The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can somebody tells me why Vampire's bane didn't get any buff ?
    Didn't they say they are increasing single target dots ? so why didn't they buffed it ?
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    Can somebody tells me why Vampire's bane didn't get any buff ?
    Didn't they say they are increasing single target dots ? so why didn't they buffed it ?

They did buff it?
    . Sun Fire:
    Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs to 2376 from 2700.

Increased the DoT damage by approximately 17% per tick, but reduced initial hit damage by approximately 17%.

17% buff to the dot of the skill and it's morphs?
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else wonder why the change to empowering sweep from elsweyr is still in the game?

The amount of extra damage you can get is not even that good in add pulls, and against a boss it is nonexistent. Empower makes no sense for the physical morph and there are other ways to get empower anyway. The point of major protection was to give the radiant spear a defensive morph which was actually very useful. If you wanted extra damage crescent sweep was better. Having the option to choose an offensive or defensive ultimate was good. Not to mention, this was a great ultimate for Templar tanks, especially since the class has no % of Health based heal. Using the major protection added quite a lot of survivability to the Templar tank. Also major protection from remembrance is not a good substitute for empowering sweep because it cost an ult and a half more to get and you get less up time on the protection, not to mention you have to stop the channel to actually block. The problem with the stamplar dps was not the ultimate. The new morph does not provide any noticeable damage increase and is just useless with empower now. Please just revert the change made to empowering sweep and give templars back their major protection, one of their few redeeming qualities for tanks and stamplars.

What's the argument for radiant ward not being viable for tanking pve trials? I tanked axes in vet Aa (before sustain nerfs in morrowind) and that wad before the resistance applying to shields.

At 40k hp spamming that shield is better mitigation than SOME of the other class heals. Although blocking under a shield doesn't force the damage to be mitigated by block while the shield persists, it will still mitigate the damage that gets though the shield while you hold block.
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on July 11, 2019 8:39PM
    Options
  • Stealth4665
    Stealth4665
    Soul Shriven
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Anyone else wonder why the change to empowering sweep from elsweyr is still in the game?

The amount of extra damage you can get is not even that good in add pulls, and against a boss it is nonexistent. Empower makes no sense for the physical morph and there are other ways to get empower anyway. The point of major protection was to give the radiant spear a defensive morph which was actually very useful. If you wanted extra damage crescent sweep was better. Having the option to choose an offensive or defensive ultimate was good. Not to mention, this was a great ultimate for Templar tanks, especially since the class has no % of Health based heal. Using the major protection added quite a lot of survivability to the Templar tank. Also major protection from remembrance is not a good substitute for empowering sweep because it cost an ult and a half more to get and you get less up time on the protection, not to mention you have to stop the channel to actually block. The problem with the stamplar dps was not the ultimate. The new morph does not provide any noticeable damage increase and is just useless with empower now. Please just revert the change made to empowering sweep and give templars back their major protection, one of their few redeeming qualities for tanks and stamplars.

What's the argument for radiant ward not being viable for tanking pve trials? I tanked axes in vet Aa (before sustain nerfs in morrowind) and that wad before the resistance applying to shields.

At 40k hp spamming that shield is better mitigation than SOME of the other class heals. Although blocking under a shield doesn't force the damage to be mitigated by block while the shield persists, it will still mitigate the damage that gets though the shield while you hold block.

Never said it was not viable, sun shield is an amazing ability. That was one of their redeeming qualities as a tank, a very strong self shield. And I would prefer a strong shied over a self heal to be honest. That makes templar tanks unique. I was just saying that the old empowering sweep was a very good tool as well for templar tanks.

I guess my question is why empower? Have you noticed any good increase in your damage since the change, specifically against a boss with no adds? Getting rid of a ult that increased sustain for tanks and the dps was not worth empower in my opinion. Not to mention, the fact that even the developers said we might have to use more defensive ultimates instead of just offensive ones, it just seems a little odd to get rid of a defensive morph.
    Edited by Stealth4665 on July 12, 2019 1:35AM
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eclipse changes are nice.
    I gave fast analyze of skill in pts thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6204271/#Comment_6204271

Overall zos addressed main pain points and implemented our suggestions for this skill. No wonder all whiners decided to target it with their tears hoping it still wont be usefull skill.
    1. Eclipse was pseudo-CC mechanic that didn't worked perfectly since Morrowind nerfs and thus zos removed this *** pseudo-CC and turned it into DoT-type.
    2. Total Dark couldn't work as defensive skill ever since it no longer became reflect ability so following our suggestions it turned into self-buff.
    3. Unstable Core was weakest morph ever skill existed, but now it can have actual play because for this type of CC there is no other choice.
    4. Eclipse lost its group utility ever since it stopped being reflect and in addition was applying CC effect it was actually benefitting enemy. In group play casting this skill was causing serious negative impact on possibility to focus down target or prevented allies from casting their far more superior CCs. Now however LD morph apply root that is always valuable and UC CCs wont have negative impact on group play, while actually punishing enemy who is focusing your allies. It mechanic of being DoT that deal damage only when target is attacking is overall nice.
    5. Templar was lacking of basic roots or unblockable hard stun, but it finally got addressed now in both morphs.
    6. Living Dark will help as being proactive defense to have higher offensive window, and hopefully stam sustain will stop being core defensive mechanic for pvp templars.
    7. New iteration of Unstable core have own problems but it no longer have this long-lasting problem that existed since CWC update where magnetic bomb dps was seriously decreased by Enduring Rays passive.
    8. On paper Living Dark might look OP but if looking it in overall balance of overbuffed heals - it actually balanced because templar strength of having burst heal is no longer a strength because HoT were buffed hardly, making templar class healing capability less effective. (Honor is uncomparable worse then Vigor now).
    9. On paper Unstable Core might look OP but for cost of skill and how CC effects works and in compare to old eclipse capabilities - there is nothing super overperforming.

Cleansing Ritual - I personally dislike that RoR still apply DoT, will bring more problems in future.
    Healing part of it buffed healing twice but in overall balance healing output wont change because of Purifying Light nerf that in the end will equalize total healing done when used both of those skill to what it is currently. It will just make healing more reliable as radius of Ritual is bigger than PL in account of it being static.

Spear Wall duration is now equal to duration of tanking skill of this line - Sun Shield and in compare to Sacred Ground it has 2sec longer duration in exchange of not having additional effect, so I guess it no longer a pain point.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I gave fast analyze of skill in pts thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6204271/#Comment_6204271

Overall zos addressed main pain points and implemented our suggestions for this skill. No wonder all whiners decided to target it with their tears hoping it still wont be usefull skill.
    1. Eclipse was pseudo-CC mechanic that didn't worked perfectly since Morrowind nerfs and thus zos removed this *** pseudo-CC and turned it into DoT-type.
    2. Total Dark couldn't work as defensive skill ever since it no longer became reflect ability so following our suggestions it turned into self-buff.
    3. Unstable Core was weakest morph ever skill existed, but now it can have actual play because for this type of CC there is no other choice.
    4. Eclipse lost its group utility ever since it stopped being reflect and in addition was applying CC effect it was actually benefitting enemy. In group play casting this skill was causing serious negative impact on possibility to focus down target or prevented allies from casting their far more superior CCs. Now however LD morph apply root that is always valuable and UC CCs wont have negative impact on group play, while actually punishing enemy who is focusing your allies. It mechanic of being DoT that deal damage only when target is attacking is overall nice.
    5. Templar was lacking of basic roots or unblockable hard stun, but it finally got addressed now in both morphs.
    6. Living Dark will help as being proactive defense to have higher offensive window, and hopefully stam sustain will stop being core defensive mechanic for pvp templars.
    7. New iteration of Unstable core have own problems but it no longer have this long-lasting problem that existed since CWC update where magnetic bomb dps was seriously decreased by Enduring Rays passive.
    8. On paper Living Dark might look OP but if looking it in overall balance of overbuffed heals - it actually balanced because templar strength of having burst heal is no longer a strength because HoT were buffed hardly, making templar class healing capability less effective. (Honor is uncomparable worse then Vigor now).
    9. On paper Unstable Core might look OP but for cost of skill and how CC effects works and in compare to old eclipse capabilities - there is nothing super overperforming.

Cleansing Ritual - I personally dislike that RoR still apply DoT, will bring more problems in future.
    Healing part of it buffed healing twice but in overall balance healing output wont change because of Purifying Light nerf that in the end will equalize total healing done when used both of those skill to what it is currently. It will just make healing more reliable as radius of Ritual is bigger than PL in account of it being static.

Spear Wall duration is now equal to duration of tanking skill of this line - Sun Shield and in compare to Sacred Ground it has 2sec longer duration in exchange of not having additional effect, so I guess it no longer a pain point.

Agreed. Thank you for this comment and test since I'm away on vacation and have to base my feedback on watching pts duels.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Agreed. Thank you for this comment and test since I'm away on vacation and have to base my feedback on watching pts duels.

Who do you watch? I haven't watched a lot of ESO streams and don't really know who's worth checking out for competitive gameplay, specifically Templar.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

Who do you watch? I haven't watched a lot of ESO streams and don't really know who's worth checking out for competitive gameplay, specifically Templar.

Diplonicus is the only magplar streamer and on EU. He spent a long time duelling on like Friday.
    That's why I'm generally combative against Templar nerfs because everyone is a Sorc/NB/DK lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unstable Core is going to get the Rune Cage Treatment and made useless in 5.2. It is going to a lot of fun while it lasts, just like Rune Cage was.

Just saying. We can argue it is not OP as much as we want, but the forum whines about this skill will be epic.

Edited by katorga on July 12, 2019 3:45PM
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cinbri I don't know if you already noticed that since Unstable core have a 1 sec gcd for every direct dmg attack, in pvp situation you can expect to be hitten with LA anime cancelling and a skill after (direct dmg attack skill). So 2 direct dmg but only one effect proc.
    imo the 1 sec gcd should be removed what do you think?
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Cinbri I don't know if you already noticed that since Unstable core have a 1 sec gcd for every direct dmg attack, in pvp situation you can expect to be hitten with LA anime cancelling and a skill after (direct dmg attack skill). So 2 direct dmg but only one effect proc.

I accounted it in linked pts thread. Against dots builds core proc not even 1 sec but per 2sec, skill damage lowered literally twice but morph pushed into category of finally being a proper CC-DoT skill. And thus damage loss is for my opinion is totally validated for its reformed group utility and actual CC capabilities and standardized DoT ticks frequency of 1-2sec. It stun will actually apply unblockable stun, its Root is strong and we finally got this form of cc for templars, but it not as cancerous as charged ice staff because like Chillled effect it cant refresh itself nonstop. It damage at this point is just nice addition that keep this skill in its theme of punishing aggressive enemies. Problem with morph is that it horribly bugged on sphere activation and its CC effects don't have visual effects and thus it will be weird and annoying for players to be CCed without knowing wtf is going on.
    Main cooldown problem is going for Living Dark, there is just too many stuff that has to be accounted within its mechanic and even small but wrong tweaks will kill morph. With incoming meta enemy can easily hit you like 6 times with it procs within 1sec cooldown while having Vigor that will heal even by far more. It is proactive defense but into category of HoT and thus Defile debuff can shred its effectiveness into nothing. Even in CP vs noCP strength of this morph will value so hard - on CP templar survivability completely covered by healing stars but in noCP its not and is main pain point of any noCP pvp templar. And this balance dualism will exist till zos address CP system and game to either follow one set of rules.
    But people don't want to see on changes in full overview - just crying "wow I have 6k tooltip, so OP" and ofcourse wont mention how much boost to survivability they will get by using new Vigor or Rapid Regen. Building feedback on impression instead of actual data...
    Edited by Cinbri on July 13, 2019 11:52AM
    Options
  • rsantijw13
    rsantijw13
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    rsantijw13 wrote: »
    How about fixing that guild banking problem? I shouldnt have to choose between playing the game or being able to help someone out because the guild banking system has been broke since day 1. How do I know that? I have been here since day 1. I can average 2+ hours or more with the guild banking system the way it is currently. Thats about 2000 items moved. seriously should it take 2+ hours to move items?

I think your in the wrong thread pal. Unless Templars are having some specific Guild Bank issues I'm unaware of.

oh no I am in the right thread. this is a thread that has an employee of ZoS heading it up. I am just tired of being ignored on this. So I am going to post to as many threads as I can until they answer, and this says combat and character mechanics. In my opinion being able to use the guild bank with out a ingame bandaid over a bug a hinderance to one of my characters mechanics.
    Options
  • sindalstar
    sindalstar
    ✭✭✭
    rsantijw13 wrote: »

oh no I am in the right thread. this is a thread that has an employee of ZoS heading it up. I am just tired of being ignored on this. So I am going to post to as many threads as I can until they answer, and this says combat and character mechanics. In my opinion being able to use the guild bank with out a ingame bandaid over a bug a hinderance to one of my characters mechanics.

Your gonna get royally ignored though...
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I accounted it in linked pts thread. Against dots builds core proc not even 1 sec but per 2sec, skill damage lowered literally twice but morph pushed into category of finally being a proper CC-DoT skill. And thus damage loss is for my opinion is totally validated for its reformed group utility and actual CC capabilities and standardized DoT ticks frequency of 1-2sec. It stun will actually apply unblockable stun, its Root is strong and we finally got this form of cc for templars, but it not as cancerous as charged ice staff because like Chillled effect it cant refresh itself nonstop. It damage at this point is just nice addition that keep this skill in its theme of punishing aggressive enemies. Problem with morph is that it horribly bugged on sphere activation and its CC effects don't have visual effects and thus it will be weird and annoying for players to be CCed without knowing wtf is going on.
    Main cooldown problem is going for Living Dark, there is just too many stuff that has to be accounted within its mechanic and even small but wrong tweaks will kill morph. With incoming meta enemy can easily hit you like 6 times with it procs within 1sec cooldown while having Vigor that will heal even by far more. It is proactive defense but into category of HoT and thus Defile debuff can shred its effectiveness into nothing. Even in CP vs noCP strength of this morph will value so hard - on CP templar survivability completely covered by healing stars but in noCP its not and is main pain point of any noCP pvp templar. And this balance dualism will exist till zos address CP system and game to either follow one set of rules.
    But people don't want to see on changes in full overview - just crying "wow I have 6k tooltip, so OP" and ofcourse wont mention how much boost to survivability they will get by using new Vigor or Rapid Regen. Building feedback on impression instead of actual data...

Totally agree.

Also templar can't heal theirselves with HTD or BOLwhen casting it in pvp. their are always a target in front of them taking the heal. and in group surrounded situation that heal is completely useless to heal theirselves as it can't proc at all.

Strange mechanic and weird that Zenimax devs didn't adress this issue till now
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In all fairness, the new living dark when paired with the new rapid regen, provides some pretty silly self heals, like stam dk levels.
    I think your suggestion of having a 1sec cooldown on it per person would be much better, than the current pts impementation.
    In hindsight though, people call out eclipse for being too strong, meanwhile you can already build magblades with stacking damage reduction modifiers and self heals to be damn near indestructible. And thats just one example..
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Living dark only root players so this isn't a hard cc.
    Adding 1 sec cooldown is useless and meaningless as you get hit by LA-Skill-Bash under 0.5 sec.
    so under 1 sec you can be hitten by 2 LA, 2 Skills and 2 bashs for only a root ? this skill is useless
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um. No in 1 light attack skill bash combo you will most deff be getting a heal hit. It doesn't need to proc every cooldown to be awesome. Even 1 hit second is the equivalent of one honor the dead cast every 2 seconds. While on ur offense bar dealing damage. That's a *** ton of passive mitigation. Will allow the complete drop of all sustain and defense in a magplar build. Its *** how strong living dark is.

I'm not happy about only because of how strong magplar Is gonna be and how many horrible flavor of the month players are going to be playing it. I enjoy being one in three mag DD EP magplars XD
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Um. No in 1 light attack skill bash combo you will most deff be getting a heal hit. It doesn't need to proc every cooldown to be awesome. Even 1 hit second is the equivalent of one honor the dead cast every 2 seconds. While on ur offense bar dealing damage. That's a *** ton of passive mitigation. Will allow the complete drop of all sustain and defense in a magplar build. Its *** how strong living dark is.

I'm not happy about only because of how strong magplar Is gonna be and how many horrible flavor of the month players are going to be playing it. I enjoy being one in three mag DD EP magplars XD

I fear the nerfs in the end. I remember when we got RD. Things went downhill really fast for damage templars and every counter argument, wrong or right was "you have the best heals in game and jesus beam"

I actually feel like magplar as far as mag classes go are in a decent spot when compared to anything other than magsorc. Start including stambois and it's a little different story so I think I'd be more concerned about them all getting major evasion or speed added and blasting through this with AOEs while templar doesnt have access to evasion themselves less they run a stam weapon, and templar still lacks a maim or something more useful in a general sense. Rather than something simple, they are doubling the heal on ER/RR, and adding a CC that does even more healing. We're getting lopsided again
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No way, people will keep playing nighblade and sorc in pvp, they are the best classes atm so even with living dark the buff to vigor and evasion will make people plays stamina classes.

Magplar is really weak compared to stamina as they always have the run light armor to deal enough dmg. Compared to stamina running most of the time medium and heavy build.
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No way, people will keep playing nighblade and sorc in pvp, they are the best classes atm so even with living dark the buff to vigor and evasion will make people plays stamina classes.

Magplar is really weak compared to stamina as they always have the run light armor to deal enough dmg. Compared to stamina running most of the time medium and heavy build.

Magplar is pretty much on par with stamplar in terms of brawling potential.
    Stamplar has the legup in mobility, but thats just beacuse its stam based.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hm, can anyone tell me why @Minno is banned?
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh, my. What the heck? What is this company coming to?
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

are they banning all templar defenders or what ?

@Cinbri be careful to not get banned lol
    Edited by Delparis on July 15, 2019 8:05AM
    Options
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    your current top two pain points with the Templar.

As a stamplar;
    • no viable ultimate to do damages (I mean, who is using empowering sweep ? This ultimate needs to be improved)
    • Sustain.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <Totally using empowering sweeps. Chance to proc burning light which puts initial hit close to DBOS.
    360 degree radius.
    DOT not purged
    Cheap.

Should try it. I was surprised how well it worked. Often I think it's because people dont know what it is where DBOS makes the distinct sound even if cancelled and they heal and purge right away.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh! Didn't see anything going on myself but hopefully just a timeout for getting into it with snowflakes. I've had 1 or 2 of those.
    Options
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    <Totally using empowering sweeps. Chance to proc burning light which puts initial hit close to DBOS.
    360 degree radius.
    DOT not purged
    Cheap.

Should try it. I was surprised how well it worked. Often I think it's because people dont know what it is where DBOS makes the distinct sound even if cancelled and they heal and purge right away.

I prefere dawnbreaker in pvp:
    more damages
    + the passive against vamp/ww
    + the passive about more damages when using it in skillbar
    + control crowd
    + AOE
    + main hit + dots

I already tested empowering sweeps, and there's no reason why I should use it instead dawnbreaker in pvp.
    Edited by Xarc on July 15, 2019 10:56AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
    Options
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about to change the Passive "Illuminate" to give also Minor Brutality?
    Options
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the cc we got is a single target ? So if multiple enemies are hitting you while
    You put up the aura still only one will get immobilized ?

Welp then we still don’t have a proper immobile ability on multiple targets

So no immobilize and no heal based on max health ..

My Templar tank (main) is getting put on the shelf for a while I’m tired of this

The new turn evil skill will be good for Templar Tanks.
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What will you replace pirate skele with?
    Options