Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People without Elsweyr are creating and playing with Necromancers

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

"It’s a free concert from now on. That doesn’t mean that anything goes, what that means is we’re gonna put the music up here for free. What it means is the people who are backing this thing who put up money for it are gonna take a bit of a bath. A big bath. That’s no hype. That’s truth. They’re gonna get hurt. But what it means is that these people have it in their heads that your welfare is a helluva lot more important, and the music is, than a dollar."

August 15, 1969

Edited by Wolfpaw on August 13, 2019 5:27PM
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reason why they let players have their necromancer characters is probably all the possible items in the inventories of characters and bought outfit slots for them, this way Zenimax avoids dealing with all the support tickets and investigations of these characters. It's just about efficiency and saving time, nothing to do with good will. They would give something for players who bought Elsweyr if there was any good will, which they probably won't, because additional work without money is no good.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So freeloaders and exploiters are being rewarded while paying customers continue to see little value for their money in comparison - figures.
  • Cookie_Bunny
    Cookie_Bunny
    ✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

I have NEVER done something like that. Not once. I’ve thought about it but I’ve never done it. My personal values and morals aren’t that loose.

Speak for yourself when you speak of loose morals and poor values.

That's a lie.

Du hast Interesse an einem Julianos Set mit eigenen gewünschten Eigenschaften / Verzauberungen / Aussehen? Sprech mich an!
  • Cookie_Bunny
    Cookie_Bunny
    ✭✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »
    So freeloaders and exploiters are being rewarded while paying customers continue to see little value for their money in comparison - figures.

Show me one freeloader in here please and one exploiter. Of course, please prove that they are (willingly and by intention) freeloaders and exploiters.

Good luck. I'll wait.
    Du hast Interesse an einem Julianos Set mit eigenen gewünschten Eigenschaften / Verzauberungen / Aussehen? Sprech mich an!
  • Devanear
    Devanear
    ✭✭✭✭

I have NEVER done something like that. Not once. I’ve thought about it but I’ve never done it. My personal values and morals aren’t that loose.

That's a lie.

And that is a ridiculous assertion on your part. Just because you would do something like that doesn't mean others would. I don't remember an occasion where something like that happened to me, but I have been given surplus money on change many times and never kept it. Some people do like living up to their standards.

As for this subject, I really don't understand how people can be so worked up when they suffer no negative impact. Yes, some people got necros without paying for them, but that has no detrimental effect on you on any way, shape or form. It just comes of as petty to me. Some people got lucky, good for them.
  • Cookie_Bunny
    Cookie_Bunny
    ✭✭✭
    Devanear wrote: »

And that is a ridiculous assertion on your part.

No, that is exactly what everyone else here, who calls people who didn't knew that this is a bug, a freeloader, or a exploiter, is saying. Why are they allowed to make ridiculous assertion, but I am not allowed to? I can't prove that it's a lie, so the others also can't prove what they are actually talking about.

And why people are behaving so aggressive and mad about this, I can't understand it. It will never affect them. Never. Yet they are really upset about it.

Edited by Cookie_Bunny on August 13, 2019 7:13PM
  • Devanear
    Devanear
    ✭✭✭✭

No, that is exactly what everyone else here, who calls people who didn't knew that this is a bug, a freeloader, or a exploiter. Why are they allowed to make ridiculous assertion, but I am not allowed to? I can't prove that it's a lie, so the others also can't prove what they are actually talking about.

And why people are behaving so aggressive and mad about this, I can't understand it. It will never affect them. Never. Yet they are really upset about it.

Oh, I see. I misread the intent behind your comment. My bad :)

And I agree with the second part of your comment, of course.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several nonconstructive comments. Please ensure your comments remain constructive and civil when posting. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How I'd handle it: Lock the Characters behind Elsweyr access. If they purchase Elsweyr, they unlock that character. They have the ability to delete that character but it'll cost them a delete token.
    How ZOS will probably handle it: Delete the characters and items of the characters even if they were switched, accidentally delete other characters, turn all your housing furnishings upside down, and make you unable to log in due to perma load screens. When they've found out they pretty much ruined your account, they'll just perma ban you.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they keep their necro's, without restrictions. Life is too short to worry about someone getting a occasional freebie, especially an accidental one. If this isn't a first world problem then I don't know what is.
    forever stuck in combat
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, that is exactly what everyone else here, who calls people who didn't knew that this is a bug, a freeloader, or a exploiter, is saying. Why are they allowed to make ridiculous assertion, but I am not allowed to? I can't prove that it's a lie, so the others also can't prove what they are actually talking about.

That's a lie.

Nice how your comment doesn’t get removed.

It’s not a lie, not everyone is as unscrupulous as you admitted (unprompted) to be.

Also I have no problem with the free Necromancer.

I accepted the situation on page 6, before you joined in with your “everyone takes advantage of situations all the time” bs (the first ridiculous assertion You made that I responded to, only for you to make Another ridiculous assertion.)
    SIGH. Just come to a place of acceptance. Nothing will happen. Buy or don’t buy, there are plenty of cat-lovers out there for Zos to cover expenses.

What I want? Character is grayed out until the chapter is unlocked on account.

What I will get? Rueful chagrin and less guilt toward how I treat Zos.

I haven’t accused anyone of being an exploiter or a cheater, however now that you admit to exploitation in real life it makes me wonder. I’m not going to assert that you are one, however.
    Edited by max_only on August 13, 2019 8:50PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn’t report THIS particular bug because I’m not a snitch. All the bugs ZOS WON’T fix with the excuse that it doesn’t affect enough people to matter...well it only affects their bottom line so of course they’ll fix it.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a lie.

Nice how your comment doesn’t get removed.

It’s not a lie, not everyone is as unscrupulous as you admitted (unprompted) to be.

Also I have no problem with the free Necromancer.

I accepted the situation on page 6, before you joined in with your “everyone takes advantage of situations all the time” bs (the first ridiculous assertion You made that I responded to, only for you to make Another ridiculous assertion.)
    SIGH. Just come to a place of acceptance. Nothing will happen. Buy or don’t buy, there are plenty of cat-lovers out there for Zos to cover expenses.

What I want? Character is grayed out until the chapter is unlocked on account.

What I will get? Rueful chagrin and less guilt toward how I treat Zos.

I haven’t accused anyone of being an exploiter or a cheater, however now that you admit to exploitation in real life it makes me wonder. I’m not going to assert that you are one, however.

Lmao, they removed mine too
  • worir5
    worir5
    ✭✭✭
    May as well just let the people who don't own the elsweyr expansion keep the character until the end of the ESO plus trial, then everyone is happy(mostly)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Samadhi wrote: »
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    OUCH That is a sticky mess bug.

On the topic of deleting unauthorized necromancers- (if deleting) Will the inventory on those necros also get deleted?

For that matter, Crown Store purchases?

I mean, players ought to know better than to expect to keep their necromancer if they didnt pay for Elsweyr.
    You’re assuming the majority of those people have in depth knowledge of the crown store and forums. What happens to the guy who thought they made it free because he had eso plus. Now he has the chance of getting his character deleted because there is no communication from the developer that it’s a bug.

no, @ZOS_GinaBruno already stated there will be no deletes

at this point, legitimate players are just hoping for the reasonable action of access to the characters having been locked until they are properly unlocked

Speak for yourself.

I could not possibly care less. Stop worrying so much about what other people do or don't have. It's not healthy.

I couldn’t agree more. I recently bought Elsweyr full price and ESO+ and am happy with what I got. Why should other players getting a taste of it or getting it on sale or anything else change that??? The answer is that it shouldn’t. And I totally don’t get those of you who say you’re unsubbing over this but hey, whatever makes you happy.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t report THIS particular bug because I’m not a snitch. All the bugs ZOS WON’T fix with the excuse that it doesn’t affect enough people to matter...well it only affects their bottom line so of course they’ll fix it.

100% this. No matter how complex the issue, if it hit's their wallet they'll get it done asap, instead of fixing the real issues with this game.

People who reported this probably got Elsweyr as a present from their wife's boyfriend.
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    Well whatever the exploit is it seems fixed.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who reported this probably got Elsweyr as a present from their wife's boyfriend.

Ha ha ha excellent.. thanks for the laugh ! :-)
  • Amira
    Amira
    ✭✭✭
    And yet they banned people for glitching a skin nice

Zos should lock their Necros till they buy the content.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Saelent wrote: »
    Saelent wrote: »
    Imagine screwing up your own game this badly and then your community tries to insist it’s the players’ fault that through completely ordinary means they got some benefit.

They didn’t go scheming around hacking the game. They didn’t glitch into a wall to go snipe a boss. It was nothing different than usual, they were given the option to create a character, they made a character.

I’m sick and fkin tired of this community trying to lynch players for daring to benefit from something the game hands to them. Meanwhile all the *** show going on with performance and they say “have you called your ISP? Is your PC a potato?”

Well I’m sick a ‘fkin’ tired of people trying to use the excuse of ‘this game is bugged anyway’ to keep whatever they got by illegitimate means. What if I got the PTS gold? Would I want to keep it? Hell yes, but would I expect it to be removed? HELL YES.
    But hey, it’s a bug and this game is bugged? But I’d bet you’d be one of the people complaining if I had a free 1000k in my inventory.

Why would I care? A million gold isn’t hard to make, on top of that, there’s nothing to use that gold on I couldn’t get myself. The same is true for anyone.

It’s funny you think I’d give crap about fake currency that has almost no use at max level. I didn’t when people got dozens of CP from IC, which is far less impactful than being able to make a new character. I don’t care that people got to make a necromancer without having to pay for a bogus chapter with less content than even Wrothgar offered. I’m happy for those players that can try out the new class without being ripped off.

Yes, 1 million gold, I didn’t word that right did I...I actually meant ‘one thousand million’ depending where you’re looking at it from its ‘one trillion’ which I bet you’d care just a little about since it would take a lot longer to make.

Now, you might not care about this game getting the support for the items it sells, but I find it interesting that you care enough that these people still get to ‘try it out’. I suspect that you’re no longer playing this game, not having paid for anything anyway, which makes me question, that if what happens to or supports this game is of no matter to you, why are you haunting the forums, little ghost?

I log in to do a daily, check if guildies need help, if they don’t I leave, because there is nothing to do in this game anymore. I’ve played every class, done every role, finished every trial, completed literally every single quest in the game.

And no, I still wouldn’t care if you had 100 million gold, I wouldn’t care if you have 100 billion gold. The amount is meaningless. I’ve bought every DLC, bought the chapters, and I regret giving ZOS a dime. They prove time and time again they have absolutely no priority on bugs unless it’s beneficial to players.

Anything else? Meh, why not make us wait another 6 months, then maybe they’ll try to fix it.

That’s how I know you’ve played the game for a while. They can fix a bug like this in less than a week but it takes a couple months to fix the stuck in combat bug right? That’s why I don’t care now that the players got a freebie from their own mistake, serves them right.

Same thoughts here. They'll let bugs that hurt our experience go on for months, but ones that help us get patched as quick as possible. The bug that let us get the Onyx Indrik with the first berry was hotfixed immediately but got unpatched a few days later. I don't feel bad that a lot of people got it a few months early and saved 30 tickets.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    at this point, legitimate players are just hoping for the reasonable action of access to the characters having been locked until they are properly unlocked

No, as a legit player I'm enjoying all the sturm und drang, but I'm not hoping for this at all.

The real reason most of the lynch mob are upset is, of course, because they perceive someone else having gotten something for free that they paid for. BFD, it's, what, $30? Move on, worry about your own crap instead ow stressing about what someone else may or may not have gotten that's better than you. You'll live longer.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's fixed now people, stop the whining

Do you feel bad because you had to pay for something and some people got it for free? Cry me a river pls

What ZoS decides to do with the people that exploited is ZoS business after all is their money and content
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion people should be held to higher standards. Even if you did not know it was a bug when creating the necro, by ZOS hotfixing it, you do now. I agree with what some have posted here, and locking the necro untill purchase, maybe even add it as on-sale dlc so they do not have to buy entire Elsweyr. Just move the items and currencies on the locked characters to the bank or the highest toon on the account.

If ZOS does not uphold these standards I can only imagine what happens next time if they accidently sell an entire expansion or a year long ESO+ sub for free.... exploit as much as you want guys?... doubt it. Not locking the exploited characters or giving away the necro to everyone for free will send that message.

People should really have higher standards for themselves and others. If I were to create one of these necro's during a bug, I wouldn't be surprised if it got locked. In fact I would even expect it to be. Even if I did not know it was a bug.

It is not about monetary value, it is about moral standards. And about future exploits.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what ZOS does...

Delete the toons and temp ban the accounts. Might seem severe but I'm not a fan of the "my exploiting is ZOS's fault" attitude.
    Yes temp banning players who are returning and havent played the game for awhile and don't know that necromancers are part of paid content. Smart.

Just to confirm, we won't be deleting the characters or banning accounts for this.

And just to confirm if you do not delete there's I want a refund from mine Three no reason somebody should be able to keep something from a bug that you're paying customer had to pay for
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey this is ESO so we have to have some type of lawyers playing this game you know somebody who can get ahold of the Better Business Bureau and let THEM know the kind of *** businesses THIS company has I mean I want my *** money back if I could have just waited couple weeks couple months and got it for free for a *** exploit I wouldn't had to spend 70 *** dollars
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on August 14, 2019 7:36AM
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just let the class be free. Classes should never be behind a paywall (especially with a measly 6 classes). Most mmos have double or even quadruple that with all of them included in the base game.

Some of you people are unbelievable going on about this... Smh

Edited by Enkil on August 14, 2019 7:41AM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i was gonna buy elsweyr because of necro, and i believe summerset doesnt come with elsweyr expansion?

Now i have no desire to buy it. Damn i wish i acted fast.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    let's ban the people that don't give us money for our horrible progressing product lol
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    In my opinion people should be held to higher standards. Even if you did not know it was a bug when creating the necro, by ZOS hotfixing it, you do now. I agree with what some have posted here, and locking the necro untill purchase, maybe even add it as on-sale dlc so they do not have to buy entire Elsweyr. Just move the items and currencies on the locked characters to the bank or the highest toon on the account.

If ZOS does not uphold these standards I can only imagine what happens next time if they accidently sell an entire expansion or a year long ESO+ sub for free.... exploit as much as you want guys?... doubt it. Not locking the exploited characters or giving away the necro to everyone for free will send that message.

People should really have higher standards for themselves and others. If I were to create one of these necro's during a bug, I wouldn't be surprised if it got locked. In fact I would even expect it to be. Even if I did not know it was a bug.

It is not about monetary value, it is about moral standards. And about future exploits.
    You are technically correct.
    However its no functions in place for moving items around nor locking down characters.
    This will have to be developed then tested.
    You could probably do it manually but again depending on how many managed to do this exploit.

And yes its pretty obvious that if you get an to good to be true deal after an patch take it.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.