Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Yea, Hodor the Dead never leaves the bar... I was thinking along the lines of stack hots instead of mitigation, dropping some offensive skills and trying to kill with ultimates/sweeps/and a few dots... probably won’t be super effective but hypothetically if you had enough max stat or dmg to boost those hots up, you could use in tandem with the aedriac spear 6% dmg mit in combination with high elf’s 5% dmg mit while casting or channeling for some sneaky good burst/defense. All depends on how bats/crescent sweep act next patch.(ie: bats considered a channel?)

Think of your bar layout. What are u planning on using? There are a lot of skills you sound like you want to use.

Where do you get the hodor the dead skill btw? Sounds..... repetitive.

Bane, entropy, soul trap, rapid regen, uc/ld, weakness to elements, focus, extended, purifying light, reach, sweeps, htd, healing ward,

Ice or fire, resto front bar? Snb dead? I'll have a lot of playing around to do.

right, thats where im at... Im probably gonna just need to install ESO on my comp and PTS test... In theory I was planning:

Front Bar: (Lightning Staff): Reflective light, Degeneration, Sweeps, Toppling Charge, Soul Trap. Ult: Crecent
    BackBar: (Resto Staff)*escapist poison*: Extended, rune, healing ward, Rapid Regen, Hodor the Dead. Ult: Devouring Swarm

Note: depending on which HoT is more effective, either rapid regen or healing ward will be swapped with Proxy Det.

'Build: BTB/Overwhelming Surge/Troll King (Bloodspawn,lord Warden, or Bogdons)gotta test.

I'll be flipping something similar to start. Running dots, i'll have:

Resto:
    Rapids, toppling, soultrap, purifying light, degeneration; cresent
    Ice staff:
    Focus, ritual, living dark/uc/ flex, bane, reach/ flex
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got so many sets, but have no idea what combination I wanna use. Only once I have finalised that will I decide on skills, though have a good idea what I'd like to use.. on that note does any one know how living dark is performing?
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    Since last note are out...how do Stamplers look? Some concerns early on in PTS that thinks looked rough.
    Feannag
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    miteba wrote: »
    Why would anybody use pirate next patch, the major defile will be a killer

With certain builds you'll be able to outheal the defile as Templar lol

Let's say you use "Curse-Eater set", you 'direct heal' yourself with HoT... It automatically removes 3 negative effects (Pirate major defile) and you still restore 600 magicka.

Never tested it really but it should work, right?

No they code the defile on the pirate skeleton as a buff so you cant cleanse it or remove it as a negative effect

What was amazing to me is many of the players hollering for the Pirate Skeleton nerf still believed that the defile was purgeable.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    miteba wrote: »
    Why would anybody use pirate next patch, the major defile will be a killer

With certain builds you'll be able to outheal the defile as Templar lol

Let's say you use "Curse-Eater set", you 'direct heal' yourself with HoT... It automatically removes 3 negative effects (Pirate major defile) and you still restore 600 magicka.

Never tested it really but it should work, right?

No they code the defile on the pirate skeleton as a buff so you cant cleanse it or remove it as a negative effect

What was amazing to me is many of the players hollering for the Pirate Skeleton nerf still believed that the defile was purgeable.

That was one thing that really annoyed me about zos post about nerfing it due to community outrage.

Tons of people kept posting it could be purged with 0 downside to using it

Ridiculous :lol:
    Edited by Mrsinister2 on August 10, 2019 9:41PM
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pirates was out for what? Like 2 or 3 years? Nobody started screaming "PIRATE OP" until around the last like 6 months or so when more and more stamina builds started using it, it's actually OP on a 7th/fury stam dk or stam nb lol. On magicka though it was mostly beatable because magicka didn't have heals like vigor.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    Pirates was out for what? Like 2 or 3 years? Nobody started screaming "PIRATE OP" until around the last like 6 months or so when more and more stamina builds started using it, it's actually OP on a 7th/fury stam dk or stam nb lol. On magicka though it was mostly beatable because magicka didn't have heals like vigor.

its funny because the people crying for it's nerf now get to deal with undodgable dots ;)
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This games performance is garbage
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on August 11, 2019 3:31AM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Are you sure it's not rubbish?
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

Are you sure it's not rubbish?

It's rubbishy hot garbage
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody have any experience using desert rose on a magplar?
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭

It's esp awesome if you are using Mist as it procs while doing so. I wouldn't recommend it for BGs or duels.
    Edited by Aces-High-82 on August 11, 2019 12:14PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's esp awesome if you are using Mist as it procs while doing so. I wouldn't recommend it for BGs or duels.

Why not bg's? I can see your reasoning for duels as this set will shine with lots of incoming dmg.
    In bg its not uncommon to be focused so I could see the potential 1250 regen being quite useful.
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    It's bc of the reg. In no cp I like more other stats on 1-4. BTB or Amber are more valuable in this scenario imo and like said before I'd wear DR only while being a vampire and that's not the case for me on live. Maybe it's only bc I have a very aggressive playstyle. RN I'm running a 24k spell pen build XD
    Edited by Aces-High-82 on August 11, 2019 1:16PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's bc of the reg. In no cp I like more other stats on 1-4. BTB or Amber are more valuable in this scenario imo and like said before I'd wear DR only while being a vampire and that's not the case for me on live. Maybe it's only bc I have a very aggressive playstyle. RN I'm running a 24k spell pen build XD

I've currently built it with chudan,pirate, desert rose and crafty. I am a vamp and tend to make use of mist form in bg as it saves my stam while moving, especially on flag games
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to wear Desert Rose with Durok's Bane and Blood Spawn in cp bgs for a bit, basically a trollplar. I would guard a friend and all three of my sets could proc off either one of us. That was pre-nerf Durok's Bane too. The video if you're interested.

We fought Thogard's crew with it one game and he stopped attacking us after the first fight or two, and then it was a race to farm the third team lol.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tested in pvp, with a zerg firing all sorts of *** desert procs almost on cool down
    Edited by Syiccal on August 11, 2019 6:01PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desert rose is great as long as youre attacked. If you're buddy is getting focused or you're offensive vs a direct dmg build, you definately feel the lack of return. With dots rolling around, i bet it's going to be great.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the 2pc too. I still don't understand why they don't cut the resistance values in half and make them useful for both types. 9 out of 10 sets with resistance does one of each any way.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desert rose is great as long as youre attacked. If you're buddy is getting focused or you're offensive vs a direct dmg build, you definately feel the lack of return. With dots rolling around, i bet it's going to be great.

Yea I agree with this, the moment i went offensive I definitly noticed the lack of return playing with 900 regen , i had to throw more heavy atts in . However when on the defensive I could sustain indefinitely
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea I agree with this, the moment i went offensive I definitly noticed the lack of return playing with 900 regen , i had to throw more heavy atts in . However when on the defensive I could sustain indefinitely

I ran a magden support build for small group (we had 5 players total) in duroks/ desert rose. I was always focused and it was hilarious watching groups get dumped on as they converged on me.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch notes said they’re reverting an earlier change in camera control with channeling Jabs. Can I get confirmation if we’re going back to a world where you can’t pivot while rooted during Jabs?
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch notes said they’re reverting an earlier change in camera control with channeling Jabs. Can I get confirmation if we’re going back to a world where you can’t pivot while rooted during Jabs?

Yea I seen on a discord someone said fighting a dk using talons is a pain again since you can only heavy attack to aim yourself at him.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Yea I seen on a discord someone said fighting a dk using talons is a pain again since you can only heavy attack to aim yourself at him.

yea we discussed this already haha
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick Siphon (morph): Since there is no cast time, this ability gains a new morph effect! Triggering the Minor Lifesteal debuff will also grant the activator Minor Expedition for 4 seconds.

Looks pretty fun
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    NO-CP & battlegrounds as a Magplar. I feel completely, totally op. Like there is something wrong with other's defs while I can do more damage and keep alive just fine.
    Conversly I feel completely *** on my stam-dk (5h-2m shacklebreaker, pirate, blood spawn).

All in all my first impressions are not good at all, even if I'm like God on my 'plar. Everything looks a lot more unbalanced than before but, on the other hand, many people are experimenting.

Your impressions?
    EU-PC
    cp 1500+
    Flawless Conqueror & Spirit Slayer

Main: Templar
    Alt: Stamblade, StamDK
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think stam will survive the patch
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking at ways to go stam. Looked at my necro for DOT damage reduction and expunge is relatively cheap, I just hate how the class feels outside of dropping the ultimate.

So will probably stick to magplar. Might play stamplar a but but think I will want to cast ER too often.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New overwhelming actually is not bad on a high damage low regen build.

Everything feels totally out of whack tho so far.

After playing for a bit here all I see in magplars future is nerfs lolz
    Edited by Mrsinister2 on August 12, 2019 11:12PM
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    No way rapid regen + Living dark will survive the nerf imho.
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD