Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

30 Slot Challenge: show off your Inns!

• Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ToxicPAWS - Nice rooms, but switching your UI off would make your screenshots look so much better.

The key is unassigned by default, but it is there in Settings/Controls.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    Three of my inn rooms, decorated for a valentines themed date night ❤️

3fygyf0fu0x8.jpeg

oa4k58i1vbzq.jpeg

z0g39ilo8781.jpeg
    Edited by ZAD1ST on July 28, 2019 10:47PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Took some quick screenshots of Mara's Kiss before the shutdown...

As far as I know, this is the only bed you can (properly) fit in this room.

You can fit some doubles in diagonally, if you are prepared to live in the knowledge that the back of the headboard is cut into by the windowsill, but I always feel as though I am cheating if I do that.

Think this is the only wardrobe that (truly) fits in here, too.

e5j9devcvrtc.png

8xn6d5jsxb4y.png

a6lwfpel6ra4.png

a05pd47h768o.png

wvjc7lvhqh65.png
  • Xerodom
    Xerodom
    Soul Shriven
    (Removed, used a few EHT FX...)
    Edited by Xerodom on July 29, 2019 5:33PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Golden Gryphon Library:
    1wyCaDA.jpg
    G2vGt44.jpg

I love it! :smiley: The window plant balances it nicely and the books, paper and bottle on the table give it the room a feel of being actually used and worked in, rather than a display room. :) What bookshelves did you use and where did you get all the books?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Not a lot you can normally do with 30 slots, so I just try to make them pleasant places to zone in and out of.

Here's my Golden Gryphon Garrett (EHT-free):

c7kcgmqkzye8.png

What a lovely room! As others have said, the pets make it look lived in and welcoming and I love the shot with the sunlight on the bed where the kitty is enjoying the sun patch just like mine do in rl. :3 And great choices in furnishings that work well together! I quickly found that not all high elf style furnishings, for instance, work well together while pieces in a different style can fit quite well.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can fit some doubles in diagonally, if you are prepared to live in the knowledge that the back of the headboard is cut into by the windowsill, but I always feel as though I am cheating if I do that.

e5j9devcvrtc.png

8xn6d5jsxb4y.png

Great utilization of a small space! :) It looks elegant and cozy rather than crowded. I really like your choices in furnishings too — which bed is that?
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

e5j9devcvrtc.png

8xn6d5jsxb4y.png

Great utilization of a small space! :) It looks elegant and cozy rather than crowded. I really like your choices in furnishings too — which bed is that?

That's just the High Elf Bed, Verdant:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/high-elf-bed-verdant/

There's also a High Elf Bed, Winged, with the same base model, but I prefer the more natural Verdant motif.

Thank you so much for all your positive comments. :smile:
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 29, 2019 8:53PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sugar Bowl Suite, 30/30.

This is one of my favourites of the available inn rooms, along with the Golden Gryphon Garret.

Wish this one had just one more slot for a music box and/or the music box counted as a Special Collectible and there were 3 allowed.

Wish some of the blurry wooden wall textures were fixed, too...

qbe697zu598t.png

8zvjtb77c4ro.png

m77s897e4po7.png

suvm5if5m2x5.png

vy7kctyecyb3.png

tagbl07fihp0.png

b579vj4f8xot.png

o2gsiaa00unz.png

08qkdm3lpqci.png

dh8qxoi4c81u.png
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 30, 2019 4:08AM
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tigerseye this is just lovely! The lighting on the curtains, the negative space, and the color scheme are gorgeous! Bravo.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    P.s. Is the Elsweyr wine rack really crowns only? Such a shame if it is.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    @Tigerseye this is just lovely! The lighting on the curtains, the negative space, and the color scheme are gorgeous! Bravo.

Thanks again, Sue. :blush:

P.s. Is the Elsweyr wine rack really crowns only? Such a shame if it is.

No, you can craft it. :smile:

I've noticed that ESOfashion has fallen behind with the Elsweyr stuff.

A lot of the things that say Crown Store only, on there, are actually craftable, or (in a few cases) are drops.

This is, obviously, for PCEU, but you can see it's available:

https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/SearchResult?ItemID=20394&ItemNamePattern=Blueprint:+Elsweyr+Winerack,+Cane+Mead&SortBy=Price&Order=asc

Edited by Tigerseye on July 30, 2019 8:32AM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tigerseye gorgeous room and very luxurious! I agree with Sue — great use of space and color!

Also, I agree with you on Sugar Bowl Suite and Golden Gryphon Garret being the nicest single rooms! :) I think I need just a few more things to complete the GGG to my satisfaction (books being the main thing I’m missing!) but for SBS I want a lot of luxurious rugs and cushions and drapes and those all seem to be more expensive so will be a while yet before it can be realized (just started the game a few weeks ago so everything is expensive to me, lol).
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    @Tigerseye gorgeous room and very luxurious! I agree with Sue — great use of space and color!

Also, I agree with you on Sugar Bowl Suite and Golden Gryphon Garret being the nicest single rooms! :) I think I need just a few more things to complete the GGG to my satisfaction (books being the main thing I’m missing!) but for SBS I want a lot of luxurious rugs and cushions and drapes and those all seem to be more expensive so will be a while yet before it can be realized (just started the game a few weeks ago so everything is expensive to me, lol).

Thank you, Erin. :smile:

It does get easier, although obtaining furnishing mats continues to be challenging, if you don't bot.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've all done beautiful jobs with your inn rooms. I would post mine but they either look too small and dark, or they are too large for the 30- slot limit and look too sparse. I keep taking the traditional route of trying to put in a bed, table, and some seating. Those things usually fill the 30 slots before I get to put down any decor or "clutter." Plus, I'm really not willing to spend a lot of crowns for furniture. I can craft quite a few things but am still trying to get those "unicorns" to drop for me in Elsweyr. What I wouldn't give for the plans for that big bed, wide wardrobe, and the divider! I swear if I get one more "Elsweyr spice display, turmeric yellow," I'm going to scream! Your imaginations are much better than mine!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK, me again with The Rosy Lion (30/30).

Don't particularly like the Breton windows and don't have curtains to fit, so covered them.

Quite like the finished effect - makes the room look a bit Japanese.

Sorry to monopolise the thread, by the way - hoping to see more of other people's inn rooms soon.

ns8xjdcybu8z.png

9cpw933h9tzl.png

1gwd4cs23zn2.png

yxephvn1jgk4.png

ikqwr0q7lu0m.png

3wx25opnilek.png

uow17ibf7d3i.png
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You've all done beautiful jobs with your inn rooms. I would post mine but they either look too small and dark, or they are too large for the 30- slot limit and look too sparse. I keep taking the traditional route of trying to put in a bed, table, and some seating. Those things usually fill the 30 slots before I get to put down any decor or "clutter." Plus, I'm really not willing to spend a lot of crowns for furniture. I can craft quite a few things but am still trying to get those "unicorns" to drop for me in Elsweyr. What I wouldn't give for the plans for that big bed, wide wardrobe, and the divider! I swear if I get one more "Elsweyr spice display, turmeric yellow," I'm going to scream! Your imaginations are much better than mine!

I think the first thing to worry about, apart from a bed, nightstands (we call them bedside tables) and a wardrobe is lighting.

The best lighting is placed at different levels - so, for example, ceiling light(s), wall sconces and bedside table lights/candles.

Get that sorted out first, as not only does it make the finished room look nice and bright, it also helps you see what you're doing while you're decorating.

Wouldn't worry too much about tables and lots of seating, until you have got the basics in.

Most of the inn rooms are pretty small, anyway.

The main exception being St Delyn which should really be classed as an apartment, as it's at least as big as Sisters of the Sands and doesn't even have windows to take up wall space.

Also, you should be able to do it all with crafted stuff and stuff you buy from guild stores, home furnishing/achievement vendors and maybe the luxury vendor.

Shouldn't need to buy any furnishings from the Crown store for inn rooms.

Best way to check most of what is available is to go to the Purchase section of the Housing Editor, then google the ESOfashion website, along with the name of the item, to see if it is available in-game and then cross reference TTC, to make sure an item definitely isn't available (as sometimes ESOfashion isn't kept up-to-date).

Also, you can google specific categories, plus ESOfashion, for a list of the available things.

So, this for "flowers ESOfashion", for example:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/furnishing/conservatory/flowers/

Or this for "plants ESOfashion":

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/furnishing/conservatory/plants/

...and so on.

By the way, I've just checked and aside from one painting and the vines (which could be substituted for in-game vines - both green and red are available) in the Golden Gryphon and the music box above (which could be replaced with a vase, or something) none of my traditional furnishing items shown here are Crown Store.
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 31, 2019 3:02AM
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭

ns8xjdcybu8z.png

Did you make this house just for Ezabi and Fezez? The colors are perfect for them!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Steezzy
    Steezzy
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty new to housing and decorating, but would like to dabble with it more. this thread is very inspiring!

i ended up catching some trophy fish and wanted to a place to display my growing collection. at first i laughed at the mara's kiss space, but then just decided to wing it until i save up enough for a better home.
    hope yall enjoy my little creation :)
    cheers
    wtzypyj6j8l4.jpg
    4dqrsdmc3xqa.jpg
    e5qomwf1zvto.jpg
    r4hv7pv1odgs.jpg
    Edited by Steezzy on July 31, 2019 4:50AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ns8xjdcybu8z.png

Did you make this house just for Ezabi and Fezez? The colors are perfect for them!

No, not really - I just made it those colours and then noticed they would go well in there. :smiley:
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had half decorated it like that pre-Elsweyr - but, previously, it had a Redguard bed and nightstands in it.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Steezy I do like the light fixture that you have created, a little bit of necromancy going on in there? Zombie fish maybe :P

@ErinM31 Thanks so much! :)
    The bookshelves are "Alinor Bookshelf, Grand Full" I find that filled shelves automatically make a room look like it is fuller, saves you spaces on filling them up yourself. You can buy them for both gold & crowns.
    The books on the table are *I think* only purchasable with crowns, but they aren't expensive. Again, it gives the illusion of more items instead of stacking 5 individual books.

• dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    My Saint Delyn Penthouse;

gzz5q4kd7xn2.jpg

bnf1vm4fnz9h.jpg

04toc1f9e0th.jpg

aef4ridkofe7.jpg

72dwf85ozass.jpg
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dagrdagaz_5912 Looks great! I think you made good choices in lighting, illuminating while keeping it a bit dim and moody. I like how you’ve decided it into two rooms and love the furnishings! I do like the elegance of the Redoran and Hlaalu furnishings! :)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on August 2, 2019 10:45PM
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful work, everyone!!
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    I lost a contest with this, but still thought it was cute. h02m459fojc9.png

It all looks so good ! How did you do the water ?

@Itacira - It is Vivec's Divination Pool:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/vivecs-divination-pool/

Part of Lord Vivec Set furniture pack:

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Lord_Vivec_Set
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Steezzy
    Steezzy
    ✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    @Steezy I do like the light fixture that you have created, a little bit of necromancy going on in there? Zombie fish maybe :persevere:

thanks!!
    and exactly! lol

• dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    @ErinM31 tnx, glad u like it :smile:

Now my attempt at The Ebony Flask Inn Room
    Note: In the picture with the door, the bed seems not to be centered in the middle.
    But that is because the room is not symmetrical

csebgo70n53q.jpg

1bgbsd3vq3la.jpg

v9tjl7kih6bl.jpg

74uq5v7ueojh.jpg
  • Pycnolite
    Pycnolite
    ✭✭
    Here's my Dunmer Sorceror Invarus Raveren's Saint Delyn Penthouse in Vivec! It's currently the only house I have 'complete', but I could easily fit in another 15-30 slots if they let us...one day, hopefully!

rwd836peaq8u.jpg
    jdjqetqh6434.jpg
    dbcv54on9o2h.jpg
    4l6e51ursyhl.jpg
    na0m6puuclso.jpg
    jamudebb1gdf.jpg

I'm planning on giving each of my characters one of the Chapter inn rooms, as we get more of them. Personally I find the original inn rooms a bit...vanilla, boring, and small. So I've unlocked them but I'm not going to go all out on them. But the Chapter ones are lovely!

My Altmer currently has the Golden Gryphon Garret, which I completed but am not 100% happy with, so I'm still working on it. I haven't started on my Khajiit's Sugar Bowl Suite, but that one's next after my Altmer's room.
    Characters (PC-NA):
    • - Evaela Dralamont (Breton - Dragonknight)
    • - Daro'Nisha-Jhar (Khajiit - Nightblade)
    • - Invarus Raveren (Dark Elf - Sorcerer)
    • - Sindelacar Ancaril (High Elf - Templar)
    • - Jil-Meera (Argonian - Warden)
    • - Durgaz gro-Shorak (Orc - Necromancer)