Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People without Elsweyr are creating and playing with Necromancers

• Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I can understand not banning accounts but it seems odd you are allowing some players to benefit from exploiting this while most have had to pay to play a class added to the game.

So someone who plays Necro for a few hours and then decides to purchase Elsewyr shouldn't have access to the necro they created? Their character has to be deleted?

You know, there are other options, like just locking the character so it becomes unselectable. Then they can purchase Elsewyr and play it again.

We like our extremism here. Punish everyone, maximum penalty, make them pay! ... Unless it's you (general context), of course. Then it's unjustified, etc, etc.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankaridan wrote: »
    I can understand not banning accounts but it seems odd you are allowing some players to benefit from exploiting this while most have had to pay to play a class added to the game.

So someone who plays Necro for a few hours and then decides to purchase Elsewyr shouldn't have access to the necro they created? Their character has to be deleted?

You know, there are other options, like just locking the character so it becomes unselectable. Then they can purchase Elsewyr and play it again.

We like our extremism here. Punish everyone, maximum penalty, make them pay! ... Unless it's you (general context), of course. Then it's unjustified, etc, etc.

LOL. Either you did not actually ready what you quoted or this is a pretty petty way to start an argument since I clearly did not say any of the BS you are suggesting. Extremism. lol.
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    - I did not do fungal grotto 1 thing, I get kicked , lost time, people get rewards fast. they got they want i did not.
    - I did not do veteran sunspire chest farm, I tried doing normal, people left after chest I lost time. they got they want i did not
    - I did not do bot buying , instead thousand hours to get materials and resell, people did not and do nothing. they got they want 100x more than me in 1000x less time i did not
    - I did not do free necromancer getting for my alt account. I did pay for two accounts. I also want it for another account. but I just couldnt as it was wrong. most of people knowing this , i dont believe other case, but people dont care . they got they want and i did not. and told my guild mates please do not as zos may ban you.

so moral of the story, I, @OsManiaC of pc eu very sorry to tell everyone, friends, guild mates to avoid bug using or doing things against codes of conduct. ı am terribly sorry to the ones listened me and lost all possible opportunities. i will shut my mouth.
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Oh, fixing this is going to be ugly. If they delete necromancer characters that were created by people who don't own Elsweyr then those people are going to be pissed. If they don't delete necromancer characters that were created by people who don't own Elsweyr then people who bought Elsweyr primarily for the necromancer class are going to be pissed.

There IS a middle road option. Seeing as Zos has taken responsibility that it is a bug, and the players who made Necros did so without cheating or any other malevolent intent, - Zos fixes the problem so it does not happen any longer and just allows the accounts to continue. So you end up with a few extra Necros that may or may not have ended up in the game, depending on whether or not a player would have decided down the road to go ahead and buy it.

Bottom line is - It is Not as big an issue, in the big picture, as people may think.

And to answer the questions - Yes, I have already purchased Elsweyr and can make as many Necros as I want, and No - I currently do not have any Necro characters, but that may change soon. So I don't have any particular bias.

IMHO

:#
  • thestillwinter
    where was this article 3 days ago when i was playing eso!? i would have totally made a necro for free and kept him. this is absolute bs the rest of us dont get necro when random people do and everyone who paid for the game just got the fat dump.

im sorry but instead of a hotfix. i would like a much better apology and compensation as i spent the past 3 days farming for gold to purchase dlc and this one was free if i read the forums more often and you dont care letting it go. pretty pissed. no offense. but definitely pretty upset.

both sides of eso here, a player with and without elsweyr are both pissed. one because it was purchased for actual money to play the class before it became eso+ for a year and another who wants the class but doesnt want to pay. its bs and i think the devs need to be either giving to the players who got nothing and an added X for those who purchased the game... or take away the non paid for necros and apologize to them for giving them what wasnt paid for

no one likes apologizing for their mistakes but its even harder to make up for them. boss up and act like real developers and take away or give more for YOUR mistakes. We as a forum or as your players did not do this. YOU DID as a team. So YOU AS A TEAM can man up or get a better team that wont make the same mistake as something this bumbling again.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LurgidBean wrote: »
    yRaven wrote: »
    It's fixed now people, stop the whining

Do you feel bad because you had to pay for something and some people got it for free? Cry me a river pls

Well float me out of Craglorn because, yes.
    It does feel bad..because we paid money for something someone else got for free; so soon after paying, which is not precedent.
    That doesn't make us bad or selfish people. It just feels bad, man. I don't want to take away from anyone, but it would feel better if we were compensated in some minor way. Even if just to acknowledge "Oops! Our bad." Here, have X Crowns or X gold, or even a few Twitch-style basic crown crates like dropped in our accounts today.
    Not everyone will be happy, but at least there is some acknowledgement that some of the most engaged players might feel a little miffed, and something is done as a sort of "peace offering".

The easiest solution is: get over it. It doesn't matter. Stop worrying about what other people do or don't have.
    Edited by LiquidPony on August 15, 2019 5:32PM
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should he?
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I can't believe people are arguing about this for 6 pages! When ZOS made a mistake on that house awhile back, some people got the house for free. ZOS fixed the mistake but did not take the house away. When ZOS made a mistake on that Indrik berry, they fixed it but did not take the Indrik away. Now they've made a mistake on necro and fixed it without taking the necro away. So what?!! It doesn't affect me or my game.

Take it from someone who is old...........life is too short for all this nonsense over a game!

Sad on how some people are like "I had to buy it, so they need to buy it and not get it for free!"
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    OUCH That is a sticky mess bug.

On the topic of deleting unauthorized necromancers- (if deleting) Will the inventory on those necros also get deleted?

For that matter, Crown Store purchases?

I mean, players ought to know better than to expect to keep their necromancer if they didnt pay for Elsweyr.

well except some people have no clue about what they are doing, im seriously not saying this as an excuse but some people are not as elite or uber gamers as others; they could easily make a character and choose necromancer not having the faintest idea that this class shouldnt have been available to them.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    itscompton wrote: »
    Nice how quickly they can push a fix for something when it's directly costing them money, meanwhile my Templar is running on foot from Chalman to Bloodmayne because I got in a fight 15 minutes ago and I'm still stuck in combat.

They can fix something quickly when it is easy to fix.

Why are glitches that help us 99% of the easy fixes while the ones that annoy us take forever?

Well, for example only, enabling the Necromancer class for everyone might be a configuration "checkbox" on the server. They can fix it just by going into the server and "turning it off".

On the other hand, stuck in combat is probably not a "keep player in combat until tomorrow" checkbox, so it takes a little longer to fix.

2+ years vs. less than a day. Yep just a "little longer".
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    t-l-chargement.jpg
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care that people (i'm willing to bet much smaller than we all imagine) got to make and keep a necro for free when I paid for it. Part of my reasoning is thus, when I originally purchased the game I spent a good deal of money on the version that came with the imperial race and the ability to make the armor. The phrasing on the store page implied that this was the only way to acquire the Imperial armor motif and within a week or so I started seeing people selling the motif book for imperial. At the time I was super upset because one of the main reasons I paid extra was for the imperial armor. All these years later, I have come to think of it differently. I paid for the privilege of having the imperial armor motif (and other assorted bonuses) right away and not requiring a huge amount of gold in game to acquire it.

People that purchased the chapter just for the necro, paid for the benefit of having access to something that others not prepared to pay did not. Even if it is valued at $30 (to you) that's roughly what, $10 bucks a month? Compared to other forms of entertainment that is an absurdly low cost. Yes, some people got one part of a chapter for doing nothing but be in the right place at the right time but we all had it before and continue to have it when many others still don't have access to it. It's a bummer, but that's just the way things have shaken out.

I don't have any issue locking down the necro until the chapter has been purchased, but I only support that idea if it's something they could reasonably do. As it seems that they have not, I would guess there is something in the code that might require extra development time which I honestly would prefer be put towards more pressing issues in the game.

"It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Sad on how some people are like "I had to buy it, so they need to buy it and not get it for free!"

Yup... there was a time were "justice" and "equality" was meant for other people to have access to things we have. Now it seems to mean for others to not have access to what we don't have...
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about....

Who gives a ***?
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see, I paid full price for ESO. That is $60 Canadian on PC and Xbox. So how come Steam can have it for $12. Not fair at all.

Even worse, people play ESO for free and get all the benefits and not even pay. Shockingly unfair. OMG. What is the world coming to?

Or, I bought something ON MY OWN FREE WILL. So if I bought something on my own free will, then I had no issues with it at the time of purchase. So what does it matter after time of purchase? Even if Zenimax gave everyone a free copy it doesn't matter. I could have waited on MY OWN FREE WILL (just like how I bought Elsywer for PC but not XBOX) and get it cheaper or free.

So is anyone here telling me that people stalked on making a new character 24 hours a day to get something free? Of course not. So to see the option available tells me that Zenimax want to give this out for people now. Just like how they give out free trials, or free pets, or free houses, what ever. If it was a mistake, then usually the "lowest ticket price" is what is sold in a store. No different here. The price was Zero. So if an error was made, the store eats it up. Simple. I am sure this has happened to some of us and now of others of this happening to.

So if someone sees a twenty dollar bill on the ground will not pick it up? What a bunch of hypocrites we have here. I am sure the people who are crying are doing things for "free" that other people have paid for.

You complaining about a free Necro, then you shouldn't be using free wifi because others need to use it. I am sure lots of these people have downloaded illegally as well.

I guess we can say, For anyone who has not used anything for free while others have to pay for it, cast the first stone.
    Edited by Davor on August 15, 2019 9:56PM

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    OUCH That is a sticky mess bug.

On the topic of deleting unauthorized necromancers- (if deleting) Will the inventory on those necros also get deleted?

For that matter, Crown Store purchases?

I mean, players ought to know better than to expect to keep their necromancer if they didnt pay for Elsweyr.

well except some people have no clue about what they are doing, im seriously not saying this as an excuse but some people are not as elite or uber gamers as others; they could easily make a character and choose necromancer not having the faintest idea that this class shouldnt have been available to them.

Big deal lock the necro and make a new character.
    The more characters you have the more thoroughly you understand the game anyway.
    Why is it a bad thing if people need to start a new toon? This is coming from a player that naively only had a stamblade for 3 years. If I had made more chars sooner I'd be a better player now! Locking necro even if it is their only toon will make them better in the long run. They should only be available to play if youve purchased them but whatever I dont get paid to make those decisions 😉
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calling people exploiters for making a new class with a good and reasonable expectation they should be able to do so when it’s been added to the game is just asinine. I pre-ordered for the zone personally and only recently started my necro. I didn’t even know the class was locked to expansion purchase until I came across this ridiculous thread on the forums.

The expansion is for the zone and content of Elsweyr and coincides with the addition of the necro class. Nothing about necromancy, an Elder Scrolls staple, is tied to that zone or lore, and necromancy has been part of he game since launch with Mannimarco and all. It should have been made available to all, but ZOS are hyper-capitalists and like to charge for every little thing beyond the standard cosmetic and convenience things that are expected for this business model.

ZOS marketing makes decisions about what to charge for and what to release to all as part of the base game. A new 6th class (very few still for an mmo) should have most definitely been added to base game.

This same team also fails to migrate certain game additions and improvements from their cash store to the base game after abundant time and legit justification for charging has passed. Just look at them still charging $20 for Any Race, Any Alliance years after One Tamriel made it a vestige and necessitated it being migrated to base game.

This continued outrage directed at players reflects far more poorly on those that keep complaining and demonizing others, than on anyone who made a new toon to play when it was added. If you want to post and post about this type of thing, why not direct your ire toward the proper culprits?

Edited by Enkil on August 16, 2019 2:28AM
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    Why wasn't this move to Bugs and or lock yesterday? j/s... lol
    Gert Soem!!
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I can't believe people are arguing about this for 6 pages! When ZOS made a mistake on that house awhile back, some people got the house for free. ZOS fixed the mistake but did not take the house away. When ZOS made a mistake on that Indrik berry, they fixed it but did not take the Indrik away. Now they've made a mistake on necro and fixed it without taking the necro away. So what?!! It doesn't affect me or my game.

Take it from someone who is old...........life is too short for all this nonsense over a game!

Right?? People are so selfish these days... I hope you all keep your characters :)
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skullderic wrote: »
    Why wasn't this move to Bugs and or lock yesterday? j/s... lol

Why can't you just not click on this? Oh you one of those people who can't take responsibility for their own actions? Why eliminate freedom of choice?

After all, you don't have to read this thread. Choice is yours, read or don't read. No need to ask for lock.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You complaining about a free Necro, then you shouldn't be using free wifi because others need to use it. I am sure lots of these people have downloaded illegally as well.

I guess we can say, For anyone who has not used anything for free while others have to pay for it, cast the first stone.

The logic falls flat as I am pretty sure most of us do not use mooch wifi. Yes, we use wifi provided at businesses we frequent but that really is not free as it's cost is covered by the revenue the generate from my business. It is like saying I am getting free AC or heat while in those businesses which would be a rather silly argument. So I am actually paying for that wifi I am using in my hotel room right now even though I have not incurred a separate charge for it.

I seriously doubt we have many people in here that go up to a business just to use their wifi and do not do any business with them. I would expect we all have internet we pay for, or someone in our household pays for and are not moochers as you suggest.

It would seem we are all free to profess our opinion on the matter.
    Edited by idk on August 16, 2019 2:16AM
  • Gronk
    Gronk
    ✭✭✭
    I have collectors edition and bier and others who like game I do not mind spending 79€ and other get it for free I don't care. More important things like lady saying I'm late or dog going missing. It is done it is over Gina mommy of the year 2018 said it was handled let it go, and play the game.

Shi^ happens that is life. the world outside has lots of shi^ happening stop crying and put on grown up pants.

Where I am if you cry you get two choices the backhand or the front five be adults it was a mistake on Zenicracks end and they fixed it.

Mods lock this crap azz thread already!! It is full of whiny baby types who are the same ones who backstab you on other media types like reddit/4ch/8ch/twatter and such
    Old Guard since Jan 2014
    "Read more, Post less."
  • Billdor
    Billdor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    If so, why report it ?

Because I paid something like £40 to play Elsweyr whilst people exploit the game and get a major selling point for free?
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The logic falls flat as I am pretty sure most of us do not use mooch wifi. Yes, we use wifi provided at businesses we frequent but that really is not free as it's cost is covered by the revenue the generate from my business. It is like saying I am getting free AC or heat while in those businesses which would be a rather silly argument. So I am actually paying for that wifi I am using in my hotel room right now even though I have not incurred a separate charge for it.

I seriously doubt we have many people in here that go up to a business just to use their wifi and do not do any business with them. I would expect we all have internet we pay for, or someone in our household pays for and are not moochers as you suggest.

It would seem we are all free to profess our opinion on the matter.

Doesn't mean I am wrong. How about if you stayed at that hotel and the wifi wasn't free, but you used it anyways because of some error. Yeah I am sure you would still be using the free wifi until it was fixed.

• fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billdor wrote: »
    If so, why report it ?

Because I paid something like £40 to play Elsweyr whilst people exploit the game and get a major selling point for free?

This
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If so, why report it ?

More like, you signed the TOS that require you to report exploits.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are the free necro players doing? I hope you are having fun with your free class... i also hope that everyone complaining and asking for bans, lock outs or anything else are not having fun.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Hey this is ESO so we have to have some type of lawyers playing this game you know somebody who can get ahold of the Better Business Bureau and let THEM know the kind of *** businesses THIS company has I mean I want my *** money back if I could have just waited couple weeks couple months and got it for free for a *** exploit I wouldn't had to spend 70 *** dollars

You think the BBB would take that complaint seriously? There is nothing that ZOS is doing in this incident that is being done in bad faith. Deleting the characters of people who created them in good faith would be far more reasonable grounds for a complaint than them taking the hit on freebies due to exploits.

Where are you that you had to spend $70 to get access to Necro? It didn't cost $70 just to get necro in the US and I doubt it cost that in Canada. I have no idea about Mexico, but the BBB only covers NA afaik If you spent $70, it was for added stuff that people didn't get during the bug. The chapter cost $40, though there were plenty of discounts available on preorder.

Regardless of price, they still exploited, and no they should not be able to get off Scott free

I’ve never understood how ZOS DEIGNED to punish anyone for bugs the leave unfixed in the game for however it remains in the game.

Punish the coders. Punish the tech team assigned to bug fixes. Punish the in house testers who missed the bugs. Hold your team to a higher standard.

Yet, to punish someone doing something the game allows them to do?...when you won’t fix bugs for years on end...smacks of mediocrity to me.

Quit looking for freebies and its not punishing anyone just lock the chars behind the dam paywall like they were supposed to be....

I preordered Elsweyr and DID NOT roll a Necro and DO NOT care at ALL if someone rolled one for free if ZOS released Elsweyr with that bug in it.

Fix the other bugs.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a brinks driver fails to do his or her job correctly and 500k cold hard cash starts blowing around on I95 do we get to keep all the cash we can get out and grab? What's the difference??
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    If so, why report it ?

More like, you signed the TOS that require you to report exploits.
    More like: we paid actual money for this crap