The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of a magplar running nothing but hots n dots...healing ward/rapid regen/ invig pots/sweeps/etc... I’m guessing a decent defensive set with regen combo d with another max stat or dmg/regen set would do the trick.... any suggestions?
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    I like the idea of a magplar running nothing but hots n dots...healing ward/rapid regen/ invig pots/sweeps/etc... I’m guessing a decent defensive set with regen combo d with another max stat or dmg/regen set would do the trick.... any suggestions?

despite forum crying, youll find yourself wanting more burst heal when you get hit by 6k frags/relentless/whips/leaps/2h ults/etc. hots wont save you if you take 23k dmg in a span of 2 seconds from various stacked sources and the shields off resto will only provide 5-6k protection.

but it will be a nice build next patch.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, Hodor the Dead never leaves the bar... I was thinking along the lines of stack hots instead of mitigation, dropping some offensive skills and trying to kill with ultimates/sweeps/and a few dots... probably won’t be super effective but hypothetically if you had enough max stat or dmg to boost those hots up, you could use in tandem with the aedriac spear 6% dmg mit in combination with high elf’s 5% dmg mit while casting or channeling for some sneaky good burst/defense. All depends on how bats/crescent sweep act next patch.(ie: bats considered a channel?)
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, Hodor the Dead never leaves the bar... I was thinking along the lines of stack hots instead of mitigation, dropping some offensive skills and trying to kill with ultimates/sweeps/and a few dots... probably won’t be super effective but hypothetically if you had enough max stat or dmg to boost those hots up, you could use in tandem with the aedriac spear 6% dmg mit in combination with high elf’s 5% dmg mit while casting or channeling for some sneaky good burst/defense. All depends on how bats/crescent sweep act next patch.(ie: bats considered a channel?)

Think of your bar layout. What are u planning on using? There are a lot of skills you sound like you want to use.

Where do you get the hodor the dead skill btw? Sounds..... repetitive.

Bane, entropy, soul trap, rapid regen, uc/ld, weakness to elements, focus, extended, purifying light, reach, sweeps, htd, healing ward,

Ice or fire, resto front bar? Snb dead? I'll have a lot of playing around to do.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnB is definitely not dead. Being able to use your stamina for active defense is a huge plus if you want to run good damage since it's wasteful to put too much into mag regen.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BTB/Swift/Skoria could be a pretty slick combo for a DoT/HoT build.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

It's a new Templar skill. Heals like Honor the Dead and a passive effect when slotted that prevents enemies from using doors in a 28m radius.

Edited by Synozeer on August 9, 2019 7:36PM
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still dunno what I'm gonna run yet, so much dmg will be flying around I'm not sure 1 defensive set will be enough if wearing light like most ppl with common sense will be
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synozeer wrote: »

It's a new Templar skill. Heals like Honor the Dead and a passive effect when slotted that prevents enemies from using doors in a 28m radius.

A breach holders dream! Bravo!
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnB is definitely not dead. Being able to use your stamina for active defense is a huge plus if you want to run good damage since it's wasteful to put too much into mag regen.

It's not dead no, but in small scale/ duels i run reverb at times, which will no longer defile. That's a bummer. Also, with the amount of skills i plan on running, i don't have a cut and dry front and back bar. So im gimping my dmg and glyphs by running snb over ice staff.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not dead no, but in small scale/ duels i run reverb at times, which will no longer defile. That's a bummer. Also, with the amount of skills i plan on running, i don't have a cut and dry front and back bar. So im gimping my dmg and glyphs by running snb over ice staff.

Yeah I use reverb on live too and will miss it, I'm already used to having to be on front bar to do any kind of dmg so SnB backbar works great for me to spread out my resource usage. And with 19k stam and 1k stam regen the SnB bar does some serious work. My small scale friends and I have already worked out where we'll get our defile from next patch ;)
    PC NA

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of backbar front bar, been debating swapping ice staff to 1 h shield again now that I'm front barring destro. I already dont take the passive to make it cost magicka, and have just degeneration back there whis DOT get the front bar spinner penetration. I run will power on back so was debating an infuse shield with magicka for the slightly more yet for heals when block casting. I just run an infused disease frost staff right now for off chance defile but I barely attack on that bar. Maybe nirnhon or something for just a hair more oomph there?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when scalebreaker drops on xbox
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    27th
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Speaking of backbar front bar, been debating swapping ice staff to 1 h shield again now that I'm front barring destro. I already dont take the passive to make it cost magicka, and have just degeneration back there whis DOT get the front bar spinner penetration. I run will power on back so was debating an infuse shield with magicka for the slightly more yet for heals when block casting. I just run an infused disease frost staff right now for off chance defile but I barely attack on that bar. Maybe nirnhon or something for just a hair more oomph there?

Definitely nirnhoned on whichever bar has HtD/BoL. Magicka glyph on shield.
    giphy.gif
    PC NA

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plan so far for non cp in scalebreaker:

BTB, Alfiq, Pirate Skelly, 2 infused spell damage and 1 swift recovery jewelry, destro/resto, atro mundus, breton non vamp.

Could still go blood spawn but I think the nerfed pirate skeleton with 40-45% uptime on major protection will still be viable. Resistances will be lower than I’ve ever gone with but I’m thinking the minor protection from aedric spear abilities and part time major protection with better offense may be the way to go.

Destro: Sweeps, Toppling, Reflective light, Purifying light, (flex), Crescent sweep.

Resto: HtD, Ext Ritual, Focus, Degeneration, RAT, Life giver.

For that flex spot mainly I’m just not sure where I want to go with it yet. Ele drain (most likely choice), soul trap, eclipse, Jesus beam, there are some options there.

Stats, again non cp, are 23k health, 33k magicka, 13.5k stamina, recovery around 1500, spell damage topping out at around 3.2k.

May all still change, just a jumping off point.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would anybody use pirate next patch, the major defile will be a killer
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently using 5 impregnable, 5 crafty, slimecraw, good dmg and tanky
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

Yeah, I’ll not be using PS. And it’s not just the major defile. 10 secs CD of no mitigation just not worth it. They sure gutted that monster set. Best to use a defensive set and an offensive monster, even Bloodspawn for the higher use of ultis. Bats got a cost increase, but it’s 7 secs now instead of 5. But to each their own.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess I missed that update then, thought it was still minor defile.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's let people think that =)
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might even start using dw swords again and frost on the back now that stun been removed from shock reach,
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Definitely nirnhoned on whichever bar has HtD/BoL. Magicka glyph on shield.
    giphy.gif

Trait wise I'd say:
    - If you only have heals and buffs on the backbar then powered is the way to go
    - If you have a bar with both heals and damage skills then nirnhoned. Infused is also a nice option.
    - If you only have offensive skills on the fronbar then sharpened

But: Always nirnhoned on sword and board or first weapon of dual wield, since its the only trait with full power on one handed weapons.
    Edited by HankTwo on August 10, 2019 12:47PM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened/ powered. I *currently* don't heal on my front bar at all. Give me sharpened. I *currently* only buff and heal on my back bar, give me powered
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭

With certain builds you'll be able to outheal the defile as Templar lol
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭

Let's say you use "Curse-Eater set", you 'direct heal' yourself with HoT... It automatically removes 3 negative effects (Pirate major defile) and you still restore 600 magicka.

Never tested it really but it should work, right?
    Edited by miteba on August 10, 2019 4:19PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    miteba wrote: »

Let's say you use "Curse-Eater set", you 'direct heal' yourself with HoT... It automatically removes 3 negative effects (Pirate major defile) and you still restore 600 magicka.

Never tested it really but it should work, right?

No they code the defile on the pirate skeleton as a buff so you cant cleanse it or remove it as a negative effect
    Edited by Syiccal on August 10, 2019 4:20PM
  • miteba
    miteba
    ✭✭✭✭
    No they code the defile on the pirate skeleton as a buff so you cant cleanse it or remove it as a negative effect

lol they really work hard and are very creative when comes to nerfing things...

If only they used that imagination to buffs and fight homogenization :s

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a question of how tanky to play in light before dmg goes out the window.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Think of your bar layout. What are u planning on using? There are a lot of skills you sound like you want to use.

Bane, entropy, soul trap, rapid regen, uc/ld, weakness to elements, focus, extended, purifying light, reach, sweeps, htd, healing ward,

Ice or fire, resto front bar? Snb dead? I'll have a lot of playing around to do.

right, thats where im at... Im probably gonna just need to install ESO on my comp and PTS test... In theory I was planning:

Front Bar: (Lightning Staff): Reflective light, Degeneration, Sweeps, Toppling Charge, Soul Trap. Ult: Crecent
    BackBar: (Resto Staff)*escapist poison*: Extended, rune, healing ward, Rapid Regen, Hodor the Dead. Ult: Devouring Swarm

Note: depending on which HoT is more effective, either rapid regen or healing ward will be swapped with Proxy Det.

'Build: BTB/Overwhelming Surge/Troll King (Bloodspawn,lord Warden, or Bogdons)gotta test.