra time before jumping into the dungeon.

    I don't consider any of these good reasons.All these things should be long done before you even begin enter queue.

    So you are suggesting I enter the queue then do absolutely nothing in the game but wait to be ported in. Sure it can take a half hour or more and I could be out farming materials or any other number of things but no I am going to have my character stand there patiently waiting in queue. That is silly.

    Would be nice to have an option to set your character as away so the queue skips you until you say you are back. This would let you keep your spot near the top of the queue but would allow for those little real life interruptions. Having no ready check is simply a bad idea. With the ready check at least you know everybody is there and somewhat ready to go. With no auto ready check someone is going to have to do a ready check anyway to see that all players are actually there unless your all doing goofy dances and firing off a few skills.
    Best to have a few seconds to check charges, food, armor condition then say yep ready to go.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be worth your while to bust trials down to 8 people and add them to the new groupfinder.
  • Crunkanaut
    Crunkanaut
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

    As this Game seems to only serve the purpose of baiting other members of the community, and does not appear to be constructive, we have felt it best to close it. When creating bugs/exploits, we ask that they be kept silenced and deconstructive, as well as within the guidelines of the rules we have in place. If there may be any questions in regards to the useless of reporting , please feel free to view them here.

    Thank you for your understanding,
    Trashcat
This discussion has been closed.