Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like living dark. Awfully pricey for 4 seconds. Would have to save it for when I am facing a lot of direct hits.

Templar is actually in a decent spot in this DOT meta, but I have to say I cant stand the playstyle now.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I dont like living dark. Awfully pricey for 4 seconds.

Living Dark lasts 6 seconds because of the Enduring Rays passive adding another 2 secs. So much better. :)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

Living Dark lasts 6 seconds because of the Enduring Rays passive adding another 2 secs. So much better. :)

Well ***. I actually have to take that passive?
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Of you take that passive you lose 200 DMG per tick off reflective light which is a a 5.8% DMG loss. Which means the buff this patch is really a 11.5% buff not 17%
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of you take that passive you lose 200 DMG per tick off reflective light which is a a 5.8% DMG loss. Which means the buff this patch is really a 11.5% buff not 17%

Yeah, not sure I like that. Trying to keep a brawler magplar and its kind of rough. Right now, I have gone hybrid where I DOT up at range, then topple charge in for the damage boost and the ultimate and sweeps cleanup. Its amazing how many dont get to the part where I need to close the gap. These DOTs. RANGED DOTs! Are ridiculous.
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, not sure I like that. Trying to keep a brawler magplar and its kind of rough. Right now, I have gone hybrid where I DOT up at range, then topple charge in for the damage boost and the ultimate and sweeps cleanup. Its amazing how many dont get to the part where I need to close the gap. These DOTs. RANGED DOTs! Are ridiculous.

I saw some magplars using Force Pulse now outside of Stormhaven. It was super strong with the DoTs.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JWillCHS wrote: »

I saw some magplars using Force Pulse now outside of Stormhaven. It was super strong with the DoTs.

Yeah, I tried it. It works, but its not what I liked about magplar. I have a stamcro build now that looks like it is going to be better for my playstyle and take advantage of the DOT meta
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, I tried it. It works, but its not what I liked about magplar. I have a stamcro build now that looks like it is going to be better for my playstyle and take advantage of the DOT meta

I'm starting the feel the same. I've been playing around with a new MagSorc. And I know that they are unhappy with it, but I've actually got a sweet setup now that utilizes Entropy and Soul trap. Has an execute, spammable, proc that hits hard, heals, and shield. Really digging it.

I dunno. I love my Templar. But I liked what I was doing before. I don't wanna run dots. Maybe I should just roll my Temp like before and give it some time.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navras wrote: »
    NO-CP & battlegrounds as a Magplar. I feel completely, totally op. Like there is something wrong with other's defs while I can do more damage and keep alive just fine.
    Conversly I feel completely *** on my stam-dk (5h-2m shacklebreaker, pirate, blood spawn).

All in all my first impressions are not good at all, even if I'm like God on my 'plar. Everything looks a lot more unbalanced than before but, on the other hand, many people are experimenting.

Your impressions?

How much bg do you do on the plar, ie is it new

I'm starting the feel the same. I've been playing around with a new MagSorc. And I know that they are unhappy with it, but I've actually got a sweet setup now that utilizes Entropy and Soul trap. Has an execute, spammable, proc that hits hard, heals, and shield. Really digging it.

I dunno. I love my Templar. But I liked what I was doing before. I don't wanna run dots. Maybe I should just roll my Temp like before and give it some time.

Dont wanna play dots, but put the very same dots on a sorc!
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

I know. Sounds silly, right? But my Sorc build has everything I need for some reason. Just the way everything fits. Putting in soul dot means giving up inner light, but it’s smooth gameplay.

I could adapt my Templar to do the same, sorta. But I like the brawler style Templar, not a rangeplar. Why play every class the same way?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know. Sounds silly, right? But my Sorc build has everything I need for some reason. Just the way everything fits. Putting in soul dot means giving up inner light, but it’s smooth gameplay.

I could adapt my Templar to do the same, sorta. But I like the brawler style Templar, not a rangeplar. Why play every class the same way?

I've always played hybrid, I find it works very well on magplar, lay down your dots (I will now be using 3 - soul trap, reflective light, entropy) then toppling charge in and cresent sweep/jabs. It will be alot of pressure
    Edited by Syiccal on August 13, 2019 1:42PM
  • Maxdevil
    Maxdevil
    ✭✭✭
    What do you guys think: sun shield based build
    Infernal Guardian
    Trinimac valor
    Overwhelming surge
    All set can proc every 5-6sec(Trinimac and Guardian) when I use sun shield dealing a lot of damage

I have a nice substain with Trinimac valor too giving me 5000life every time I use a damage shield(5sec cooldown) and some nice Magicka recovery and Magicka pool

I was still thinking about others skills
    "Maxdevil knows much, and tells some. Maxdevil knows many things others do not."
    Pc-Na
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've always played hybrid, I find it works very well on magplar, lay down your dots (I will now be using 3 - soul trap, reflective light, entropy) then toppling charge in and cresent sweep/jabs. It will be alot of pressure

Yep. Was giving that a go some, too. And Valk Skoria would complement that very well. But where’s my Purifying light. My radiant oppression. Classes feeling classless. But power to you!
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Was giving that a go some, too. And Valk Skoria would complement that very well. But where’s my Purifying light. My radiant oppression. Classes feeling classless. But power to you!

Purifying light is only good for zerging, try doing enough damage your self to get any decent damage out of it when you have to defend as well.
    Radiant is *** as everyone knows, so I figure better off playing with more dots .
    I do agree the changes have made it so every class is almost forced to run the same skills, it's there way of balancing I guess. The more non class skills used the less ppl will complain about class skills
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is what I am doing on my magplar. You get those dots on, and then get the off balance with the CP for the damage increase on it. Doing something similar with stamcro, and it gets pretty funny to nail a target with dots, get them off balance, and drop the ultimate vulnerability which hits hard enough as is.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Purifying light is only good for zerging, try doing enough damage your self to get any decent damage out of it when you have to defend as well.
    Radiant is *** as everyone knows, so I figure better off playing with more dots .
    I do agree the changes have made it so every class is almost forced to run the same skills, it's there way of balancing I guess. The more non class skills used the less ppl will complain about class skills

What tick numbers are yall seeing on each dot? I'd like to know and have real tested numbers if possible.

They only thing that needs to be changed about radiant is the ramp up time it does 0 ddmg but u can be interrupted and it still costs mag. That's moronic. The damage still great and has counters and advantages like all executes do.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Which morph of soul trap are y’all using?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Which morph of soul trap are y’all using?

I’ve gone with the one that returns resources. You can light up quite a few for multiple resource returns.

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on xbox so not got the update yet but that what I willbe doing, I dont use purify or radiant now as is
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set wise I'm currently using , bloodspawn, desert rose and wizard respost
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on xbox so not got the update yet but that what I willbe doing, I dont use purify or radiant now as is

I use both to marvelous avail. How do you kill any one with out them?
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭

I'm running my exact same bar set up now as I did pre-patch (Degeneration, Purifying Light, Sweeps, Refelective, Toppling, Crescent), while maintaining a S&B backbar with absolutely no drawbacks. The patch really didn't alter the meta much at all, and the camera reversion on sweeps sucks but it will always feel better than force pulse and being a second-rate Sorcerer.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

I use reflective light, sweeps, cresent, and barrage . It adds up, il replace barage with soul trap when get the update
    Edited by Syiccal on August 13, 2019 3:19PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ll miss pre patch barrage :disappointed:
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I’ll miss pre patch barrage :disappointed:

Its kind of absurd that a DOT that requires you to be on top of someone does much less than one you can put on them at range while behind a zerg or LOS.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys running living dark or unstable?

So far I'm really liking living dark it's fantastic when someone's stupid pet is attacking me. The heal is pretty nice and it's great if you pop it just before a gank blade attacks :lol:

Even with the protective nerf I feel bulkier then last patch or maybe everyone is just squishier I don't know.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm running my exact same bar set up now as I did pre-patch (Degeneration, Purifying Light, Sweeps, Refelective, Toppling, Crescent), while maintaining a S&B backbar with absolutely no drawbacks. The patch really didn't alter the meta much at all, and the camera reversion on sweeps sucks but it will always feel better than force pulse and being a second-rate Sorcerer.

No ele drain?
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭

No ele drain?

Nah. I ran it for a while but bar space being what it is and running a playstyle without much passive sustain, I run deep thoughts on backbar for my regen, there's just not a spot for it. If I could fit another skill though, it would be elemental drain. I run five light plus Lover mundus though so while the extra spell pen is nice, it doesn't make or break the build.
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭

As someone who also dropped Radiant a couple patches ago, the skill just isn't worth it, and especially when dealing with shield spam Sweeps is just better at finishing off a target. Jesus beam has it's place though in stealing kills for BGs, but it's 1s damage delay plus the skills channel nature just means there's usually better and more efficient ways to end a fight.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

As someone who also dropped Radiant a couple patches ago, the skill just isn't worth it, and especially when dealing with shield spam Sweeps is just better at finishing off a target. Jesus beam has it's place though in stealing kills for BGs, but it's 1s damage delay plus the skills channel nature just means there's usually better and more efficient ways to end a fight.

there's a reason cinbri called it garbage lol.