The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

People without Elsweyr are creating and playing with Necromancers

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Samadhi wrote: »
    bakermir wrote: »
    What do you mean "bug"?

I just created and invested so much in my necromancer, I assumed this was free with new patch as a feature.

well, hopefully when you pay to unlock access to the class you will be able to continue on with your experience :)
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what ZOS does...

Delete the toons and temp ban the accounts. Might seem severe but I'm not a fan of the "my exploiting is ZOS's fault" attitude.
    Yes temp banning players who are returning and havent played the game for awhile and don't know that necromancers are part of paid content. Smart.

Just to confirm, we won't be deleting the characters or banning accounts for this.

locking access to characters for people who have not purchased at the very least?
    or is this going to be another example of you guys telling us that as long as we exploit fast and quiet it will be allowed going forward as it has been in the past?

Stop whining man, your supposed to be supporting your fellow gamer. Not trying to get their character disabled because they got something for free while you paid for it. It’s not the consumers fault, it’s on Zos.

Am not trying to get their character disabled
    am simply trying to find out if the characters have been disabled or not

If they have been disabled, will continue with my subscription and purchasing chapters
    if they have not been disabled, will cancel my subscription and not bother purchasing chapters -- just next time a thread like this goes up, will make sure to jump on using the exploit sooner than posting about it

so if you have any insights in the matter @zParallaxz please do support me as a fellow gamer and let me know if it is safe for me to join the other freebies instead of being gouged by ZOS

So you personally made a non-Elsweyr Necromancer, and can verify it is still playable after the hotfix?

Just don't want to wait to unlock a freebie version of Class or Weapon line or whatever ZOS wants to charge me for in 2020
    only to find out that they blocked Necromancers now and are simply doing the same thing over again
    QQ

That’s the irony of a TOS, Zos does how they please at any given moment. As of right now, Zos Gina said they had no plans to lock or disable the characters. But who knows maybe if enough people complain, write a letter to Zenimax Studios, unsub, don’t log in the game, then maybe just maybe Zos would momentarily think if they should revisit the idea of locking the characters. Once they’ve reached a common consensus, expect the revision to be made in the next patch 3-8 months from now. That’s the process players go through in order to do something as simple as mount when not in combat, sprint without being stuck, or improve game performance.

zzzz
    you're giving a girl mixed messages here
    now you are making me hesitant to unsub in case it encourages further action that screws me over later
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe people are arguing about this for 6 pages! When ZOS made a mistake on that house awhile back, some people got the house for free. ZOS fixed the mistake but did not take the house away. When ZOS made a mistake on that Indrik berry, they fixed it but did not take the Indrik away. Now they've made a mistake on necro and fixed it without taking the necro away. So what?!! It doesn't affect me or my game.

Take it from someone who is old...........life is too short for all this nonsense over a game!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I can't believe people are arguing about this for 6 pages! When ZOS made a mistake on that house awhile back, some people got the house for free. ZOS fixed the mistake but did not take the house away. When ZOS made a mistake on that Indrik berry, they fixed it but did not take the Indrik away. Now they've made a mistake on necro and fixed it without taking the necro away. So what?!! It doesn't affect me or my game.

Take it from someone who is old...........life is too short for all this nonsense over a game!

I hear you bud, I’m arguing for the people who got the free necro. It is what it is, no use in trying to police other players and nudge Zos into locking their characters. If it doesn’t affect your account why should it matter right.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was a lesson to be learned here.

Exploit it while it's hot. You found an exploit, abuse it as fast as you can.
    Because this clown company can't do patches properly.
    Not even talking about the bugs they ignore to fix while they keep trying to grab our wallets with borderline p2w trash.

And then even ignores their own terms of service.

It's a joke at this point.

Big yikes from me..

Fix blastbones and syphon btw. Maybe these new exploitcros encounter the bugs and finally stir up the forums. Since all bug reports about it, zos also straight up ignored.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on August 12, 2019 11:47PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even talking about the bugs they ignore to fix while they keep trying to grab our wallets with borderline p2w trash.

This.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

This, note that the guys who got an free indrik can now buy maelstrom pages and sell the duplicates they farm.

Loads of pretty causal players who just know next dlc after Elsweyr is out.
    Cool I can make necromancer now.
    And here is the catch they then use him as an bank alt so deleting or locking will create problems.
    ZoS screwed up and some got an necro without buying expansion.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Oh, fixing this is going to be ugly. If they delete necromancer characters that were created by people who don't own Elsweyr then those people are going to be pissed. If they don't delete necromancer characters that were created by people who don't own Elsweyr then people who bought Elsweyr primarily for the necromancer class are going to be pissed.
    I'm disappointed to see that my prediction has proven true. Things like this are a Kobayashi Maru scenario for ZOS.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bakermir wrote: »
    What do you mean "bug"?

I just created and invested so much in my necromancer, I assumed this was free with new patch as a feature.

well, hopefully when you pay to unlock access to the class you will be able to continue on with your experience :)

Delete the toons and temp ban the accounts. Might seem severe but I'm not a fan of the "my exploiting is ZOS's fault" attitude.
    Yes temp banning players who are returning and havent played the game for awhile and don't know that necromancers are part of paid content. Smart.

Just to confirm, we won't be deleting the characters or banning accounts for this.

locking access to characters for people who have not purchased at the very least?
    or is this going to be another example of you guys telling us that as long as we exploit fast and quiet it will be allowed going forward as it has been in the past?

Stop whining man, your supposed to be supporting your fellow gamer. Not trying to get their character disabled because they got something for free while you paid for it. It’s not the consumers fault, it’s on Zos.

Am not trying to get their character disabled
    am simply trying to find out if the characters have been disabled or not

If they have been disabled, will continue with my subscription and purchasing chapters
    if they have not been disabled, will cancel my subscription and not bother purchasing chapters -- just next time a thread like this goes up, will make sure to jump on using the exploit sooner than posting about it

so if you have any insights in the matter @zParallaxz please do support me as a fellow gamer and let me know if it is safe for me to join the other freebies instead of being gouged by ZOS

So you personally made a non-Elsweyr Necromancer, and can verify it is still playable after the hotfix?

Just don't want to wait to unlock a freebie version of Class or Weapon line or whatever ZOS wants to charge me for in 2020
    only to find out that they blocked Necromancers now and are simply doing the same thing over again
    QQ

That’s the irony of a TOS, Zos does how they please at any given moment. As of right now, Zos Gina said they had no plans to lock or disable the characters. But who knows maybe if enough people complain, write a letter to Zenimax Studios, unsub, don’t log in the game, then maybe just maybe Zos would momentarily think if they should revisit the idea of locking the characters. Once they’ve reached a common consensus, expect the revision to be made in the next patch 3-8 months from now. That’s the process players go through in order to do something as simple as mount when not in combat, sprint without being stuck, or improve game performance.

zzzz
    you're giving a girl mixed messages here
    now you are making me hesitant to unsub in case it encourages further action that screws me over later

And then even ignores their own terms of service.

Big yikes from me..

Fix blastbones and syphon btw. Maybe these new exploitcros encounter the bugs and finally stir up the forums. Since all bug reports about it, zos also straight up ignored.

You understand their flawed logic now, as long as it doesn’t involve a normally difficult item to acquire in game like a “MoL” skin or effect the in game economy. Generally speaking you’ll be fine, but do it at your risk.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for real tho do either @Azorean or @bakermir have any concrete insights into whether the exploited characters are still playable?

cutting my subscription and no longer worrying about chapters come 2020 could mean roughly an extra gram or two of medicinal cannabis per month

So if you can buy more medical cannabis than a legal script might prescribe you are exploiting the medical cannabis system.
    Hypocrite. lmao
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for real tho do either @Azorean or @bakermir have any concrete insights into whether the exploited characters are still playable?

cutting my subscription and no longer worrying about chapters come 2020 could mean roughly an extra gram or two of medicinal cannabis per month

So if you can buy more medical cannabis than a legal script might prescribe you are exploiting the medical cannabis system.
    Hypocrite. lmao

That purple punch go ham though dog no lie. Nebula strain > Necromancer strain
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hypocrite. lmao

interesting observation
    if it had actually been accurate, even more so

my prescription is larger than I spend on per month, in order to facilitate licensed growing
    due to the nature of plant growth, can't smoke my own harvest until it is ready
    so order through assigned medical companies; and a bit more free cash unsubbing with nothing else to spend it on means cannabis is the most likely and consistently predictable candidate

cute attempt tho <3
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hypocrite. lmao

interesting observation

my prescription is larger than I spend on per month, in order to facilitate licensed growing
    so order through assigned medical companies; and a bit more free cash unsubbing with nothing else to spend it on means cannabis is the most likely and consistently predictable candidate

cute attempt tho <3
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was just a tongue-in-cheek joke...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Hypocrite. lmao

interesting observation

cute attempt tho <3
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was just a tongue-in-cheek joke...

hence the commentary of cute and the heart at the end o:
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hypocrite. lmao

interesting observation

cute attempt tho <3

I would of thought that would of been common sense, not everyone fills out their prescribed amount of cannabis. Some people have LARGE amounts they’re allowed to have. Do you vape or combust if you don’t mind me asking?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I come from a generation where we didn't bogart the joint. :p
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I come from a generation where we didn't bogart the joint. :p

Simpler times...
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t stop laughing! In this thread:

1. ZOS rushes yet another patch full of unwanted and unnecessary changes, creates yet another bug.

2. Since the bug affects revenue negatively, ZOS fixes it immediately.

3. Forum devolves into name calling and bickering for the wrong reasons. Instead of getting angry that this game runs like garbage, and that ZOS’s insane update schedule is resulting in rushed patches full of bugs, you’re crying because some people got a mediocre, poorly-designed class for free.

Just stop giving this company money, people. I actually feel sorry for the devs, who appear to be cutting corners left, right, and centre to deliver us all of these updates. Take your frustration out on ZOS’s schedule by closing your wallets instead of whaling it up like you usually do.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hypocrite. lmao

interesting observation

cute attempt tho <3

I would of thought that would of been common sense, not everyone fills out their prescribed amount of cannabis. Some people have LARGE amounts they’re allowed to have. Do you vape or combust if you don’t mind me asking?

vape, combust, and eat
    try to minimize combustion due to the obvious ramifications of inhaling smoke, but there are times when convenience of quick dosing supercedes my love for my various vaporizers

most ideal method of consumption is a whip-style vape with a glass on glass adapter to be able to pull through a bong with some ice
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

1. ZOS rushes yet another patch full of unwanted and unnecessary changes, creates yet another bug.

3. Forum devolves into name calling and bickering for the wrong reasons. Instead of getting angry that this game runs like garbage, and that ZOS’s insane update schedule is resulting in rushed patches full of bugs, you’re crying because some people got a mediocre, poorly-designed class for free.

Just stop giving this company money, people. I actually feel sorry for the devs, who appear to be cutting corners left, right, and centre to deliver us all of these updates. Take your frustration out on ZOS’s schedule by closing your wallets instead of whaling it up like you usually do.

It's almost like people are capable of keeping separate issues separate rather than saying "I'm angry, so everything is fair game!"
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Negan taught us anything, it's that rules matter.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually the thread has run it's course. lol
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So people are complaining that some people got lucky and that they can play the necro class for free? Why? Does it have any effect on you?

And about the tos and zos 'breaking' their own tos. Im pretty sure that same tos gives them the right to break and change as they please.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• ArenGesus
    ArenGesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But I didn't pay for all my free lag - will you delete that from my account?
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hypocrite. lmao

interesting observation

cute attempt tho <3

vape, combust, and eat
    try to minimize combustion due to the obvious ramifications of inhaling smoke, but there are times when convenience of quick dosing supercedes my love for my various vaporizers

most ideal method of consumption is a whip-style vape with a glass on glass adapter to be able to pull through a bong with some ice

Yo I’ve had the Davinci Iq for the longest but I’m upgrading to that new Tubo Dual Evic. I thought about the mighty but the Tubo has those nice real wood inserts, hand braided whip, long bent glass stem, dual 18650 batteries, sweeeeet Jesus I cannot wait.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear yah
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hypocrite. lmao

interesting observation

cute attempt tho <3

vape, combust, and eat

Yo I’ve had the Davinci Iq for the longest but I’m upgrading to that new Tubo Dual Evic. I thought about the mighty but the Tubo has those nice real wood inserts, hand braided whip, long bent glass stem, dual 18650 batteries, sweeeeet Jesus I cannot wait.

am a bit more predictable, with a Volcano for home and yard bag use, a Silver Surfer for whip-style single pulls, and a PAX3 for on the go

my province (in Canada) is also kind of strange in that they have legal recreational smoking along with the rest of the country, but not in public areas
    while medicinal consumption is allowed anywhere tobacco can be smoked
    all eating has to be done from home baking tho, the legislation for selling of baked goods is not in place yet
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I gave up around the time we started playing the "any analogy pushed hard enough breaks down eventually" game and now that we've derailed over weed, I have to agree.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 13, 2019 1:48AM
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't "accidentally" create a necromancer when you know you don't own Elsweyr.

Actually, you can. If you're a new player, just purchased the base game, and created a character. If nothing in the character selection screen stops you from choosing a necromancer, how are you supposed to know you're not supposed to ?

Not saying all non-Elsweyr necros are created "genuinely", but they can. Fixing this is going to be touchy, like some people already mentioned...

I gave up around the time we started playing the "any analogy pushed hard enough breaks down eventually" game and now that we've derailed over weed, I have to agree.

Tehe
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's almost like people are capable of keeping separate issues separate rather than saying "I'm angry, so everything is fair game!"

Focus on the bigger issue at hand, not a single consequence of the bigger issue. The main problem we’re dealing with here is this: ZOS currently has an insane release schedule and the code clearly suffers because of it, resulting in myriad bugs/exploitable loopholes and ever-worsening performance issues. Consumers are a big part of the problem. We just want more, and more, and more, and (bizarrely!) continue to pay even when what we get is not up to snuff. Stop paying for it. Support video games that make game stability and bug squashing a priority. Don’t support games that rush updates as a means of introducing new microtransactions.
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    J2JMC wrote: »
    You don't "accidentally" create a necromancer when you know you don't own Elsweyr.

That's intentional abuse of a bug. No excuses.

yes you can if you don't follow the online forums/social media about the game.
    Not everyone goes online for game info.