[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    I usually play in BG but I spent the weekend in cyrodiil. I like that my character is much more mobile there but what was killing me was getting the opponent down to near death range and they either elusive mist away + heal, or they just straight up "lol"-healed all the way up. I don't use poisons but it made me wish I had something other than Vampires Bane to hurt their healing with. Please, ZOS, add major defile to Solar Barrage. Empower is pointless.

It would be completely broken with defile in pvp. It maybe if it was only on initial or final pulse.

This would be interesting. Defile on the initial pulse instead of Empower throughout would be much more in line with the Templar's toolkit. Too many other classes have been given "easy" heals to outheal through literally any DPS.

Yup, remove the garbage current Dark flare and replace it with Dark Barrage....does roughly the same damage as barrage but inflicts minor defile for 6 secs...personally think major defile would be too much.

Why would Major Defile be too much? Just curious...
    It's not as if Templars have any game altering abilities in their toolkit.
    We have access to Snares, and snares...and snares...Hey! Didn't ZOS do an "Audit" on class skills for redundancy? We do not have access to the following Debuffs: Root, Immobilize, Major Fracture/Breach (Minor on both from the Stamina version only of Backlash - weird...), Vulnerability, Maim, Mangle, Protection..am I missing any?

Majority of these are spread out over other classes, some of them multiple classes have access to.

We have access to protection and major maim too. We now have easy access to off balance.
    Maim is through Ult, Major Protection through Ult and Minor Protection through Spearwall Passive - which is still unclear as it states "While Aedric Spear Ability is Slotted, gain Minor Protection for 1.5/3 seconds" ummm okay?
    I agree Potl should lose minor breach and it should be moved to purifying light.
    Mangle afaik no classes have access to.
    Was just referencing for Debuff's sake
    Root and immobilise are the same, dont put them in 2 diff category, plenty og ways to get those outside of the class.
    False. Root can still use abilities, such as Block, Healing, Damaging, Ults. The only thing Root denies is movement. Immobilize completely shuts down your ability bar, movement and ability to block. These ARE two different categories.

We dont need every buff/debuff known to man on templar, period.
    Never said we did. We just lack access to useful Debuffs/Buffs that other classes have been given to better their identity/playstyle, where originally they did not have.
    No fracture/breach sucks but many classes dont have easy access to savagery/prophecy without using pots.
    DK has both.

What? I think you are mistaking stuns for immobolise..
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Immobilize

Major protection is pretty much only on ults/sets, minor is a bit more common, only dk/sorc dont have in class access to it.
    I agree spearwall could last a bit longer.
    I dunno if you played a nb or warden before, but ask them how fun it is to spend half your skill rotation on just buffs.
    I like that on my templar i dont have to waste extra gcd on my crit buff, or for example minor sorcery. Same for protection, you just get it for using offensive abilities.
    Fracture/Breach would be nice, but on what skill?
    You cant replace empower on solar barrage as it would hurt magplar pve dps.
    Jabs already has a unique effect for both morphs.
    Id rather keep minor fracture on potl as a unique debuff.

See, still learning new *** after all these years...
    I have played warden and it sucks!!
    Jabs could have the buff moved to first strike. And sunfire is required to hit to get buff, should be on activation.
    I never said Templar should have major fracture/breach. I am okay with minor, but breach should be on magicka morph.
    Empower on barrage is useless for Templar unless using staff - would like to see the LA/HA mechanic scale on max stat so we can use DW effectively.

I personally would like major fracture on PoTL
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    I usually play in BG but I spent the weekend in cyrodiil. I like that my character is much more mobile there but what was killing me was getting the opponent down to near death range and they either elusive mist away + heal, or they just straight up "lol"-healed all the way up. I don't use poisons but it made me wish I had something other than Vampires Bane to hurt their healing with. Please, ZOS, add major defile to Solar Barrage. Empower is pointless.

It would be completely broken with defile in pvp. It maybe if it was only on initial or final pulse.

This would be interesting. Defile on the initial pulse instead of Empower throughout would be much more in line with the Templar's toolkit. Too many other classes have been given "easy" heals to outheal through literally any DPS.

Yup, remove the garbage current Dark flare and replace it with Dark Barrage....does roughly the same damage as barrage but inflicts minor defile for 6 secs...personally think major defile would be too much.

We have access to Snares, and snares...and snares...Hey! Didn't ZOS do an "Audit" on class skills for redundancy? We do not have access to the following Debuffs: Root, Immobilize, Major Fracture/Breach (Minor on both from the Stamina version only of Backlash - weird...), Vulnerability, Maim, Mangle, Protection..am I missing any?

Majority of these are spread out over other classes, some of them multiple classes have access to.

We have access to protection and major maim too. We now have easy access to off balance.
    Maim is through Ult, Major Protection through Ult and Minor Protection through Spearwall Passive - which is still unclear as it states "While Aedric Spear Ability is Slotted, gain Minor Protection for 1.5/3 seconds" ummm okay?
    I agree Potl should lose minor breach and it should be moved to purifying light.
    Root and immobilise are the same, dont put them in 2 diff category, plenty og ways to get those outside of the class.
    False. Root can still use abilities, such as Block, Healing, Damaging, Ults. The only thing Root denies is movement. Immobilize completely shuts down your ability bar, movement and ability to block. These ARE two different categories.

Never said we did. We just lack access to useful Debuffs/Buffs that other classes have been given to better their identity/playstyle, where originally they did not have.
    No fracture/breach sucks but many classes dont have easy access to savagery/prophecy without using pots.
    DK has both.

Major protection is pretty much only on ults/sets, minor is a bit more common, only dk/sorc dont have in class access to it.
    I dunno if you played a nb or warden before, but ask them how fun it is to spend half your skill rotation on just buffs.
    I like that on my templar i dont have to waste extra gcd on my crit buff, or for example minor sorcery. Same for protection, you just get it for using offensive abilities.

Jabs could have the buff moved to first strike. And sunfire is required to hit to get buff, should be on activation.
    I never said Templar should have major fracture/breach. I am okay with minor, but breach should be on magicka morph.
    Empower on barrage is useless for Templar unless using staff - would like to see the LA/HA mechanic scale on max stat so we can use DW effectively.

better have Minor Fracture and Minor Breach

@Checkmath if you're still here, what do you think?
    Options
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The HoT on the Magicka morph is extremely valuable in small scale (1-3) pvp. A persistent HoT extends the duration of the Templar’s offensive window.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The HoT on the Magicka morph is extremely valuable in small scale (1-3) pvp. A persistent HoT extends the duration of the Templar’s offensive window.

I love it and so do my teammates. Mine can crit heal for 3.3k. It's an underestimated heal for sure.
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on June 30, 2019 7:03PM
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »

DK has both.

Rumor has it he is not here anymore.
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I love it and so do my teammates. Mine can crit heal for 3.3k. It's an underestimated heal for sure.

If the radius wasnt so pitifully small :/
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DK has both.

This morph could have major fracture, while minor fracture and breech could be a baseline effect.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on June 30, 2019 9:53PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

DK has both.

oh wow, yeah, it says "banned" in his profile. whats up with with that? always seemed like a good part of the community.
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the rumor was true then.
    Cant say more than that lest id be banned myself.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good on him, I'm sure he was fighting the good fight.
    Options
  • Mitaka211
    Mitaka211
    ✭✭✭✭
    A real shame, he seemed to really fight for templars.

Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the last templar is down, RIP templars
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cinbri

please apply as templar rep
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cinbri

He isn't. Here's stated in the past that the program is a waste of time.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    @Cinbri

That's really bad because he seems (with checkmath) to understand the class better than those Business Analysts (BA) who write those change class specs for devs.
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they may have finally addressed eclipse...
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they could address this bug. I try to avoid fighting on stairs because sometimes elevation changes cause jabs to not land. Finally got an NPC to do it so I could get a capture @Joy_Division @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

https://youtu.be/WZfy7oXxCWY
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    @Cinbri

That's really bad because he seems (with checkmath) to understand the class better than those Business Analysts (BA) who write those change class specs for devs.

He does more as an outsider. If he was arep, he's have an issue showing Templar bugs because he might let an NDA change slip. I'd rather he push Templar bugs into the open than become a corporate lapdog.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw did you got a look into the upcoming nerf for templar with that leaked *** change notes ?
    • Spear Shards:
      Decreased cost of this ability and its morphs to 3024 from 3240.
      Decreased the DoT damage of Spear Shards and Luminous by approximately 37% per tick, and Blazing Spear by approximately 42% per tick.
    • Cleansing Ritual:
      Increased the healing per tick of this ability and its morphs by approximately 95%.
      Increased the cost of these abilities to 4860 from 4320.
      Note these abilities continue to only tick once every 2 seconds, instead of the standard 1 second. This is due to the multi-faceted operational power this ability boasts.
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    btw did you got a look into the upcoming nerf for templar with that leaked *** change notes ?
    • Spear Shards:
      Decreased the DoT damage of Spear Shards and Luminous by approximately 37% per tick, and Blazing Spear by approximately 42% per tick.
    • Cleansing Ritual:
      Increased the healing per tick of this ability and its morphs by approximately 95%.
      Note these abilities continue to only tick once every 2 seconds, instead of the standard 1 second. This is due to the multi-faceted operational power this ability boasts.

no need to worry about them being real or not, they are-

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/483597/pts-patch-notes-v5-1-0
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Spear Shards:
    • Cleansing Ritual:

All AoE-DoTs get nerfed, so no reason to freak out. Vamps bane gets buffed, aswell as some other ST-Dots from other skillines.
    Noobplar
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spear nerfs are substantial for DOTs. I dont feel ER is really a nerf when its healing is getting buffed. It seems judging by the purge ability also getting increases cost along with ER and ER getting a healing boost, they just want less spamming away DOTs. ER will be a decent HOT now.
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    • Eclipse: Reworked this ability and its morphs so you will now envelop your target in a sphere of darkness for 4 seconds, which harms them anytime they use a Direct Damage attack.
      Their first attack causes the sphere to hinder them, reducing their Movement Speed by 30% for 4 seconds.
      Their second attack causes the sphere to entangle them, immobilizing them for 3 seconds.
      Their third attack causes the sphere to smother them, stunning them for 3 seconds.
      These effect can only occur once every second.
      Note that the sphere can no longer be CC broken early, but can still be cleansed.
    • Total Dark (morph):
      Renamed this morph to Living Dark.
      You now envelop yourself in darkness for 4 seconds, which protects you. Anytime an enemy hits you with a Direct Damage attack, they are immobilized for 3 seconds and you are healed.
      This heal value has been decreased by approximately 25% compared to the original value, but can now occur every half second rather than every .75 seconds.
    • Unstable Core (morph): Each time the sphere activates on the attacker, they will take damage. This damage increases based on the stage the sphere is currently in.

Eclipse: Does this apply an immunity at the end of 4 sec ?
    Living Dark: how much heal does it give ? if less than LA dmg this skill is useless
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decent changes to Templar.... but then they gave 2h skill line Aoe protection... now jabs/sweeps are gonna hit weaker against all stam classes... great...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    • Eclipse: Reworked this ability and its morphs so you will now envelop your target in a sphere of darkness for 4 seconds, which harms them anytime they use a Direct Damage attack.
      Their first attack causes the sphere to hinder them, reducing their Movement Speed by 30% for 4 seconds.
      Their second attack causes the sphere to entangle them, immobilizing them for 3 seconds.
      Their third attack causes the sphere to smother them, stunning them for 3 seconds.
      These effect can only occur once every second.
      Note that the sphere can no longer be CC broken early, but can still be cleansed.
    • Total Dark (morph):
      You now envelop yourself in darkness for 4 seconds, which protects you. Anytime an enemy hits you with a Direct Damage attack, they are immobilized for 3 seconds and you are healed.
      This heal value has been decreased by approximately 25% compared to the original value, but can now occur every half second rather than every .75 seconds.
    • Unstable Core (morph): Each time the sphere activates on the attacker, they will take damage. This damage increases based on the stage the sphere is currently in.

Eclipse: Does this apply an immunity at the end of 4 sec ?
    Living Dark: how much heal does it give ? if less than LA dmg this skill is useless

Living dark seems intriguing. An off gcd immobilize can be a big change. The heal is currently about 4k right? So a 3k hot after three 25% nerf that can apply twice per second that your enemy can't remove and that grants an off gcd immobilize on being hit for 4 seconds. Even at 2k per heal it's going to be effective for open world. My guess is it does no damage though right?

Lol they just buffed blazing spear to reduce it immediately.

Every stam character with major evasion isn't much of a change. They pretty much do already.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decent changes to Templar.... but then they gave 2h skill line Aoe protection... now jabs/sweeps are gonna hit weaker against all stam classes... great...

Yeah this is garbage. The new rally in general sounds like crap. Although now I can have major evasion in heavy again on my stamplar lol.

Im curious about ravager. Its a really weird change and my initial reaction is to be like they ruined it entirely. Currently using NMG and ravager so i know that proc plus PotL will give a stack. Im wondering if things like mauls do as well.

Decent chnages to magplar maybe. Stamplar not so much.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 7, 2019 3:17PM
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DK has both.

Sadly I assume theyre the ones being targeted by the legal team? Or at least one of the people.
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Yeah this is garbage. The new rally in general sounds like crap. Although now I can have major evasion in heavy again on my stamplar lol.

Im curious about ravager. Its a really weird change and my initial reaction is to be like they ruined it entirely. Currently using NMG and ravager so i know that proc plus PotL will give a stack. Im wondering if things like mauls do as well.

To procc it consistently you should try twice fanged snake (from sanctum ophidia) i guess. ^^
    Noobplar
    Options
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Total Dark (morph):

Ok so I’ve been “whining” about a cc immobilize for a while for Templar’s ...

So my question is this

Will this be for any enemy hitting me or just one?

If it’s only one enemy id rather them change this as a point blank aoe that immobilizes all enemies around me and heals me every time they do damage towards me

Zos we still need a heal based on our max health...
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »

To procc it consistently you should try twice fanged snake (from sanctum ophidia) i guess. ^^

True, that actually might be an okay replacement for NMG. The issue would be getting TFS to unstack so you can then have ravager re proc once it runs out.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 7, 2019 5:30PM
    Options