Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

[Class Rep] Templar Feedback Thread

• Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Looks like they may have finally addressed eclipse...
    • Eclipse: Reworked this ability and its morphs so you will now envelop your target in a sphere of darkness for 4 seconds, which harms them anytime they use a Direct Damage attack.
      Their first attack causes the sphere to hinder them, reducing their Movement Speed by 30% for 4 seconds.
      Their second attack causes the sphere to entangle them, immobilizing them for 3 seconds.
      Their third attack causes the sphere to smother them, stunning them for 3 seconds.
      These effect can only occur once every second.
      Note that the sphere can no longer be CC broken early, but can still be cleansed.
    • Total Dark (morph):
      Renamed this morph to Living Dark.
      You now envelop yourself in darkness for 4 seconds, which protects you. Anytime an enemy hits you with a Direct Damage attack, they are immobilized for 3 seconds and you are healed.
      This heal value has been decreased by approximately 25% compared to the original value, but can now occur every half second rather than every .75 seconds.
    • Unstable Core (morph): Each time the sphere activates on the attacker, they will take damage. This damage increases based on the stage the sphere is currently in.

Eclipse: Does this apply an immunity at the end of 4 sec ?
    Living Dark: how much heal does it give ? if less than LA dmg this skill is useless

No cc immunity from the skill unless they use 3 attacks and actual stun themselves. The healing one can tick every half second so it would still be useful even if it's half the damage of a light attack
    Options
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭
    Magplar seems relatively untouched compared to most classes, especially for PvP. The Blazing Spear and Solar Barrage nerf kind of suck, especially for PvE, but they're not killers to most magplar playstyles.

What I *am* concerned about though is that every one and their mother in stam builds is going to have Major Evasion. This reduces the impact of our class spammable by 30%. Do we have a class rep left that can bring this to ZoS attention? I mean, if they had anyone that was half-competent they would see this consequence from a mile away, but that's obviously not the case.

Puncturing Sweep either needs a modest buff in damage or a rework away from being an "AoE" skill, which it really shouldn't be, anyway. Otherwise, our class defining skill just got nuked for no readily apparent reason.
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar seems relatively untouched compared to most classes, especially for PvP. The Blazing Spear and Solar Barrage nerf kind of suck, especially for PvE, but they're not killers to most magplar playstyles.

What I *am* concerned about though is that every one and their mother in stam builds is going to have Major Evasion. This reduces the impact of our class spammable by 30%. Do we have a class rep left that can bring this to ZoS attention? I mean, if they had anyone that was half-competent they would see this consequence from a mile away, but that's obviously not the case.

Puncturing Sweep either needs a modest buff in damage or a rework away from being an "AoE" skill, which it really shouldn't be, anyway. Otherwise, our class defining skill just got nuked for no readily apparent reason.

It definitely doesn't need a buff in dmg, but it also shouldn't be the only spammable impacted like this.
    Options
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would need a buff in targeting with lag XD
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total Dark (morph):
    Renamed this morph to Living Dark.
    You now envelop yourself in darkness for 4 seconds, which protects you. Anytime an enemy hits you with a Direct Damage attack, they are immobilized for 3 seconds and you are healed.
    This heal value has been decreased by approximately 25% compared to the original value, but can now occur every half second rather than every .75 seconds.

Ok so I’ve been “whining” about a cc immobilize for a while for Templar’s ...

So my question is this

Will this be for any enemy hitting me or just one?

If it’s only one enemy id rather them change this as a point blank aoe that immobilizes all enemies around me and heals me every time they do damage towards me

Zos we still need a heal based on our max health...

if only 1 enemy this skill is BS.
    the number of enemy shound't be capped as this skill will be used in pve in trash fights.
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ppl are looking at eclipse the wrong way... from my interpretation the enemy will only be cc’d if they attack 3 times. This allows magplars to stay offensive and still be able to cc opponents when eclipse is still active as long as the enemy has not attacked 3 times ... dunno if it’s worth it tho. I’ll probably switch to explosive charge if running in tandem with eclipse...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    I think ppl are looking at eclipse the wrong way... from my interpretation the enemy will only be cc’d if they attack 3 times. This allows magplars to stay offensive and still be able to cc opponents when eclipse is still active as long as the enemy has not attacked 3 times ... dunno if it’s worth it tho. I’ll probably switch to explosive charge if running in tandem with eclipse...

The problem is the enemy causes the stun, not you. So u can't reliably plan a stun, which is dumb. But it is off gcd.
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

The problem is the enemy causes the stun, not you. So u can't reliably plan a stun, which is dumb. But it is off gcd.

Ill just go with Living Dark most likely.
    Options
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the cc we got is a single target ? So if multiple enemies are hitting you while
    You put up the aura still only one will get immobilized ?

Welp then we still don’t have a proper immobile ability on multiple targets

So no immobilize and no heal based on max health ..

My Templar tank (main) is getting put on the shelf for a while I’m tired of this
    Options
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭

This.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Yea it really depends on the tooltips. If someone logs on pts let me know the tooltip and stats used. I'm away in vacation so can't log lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Yea it really depends on the tooltips. If someone logs on pts let me know the tooltip and stats used. I'm away in vacation so can't log lol.

Living Dark morph simply immobilizes for 3s and heals with every hit, seems to have no limit, and works on everyone who is hitting you, and it is cast on you. The heal is 5533.

The Unstable Core morph has the 30% slow, immobilize, then stun all the while damaging the enemy with each hit regardless of the stage. The amounts increased at each stage; 2509 with the slow, 5101 with the immobilize and 7652 with the stun.

The fully traited time is 6 seconds.

With 6k effective spell power (sp+magicka combined) and pretty standard CP allotment.

You will likely never see the stun in PvE since enemies attack too slowly to get to that point in 6 seconds.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

Living Dark morph simply immobilizes for 3s and heals with every hit, seems to have no limit, and works on everyone who is hitting you, and it is cast on you. The heal is 5533.

The Unstable Core morph has the 30% slow, immobilize, then stun all the while damaging the enemy with each hit regardless of the stage. The amounts increased at each stage; 2509 with the slow, 5101 with the immobilize and 7652 with the stun.

With 6k effective spell power (sp+magicka combined) and pretty standard CP allotment.

You will likely never see the stun in PvE since enemies attack too slowly to get to that point in 6 seconds.

What a Nerf for UC. I was about to get 9-10k on the burst on live lol.

Living dark should stay.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jabs primary target damage being mitigated by Evasion is the only current issue with the class on PTS.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Jabs primary target damage being mitigated by Evasion is the only current issue with the class on PTS.

Just looked and I think that is going to be a big deal with every stam player running major evasion and Vigors now around 20k in 5 seconds. I wonder if the "cleave" in force pulse suffers from this. I don't think it does.

The more expensive ER is a pain for my stamplar. Was using toppling charge but will have to take that back to stampede
    Options
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

Thank you for this clarification ...
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Just looked and I think that is going to be a big deal with every stam player running major evasion and Vigors now around 20k in 5 seconds. I wonder if the "cleave" in force pulse suffers from this. I don't think it does.

The more expensive ER is a pain for my stamplar. Was using toppling charge but will have to take that back to stampede

Nearly every good stam player was already using evasion. It did make 2h look more attractive to my magplar though. It already looked decent, but fitting it on my bar will be tough. I plan on running soultrap x5 with berserker strike on both bars. That'll work right?
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Nearly every good stam player was already using evasion. It did make 2h look more attractive to my magplar though. It already looked decent, but fitting it on my bar will be tough. I plan on running soultrap x5 with berserker strike on both bars. That'll work right?

It will be interesting to see because a lot of players are running heavy sets now and so do not have major evasion. Ive preferred medium myself but there is a large set of players who are told heavy is the meta and they follow the meta. Basically giving their FM major evasion now to go with the heavy armor. Unless they get scared off heavy because the 7th Fury meta no longer works for them
    Options
  • rsantijw13
    rsantijw13
    ✭✭✭
    How about fixing that guild banking problem? I shouldnt have to choose between playing the game or being able to help someone out because the guild banking system has been broke since day 1. How do I know that? I have been here since day 1. I can average 2+ hours or more with the guild banking system the way it is currently. Thats about 2000 items moved. seriously should it take 2+ hours to move items?
    Options
  • Khenzy
    Khenzy
    ✭✭✭
    What if Punturing Strikes worked like Force Pulse? A mainly single target damage with splash conditional AoE damage?

What about this:

Punturing Strikes retains it's single target damage which is no longer reduced by Major Evasion, and the skill now damages nearby enemies [example here -->] that are inside your Sacred Ground (Restoring Light passive) by X amount (said amount is of course affected by Major Evasion), that'd be some nice inter-class sinergy like Dragon Knights already have.
    Edited by Khenzy on July 9, 2019 1:44PM
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsantijw13 wrote: »
    How about fixing that guild banking problem? I shouldnt have to choose between playing the game or being able to help someone out because the guild banking system has been broke since day 1. How do I know that? I have been here since day 1. I can average 2+ hours or more with the guild banking system the way it is currently. Thats about 2000 items moved. seriously should it take 2+ hours to move items?

I think your in the wrong thread pal. Unless Templars are having some specific Guild Bank issues I'm unaware of.
    Options
  • sindalstar
    sindalstar
    ✭✭✭
    Proposed idea for Power of the light to give it some extra gusto

-Remove its ability to gather damage from other people.
    -Give it "if you manage to reach the cap, you deal the initial damage again on top of the reflected damage" or "This abiltity can crit after the damage is reflected. If it does, it delivers the initial damage again on top of the reflected damagea"

Thoughts?
    Edited by sindalstar on July 10, 2019 4:13PM
    Options
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sindalstar wrote: »
    Proposed idea for Power of the light to give it some extra gusto

-Remove its ability to gather damage from other people.
    -Give it "if you manage to reach the cap, you deal the initial damage again on top of the reflected damage" or "This abiltity can crit after the damage is reflected. If it does, it delivers the initial damage again on top of the reflected damagea"

Thoughts?

There's no way 1 person cam reach the current cap in pvp without refreshingit, especially against a good player. They'd have to reevaluate a lot of aspects about for either of those to work.
    Options
  • Stealth4665
    Stealth4665
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone else wonder why the change to empowering sweep from elsweyr is still in the game?

The amount of extra damage you can get is not even that good in add pulls, and against a boss it is nonexistent. Empower makes no sense for the physical morph and there are other ways to get empower anyway. The point of major protection was to give the radiant spear a defensive morph which was actually very useful. If you wanted extra damage crescent sweep was better. Having the option to choose an offensive or defensive ultimate was good. Not to mention, this was a great ultimate for Templar tanks, especially since the class has no % of Health based heal. Using the major protection added quite a lot of survivability to the Templar tank. Also major protection from remembrance is not a good substitute for empowering sweep because it cost an ult and a half more to get and you get less up time on the protection, not to mention you have to stop the channel to actually block. The problem with the stamplar dps was not the ultimate. The new morph does not provide any noticeable damage increase and is just useless with empower now. Please just revert the change made to empowering sweep and give templars back their major protection, one of their few redeeming qualities for tanks and stamplars.
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else wonder why the change to empowering sweep from elsweyr is still in the game?

The amount of extra damage you can get is not even that good in add pulls, and against a boss it is nonexistent. Empower makes no sense for the physical morph and there are other ways to get empower anyway. The point of major protection was to give the radiant spear a defensive morph which was actually very useful. If you wanted extra damage crescent sweep was better. Having the option to choose an offensive or defensive ultimate was good. Not to mention, this was a great ultimate for Templar tanks, especially since the class has no % of Health based heal. Using the major protection added quite a lot of survivability to the Templar tank. Also major protection from remembrance is not a good substitute for empowering sweep because it cost an ult and a half more to get and you get less up time on the protection, not to mention you have to stop the channel to actually block. The problem with the stamplar dps was not the ultimate. The new morph does not provide any noticeable damage increase and is just useless with empower now. Please just revert the change made to empowering sweep and give templars back their major protection, one of their few redeeming qualities for tanks and stamplars.

Well flawless db is getting nerfed as a passive frontbar ult for PVE, so empowering might see some play, especially in WM setups.
    Options
  • Stealth4665
    Stealth4665
    Soul Shriven
    Well flawless db is getting nerfed as a passive frontbar ult for PVE, so empowering might see some play, especially in WM setups.[/quote]

True, but my point is that you could of still used the old ult in that case. The old ultimate offered a different option for utility rather than just raw damage. They should of just made the crescent sweep morph do either physical or magic damage based off of what you were using. That would allow you to pick between defense or offense, but you could still run WM setups with either one.
    Edited by Stealth4665 on July 11, 2019 4:33AM
    Options
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabs and sweeps are useless against all stamina builds now
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    Jabs and sweeps are useless against all stamina builds now

Major evasion doesn’t make jabs useless. It’s annoying and really needs to be looked at, but I still kill plenty of evasion users.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like the new empowering sweeps. not for the empower but for the reach they added. I do miss major protection but I dont think they wanted that to have so much uptime and with added duration based on numbers hit, you could really have some uptime in a large fight.

I would gladly trade empower for some other sort of defense though. Maybe each pulse parry/deflects a single target attack.
    Edited by technohic on July 11, 2019 2:02PM
    Options
  • Stealth4665
    Stealth4665
    Soul Shriven
    Honestly, I would rather take the shorter range so it is harder to stack uptime on the protection. Maybe they thought, "with the increased range this will be good enough for people to use so we can just slap empower on it" With the old range it wasn't that easy to hit or even stack that buff much.

I do agree though it needs some sort of defensive buff over empower.
    Options