The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

People without Elsweyr are creating and playing with Necromancers

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy biscuits n gravy. Is this thread still goin? Why havent you locked it ZOS? Killing my feed yo
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    When a brinks driver fails to do his or her job correctly and 500k cold hard cash starts blowing around on I95 do we get to keep all the cash we can get out and grab? What's the difference??

Why is thread still going on? Also why do people think they can compare the ethics of this game to the real world? Can companies sell products that’s have a multitude of issues that effect over 50% of it customer base? Even worse you can’t make a proper analogy, a better one would be if you wait tables and saw a 20$ bill on the ground, should you then report it to your manager or should you keep it.

At least that analogy has the same comparison of the user already being used to a similar occurrence. The waiter assumes it’s a tip, the person who got the necro assumed it was base game. To play devils advocate, the waiter could of reported the money to the manager ( manager would of kept it too lol) and the person who got the necromancer for free could of researched the crown store to find out it’s apart of Elyswer.

This analogy while not perfect makes more sense in being congruent with both examples ( in my opinion).
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make necromancer permanently free for everyone.

Compensate players who own Elsweyr with something else, eg. crates, crowns, gems, mount etc.

Everyone gets something.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    How are the free necro players doing? I hope you are having fun with your free class... i also hope that everyone complaining and asking for bans, lock outs or anything else are not having fun.

How about those of us who pursued ZOS for an Elsweyr refund as a result of this fiasco
    do you want word from us as newly free Necromancer players?

Necromancer has been fun since purchase, but is arguably more fun remaining unlocked after refund
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy biscuits n gravy. Is this thread still goin? Why havent you locked it ZOS? Killing my feed yo
    Drunk postings, this one prefer just to drink.
    GlbczbOh.png
    Its recommended however if drunk enough Zaria might do vet dlc to get rid of all the repair kits and skyshards who piles up.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    How are the free necro players doing? I hope you are having fun with your free class... i also hope that everyone complaining and asking for bans, lock outs or anything else are not having fun.

How about those of us who pursued ZOS for an Elsweyr refund as a result of this fiasco

Necromancer has been fun since purchase, but is arguably more fun remaining unlocked after refund

So you bought Elsweyr, got a refund and can still play on your necro? Wow i dont agree with this! This requires a whole new topic! I demand a lock out for your necro!
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So you bought Elsweyr, got a refund and can still play on your necro? Wow i dont agree with this! This requires a whole new topic! I demand a lock out for your necro!

How unfortunate for you to feel that way

will try to have extra fun with my Necros on your behalf
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    l o l
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    its the coldharbor house fiasco all over again, login early enough to exploit something and you get it for free thats fantastic
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what ZOS does...

Delete the toons and temp ban the accounts. Might seem severe but I'm not a fan of the "my exploiting is ZOS's fault" attitude.
    Yes temp banning players who are returning and havent played the game for awhile and don't know that necromancers are part of paid content. Smart.

Just to confirm, we won't be deleting the characters or banning accounts for this.

Every time exploiters get away, people who play by the rules feel like fools.
    Thanks for nothing ZOS. @ZOS_GinaBruno

This sort of policy is why players will EXPLOIT MORE. They just have to play dumb afterwards.

At a MINIMUM, players who did not own Elsweyr, but who deleted one of their existing toons to create a Necromancer during the exploit period, should face consequences.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 17, 2019 6:15AM
  • Naxworth
    Naxworth
    Soul Shriven
    [/i]

If the above is true I think it's pretty poor of ZOS to not offer some form of compensation to those of us who paid for Elsweyr and didn't demand a refund.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    You complaining about a free Necro, then you shouldn't be using free wifi because others need to use it. I am sure lots of these people have downloaded illegally as well.

I guess we can say, For anyone who has not used anything for free while others have to pay for it, cast the first stone.

The logic falls flat as I am pretty sure most of us do not use mooch wifi. Yes, we use wifi provided at businesses we frequent but that really is not free as it's cost is covered by the revenue the generate from my business. It is like saying I am getting free AC or heat while in those businesses which would be a rather silly argument. So I am actually paying for that wifi I am using in my hotel room right now even though I have not incurred a separate charge for it.

I seriously doubt we have many people in here that go up to a business just to use their wifi and do not do any business with them. I would expect we all have internet we pay for, or someone in our household pays for and are not moochers as you suggest.

It would seem we are all free to profess our opinion on the matter.

Doesn't mean I am wrong. How about if you stayed at that hotel and the wifi wasn't free, but you used it anyways because of some error. Yeah I am sure you would still be using the free wifi until it was fixed.

If you have to come up with some absurd hypothetical to support your hypothetical then something is very wrong.

It sounds like you are trying to suggest most of the people here are thieves because using someone's wifi without permission is illegal.
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does this thread have so many people complaining about this bug, like how in world will it affect your gameplay? Stop crying just because something exclusive is less now exclusive... Not saying that I benefitted from the bug, but I just don't see what the whine is all about.
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geroken777 wrote: »
    Why does this thread have so many people complaining about this bug, like how in world will it affect your gameplay? Stop crying just because something exclusive is less now exclusive... Not saying that I benefitted from the bug, but I just don't see what the whine is all about.

Because ZoS is rewarding exploiters
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously ZOS identifies this as a mistake and not an exploit as is their right to do so.
    This thread should of been closed a long time ago.
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously ZOS identifies this as a mistake and not an exploit as is their right to do so.
    This thread should of been closed a long time ago.

Pretty much. The lynch mob is in rare form these days lol.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    You complaining about a free Necro, then you shouldn't be using free wifi because others need to use it. I am sure lots of these people have downloaded illegally as well.

I guess we can say, For anyone who has not used anything for free while others have to pay for it, cast the first stone.

The logic falls flat as I am pretty sure most of us do not use mooch wifi. Yes, we use wifi provided at businesses we frequent but that really is not free as it's cost is covered by the revenue the generate from my business. It is like saying I am getting free AC or heat while in those businesses which would be a rather silly argument. So I am actually paying for that wifi I am using in my hotel room right now even though I have not incurred a separate charge for it.

I seriously doubt we have many people in here that go up to a business just to use their wifi and do not do any business with them. I would expect we all have internet we pay for, or someone in our household pays for and are not moochers as you suggest.

It would seem we are all free to profess our opinion on the matter.

Doesn't mean I am wrong. How about if you stayed at that hotel and the wifi wasn't free, but you used it anyways because of some error. Yeah I am sure you would still be using the free wifi until it was fixed.

Admit it. It was a bad example. WiFi can have passwords if the owner so chooses.

Has nothing to do with this situation. There was no Intent to cheat the company or the game by the players. They go to character creation and 'Hey, Necromancer is an option. Cool!" And they make a character.

Zos has already stated that it was a Bug and they are dealing with it. The clarify, that means Zos said it was their fault and not the player's fault.

When the player is not at fault, there is not basis for the complaint. Stuff happens. And in the grand scheme of this game, a few extra Necromancers running around changes Nothing and does not affect game play at all.

IMHO

:#
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait....some people got refunds because if this bug alone? Really???. I could understand maybe half off as a goodwill gesture but a full refund? It's not just necromancer that came with it..It was a whole new zone.

Edited to Add - Don't get me wrong, I was extremely disappointed in the Necromancer class but the zone is fantastic! Plus we got a free house.
    Edited by VirtualElizabeth on August 17, 2019 4:47PM
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait....some people got refunds because if this bug alone? Really???. I could understand maybe half off as a goodwill gesture but a full refund? It's not just necromancer that came with it..It was a whole new zone.

Edited to Add - Don't get me wrong, I was extremely disappointed in the Necromancer class but the zone is fantastic! Plus we got a free house.

as stated earlier in this thread, purchased the expansion expressly for Necromancer and have not done any content in the new zone,
    aside from escaping the worst tutorial to date and running over to a Wayshrine to port to Daggerfall and begin the game proper

if you enjoy the zone and feel you got your moneys worth, rejoice -- players who made a Necromancer while the bug was active still do not have access to Elsweyr
    my attitude was one of not minding losing access to the new zone, and believing strongly that Necromaner should have been in the base game from the start (given how important and frequently Necromancy shows up in this iteration of Tamriel)

my thought process in contacting CS was a simple one -- one way or another, would get my money back
    just a matter of if ZOS would be reasonable and refund and remove the unwanted content
    or a matter of cancelling ESO Plus for several months to garner back the cost of the expansion

struck me as more logical and potentially better for me than simply cancelling my subscription out of nowhere and leaving ZOS to figure out whether my account was another crying about the combat changes and DoT meta