The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Does any one use force pulse over jabs as a spammable?

I have a ranged build for no cp that uses it as a spammable. The point of the build (spinners/torug's/pirate skeleton/willpower resto) is that I can weave LA and Crushing Shock to get consistent enchant procs on opponent because of the boost that infused fire staff and Torug's Pact gives it (and also 12k pen).

It works alright, but mainly a single target damage build. That's why it works better as part of a small group than solo because more than 2 opponents = toast (or massive kiting).

Edit: 1v2 video from awhile back. The build has changed some since then, no longer a vampire, pirate skelly over skoria.

1vx is a lesson on forcing 1v1 fights :D.

Rangeplar has the AOE 1vX potential, but requires a bit of fine tuning and repositioning practice a jabs build takes for granted.
    Like, wouldnt use force pulse in open world; sure I won't have intense single target pressure, but that is what dark flare is for. Outnumbered cresent/meteor/reflective are better and next patch blazing shield will be decent now that healing ward/ward ally are going to be used.

This is what I will be using and so far working decent. Only issue is being smacked by intense zergs, but even 2x defense/jabs wasnt doing much against those for me. And purfying is the flex slot; if I need more AOE ill go WoE/Prox Det/Blazing Spear. Backbar enchant is actually mag cost poisons; 6s of 250 mag every second and 10% cost increase on my target of choice so its a mixed 1vX/1v1 poison.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=166771

I’ll admit I don’t have much of an imagination but how would you get any kills with those skill bars? Especially in an outnumbered scenario like described.

you don't. even in jabs youll be dead before you get one person down to 50%.
    What you do is stretch out targets and engage from range. once you get 1-3 targets, youll be able to single target one, let RL tick on the others and upkeep blazing shield for additional "thorn" damage. cresent is there for more AOE/single target damage and toppling ensures you keep up from going range into melee. it's not a perfect build either, and if you need more AOE grothdarr is there to help or valkyn. Can also go soul trap AOE in place of degeneration but that needs you to go spell power pots.

I will have to get some videos; I was able to 1vX panda force with this lol.

Not trying to fact check you or be rude or anything.

But you need some mobility to stretch people out and you’re not running Mist or RAT, I can see the build getting kills in BGs but thats entirely different than open world Cyro. Anyway I applaud you for trying something different, I’ve kept my Magplar a Jabplar since the beginning so the ranged stuff is hard for me to process.

No worries! We are having a discussion :D.

I thought about mist or rat as well, but im trying neither to fit more offense/defense. I might place rat in place of purfying light, assuming i switch to cresent for more reliable burst from ultimate use. I do practice dodge roll- purge casts and before the RAT changes, those are typically enough with short sprints to get to safer ground. Trick is in using range to your advantage; if you can burst 1 target down before the other 2 get close; you now have a 1v2 instead of a 1v3. And at range I can engage while moving to rocks so its easier to force a 1v1, or try to clip through targets.

If its a blood thirsty zerg all chasing you, mist/rat only delay your death, especially if 3 targets start leaping you causing that persistent snare lol.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a sample example of how you play without always casting rat/mist. Notice how toppling is used without rat casted to reach one far target then dodge roll/block cast bol/shield cast to return? Dough-stretching tactics.
    https://youtu.be/qNkk1cmxS2M

• No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

Shock clench with a Masters staff, RL or Elemental weapon at the minute.

Not sure if the change to clench next patch has opened this up but I imagine any Templars using force pulse are doing wet damage in comparison.

masters shock will make it an 8k tooltip. But it will be an AOE projectile so be careful against DKs with evasion lol (50% bs, 50% wings, 25% evasion = 1500 hits lol)
    At least force pulse is 2500x3 plus another 10k for the status effect. Add charged and then add disease and you have a spamable that replaces class spamables lol.

How does the status effect add 10k?

pts force pulse adds a 10k burst if you hit a target with a status effect. there's 10% chance each element of force pulse hits to provide a status effect.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a sample example of how you play without always casting rat/mist. Notice how toppling is used without rat casted to reach one far target then dodge roll/block cast bol/shield cast to return? Dough-stretching tactics.

I’m at work and can’t watch the whole thing but the first few minutes is a melee build using RAT.... I understand how to use topple to reposition, I’ve had a Magplar and ran Topple even when 50% of the time it got me stuck with a spear in my hand. I was just saying that your ranged build/setup seemed to lack certain things, IMO. Of course we’re always trying to improve.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

I’m at work and can’t watch the whole thing but the first few minutes is a melee build using RAT.... I understand how to use topple to reposition, I’ve had a Magplar and ran Topple even when 50% of the time it got me stuck with a spear in my hand. I was just saying that your ranged build/setup seemed to lack certain things, IMO. Of course we’re always trying to improve.

Yea there is always something you give up.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if the change to clench next patch has opened this up but I imagine any Templars using force pulse are doing wet damage in comparison.

masters shock will make it an 8k tooltip. But it will be an AOE projectile so be careful against DKs with evasion lol (50% bs, 50% wings, 25% evasion = 1500 hits lol)
    At least force pulse is 2500x3 plus another 10k for the status effect. Add charged and then add disease and you have a spamable that replaces class spamables lol.

Yeah, that sounds even wetter :'(

Back in the day, I used to love fighting groups with toppling charge, especially down the sewers because there was so much LOS. Charge to the guy in the back of the pack and try burst him, if the rest catch up, toppling charge back through them etc. So effective, especially against the keyboard turners (low sensitivity for console) who just had no clue where I'd gone.

@Syiccal, at the min you're totally a-ok to just use reflective as a spammable from range on Xbox Eu, our server doesn't have the best players and I can't see them improving very quickly. I have no issues getting kills and I still run sweeps and reflective.

Edited by BNOC on August 8, 2019 3:49PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For me the big change this next patch is Solar Barrage being nerfed. It’s a hard carry right now for melee Magplars and going to be hard to replace. Suggestions? For a melee build.
    Edited by SneaK on August 8, 2019 3:47PM
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

For me the big change this next patch is Solar Barrage being nerfed. It’s a hard carry right now for melee Magplars and going to be hard to replace. Suggestions? For a melee build.

prox det might be decent. Sure its no pre-nerf solar barrage, but if you are going for pure AOE, prox det makes sense for small man group/solo. Otherwise add a defense skill, throw on grothdarr.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, that sounds even wetter :'(

Back in the day, I used to love fighting groups with toppling charge, especially down the sewers because there was so much LOS. Charge to the guy in the back of the pack and try burst him, if the rest catch up, toppling charge back through them etc. So effective, especially against the keyboard turners (low sensitivity for console) who just had no clue where I'd gone.

@Syiccal, at the min you're totally a-ok to just use reflective as a spammable from range on Xbox Eu, our server doesn't have the best players and I can't see them improving very quickly. I have no issues getting kills and I still run sweeps and reflective.

RL is still decent. Trick is you should try to fill in the dot application with other actions. Staff heavy/dark flare/defense casts/etc.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im really bummed about barrage
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Im really bummed about barrage

me too :\
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea it’s a big hit. I like running proxy but it’s hard to find a slot on the bar for it, and I don’t think it could be a reliable replacement for barrage. Is Soul Trap hitting hard on PTS?
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Yea it’s a big hit. I like running proxy but it’s hard to find a slot on the bar for it, and I don’t think it could be a reliable replacement for barrage. Is Soul Trap hitting hard on PTS?

it is, but right now its overperforming since its AOE undogable and applied to targets around it. I dont think it will last come release.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it is, but right now its overperforming since its AOE undogable and applied to targets around it. I dont think it will last come release.

If that gets gutted before live then there’s goes plan B.

This might sound ridiculous, but anyone tested damage of Impulse with the BRP destro?
    Edited by SneaK on August 8, 2019 5:49PM
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

This might sound ridiculous, but anyone tested damage of Impulse with the BRP destro?

The dot doesn't crit.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The dot doesn't crit.

Thinking out loud.. Overwhelming, Transmutation BB, BRP Lightning FB, Skoria. Would have a lot of continuous pressure, albeit not for a ton of damage but it might be easy to catch people slipping since they’d have so many things just whittling away at them.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

The dot doesn't crit.

Thinking out loud.. Overwhelming, Transmutation BB, BRP Lightning FB, Skoria. Would have a lot of continuous pressure, albeit not for a ton of damage but it might be easy to catch people slipping since they’d have so many things just whittling away at them.

its about 307 per element after typical mitigation which means 923 per tick for 8 seconds. so 4 ticks brings the value to 3693 dmg total lol.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The dot doesn't crit.

its about 307 per element after typical mitigation which means 923 per tick for 8 seconds. so 4 ticks brings the value to 3693 dmg total lol.

Ewwwwwww

"IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

The dot doesn't crit.

Ewwwwwww

yea its bad. degeneration on live outperforms it because it gives a heal/major buff/40% empower/doesnt need a weapon lol
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The dot doesn't crit.

Ewwwwwww

yea its bad. degeneration on live outperforms it because it gives a heal/major buff/40% empower/doesnt need a weapon lol

WTB better 2pc mag sets.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

The dot doesn't crit.

Ewwwwwww

WTB better 2pc mag sets.

2pc torugs on magplar would be around 167 SD with 30% sd buffs stacked. Which is more than willpower provides and doesnt mess with you stat sustain if you use a backbar defense.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the amount of dmg rolling around now and next patch, I'm trying to figure a way to mitigate it in light yet still do decent dmg. Using harness magika at min but by all accounts it wont be worth slotting next patch, will free up a alot but means il likely need to build a little more tanky
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The dot doesn't crit.

Ewwwwwww

WTB better 2pc mag sets.

2pc torugs on magplar would be around 167 SD with 30% sd buffs stacked. Which is more than willpower provides and doesnt mess with you stat sustain if you use a backbar defense.

Yea I still have gold Torug swords I run when I’m using Trans.

In my head I was thinking more along the lines of the speciality weapons with bonuses. Feel like there is pretty obvious disparity between mag and stam special weapons.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Solar Barrage has me bummed. I get so many kills from it just because lag isnt letting anything new go off. Soul trap may be the way to go. If thats nerfed to live, contemplating trying to drop a blazing spear on them or wall of elements. Not ideal.
    Edited by technohic on August 8, 2019 7:17PM
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Solar Barrage has me bummed. I get so many kills from it just because lag isnt letting anything new go off. Soul trap may be the way to go. If thats nerfed to live, contemplating trying to drop a blazing spear on them or wall of elements. Not ideal.

after seeing gina's post, I think 99% of the changes are going to live. She let it slip that many dev team people are out sick/PTO so they can't even do an ESO live with questions for the combat team.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the new Caltrops stacks on PTS? I know at first it stacked in the past, then ZOS changed it, and now it stacks again...
    Edited by Hexquisite on August 9, 2019 12:39AM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    How does Innate Axiom perform on a magplar, gernally? Will it buff HtD? I was thinking of running it alongside a defensive set like FB or Pariah in no-CP.

It does buff htd. Axiom is one of the best magplar sets imo. I'm dropping it next patch though. Entropy will be a heavy hitter and with the nerf to pirate skeleton I'll be using the vamp ult. Neither of those are buffed by Axiom so I'm going to use Spinner's or War Maiden's.
    coletas wrote: »
    Ah, and about vMA resto staff, thats for pure healers on trials. 2700 magicka cost every 4 seconds to recover 800 has no sense

It's a group utility. You also don't have to cast it every 4 seconds. You get mag back as long as the dots crits on someone. Not going to be as good next patch with mutagen only lasting 10 seconds, and not viable at all with rapid regen.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on August 9, 2019 5:41AM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    And how is performing "Steadfast Ward" in PTS?

I rarely used it in my builds before, although i saw its usefulness firsthand against some good pvpers.

The shield size increased 14% but the bonus scaling was reduced from 300% to 100%.
    That worked as a buff or nerf?

The Morph "Healing Ward" seems clearly a buff, but what about "Ally" ???
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    miteba wrote: »
    And how is performing "Steadfast Ward" in PTS?

I rarely used it in my builds before, although i saw its usefulness firsthand against some good pvpers.

The shield size increased 14% but the bonus scaling was reduced from 300% to 100%.
    That worked as a buff or nerf?

The Morph "Healing Ward" seems clearly a buff, but what about "Ally" ???

my current ward ally is around 3k. with 300 % scaling that will become 8.7k.

On PTS my shield becomes 3400 and at 100% becomes 6068.

Its a nerf for sure. EXCEPT, healing ward gives you a HOT based off of 33% of the shield, so I get 2k health every second with or without the shield there. Ward ally got nerfed so much its useless for anyone except healers. I wish they kep the 300% scale size for ward ally or granted a buff to both targets for duration.

• No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Here is what I was able to record last night through the low pop deathlag lol. I will get more combat situations:
    1v1/1v3/2v3:
    https://youtu.be/2dLrbjQtQdM

1v2:
    https://youtu.be/CxLxpVW488w

Next patch its going to get stronger; UC might be a decent single target burst assuming you time it with dark flare so you force your target to continue their offense when they see you use a cast time lol.