The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax should reduce magicka cost for Ritual of Rebirth 7290 is too much for a viable use in trial and dungeons.
    Options
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    So the cc we got is a single target ? So if multiple enemies are hitting you while
    You put up the aura still only one will get immobilized ?

Welp then we still don’t have a proper immobile ability on multiple targets

So no immobilize and no heal based on max health ..

My Templar tank (main) is getting put on the shelf for a while I’m tired of this

The new turn evil skill will be good for Templar Tanks.

Can you direct me to “turn evil” ??
    Edited by GallantGuardian on July 16, 2019 9:39AM
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the cc we got is a single target ? So if multiple enemies are hitting you while
    You put up the aura still only one will get immobilized ?

Welp then we still don’t have a proper immobile ability on multiple targets

So no immobilize and no heal based on max health ..

My Templar tank (main) is getting put on the shelf for a while I’m tired of this

The new turn evil skill will be good for Templar Tanks.

Can you direct me to “turn evil” ??

From the PTS notes:

Circle of Protection:
    Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs to 3902 from 7987.
    Fixed an issue with this ability and its morphs where you could not gain the Minor Protection from this ability if you had
    Minor Endurance active prior to entering the area.
    Turn Undead (morph): This morph is now called Turn Evil, and fears any enemy in the area upon cast, rather than only
    Undead.
    Ring of Preservation (morph): This morph no longer reduces the cost of Roll Dodge while in the area. Instead, it heals up
    to 6 friendly targets (yourself included) in the area every half second. The heal is based on our AoE HoT standards.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    What will you replace pirate skele with?

Skill. Seriously though. Blood spawn is an amazing balance of dmg through ult gen, sustain, and resistance.
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit* wrong thread
    Edited by Neoauspex on July 16, 2019 6:08PM
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another suggestion for empowering sweeps. major fracture or something. DK, Warden, NB, and Necro all have a source. We just have minor fracture and breach. Although, putting it on the ultimate might be a bit weak as then it won't be applied when you hit with the ultimate. Unless it applies on that damage as well.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Empowering should grant minor berserk
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Syiccal wrote: »
    What will you replace pirate skele with?

Skill. Seriously though. Blood spawn is an amazing balance of dmg through ult gen, sustain, and resistance.

^ this, especially with the protective nerf... it’s that or one chudan/pirate skeleton...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Radiant Oppression and morphs is still too weak as an execute channel ability that is easily interrupted. Need to increase base damage and decrease the pseudo up to 500% damage increase of which is not obtained until target is far below 10% health. Basically make the ability a real execute ability, rather than a slot waste of which dropping other abilities heavily outperforms in terms of damage. The ability is not useful at all for anything rather than literal last second burst damage of which is easily countered because of delay before full impact.

In pvp scenario a player is around 20% health in the heat of battle.
    Radiant Opresssion is a flashy channel ability so you'll definitely be interrupted or targeted for kill count in the channel.
    Opponent heals themselves or gets healed and the ability did nothing but waste magicka.
    Range cut off or roll dodge channel.
    All other execute abilities are instant and hardly counterable. They do not attract attention despite being more useful.

In pve it's quite obvious the damage does not near an execute ability until the boss is below 10% at least. Most other class executes are instant cast, cost less, and deal instant damage; they have a higher threshold for execute phase. On top of this other classes can weave a lot of abilities in between unlike with radiant oppression and morphs.

Buffs and Passives
    -Templar passive is too directional such as 6% weapon damage; where's the spell damage? Too narrow in scope.
    -Pseudo passives such as duration "increase" to dawn's wrath and snare when standing in "select" restoring light abilities, of which should just be part of the ability if it's not going to cover the entire tree. It's not a class passive if it's an ability passive.
    -Templar has no source of Major Sorcery
    -Templar no mobility skill unlike all other classes; no major expedition.
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Oppression and morphs is still too weak as an execute channel ability that is easily interrupted. Need to increase base damage and decrease the pseudo up to 500% damage increase of which is not obtained until target is far below 10% health. Basically make the ability a real execute ability, rather than a slot waste of which dropping other abilities heavily outperforms in terms of damage. The ability is not useful at all for anything rather than literal last second burst damage of which is easily countered because of delay before full impact.

Radiant Opresssion is a flashy channel ability so you'll definitely be interrupted or targeted for kill count in the channel.
    Opponent heals themselves or gets healed and the ability did nothing but waste magicka.
    All other execute abilities are instant and hardly counterable. They do not attract attention despite being more useful.

In pve it's quite obvious the damage does not near an execute ability until the boss is below 10% at least. Most other class executes are instant cast, cost less, and deal instant damage; they have a higher threshold for execute phase. On top of this other classes can weave a lot of abilities in between unlike with radiant oppression and morphs.

Buffs and Passives
    -Templar passive is too directional such as 6% weapon damage; where's the spell damage? Too narrow in scope.
    -Pseudo passives such as duration "increase" to dawn's wrath and snare when standing in "select" restoring light abilities, of which should just be part of the ability if it's not going to cover the entire tree. It's not a class passive if it's an ability passive.
    -Templar has no source of Major Sorcery
    -Templar no mobility skill unlike all other classes; no major expedition.

Pretty much this ^

You're not alone...All of us Templars have been raving about the same pain points, plus others, since even before the Class Rep program began. Yet, ZOS (while making small strides at improving the class) are missing out on nearly every pain point Templars have been bringing up for years! Increased costs to already outragous skill costs to justify a barely noticable change? Huuge nerfs to damage skills that are justified by reduced cast times of .1 seconds?! C'mon...

ZOS has repeatedly proven that the templar Class is being phased out. Here are some examples:
    1. Warden Class - Introduced originally to phase out the Templar in Healing performance.
    2. Necromancer Class - Introduced as a mixture of the Templar and Warden Classes.
    3. Major Mending removed from Templar - given to Warden and DK.
    4. DPS massive nerfs into the ground in order to buff other classes to outperform.
    5. No real utility given to Templar over last 6+ patches (other than more snares!!!). Meanwhile, NB has been given Major Evasion on class skill, DK has been given Major Expedition/Mending, Sorc is just always buffed...Warden has damn near every buff in the game through class skill line access.
    6. Templar Class Skills do not synergize with Passives, and are clunky mechanics (at best). Still terrible synergy with LA/HA weaving from spammable (unlike every other class), terrible targeting systems, by far the worst mobility in game, extremely poor defensive capability (in comparison to other Classes) without slotting Tank sets - New Bubble should be good for this.
    7. Need I go on??

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Options
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Entropy will be run on my MagPlar for the Major Sorcery, I am fine with Minor Sorcery for the Templar, its alot easier to get Major Sorcery from other sources whereas Minor Sorcery seems much more rarer and if it wasnt why would anyone waste a bar on it over Major Sorcery. Now we can have high uptime of both Major and Minor Sorcery next patch and the Minor comes from passive proc which is nice.

Essentially we are going to have Major Sorcery, Minor Sorcery, Major Prophecy up next patch with 2 dots in Sun Fire and Entropy.

@FoulSnowpaw @Jabbs_Giggity

I agree with some of the other pain points but I dont think Major Sorcery is a major concern for Templar right now rather than seeing other pain points touched on.
    Edited by IronWooshu on July 19, 2019 2:20PM
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Entropy will be run on my MagPlar for the Major Sorcery, I am fine with Minor Sorcery for the Templar, its alot easier to get Major Sorcery from other sources whereas Minor Sorcery seems much more rarer and if it wasnt why would anyone waste a bar on it over Major Sorcery. Now we can have high uptime of both Major and Minor Sorcery next patch and the Minor comes from passive proc which is nice.

Essentially we are going to have Major Sorcery, Minor Sorcery, Major Prophecy up next patch with 2 dots in Sun Fire and Entropy.

@FoulSnowpaw @Jabbs_Giggity

I agree with some of the other pain points but I dont think Major Sorcery is a major concern for Templar right now rather than seeing other pain points touched on.

While Major Sorcery was a legitimate pain point for me for a long time, I do agree. However, I would like to see Major Brutality incorporated into a Class Skill. Having all of the above stated is great for Magplar, but leaves Stamplar to bite the dust...we are now further pigeon-holed into 2H next patch with Momentum getting Maj. Evasion (not complaining). I'm mostly getting tired of seeing Snares as our only utility tied to Skills and healing is garbage for Stamplar.

My two current Pain Points would be Mobility and Defense (specifically lack of synergies with passives)
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just talking about the PvE-Part....radiant destruction is worth using at ~35% with all DoTs, 25%-> 10%...5% with blockade and shards. This doesn't look bad for me, Max-Hits are usually around 100k...130k in a raid for me, which is more or less the same as executioner and more than any other execute...
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

Just talking about the PvE-Part....radiant destruction is worth using at ~35% with all DoTs, 25%-> 10%...5% with blockade and shards. This doesn't look bad for me, Max-Hits are usually around 100k...130k in a raid for me, which is more or less the same as executioner and more than any other execute...

Nop radiant oppression isn't doing enought dmg at 30% and even at 20% (20k dps at most), instead of upping dmg to 500% the base dmg of radiant oppression should be increased to do 100% more dmg.
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »

Nop radiant oppression isn't doing enought dmg at 30% and even at 20% (20k dps at most), instead of upping dmg to 500% the base dmg of radiant oppression should be increased to do 100% more dmg.

it is...if you look up some parses you'll see that it's worth replacing elemental weapon with radiant destruction at around 35%....it's doing ~10k...15k DPS there .
    below 30% it goes up to ~30k DPS
    at 20% we are at ~60k DPS
    below 10% it goes up to ~9ßk DPS and more...

Parse in spoilers...
    i don't know where you got you're numbers from and what you are using as baseline...but with some experience as Magplar-DPS in PvE you would've knwon that...
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beam is Pretty strong These days. The huge drawback in PvP is the windup Animation in which your target can heal or LOS and beam will be useless, its still useful for ranged kill stealing and is really nice against dodgeroll Spammers but yeah the windup can be really annoying and if your target has a purge bot, is a magplar or has a purify Synergy they can cleanse it off them too.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    Beam is Pretty strong These days. The huge drawback in PvP is the windup Animation in which your target can heal or LOS and beam will be useless, its still useful for ranged kill stealing and is really nice against dodgeroll Spammers but yeah the windup can be really annoying and if your target has a purge bot, is a magplar or has a purify Synergy they can cleanse it off them too.

i totally agree on this, but without that kind of counterplay this skill would fairly deserve a nerf...
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i totally agree on this, but without that kind of counterplay this skill would fairly deserve a nerf...

Technically it would still have purges as counterplay if you took away the windup but well, not many classes can run a purge reliably without gimping themselves.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it is...if you look up some parses you'll see that it's worth replacing elemental weapon with radiant destruction at around 35%....it's doing ~10k...15k DPS there .

Parse in spoilers...
    i don't know where you got you're numbers from and what you are using as baseline...but with some experience as Magplar-DPS in PvE you would've knwon that...

you didn't get it

at 30% Radiat oppression is doing barely the same dmg as puncturing sweeps (sometimes less). So this isn't an excecute skill as you don't gain any more dps using it at 30%.

the skills start to kick at 20% where it does about 30-35k per tick.

So imo the base dmg should be increased rather than increasing the % from 480 to 500.
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Parse in spoilers...

you didn't get it

at 30% Radiat oppression is doing barely the same dmg as puncturing sweeps (sometimes less). So this isn't an excecute skill as you don't gain any more dps using it at 30%.

So imo the base dmg should be increased rather than increasing the % from 480 to 500.

imagine using puncturing sweeps as a spammable on a magplar in 2019.
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Parse in spoilers...

you didn't get it

the point isn't using Puncturing sweeps or other skill.

i'm talking here about radiant oppression not doing enough dmg at 30% that's why i'm asking to increase its base dmg.

my tooltip says it does 10k over 1.8 sec that's BS as it should do 20k over 1.8 sec.

Btw i know that puncturing sweeps are BS but what should i do ? Zenimax devs don't want to buff if
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Parse in spoilers...

you didn't get it

i'm talking here about radiant oppression not doing enough dmg at 30% that's why i'm asking to increase its base dmg.

my tooltip says it does 10k over 1.8 sec that's BS as it should do 20k over 1.8 sec.

Btw i know that puncturing sweeps are BS but what should i do ? Zenimax devs don't want to buff if

elemental weapon? and sweeps is getting buffed, by lowering the costs to 2700 mag, just like every other spammable.
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Parse in spoilers...

you didn't get it

elemental weapon? and sweeps is getting buffed, by lowering the costs to 2700 mag, just like every other spammable.

Cost reduction isn't a buff if you don't issues with sustain.

Sweep is the worst spammable in the game, low dmg, low health regen so useless in pve and pvp.

i've tried playing with elemental weapon it's doing like 30% more dmg but imo i don't have to chose a generic spammable rather using my class spammable.

Stupid dev balancing as usual.
    Options
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High five to a buff for StamPlar with the new Onslaught in 5.1.2

Since Jabs is a channeled ability it should bypass a targets resistance. I cant test on the PTS as I am away for work but can anyone confirm this?
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    High five to a buff for StamPlar with the new Onslaught in 5.1.2

Since Jabs is a channeled ability it should bypass a targets resistance. I cant test on the PTS as I am away for work but can anyone confirm this?

Yes it is as jabs and flurry are direct attacks for some people, like templars. And this make kinda stupid that same wasn't done for Eclipse that still don't proc on channels.
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off here. Lemmie squash some rumors, puncturing sweeps and radiant destruction do not need a buff. Remember this is zenimax were dealing with. You might get a buff to the skills, but it's most likely not going to be the buff you want, and it will most likely include a nerf to another more important aspect of the skill.

Second, I'm sorry...but if you are clamoring for a buff to either skill you are not built offensively enough. It's ok I understand it, magplar passive mitigation blows, many new magplar and even some old magplar build defensively, trying to stack things like pirate skelly and pariah.

But its ten times more lucrative to build for extreme offense, using the skills on your bar and the skill in your gameplay to defend, not passively mitigating damage through gear sets. I have my puncturing sweeps tooltip at 5300 per tick, and 19k spell penetration on top if that. My sweeps on average hit for 2300 on a crit, not including two potential burning light procs. It hits hard as hell with a lucky four crits. Most I've seen it hit a light armored magsorc at 810 CP for 3.3k. Add in purifying light? Yeah....pop.

Oh and cant forget radiant destruction. In PvP that sucker has completely executed medium builds at 25% health in the time it takes them to dodge roll one time. Two ticks of that while not blocking or streaking and it's a wrap. No other execute scares me more than radiant destruction in outnumbered or 1v1 fights.

These skills dont need buffs, pls dont ask for them. Zeni will never give you the answer you're looking for. Just build more offensive, learn it. It's not that bad, and you will have more than enemies know what to do with.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    First off here. Lemmie squash some rumors, puncturing sweeps and radiant destruction do not need a buff. Remember this is zenimax were dealing with. You might get a buff to the skills, but it's most likely not going to be the buff you want, and it will most likely include a nerf to another more important aspect of the skill.

Second, I'm sorry...but if you are clamoring for a buff to either skill you are not built offensively enough. It's ok I understand it, magplar passive mitigation blows, many new magplar and even some old magplar build defensively, trying to stack things like pirate skelly and pariah.

But its ten times more lucrative to build for extreme offense, using the skills on your bar and the skill in your gameplay to defend, not passively mitigating damage through gear sets. I have my puncturing sweeps tooltip at 5300 per tick, and 19k spell penetration on top if that. My sweeps on average hit for 2300 on a crit, not including two potential burning light procs. It hits hard as hell with a lucky four crits. Most I've seen it hit a light armored magsorc at 810 CP for 3.3k. Add in purifying light? Yeah....pop.

Oh and cant forget radiant destruction. In PvP that sucker has completely executed medium builds at 25% health in the time it takes them to dodge roll one time. Two ticks of that while not blocking or streaking and it's a wrap. No other execute scares me more than radiant destruction in outnumbered or 1v1 fights.

These skills dont need buffs, pls dont ask for them. Zeni will never give you the answer you're looking for. Just build more offensive, learn it. It's not that bad, and you will have more than enemies know what to do with.

The problem with building so offensively is that you will get melted by a good player that can deal with burst, you cant have all that dmg and have the same defensive capabilities to avoid being melted.
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget that radiant oppression is useless against shields
    I've faced a sorc at 3k health left but with 10k shield up, radiant oppression was doing like 1K per tick.
    This might be a bug where radiant oppression doens't do dmg based on health when shield is up.
    Also radiant oppression is channeled so can be bashed, cleansed, cloaked mitigated and shielded.
    pretty useless...

For sweeps i'm talking about pve, in pvp they are not that good but not bad too.
    in pve many uses elemental weapon were they should be using sweeps as class skills should go more dmg than weapon and guild skills.
    So if elemental weapon is better than sweep that mean sweep is underperforming.
    Edited by Delparis on July 23, 2019 3:11PM
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've faced a sorc at 3k health left but with 10k shield up, radiant oppression was doing like 1K per tick.
    This might be a bug where radiant oppression doens't do dmg based on health when shield is up.
    Also radiant oppression is channeled so can be bashed, cleansed, cloaked mitigated and shielded.
    pretty useless...

For sweeps i'm talking about pve, in pvp they are not that good but not bad too.
    in pve many uses elemental weapon were they should be using sweeps as class skills should go more dmg than weapon and guild skills.

I've noticed the Radiant Destruction thing vs shields as well. Anybody know if it's doing the same thing on PTS?
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

pretty useless...

I've noticed the Radiant Destruction thing vs shields as well. Anybody know if it's doing the same thing on PTS?

I didn't test that on PTS but on live that bug is definitely there
    Options