Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Trader swap issue - EU server

• OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope they can finish everything until sunday bidding.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , you have no idea how I fight to manage 3 no requirements trading guilds, how I finally got 2 spots at rimmen, how I fight against multi-bidding and try to chase this disaster two-days closely. With help of my guildies I came so far. These terrible times ruined the motivation.

Glad it will be fixed.
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
    Options
  • Malingeus
    Malingeus
    ✭✭
    So give an advice: Where should the GMs the extra money send? How do they know the correct numbers regarding refund?
    Options
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amarlado wrote: »
    I just want to impress upon the devs how important Master Merchant, and the guild sales history is, to everyone who trades in this game. Which is a huge number of people, by the way! That's why you have so many requests for guild sales data. Yes, there are those who would love to see MM die, but they are the vast, vast minority.

Additionally, many guilds use MM data/guild sales history data to determine if guild sales minimums have been met for the week.

This should be, and should have been this entire time, a high priority item for fixing on your lists. This is, at this point, vital functionality to this game.

This.
    Even when they let us just have the basic history, but blocked the actual addon requests its was better than nothing at all.

And yet, the game is still lagging, and cyrodiil is apparently unplayable right now. So it would seem this isnt the real root of the issue
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
    Options
  • Seraphaile
    Seraphaile
    ✭✭✭
    FakeZavos wrote: »
    Dosuul wrote: »
    @ban spammers

You can't ban the guild masters for getting more gold back, since it's not their fault, the system freaked out.

I just hope this Sunday all will be back to normal and live goes on. ;)

Why is it so hard to grasp. We dont want everyone banned? Just the people who exploited it by going onto the markets and buying up all the tempers for example and reselling them for 10x the original price. So, getting the money isnt their fault ofcourse. Then using it for exploiting is their fault tough ;)

Do you honestly think ZOS has the manpower and time to go through all these player histories since the time of the flip and figure out who did what with what money? Cuz if they can't even answer us in a timely way, or fix longstanding issues, what makes you think they could do that? Cuz I don't.

Well they banned people before that were AP farming. Looking at where they got the AP, and how much they got. So yes, they do have the manpower. I dont care about getting the money out of the system. That option is long gone for some people. But finding out who spend all of the money for personal gain is easy.

Yes, Short term bans for AP farming. And those that had spent the AP lost nothing except a few days of play.
    Options
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    The cause was a high volume of add-on requests, game server requests, and multi-bid process requests all hitting at once.
    [...]
    As a temporary solution, we’ve disabled the guild history API functionality that addons use on the PC NA and EU servers until we have additional safeguards in place.
    [...]

I want to formally apologize to the whole community that one of my addons is causing so much trouble :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTsDqIcpHUc
    Options
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arkadius wrote: »
    [...]
    The cause was a high volume of add-on requests, game server requests, and multi-bid process requests all hitting at once.
    [...]
    As a temporary solution, we’ve disabled the guild history API functionality that addons use on the PC NA and EU servers until we have additional safeguards in place.
    [...]

I want to formally apologize to the whole community that one of my addons is causing so much trouble :'(

ahahahaha like randy orton rko from no where
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
    Options
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    [...]
    [...]

arka wins this entire situation. everyone can go home now : :D
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for everyone’s patience while we continue investigating the guild trader and multi-bidding issues that recently occurred on the PC EU server. To give everyone an update, the issues impacting the guild traders from this past weekend were ultimately tied to the overall game load and related processing requests. The cause was a high volume of add-on requests, game server requests, and multi-bid process requests all hitting at once.

As a temporary solution, we’ve disabled the guild history API functionality that addons use on the PC NA and EU servers until we have additional safeguards in place. Disabling this functionality is the quickest and least impactful way to effectively adjust the overall load on the game. We’re still working on adding the additional safeguards and once we’ve tested it internally, we’ll determine if it’s something we can hotfix or if we’ll need to add it to an incremental patch. We’re also discussing the possibility of moving when guild trader ownership switches to another time that’s outside of primetime hours, but still during a reasonable time.

As for the excess gold that some guilds received, we’re currently reviewing which guilds and individuals were affected and will be determining an appropriate course of action soon.

We apologize for the trouble and confusion all this has caused, and appreciate your continued patience.

Permaban then pls

So the game puts extra gold in guild banks and peop
    [...]
    [...]
    [...]

Your addon is the only thing that works properly in this entire game!
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    therift wrote: »
    So still no communication about the guild traders?

You could ask the Game Director in person in Cologne on Saturday:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56631

"Join us on Saturday, August 24, to celebrate the Season of the Dragon, meet your fellow gamers, and discuss the state of ESO and its future with our developers."

That should be a very interesting discussion.

I will be there and yes i will talk to them not only about sunday Guild trader also the complete EU server issue and communication...

What do you want them to say? "We know its broken, we are trying to fix it, we'll let you know when we've made progress." It's all they can say until they have actually get a fix. So what does that tell you? Says they haven't made any progress yet, so we're informed.
    Edited by GarnetFire17 on August 20, 2019 7:18PM
    Options
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    multi-bid process requests all hitting at once
    This load would be partially reduced if the number of the bids were dropped from 10, right? There are a lot of other reasons 10 is already probably too many, so I hope part of the solution is to drop this by a few.

Oh, and I wanted to put in a big thank you for ensuring NA wasn't impacted--I imagine that was a scramble to prevent this issue from being twice as big.
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
    Options
  • Wabu
    Wabu
    ✭✭✭
    Bring EU mega server back home to NA. So Venezuela RP never happens again.
    EU PC | CP 1,000+
    NA PC | Level 10
    Options
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arkadius drops the mic :)
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To those asking that ZOS consults with GMs before setting (perhaps) another timing for the traders' flip : may I ask why ?

There used to be a time when everyone in the guild could see bank movements, therefore bids had to be placed last minute because of spies. This is no longer the case.
    Up until very recently, GMs had to be online upon trader flip in order to organize a backup if needed. With multibidding and the riddance of ghost guilds/backup guilds, this is no longer required.

So.. why does it matter when the trader flip takes place, since you can place your bids whenever you want during the whole week ?
    Also, do you think "all of you" or the majority of you could actually agree on what the "best" time would be, and what are the criteria ?

These are all genuine questions.
    Options
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cani wrote: »
    laksikus wrote: »
    Thanks for everyone’s patience while we continue investigating the guild trader and multi-bidding issues that recently occurred on the PC EU server. To give everyone an update, the issues impacting the guild traders from this past weekend were ultimately tied to the overall game load and related processing requests. The cause was a high volume of add-on requests, game server requests, and multi-bid process requests all hitting at once.

As a temporary solution, we’ve disabled the guild history API functionality that addons use on the PC NA and EU servers until we have additional safeguards in place. Disabling this functionality is the quickest and least impactful way to effectively adjust the overall load on the game. We’re still working on adding the additional safeguards and once we’ve tested it internally, we’ll determine if it’s something we can hotfix or if we’ll need to add it to an incremental patch. We’re also discussing the possibility of moving when guild trader ownership switches to another time that’s outside of primetime hours, but still during a reasonable time.

As for the excess gold that some guilds received, we’re currently reviewing which guilds and individuals were affected and will be determining an appropriate course of action soon.

We apologize for the trouble and confusion all this has caused, and appreciate your continued patience.

ban them from ever trading again

Who? All people who bid in the Week prior?
    All the people who get gold they didnt ask for?

Are you not paying attention, it's not their fault for ZOS sending more gold back to their account, BUT and here's the BUT, if GM'S etc saw they received more gold back and here's the important part, basically took the gold and immediately spent it on wax, tempers etc with a view to selling at an inflated price to make profit on top of the gold return issue/bug, then THESE are the ones that need their account banning perma-, just plain selfish greed with no regard for other people or consequences.

There are plenty of GM'S that have not touched the excess gold, some because they no it's a mistake and morally wrong, some I suspect only out of fear for their account, the ones that spent it knew what they were doing and should so be banned, surely that's pretty clear to understand.

Options
  • jasann
    jasann
    ✭✭✭
    The extra gold my guild recieved I haven't even touched so why should i be banned? Its not my fault that the system couldn't handle the math or server load. Guild leaders like myself who haven't touched it shouldn't be punished, its those who have took the gold, ran with it and spent it like its their last night in Tamriel that need to be looked into. ZoS can take all the extra gold back that my guild got for all I care as we don't need it to stay afloat :)
    Options
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dosuul wrote: »
    @ban spammers

You can't ban the guild masters for getting more gold back, since it's not their fault, the system freaked out.

I just hope this Sunday all will be back to normal and live goes on. ;)

Why is it so hard to grasp. We dont want everyone banned? Just the people who exploited it by going onto the markets and buying up all the tempers for example and reselling them for 10x the original price. So, getting the money isnt their fault ofcourse. Then using it for exploiting is their fault tough ;)

Do you honestly think ZOS has the manpower and time to go through all these player histories since the time of the flip and figure out who did what with what money? Cuz if they can't even answer us in a timely way, or fix longstanding issues, what makes you think they could do that? Cuz I don't.

Well they banned people before that were AP farming. Looking at where they got the AP, and how much they got. So yes, they do have the manpower. I dont care about getting the money out of the system. That option is long gone for some people. But finding out who spend all of the money for personal gain is easy.

Yes, Short term bans for AP farming. And those that had spent the AP lost nothing except a few days of play.

Some short term. Some perma's.
    Why do I even try
    Options
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waynerx8 wrote: »
    Cani wrote: »
    laksikus wrote: »

ban them from ever trading again

Who? All people who bid in the Week prior?
    All the people who get gold they didnt ask for?

Are you not paying attention, it's not their fault for ZOS sending more gold back to their account, BUT and here's the BUT, if GM'S etc saw they received more gold back and here's the important part, basically took the gold and immediately spent it on wax, tempers etc with a view to selling at an inflated price to make profit on top of the gold return issue/bug, then THESE are the ones that need their account banning perma-, just plain selfish greed with no regard for other people or consequences.

There are plenty of GM'S that have not touched the excess gold, some because they no it's a mistake and morally wrong, some I suspect only out of fear for their account, the ones that spent it knew what they were doing and should so be banned, surely that's pretty clear to understand.

Then maybe People should give a bit more Substance to their Posts...

It almost feels like a Witchhunt in here...
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
    Options
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jasann wrote: »
    The extra gold my guild recieved I haven't even touched so why should i be banned? Its not my fault that the system couldn't handle the math or server load. Guild leaders like myself who haven't touched it shouldn't be punished, its those who have took the gold, ran with it and spent it like its their last night in Tamriel that need to be looked into. ZoS can take all the extra gold back that my guild got for all I care as we don't need it to stay afloat :)

No one is calling for the ban of all trader GMs. Just the ones that were cheeky and thought if they spent it all and gathered up all gold tempers they could they could manipulate the market.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
    Options
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you just run yet again to the add-on boogyman in defense of your utter mismanaged environment? If add-ons were the issue all along prior to the run-up to the trading flip... WHY DIDN'T YOU GET RID OF THEM BEFORE????? Why was the trader flip OK on PC NA with those very same add-ons doing their add-on things? If add-ons were truly the problem you make them out to be why is console a complete *** show and they don't have add-ons?????? This run to trash the add-ons which you guys endorse is an absurd passing the buck. I am fully waiting for these add-on makers to give you double middle fingers and wander into the sunset. Obviously the money that many of the veterans spend on yearly subbing, crown store purchases, story purchases, DLC purchases is just not enough as the game of pass the buck continues.

And guess what? With this complete *** show at every single turn, every single platform, every single patch you are going to bring even more subscribers on with Google Stadia platform? The environment is broke, the corporate philosophy is broke, the response is now the add-on card because of your broke environment... and you are going to reach out to yet another platform? This is ludicrous.
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also, all these replies stating "ban them", what have you been smoking? You do realise a vast majority of GM's didnt touch the gold right? We should be banned for a f-up on zos part? at least bring something constructive to the table

Really?

So where is this gold?

Do you know exactly how much gold you've been given that you should never have?

Are you 100% prepared to hand it ALL over to ZOS without question or hesitation?

Based on the rampant commodity price inflation in-game I am 100% certain that if you are you are almost certainly alone.

Most of this gold has been spent cleaning out Gold Tempers and relisting them for 10 times what they cost a week ago.

All The Best

A. it is in my guild bank
    B. Yes
    C. Yes
    D. Well, the 25+ GM's and Alliance leaders in Discord have said the same as me, so perhaps chill out

Well have you seen the price increases on a bunch of common expensive products atm? Guess there is kindoff a reason not to be super chill atm.

Yes. I have seen the prices. The prices and supplies are still perfectly stable. 10 x increase?? What server are you on? or are you just playing the forums? TTC has normal prices up, and when I went from vendor to vendor, plenty of wares at good low prices were still there. Tons of them up for approximately 4k-5k. Please, stop spreading misinformation. The EU server economy is stable.
    Edited by Arrodisia on August 20, 2019 7:55PM
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malingeus wrote: »
    So give an advice: Where should the GMs the extra money send? How do they know the correct numbers regarding refund?

ZOS will sort that out.
    jasann wrote: »

Nobody is suggesting that you and others like you should be banned. It's those who knew they had more gold than they were entitled to and exploited it by using it to distort the market and make a quick buck that people are suggesting should be banned. Those who held onto the extra gold knowing it wasn't theirs should simply have it removed, no more no less, as those who received less than they were due should be credited with the balance owing.
    Options
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the Bid for the Trader i won, but couldnt occupy?
    Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.
    Options
  • JN_Slevin
    JN_Slevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You see there are so many Questions, which wouldnt have come up if you just would have rerolled the Server!
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed will those traders who lost coin because of their one winning bid be refunded automatically or should they submit tickets?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also, all these replies stating "ban them", what have you been smoking? You do realise a vast majority of GM's didnt touch the gold right? We should be banned for a f-up on zos part? at least bring something constructive to the table

Exactly, the players didn't do anything wrong. More important is that the broken/lacking server is swapped out for something that can handle this game, and patching the many bugs which hinder performance as well.
    Options
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly, the players didn't do anything wrong. More important is that the broken/lacking server is swapped out for something that can handle this game, and patching the many bugs which hinder performance as well.

We’ve been asking for this for so long. We all sound like broken records.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »

We’ve been asking for this for so long. We all sound like broken records.

Very true
    Options
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question.
    According to their statement the issue was caused by multiple requests occuring at the same time. Were they unaware that this issue could occur or did it occur due to server limitations? And if it was caused due to server limitations, couldn't they have calculated beforehand where was the limit? Lack of data or lack of preparation?
    Edited by Ash_In_My_Sujamma on August 20, 2019 7:53PM
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To those asking that ZOS consults with GMs before setting (perhaps) another timing for the traders' flip : may I ask why ?

There used to be a time when everyone in the guild could see bank movements, therefore bids had to be placed last minute because of spies. This is no longer the case.
    Up until very recently, GMs had to be online upon trader flip in order to organize a backup if needed. With multibidding and the riddance of ghost guilds/backup guilds, this is no longer required.

So.. why does it matter when the trader flip takes place, since you can place your bids whenever you want during the whole week ?
    Also, do you think "all of you" or the majority of you could actually agree on what the "best" time would be, and what are the criteria ?

All fair points, so long as multibidding actually works. Right now, how confident are you in that system?

May I add one more question to your list? I think it would be helpful getting other GMs on the same page:

Do you think ZOS would even bother considering GMs' feedback on a new flip time?

Anyone who offered multibidding feedback knows just how influential all of our input was. Not. At. All. Literally nothing we said had any impact; they insisted on ramming this system through, exactly as originally pitched.

I'm not sure how I developed amnesia that fast. Disregard my request to be part of a discussion on a new flip time. Fool me once...
    Options
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

reoskit wrote: »

All fair points, so long as multibidding actually works. Right now, how confident are you in that system?

May I add one more question to your list? I think it would be helpful getting other GMs on the same page:

Do you think ZOS would even bother considering GMs' feedback on a new flip time?

Anyone who offered multibidding feedback knows just how influential all of our input was. Not. At. All. Literally nothing we said had any impact; they insisted on ramming this system through, exactly as originally pitched.

I'm not sure how I developed amnesia that fast. Disregard my request to be part of a discussion on a new flip time. Fool me once...

I'm not confident. It will go well on Sunday at this point. The lag is still here without the add ons enabled. It hasn't been fixed. GM's most certainly should be online for the swap, because they can't afford to lose vendors, and bleed money 2 weeks in a row. No vendor = no sales
    Options