The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    MaTaHgA wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Cant believe onslaught made it live. Ridiculously broken.
    What sets do you run in scalebreaker? I try btb+shackle heavy+bloodspawn, survival is good, but I think I don't have enough damage to kill people

That's a solid set up are you using all damage glyphs on jewls?

Yeah but idk, maybe it's because I use light armor in elsweyr, so I just need to play more in heavy

Heavy can be great, high damage, tankyness and sustain if you do it right.
    What sets do you run in scalebreaker? I try btb+shackle heavy+bloodspawn, survival is good, but I think I don't have enough damage to kill people

Yeah but idk, maybe it's because I use light armor in elsweyr, so I just need to play more in heavy

Stick to light armor if you want to kill anyrhing at all especially on a mag toon.

Not sure what your enchants are but you could use nirn or an Infused zerked glyph to get the damage up.

Or swap blood spawn for skoria for more burst would be my suggestions but do not go heavy armor your damage will be total crap

You can have high damage in heavy...sure you won't have the extra spell pen and crit rate but with a good build heavy won't be total crap damage.

I don't understand why people think your damage automatically goes down to 0 if you equip 5 heavy...it's almost as bad as thinking you can't have sustain if you wear 2 or 3 dps sets.

No I agree with you but if someone has trouble killing people in light armor with all damage ghyphs and light armor passives then i dont think swapping to heavy is the answer unless they really know how to do it right.

Maybe you can do it really well but most heavy armor mag users arent killing anything. It turns most templars into straight heal bots

I guess thats true too, so many awful templars out there they are just content with being heal bots that don't even attempt another playstyle...and ZO$ keeps dumbing down the game for players that actually refuse to learn to play any different/better.

People like the ones in the first fight in this video ;(: https://youtu.be/Bp_UOjpI644
    Edited by Akinos on August 17, 2019 12:19AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Stick to light armor if you want to kill anyrhing at all especially on a mag toon.

Not sure what your enchants are but you could use nirn or an Infused zerked glyph to get the damage up.

Or swap blood spawn for skoria for more burst would be my suggestions but do not go heavy armor your damage will be total crap

You can have high damage in heavy...sure you won't have the extra spell pen and crit rate but with a good build heavy won't be total crap damage.

I don't understand why people think your damage automatically goes down to 0 if you equip 5 heavy...it's almost as bad as thinking you can't have sustain if you wear 2 or 3 dps sets.

No I agree with you but if someone has trouble killing people in light armor with all damage ghyphs and light armor passives then i dont think swapping to heavy is the answer unless they really know how to do it right.

Maybe you can do it really well but most heavy armor mag users arent killing anything. It turns most templars into straight heal bots

I guess thats true too, so many awful templars out there they are just content with being heal bots that don't even attempt another playstyle...and ZO$ keeps dumbing down the game for players that actually refuse to learn to play any different/better.

People like the ones in the first fight in this video ;(: https://youtu.be/Bp_UOjpI644

And those are the players other classes deal with too and get all the feedback nerfs which harm those of us that smdo play Templar correctly.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a fan of heavy and no spinners. Even with ele drain.
    Just a questio....
    technohic wrote: »
    Bosov wrote: »
    Ah, this topic is for new players. It does make sense for new players to be a templar this patch. There also might be an influx of new templars this patch. Better get ready to help them out.

Here is my first tip for all you new templars : Slot your dots, slot your class heal and whatever you do. Do NOT leave the homebase without your purify.
    You have a bad build from what it sounds like bosov

Wow, just wow. Show some respect for the YouTube content creator who made my build! Cast your bubble templar, i am coming for you!

So you're saying it's someone else's build and you just aren't any good at it? Got it.

I have not had any issues fighting magplars this patch but I am running stamplar and stamcro for access to my own DOT removal which also works on eclipse and I have not had an issue with them in their self bubble either since I have 7 seconds root immunity. Even with the bubble, a lot of these new templars fold with a good onslaught executioner combo. Still cant believe people haven't noticed that as widely as DOTs.

You mean you adapted and changed your play style to match the changes....no way, how dare you! :P

I suppose it is adapting. Im just playing with the meta in mind. To be fair; its hard to tell a lot of the stam classes outside of necro, templar, and NB to run a purge to adapt. That would be my one problem with the new meta. I do have friends sticking to Warden, Dk, and stam sorc but I don't know how they manage. Its certainly not templars fault for that, though.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:lol: I lost count of how many didn't even break the toppling stun and let you simply jab them to death
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos looks so cool with a 2h.

Also, the game looks so much smoother than on console.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:lol: I lost count of how many didn't even break the toppling stun and let you simply jab them to death

Most of them were magplars too ><
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im gonna be picking on the new magplars to start the patch.

#TemplarCarriesWhyDontYouTryIt
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also be prepared for tons of "whats ur build" and "teach me how to plar" questions xD
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just a questio....
    Ah, this topic is for new players. It does make sense for new players to be a templar this patch. There also might be an influx of new templars this patch. Better get ready to help them out.

Here is my first tip for all you new templars : Slot your dots, slot your class heal and whatever you do. Do NOT leave the homebase without your purify.

Wow, just wow. Show some respect for the YouTube content creator who made my build! Cast your bubble templar, i am coming for you!

So you're saying it's someone else's build and you just aren't any good at it? Got it.

I have not had any issues fighting magplars this patch but I am running stamplar and stamcro for access to my own DOT removal which also works on eclipse and I have not had an issue with them in their self bubble either since I have 7 seconds root immunity. Even with the bubble, a lot of these new templars fold with a good onslaught executioner combo. Still cant believe people haven't noticed that as widely as DOTs.

You mean you adapted and changed your play style to match the changes....no way, how dare you! :P

I suppose it is adapting. Im just playing with the meta in mind. To be fair; its hard to tell a lot of the stam classes outside of necro, templar, and NB to run a purge to adapt. That would be my one problem with the new meta. I do have friends sticking to Warden, Dk, and stam sorc but I don't know how they manage. Its certainly not templars fault for that, though.

Ill be honest at this point i prefer aurorans over spinners, it gives about half the pen, but the proc provides a great uptime on minor vulnurability.
    Tbh my current builds is pretty weird, im using swift and riposte backbar with skoria and willpower lightning, but i wonder if goin heavy with something like julianos and aurorans would be better damage overall.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Just a questio....

Ill be honest at this point i prefer aurorans over spinners, it gives about half the pen, but the proc provides a great uptime on minor vulnurability.
    Tbh my current builds is pretty weird, im using swift and riposte backbar with skoria and willpower lightning, but i wonder if goin heavy with something like julianos and aurorans would be better damage overall.

Definitly not, as you will lose out on penetration and crit bonus plus will be much harder to sustain an kind of damage
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

Just a questio....

Definitly not, as you will lose out on penetration and crit bonus plus will be much harder to sustain an kind of damage

Sustain is heavy is pretty easy due to heavy attacks, especially with off balance from toppling, you get like 15k mag back from a heavy.
    The reason i wanna go juli is so it can make up for the lost crit.
    As much as i like light armor, it has its pitfalls, especially when outnumbered.
    Heavy armor synergises much better with magplar toolkit imho.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Also be prepared for tons of "whats ur build" and "teach me how to plar" questions xD

That's when you send them here so we can say "experiment and see for yourself lol"
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭✭

That's when you send them here so we can say "experiment and see for yourself lol"

I dont think you will get any message like this at all, rather " ******* metaslave, l2p" stuff....
    At least, that is what i get messaged, when I defeat some noobs.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

Just a questio....

I ran my Stam Warden for a couple days just to get the Transmute stones when the Campaign is over. I was often one of the last to die or even got away when the fight got heavy and I REALLY SUCK with Stam classes (minus stamplar). If I can do it, I would have to say anyone else with at least some skill could if they really wanted too.
    Edited by VirtualElizabeth on August 17, 2019 4:13PM
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

Just a questio....

Sustain is heavy is pretty easy due to heavy attacks, especially with off balance from toppling, you get like 15k mag back from a heavy.
    The reason i wanna go juli is so it can make up for the lost crit.
    As much as i like light armor, it has its pitfalls, especially when outnumbered.
    Heavy armor synergises much better with magplar toolkit imho.

Its not 15k, but it sure is a lot. You can actually back bar ulfnors favor, one of the only sets in thew game with TWO 3pc bonuses. Off balance + ulfnors back barred resto staff heavy attack is a really undermined sustain set up.
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on August 17, 2019 4:58PM
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a questio....

I ran my Stam Warden for a couple days just to get the Transmute stones when the Campaign is over. I was often one of the last to die or even got away when the fight got heavy and I REALLY SUCK with Stam classes (minus stamplar). If I can do it, I would have to say anyone else with at least some skill could if they really wanted too.

Stam warden is just naturally super tanky I just lvl'd a nord Stam warden and I'm complete garbage but can survive and kill pretty decently lol.

It honestly feels like magplar is not op but on the same lvl as some heavy Stam set ups that have been dominating forever.
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭

Just a questio....

Stam warden is just naturally super tanky I just lvl'd a nord Stam warden and I'm complete garbage but can survive and kill pretty decently lol.

It honestly feels like magplar is not op but on the same lvl as some heavy Stam set ups that have been dominating forever.

You mean the game is balanced to certain extent???? No way :)
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a questio....

The funny thing is, mag templar wrecks stam warden in my experience.

Stam Warden is a fantastic scrub stomper though.
  • MaTaHgA
    MaTaHgA
    Soul Shriven
    Someone tried range plar with crushing shock/elemental weapon this patch? How does it feel?
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Someone tried range plar with crushing shock/elemental weapon this patch? How does it feel?

Hits like a truck, till you fight DK and you learn a hard lesson about how broken block+wings are lol
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was expecting something different from elemental weapon...
    I never played with that skill before and i am not liking it really... Neither the damage, neither that specific gameplay :s

But i will try it some more, because we always need to give some time to something new, get out of our confort zone
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran into a magplar that was trying to troll with eclipse self bubble and a tanky build. We started whaling on him and as he got low, hed spam that and HTD. I was with 2 people so I told them to not hit him when the bubble was up, but to just DOT and save ultis for when it went down or at least all at once burst. We got him after some trial and error. Was wondering if it was any the jokers here.

Most others I have seen was players that look like they were healbots and were using it as they were caught alone, and it did not work out nearly as well for them. Didn't even have to coordinate.

Im going to give it a try on a melee magplar just to open offensive windows.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Ran into a magplar that was trying to troll with eclipse self bubble and a tanky build. We started whaling on him and as he got low, hed spam that and HTD. I was with 2 people so I told them to not hit him when the bubble was up, but to just DOT and save ultis for when it went down or at least all at once burst. We got him after some trial and error. Was wondering if it was any the jokers here.

Most others I have seen was players that look like they were healbots and were using it as they were caught alone, and it did not work out nearly as well for them. Didn't even have to coordinate.

i wish living dark would be returned to how it worked on launch and sun shield returned to 30% health and higher percentage dmg. That was more unique and had counterplay.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i wish living dark would be returned to how it worked on launch and sun shield returned to 30% health and higher percentage dmg. That was more unique and had counterplay.

I agree. The most annoying thing right now is identifying what you're seeing. is it an NPC version on you or a player version? Is it a friendly one on your target, or did they cast it on themselves? Just really sloppy and over effective or over priced depending on application.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar: most of you still in light armour? Any changes due to the protective nerf?
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Magplar: most of you still in light armour? Any changes due to the protective nerf?

I am in heavy and it works wonderful.
  • MaTaHgA
    MaTaHgA
    Soul Shriven

What combination of sets do you use? I always feel like I don't have enough damage in heavy
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭✭

What combination of sets do you use? I always feel like I don't have enough damage in heavy

Axiom and bright-throats boast.
    Its a very stat dense setup, so you can pull off lots of damage and healing thanks to the sets and heavy armor passives.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

I agree. The most annoying thing right now is identifying what you're seeing. is it an NPC version on you or a player version? Is it a friendly one on your target, or did they cast it on themselves? Just really sloppy and over effective or over priced depending on application.

I agree. They keep touching it, but the best version was the reflect. And now that DK has our major healing/self healing boost, it makes sense we take back the single target reflect on eclipse that can be CC broke. And I am talking about the version that reflected ultimates too.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

Axiom and bright-throats boast.
    Its a very stat dense setup, so you can pull off lots of damage and healing thanks to the sets and heavy armor passives.

I might try this seeing that I do feel like light needs extra defense but they overnerfed defense/overbuffed dmg now.