Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

30 Slot Challenge: show off your Inns!

  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since housing has been introduced to ESO, the inn rooms are more of are practical use for all my characters. They are just a small refuge to spend the night and be gone the next morning. They are still furnished the way they were in the beginning - I didn't change much since then.

    So this is my Mara's Kiss room for my crafters:

    maraskiss3jsj9x.png

    maraskiss2mejgb.png

    An this is my Rosy Lion's room. First I put all the paintings I found in chests in there (because I didn't know where to put them), but in the end it ended up being a small, not too uncomfortable place:

    rosylion3eljma.png

    rosylion2rkk36.png

    rosylion1nfk7s.png

    I have other rooms as well (even one I forgot about until now - it's completely empty :D ), and I am still working on my St. Delyn's place. As I refuse to buy any furnishing in the crown store section of the housing edior and work with only what I find or buy at reasonable prices at the guild vendors ingame, I'm still missing out on the more expensive and more beautiful furnishings.

    But I like my tiny, not too fancy rooms all the same. :)

    Edited by Myrnhiel on August 4, 2019 11:32AM
    ~ The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern. ~
    *****
    "He is born again! I feel him! The Dragon takes his first breath on the slope of Dragonmount! He is coming! He is coming!
    Light help us! Light help the world!
    He lies in the snow and cries like the thunder! He burns like the sun! "
    ~ R. Jordan - New Spring
    135
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job everyone! The only inn room I've completely decorated and am satisfied with is the Ebony Flask. I've also finished St. Delyn's, but I'm not entirely satisfied with it. I've rearranged several times but I just can't seem to make it look anything but bare. It's too large for the 30-slot limit, admittedly, but some folks here have succeeded in making it appear full.

    The main problem with St. Delyn's is that it's too dark and there are no windows. I'm using far too many slots for lighting, but I just really don't like dark houses. Many of the ones here are too dark for my tastes, even though I think they are so nicely decorated. I just have to figure out a way to get rid of a couple more lights and think about maybe some larger furnishing pieces to make it look more full.

    In any event, I've gotten quite a bit of inspiration here! Thanks to everyone who shared their creations, esp. those of St. Delyn's!
  • ErinM31
    ErinM31
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Great job everyone! The only inn room I've completely decorated and am satisfied with is the Ebony Flask. I've also finished St. Delyn's, but I'm not entirely satisfied with it. I've rearranged several times but I just can't seem to make it look anything but bare. It's too large for the 30-slot limit, admittedly, but some folks here have succeeded in making it appear full.

    The main problem with St. Delyn's is that it's too dark and there are no windows. I'm using far too many slots for lighting, but I just really don't like dark houses. Many of the ones here are too dark for my tastes, even though I think they are so nicely decorated. I just have to figure out a way to get rid of a couple more lights and think about maybe some larger furnishing pieces to make it look more full.

    In any event, I've gotten quite a bit of inspiration here! Thanks to everyone who shared their creations, esp. those of St. Delyn's!

    As others have said, larger items with more to them — such as a full bookcase — really help to add to a place feeling lived or worked in. For brightening a room with minimal slots, have you looked at any of the chandeliers or candelabras? I haven’t experimented enough to be able to say which are brightest, but it certainly varies and an Elsweyr lantern, for instance, will add far more light to a room than a candle or two.

    I do love the Golden Gryphon Garret, Sugar Bowl Suite and St. Delyn’s! :) I think my GGG is about complete and will post pics soon.
  • Pycnolite
    Pycnolite
    Soul Shriven
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Great job everyone! The only inn room I've completely decorated and am satisfied with is the Ebony Flask. I've also finished St. Delyn's, but I'm not entirely satisfied with it. I've rearranged several times but I just can't seem to make it look anything but bare. It's too large for the 30-slot limit, admittedly, but some folks here have succeeded in making it appear full.

    The main problem with St. Delyn's is that it's too dark and there are no windows. I'm using far too many slots for lighting, but I just really don't like dark houses. Many of the ones here are too dark for my tastes, even though I think they are so nicely decorated. I just have to figure out a way to get rid of a couple more lights and think about maybe some larger furnishing pieces to make it look more full.

    In any event, I've gotten quite a bit of inspiration here! Thanks to everyone who shared their creations, esp. those of St. Delyn's!

    I definitely had the lighting issue in St. Delyn's. Its so dark compared to other houses. So I tried to work with it and create a kind of 'mood lighting' effect, and give the place a cozy, ethereal, late night atmosphere.

    I do agree though. So many slots are taken up by lighting. :'( Right now I'm still praying they'll increase the item limit so I can add more non-lighting stuff in because I LOVE the aesthetic of St. Delyn's.

    Also praying we'll get a Vivec style larger house one day, but alas, I doubt we will haha
    Characters (PC-NA):

    - Invarus Raveren (Dunmer Telvanni Battlemage & Freelance Mercenary, and now Buoyant Armiger - Sorcerer)
    - Sindelacar Ancaril (Altmer Aristocrat & Meridia Worshipper - Templar)
    - Evaela Dralamont (Breton Knight Errant & former Imperial Legionary- Dragonknight)
    - Jil-Veeka (Argonian Bard, Frost Mage & Adventurer - Warden)
    - Dra'Isha-Jhar (Khajiit Bandit & former Monk - Nightblade)
    - Durgaz gro-Shorak (Orsimer exiled Shaman & Warlock - Necromancer)
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    I haven’t experimented enough to be able to say which are brightest, but it certainly varies and an Elsweyr lantern, for instance, will add far more light to a room than a candle or two.

    The Redguard Chandeliers give the best light - single one for the small rooms is normally enough and then you can use a triple one for the larger rooms.

    Nord ones are nice looking, too, but definitely dimmer and you also can't adjust the height as much.

    So, I only use them when I'm using plenty of other lighting - normally in houses, where you can put candles on coffee tables and end tables, directly underneath them, if their light doesn't extend down far enough.

    Generally, they end up only really lighting the ceiling, if used on their own, in a high ceilinged room.

    The general rule of thumb seems to be that a chandelier with a large open flame is brighter and has a wider spread than one with multiple candles.

    If you're using plenty of other lights, a Hlaalu Lantern may be enough in a small inn room, with a fairly low ceiling, though.

    Edited by Tigerseye on August 6, 2019 5:55PM
  • Dosuul
    Dosuul
    ✭✭✭
    This is so good, will try as well on the weekend.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    You've all done beautiful jobs with your inn rooms. I would post mine but they either look too small and dark, or they are too large for the 30- slot limit and look too sparse. I keep taking the traditional route of trying to put in a bed, table, and some seating. Those things usually fill the 30 slots before I get to put down any decor or "clutter." Plus, I'm really not willing to spend a lot of crowns for furniture. I can craft quite a few things but am still trying to get those "unicorns" to drop for me in Elsweyr. What I wouldn't give for the plans for that big bed, wide wardrobe, and the divider! I swear if I get one more "Elsweyr spice display, turmeric yellow," I'm going to scream! Your imaginations are much better than mine!

    I think the first thing to worry about, apart from a bed, nightstands (we call them bedside tables) and a wardrobe is lighting.

    The best lighting is placed at different levels - so, for example, ceiling light(s), wall sconces and bedside table lights/candles.

    Get that sorted out first, as not only does it make the finished room look nice and bright, it also helps you see what you're doing while you're decorating.

    Wouldn't worry too much about tables and lots of seating, until you have got the basics in.

    Most of the inn rooms are pretty small, anyway.

    The main exception being St Delyn which should really be classed as an apartment, as it's at least as big as Sisters of the Sands and doesn't even have windows to take up wall space.

    Also, you should be able to do it all with crafted stuff and stuff you buy from guild stores, home furnishing/achievement vendors and maybe the luxury vendor.

    Shouldn't need to buy any furnishings from the Crown store for inn rooms.

    Best way to check most of what is available is to go to the Purchase section of the Housing Editor, then google the ESOfashion website, along with the name of the item, to see if it is available in-game and then cross reference TTC, to make sure an item definitely isn't available (as sometimes ESOfashion isn't kept up-to-date).

    Also, you can google specific categories, plus ESOfashion, for a list of the available things.

    So, this for "flowers ESOfashion", for example:

    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/furnishing/conservatory/flowers/

    Or this for "plants ESOfashion":

    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/furnishing/conservatory/plants/

    ...and so on.

    By the way, I've just checked and aside from one painting and the vines (which could be substituted for in-game vines - both green and red are available) in the Golden Gryphon and the music box above (which could be replaced with a vase, or something) none of my traditional furnishing items shown here are Crown Store.

    Thank you very much for your encouragement! I had a small arm surgery yesterday that's keeping me out of the game for a few days, but now I'm itching to get in and see what I can do! Xbox NA here, so I couldn't cheat with addons if I wanted to!

    I can craft all of the Elsweyr candle sconce types, the column candle, and several chandeliers from different zones. If the goal is to start with lighting, I've got good options.

    You are especially good at making places look homey, @Tigerseye . Some people just have the knack!

    Others in this thread, beautiful work!
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    P.s. Is the Elsweyr wine rack really crowns only? Such a shame if it is.

    That rack is called Blueprint: Elsweyr Wine Rack, Cane Mead if I recall correctly. It was one of the first Elsweyr plans that dropped for me from a dragon, so I know it's craftable. I would make you a few if we were on the same platform/server. I'm Xbox NA.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭
    ZAD1ST wrote: »
    Three of my inn rooms, decorated for a valentines themed date night ❤️

    3fygyf0fu0x8.jpeg

    oa4k58i1vbzq.jpeg

    z0g39ilo8781.jpeg

    @ZAD1ST , one of my favorite decorators because I know you're on Xbox like me! Another beautiful set of rooms!
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    Here is another one of my 30 slot Inns.

    Golden Getaway:
    qaa8xxfu2lcr.png
    qqk7rlsx5awz.png
    wgjvhktb3s7n.png

    If you haven't tried this challenge yet, you should! It gets your brain juices flowing :smile:

    I am so awed by your creativity! At first I was viewing this on a tiny phone screen and didn't realize that the stairs went to a loft with a bed! The ceiling is plenty high enough for this and it would never have occurred to me without seeing your pictures. Well done!
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭

    @ZAD1ST , one of my favorite decorators because I know you're on Xbox like me! Another beautiful set of rooms!

    Thank you @LadySinflower ❤️❤️❤️
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭
    @Watchdog - I love how much thought you put into how Elnaurwen would set up a study space. It makes every item that much more interesting because she chose it specifically.

    The ghost cat fits in purrfect in her hiding place!

    My favorite part is how you used the Psijic table as a slightly raised platform so clever!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    You've all done beautiful jobs with your inn rooms. I would post mine but they either look too small and dark, or they are too large for the 30- slot limit and look too sparse. I keep taking the traditional route of trying to put in a bed, table, and some seating. Those things usually fill the 30 slots before I get to put down any decor or "clutter." Plus, I'm really not willing to spend a lot of crowns for furniture. I can craft quite a few things but am still trying to get those "unicorns" to drop for me in Elsweyr. What I wouldn't give for the plans for that big bed, wide wardrobe, and the divider! I swear if I get one more "Elsweyr spice display, turmeric yellow," I'm going to scream! Your imaginations are much better than mine!

    I think the first thing to worry about, apart from a bed, nightstands (we call them bedside tables) and a wardrobe is lighting.

    The best lighting is placed at different levels - so, for example, ceiling light(s), wall sconces and bedside table lights/candles.

    Get that sorted out first, as not only does it make the finished room look nice and bright, it also helps you see what you're doing while you're decorating.

    Wouldn't worry too much about tables and lots of seating, until you have got the basics in.

    Most of the inn rooms are pretty small, anyway.

    The main exception being St Delyn which should really be classed as an apartment, as it's at least as big as Sisters of the Sands and doesn't even have windows to take up wall space.

    Also, you should be able to do it all with crafted stuff and stuff you buy from guild stores, home furnishing/achievement vendors and maybe the luxury vendor.

    Shouldn't need to buy any furnishings from the Crown store for inn rooms.

    Best way to check most of what is available is to go to the Purchase section of the Housing Editor, then google the ESOfashion website, along with the name of the item, to see if it is available in-game and then cross reference TTC, to make sure an item definitely isn't available (as sometimes ESOfashion isn't kept up-to-date).

    Also, you can google specific categories, plus ESOfashion, for a list of the available things.

    So, this for "flowers ESOfashion", for example:

    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/furnishing/conservatory/flowers/

    Or this for "plants ESOfashion":

    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/furnishing/conservatory/plants/

    ...and so on.

    By the way, I've just checked and aside from one painting and the vines (which could be substituted for in-game vines - both green and red are available) in the Golden Gryphon and the music box above (which could be replaced with a vase, or something) none of my traditional furnishing items shown here are Crown Store.

    Thank you very much for your encouragement! I had a small arm surgery yesterday that's keeping me out of the game for a few days, but now I'm itching to get in and see what I can do! Xbox NA here, so I couldn't cheat with addons if I wanted to!

    I can craft all of the Elsweyr candle sconce types, the column candle, and several chandeliers from different zones. If the goal is to start with lighting, I've got good options.

    You are especially good at making places look homey, @Tigerseye . Some people just have the knack!

    Others in this thread, beautiful work!

    Thank you and hope your arm feels better soon. :smile:
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »
    @Watchdog - I love how much thought you put into how Elnaurwen would set up a study space. It makes every item that much more interesting because she chose it specifically.

    The ghost cat fits in purrfect in her hiding place!

    My favorite part is how you used the Psijic table as a slightly raised platform so clever!

    Thank you for your kind words. Elnaurwen sends her regards too. :)

    Four more Inn rooms to go. Only four of my twelve characters have their own homes so far. I plan to give each of them a home, eventually. I do have more homes than characters, but I am only progressing slowly. I love this thread, as it gave me a prompt to make use of my Inn rooms, and decorating a room with 30 items can be done in an evening or two, given that I do have the mats required to craft what I need, and the gold to buy Achievement items. The most difficult thing is to come up with a proper, yet doable theme.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Or, alternatively, they should introduce a Large Inn Room category (for this, Golden Gryphon and The Sugar Bowl) with 50 slots.

    I like this idea, but it would take the best inns out of this challenge. :D

    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    OK, so I officially hate the item limit in Saint Delyn. xD

    It should be classed as an Apartment.

    Or, alternatively, they should introduce a Large Inn Room category (for this, Golden Gryphon and The Sugar Bowl) with 50 slots.
    I was thinking the same thing.

    Still, i really like what u did with your Saint Delyn !!! Looks great imho :)


    ps. I am almost done with my Mara's Kiss Inn Room.
    Will post pictures when its finished.
  • ErinM31
    ErinM31
    ✭✭✭
    @Watchdog Lovely room and I like how you selected everything to fit your character! Everything fits together well, including the ghostly cat. :)

    @Tigerseye Very nice ambiance that you’ve created! The tryptich paintings look nice and the Redguard Khajiit couches and table work well with the colors and feel of the room and other furnishings. :)

    EDIT: Thank you for the info! :blush:
    Edited by ErinM31 on August 9, 2019 2:34PM
  • ErinM31
    ErinM31
    ✭✭✭
    @dtsharples Simple but elegant! And the soft lighting, many books and the kitty make it quite inviting to me! ;) I really like those candles on the desk!

    @dagrdagaz_5912 I totally agree about the high elf dressers — what a great solution you found! The basin looks perfect on top as well! :) I need to remember things like this are options and these are not real physical furnishings, lol! (I was moving around my Golden Gryphon Garret room to take screenshots and bumped into a table and my first reaction was to be upset that I had just “disrupted” the items I had placed so carefully! :lol: )
    Edited by ErinM31 on August 8, 2019 9:38PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

    sueblue wrote: »
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Or, alternatively, they should introduce a Large Inn Room category (for this, Golden Gryphon and The Sugar Bowl) with 50 slots.

    I like this idea, but it would take the best inns out of this challenge. :D

    lol, true.

    I'm afaid I would happily throw the challenge under a bus for a few more slots for Saint Delyn, though. xD

    It's actually a really nice room, so it's irritating that you can't make the most of it.

    ErinM31 wrote: »
    @Tigerseye Very nice ambiance that you’ve created! The tryptich paintings look nice and the Redguard couches and table work well with the colors and feel of the room and other furnishings. :)

    Thanks. :smile:

    The couches are Khajiit, by the way - they are a softer red than the Redguard ones.


    Tigerseye wrote: »
    OK, so I officially hate the item limit in Saint Delyn. xD

    It should be classed as an Apartment.

    Or, alternatively, they should introduce a Large Inn Room category (for this, Golden Gryphon and The Sugar Bowl) with 50 slots.
    I was thinking the same thing.

    Still, i really like what u did with your Saint Delyn !!! Looks great imho :)


    ps. I am almost done with my Mara's Kiss Inn Room.
    Will post pictures when its finished.

    Thank you.

    Your Mara's Kiss looks great, too. :smiley:
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you for posting @sueblue ! very lovely work!

    here is a little vid of my Golden Gryphon.. hope you enjoy

  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭
    @Delphinia - Geat Inn! Obviously, the aquarium is amazing but my favorite part is the kitten-cat stand-off! It really looks like they are about to brawl!!! So good.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
Sign In or Register to comment.