The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MagNB - What is our advantage to leverage?

• GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For clarity why CA and me don't mesh. I tend to think of pots as a last resource "oh ***" I'm about to go down button. Not a let's burst this fool button.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy bombard here, kappa water festival! ...anyway... I ran a few build with spell strat resto back bar and Imo that's better than CA. It's also back barable and just more my style of buff.

Just so yall know my struggle I edit this text like 7 times...rip
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on July 14, 2019 11:17PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone see blobs magblade? Hist sp, clever alchemist, pirate skeleton. Has everything except mobility. Not relly my style but seems brilliant.

Pirate Skeleton is a great choice for Magblade and one of my top 3.

Hist Sap recently took a nerf - not sure how bad it was (must still be okay if he's running it).

Stopped liking Clever Alchemist after it was changed to in combat only.

He's been playing a long time so I'm sure he could make really anything work.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's the potion synergy with argonian + high health pool and not noticing a huge drop in damage
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    For clarity why CA and me don't mesh. I tend to think of pots as a last resource "oh ***" I'm about to go down button. Not a let's burst this fool button.

Lol. Extend your offensive window
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. Extend your offensive window

Idk man I would rather just resto tap from back bar with spell strat and gain that buff with infused damage glyph. Thats a pretty sweet buff that's proced frequently.

But as I've always said, magnb works a lot of ways, it's a style class
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    So really brief half ass run of the idea for next patch.

Skoria, shackle heavy body, overwhelming jewels, inferno, snb.

Bars
    Fb inferno
    Structured entropy, mercy, ele block, swallow soul, debilitate, soul harvest
    Bb snb (don't have overwhelming resto atmy stole this gear from my temp, next patch definitely will be resto possibly defending)
    Dark cloak, sap essence, fear, mirage, refreshing, teather (when I farm resto 100% dropping sap for mutagen)

Ran a few bgs with this setup and it works surprisingly well. The dots add so much pressure and the mitigation from cloak and mercy allow you to be pretty damn tanky. Mirage and refreshing path are amazing synergy imo, tanky stand your ground or kite the hell away choice with them.

Either way I'm slightly excited and also nervous for next patch.

Nice, this puts my mind at ease. The combination I use is refreshing path, dark cloak and harness magicka. What scares me most are 2h stam and onslaught, it looks like it’ll be nasty.and as a healer I’m struggling to figure out a good counter because I’m expecting nasty burst.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but last PTS I think I did 3 BGs and went 7-1, 7-0 and 8-0. It takes a while for people to get comfortable so it might not perform as well on live as PTS. That plus everyone who tests is great, but they might be goofing around and using the opportunity to try things, vs live where you’re fighting a lot of mains in high MMR.

I was thinking about how best to counter burst and think the combination of % mitigation and strong self healing might be enough. IDK yet. If you can provide any insight that’d be great.

Other than burst anticipation and block/cloak/shield/roll. we gonna have to rely on hots and dark cloak. I think defending resto with heavy might be my bread and butter but only time will tell if it's viable.

Bars
    Fb inferno
    Bb snb (don't have overwhelming resto atmy stole this gear from my temp, next patch definitely will be resto possibly defending)
    Dark cloak, sap essence, fear, mirage, refreshing, teather (when I farm resto 100% dropping sap for mutagen)

Ran a few bgs with this setup and it works surprisingly well. The dots add so much pressure and the mitigation from cloak and mercy allow you to be pretty damn tanky. Mirage and refreshing path are amazing synergy imo, tanky stand your ground or kite the hell away choice with them.

Im actually kind of excited for this patch as well. I want to theory craft different types of magblade builds also and I think that part of magblade will be back next patch. I have a few heavy armor builds I want to try and I’ll probably switch over to melee magblade for my primary open world build.

Yeah I love theory crafting, I feel like I run a different style like every other night. If something flows well I will play it for a week or so and then save it to my dressing room tab

I would never run defending back bar when you have protective available. 2 protective = 3600~ resistances all the time. Allows infused resto with berserker glyph for max S/D and uptime.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

Bars
    Fb inferno

Nice, this puts my mind at ease. The combination I use is refreshing path, dark cloak and harness magicka. What scares me most are 2h stam and onslaught, it looks like it’ll be nasty.and as a healer I’m struggling to figure out a good counter because I’m expecting nasty burst.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but last PTS I think I did 3 BGs and went 7-1, 7-0 and 8-0. It takes a while for people to get comfortable so it might not perform as well on live as PTS. That plus everyone who tests is great, but they might be goofing around and using the opportunity to try things, vs live where you’re fighting a lot of mains in high MMR.

I was thinking about how best to counter burst and think the combination of % mitigation and strong self healing might be enough. IDK yet. If you can provide any insight that’d be great.

Other than burst anticipation and block/cloak/shield/roll. we gonna have to rely on hots and dark cloak. I think defending resto with heavy might be my bread and butter but only time will tell if it's viable.

Bars
    Fb inferno

Im actually kind of excited for this patch as well. I want to theory craft different types of magblade builds also and I think that part of magblade will be back next patch. I have a few heavy armor builds I want to try and I’ll probably switch over to melee magblade for my primary open world build.

Yeah I love theory crafting, I feel like I run a different style like every other night. If something flows well I will play it for a week or so and then save it to my dressing room tab

I would never run defending back bar when you have protective available. 2 protective = 3600~ resistances all the time. Allows infused resto with berserker glyph for max S/D and uptime.

I haven't run defending in a while but I feel there is going to be a lot of damage next patch. It might be worth it to lose the 100 or so SD for the defense while letting hots tick

Obviously still all hypothetical but my build theory is like spank and tank with front bar dots back bar hots
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on July 15, 2019 12:35AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Bars
    Fb inferno

Bars
    Fb inferno

I haven't run defending in a while but I feel there is going to be a lot of damage next patch. It might be worth it to lose the 100 or so SD for the defense while letting hots tick

Obviously still all hypothetical but my build theory is like spank and tank with front bar dots back bar hots

I like this playstyle too, not quite tank and spank and more like kite and spank while being tanky.

I’m not sure if mitigation will be as good vs stamina though. I was reading onslaught and isn’t like it gives 2h 18k pen with a long duration now (16 seconds). I thought I read the pen caps at 18k, is there a cap or is it possible to get like 30k pen from onslaught?

I’m thinking % mitigation and hot stacking will be better, but I’m not sure because without mitigation you’re vulnerable to burst. Usually a couple of Ult dumps is what gets me so I’m still trying to figure it out.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 15, 2019 1:24AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bars
    Fb inferno

Bars
    Fb inferno

Yea I think about protective a lot, but I just hate to turn down the extra ~110 spell damage each piece.

I’m rocking like 2.9k spell dmg unbuffed, ~3.2k w/buffs & it’s been pretty fun
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bars
    Fb inferno

Bars
    Fb inferno

I like this playstyle too, not quite tank and spank and more like kite and spank while being tanky.

I’m not sure if mitigation will be as good vs stamina though. I was reading onslaught and isn’t like it gives 2h 18k pen with a long duration now (16 seconds). I thought I read the pen caps at 18k, is there a cap or is it possible to get like 30k pen from onslaught?

I’m thinking % mitigation and hot stacking will be better, but I’m not sure because without mitigation you’re vulnerable to burst. Usually a couple of Ult dumps is what gets me so I’m still trying to figure it out.

You could always go full cheese & run cloak with meridia’s blessed armor lol
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5.1.1 up

Protective - nerfed
    Pirate smelly - nerfed
    Shuffle - major expedition gone

What’s everyone thinking? Swift or triune traits? Speed builds or health? Onslaught’s still powerful so 2h/resto for all magblade damage healers?

Finally be able to get good healing values on swallow soul and funnel health if you can negate mitigation.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 15, 2019 3:53PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As it currently stands with today's patch:

Healing Ward + Regeneration changes are very great for mNB.

These two skills will require us to run Resto
    (most do) but offer a very rewarding experience regardless if you run Dark Cloak or Shadowy Disguise.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, I was thinking ward ally + BRP resto + jorvuld’s but am not sure.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to load the PTS again as my SDD is pretty full. Has anybody gone onto the PTS and tried out soul harvest with the casting time?
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to load the PTS again as my SDD is pretty full. Has anybody gone onto the PTS and tried out soul harvest with the casting time?

No I haven't tried to download it...

Come out of the shadows and play my panther like friend.

But really though if it hurts cloak blade that will be crappy. Maybe we should all just gang up on what ever platform and create suicide bomb squads and just proxy>destro ult/tether all the groups. Death to lag!

• ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, with the proxy change I am seriously considering trying to master bomb blade. Never been very good at it but it would allow me to be even more annoying than usual.

I have a full set of VD armor and jewelry + staff of spinner. I have Grothdarr. I guess Balorgh would be better but I'd have to go do PvE.

So is it still proxy + soul tether or would the flame staff ulti be better? then you sap essence and hit shade or just die.

The big problem that I see is that most bomblades don't get that first kill off to start the chain reaction. The heals come up so quickly especially blood gore. I've seen way more bomblade fails than successes lately.

Any recommendations?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, with the proxy change I am seriously considering trying to master bomb blade. Never been very good at it but it would allow me to be even more annoying than usual.

I have a full set of VD armor and jewelry + staff of spinner. I have Grothdarr. I guess Balorgh would be better but I'd have to go do PvE.

So is it still proxy + soul tether or would the flame staff ulti be better? then you sap essence and hit shade or just die.

The big problem that I see is that most bomblades don't get that first kill off to start the chain reaction. The heals come up so quickly especially blood gore. I've seen way more bomblade fails than successes lately.

Any recommendations?

Have you considered inevitable detonation? The cast time has been reduced to 1 second.

After the patch I’d try: det - buffs - onslaught with cloak - bang det. Just make sure you have all your buffs up before trying. The best places to hit are transitus stones or people repairing doors. Bombing doesn’t really work if people are buffed up.

Post patch I think bombers when you live will be more fun.

Buffs with shade up - reaper’s mark - inevitable det - cloak - lotus fan - onslaught - bang - impale hoping to kill someone. Then shade out or use undo (if onslaught missed) to get out of there. Good thing about inevitable is you can try to do it repeatedly whenever your ult’s up in a normal build instead of suicide bombing.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you considered inevitable detonation? The cast time has been reduced to 1 second.

Won't the inevitable give it all away? They will hold block and everybody will start spamming heals and scatter?

• GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it works best with proxy, it's all about the surprise. I ra a bomber for a while and it's all about catching them with thier pants down. Like just took a hard keep then sitting on flags like "whew battles over"... but it's not here comes the lizard proxies up.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Won't the inevitable give it all away? They will hold block and everybody will start spamming heals and scatter?

Yup. I more mean a more normal pvp spec rather then suicide bomber. Typical bombers get lots of people if successful but it’s a one trick pony. With inevitable detonation being buffed I think you can work it into a normal pvp spec that’s more rounded.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As was posted in another thread, everyone is just waiting to see which defensive set to run based on whether or not they change onslaught.

If they keep it as-is, run buffer of the swift, if they change it, run fortified brass.
    Either way I’m pairing 5 light with rattle cage jewelry & heavy chest & legs.

If Breton-
    All gold infused jewelry, 1 recovery & 2 spell dmg

If not Breton-
    All gold infused jewelry, 1 reduce cost, 1 recovery, 1 spell dmg
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing I think a lot of people either don't know, or overlook when it comes to bombing, it picking the proper target for the chain. Yeah tether and proxy are aoe, but alof of times its that light attack/enchant into aoe spammable that will start the reaction. You need to find that squishy stamblade at like 23k hp, or the unshielded sorc.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    As was posted in another thread, everyone is just waiting to see which defensive set to run based on whether or not they change onslaught.

If they keep it as-is, run buffer of the swift, if they change it, run fortified brass.

If Breton-

If not Breton-

Wouldn’t you want to run entropy next patch over Rattle? Fat dot+major sorcery. - guess you could do the same with reach next patch as well.

Stacking an extra dot is going to be a necessity imo.

I also have a hard time running a defensive 5 pc. Maybe the extra dmg and lower resistances next patch will allow it? Right now- you can run 2 dmg sets and still run Into stall builds 1v1.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »

If Breton-

If not Breton-

I still think Buffer will be better then fortified brass. I think the magic number is 16k, if your resists after pen are less then 16k BotS is better then fortified.

With protective nerfed I think it’ll be hard to hit 26k+ in light.

Think I’m going to try jorvlund’s, bots and the new sustain monster set. I’m not sure what to do to include the BRP resto staff if I use it. Maybe trans instead of jorv on my back bar or double resto.

There’s lots of time to decide I guess, probably more upcoming changes.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 16, 2019 6:00PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey scruffy whiskers. I have. Tbh there is not that much noticeable difference... at least as far as I can tell. However, If your someone with a low ping and a master at animation canceling you may have to adjust your timing. I have 200 ping so it feels the same to me. I know the way you play because I’ve been on the receiving end of your stealth burst combo. You may feel a slight stutter but it won’t make or break your combo.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

Hey scruffy whiskers. I have. Tbh there is not that much noticeable difference... at least as far as I can tell. However, If your someone with a low ping and a master at animation canceling you may have to adjust your timing. I have 200 ping so it feels the same to me. I know the way you play because I’ve been on the receiving end of your stealth burst combo. You may feel a slight stutter but it won’t make or break your combo.

Thanks for the testing and info! I've usually got about 120 to 140 when conditions are good. 160 - 200 in prime time but sometimes it's just 140ms when the map is quiet. It's a DSL line so not great and rural.

I have problems getting the ultimate to fire even in good conditions sometimes so I've been worried. :) Thanks again!
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’ll completely shaft the ani cancel soul harvest burst. Which rn is the difference of me killing the magplar and him healing to full right after.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite part of mNB is having a build that is statically higher damage than other toons, but when my single target skills aren't being constantly dodged, they hit for less than the AOEs skills on other toons.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’ll completely shaft the ani cancel soul harvest burst. Which rn is the difference of me killing the magplar and him healing to full right after.

Time your fears. With the .4 sec cast time you still hit before they break free...
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South