The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The state of Cyrodiil, 10 days in to Faction Lock

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I turned on my name plates for the very first time over the weekend. Very interesting to see guild tags. I'm starting to think DC doesn't really have many guilds running at all. I see a few players with the same tags but not many.

DC really needs a great leader ( preferably someone with a high IQ ) to motivate and lead us to victory.

We got you fam.

She said leaders, not overpowered small group players that can kill 40 ep in a blink! Jeez man.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i want to play my main faction until its so overwhelmingly in front that other factions can't catch up, then i'll swap to a diff faction so i can rake in more points, and pretend it is in the name of 'balance'.
    This is why faction swapping was removed.
    Edited by dtsharples on June 12, 2019 2:30PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

DC Guilds...
    • Phałanx

Phalanx members have mostly quit or are on break. We haven't run a group in months. Are also dirty faction flippers that aren't all locked to the same faction now.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    First week of Xbox NA CP 30 day standard is a framerate issue in huge fights. but beyond that it is busy and all three sides are pop locked most of the time(new update and all).

So far fights are decent. One time so far a yellow player ran a yellow scroll to blue. Easier to create alt acconts on XBOX.

The only thing I have noticed is way less fighting in zone chat not counting the night I previously mentioned with the scroll issue.

Not at Australian prime time. I've stopped logging in to Cyro any more because there's zero action. Not even PvDooring. Might be lucky to see anything on the map move in half an hour. BORING!
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next Campaign on 30 Day CP PC/NA there will only be 2 Factions instead of 3. It is just frustrating to be DC right now on this campaign whether you are trying to play the map, or small scale. Just so outnumbered. After tonight many people in my time slot are taking a break from pvp. I am a West Coast player.

We tried to go to 7 day hoping to find some good fights, but hardly anyone was there.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    How many days in before the bickering over faction locks stops?

Equal to the number of days until those who whinged to get the lock in place realize they're [snip]

[edited for inappropriate content/language]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on June 12, 2019 6:41PM
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexquisite wrote: »
    Next Campaign on 30 Day CP PC/NA there will only be 2 Factions instead of 3. It is just frustrating to be DC right now on this campaign whether you are trying to play the map, or small scale. Just so outnumbered. After tonight many people in my time slot are taking a break from pvp. I am a West Coast player.

We tried to go to 7 day hoping to find some good fights, but hardly anyone was there.

That’s impossible @vamp_emily said DC is doing better than ever since faction locks.
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder to keep the thread civil, constructive and on-topic. While we completely understand everyone has their own opinions, thoughts, feelings and even frustrations, we want the forums to be a civil and constructive platform for the game and it's community as a whole.
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on June 12, 2019 1:41PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I turned on my name plates for the very first time over the weekend. Very interesting to see guild tags. I'm starting to think DC doesn't really have many guilds running at all. I see a few players with the same tags but not many.

DC really needs a great leader ( preferably someone with a high IQ ) to motivate and lead us to victory.

DC should try and convince LoM to leave the no-cp campaign and come over to the main campaign. They are the best chance for DC to start getting a group that can rally DC durning primetime.

IL, BoD, and GoD all try but they have been really struggling the last few months.

DC Guilds...
    • Legions of Mordor
    • Iron Legion
    • Blood of Daggerfall
    • Guardians of Daggerfall
    • Some new "Dragon" one.
    • Fengrush Inc (Orc Army)
    • Vanquish
    • Cry Havoc
    • Order of the Candle
    • Rats
    • Vivace
    • Innocents abroad IA
    • The Nights Watch
    • Ghost Division
    • Bashu
    • Warband
    • TY for the Donation
    • Phałanx

I miss primetime beefy LOM plays.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why some AD diehards were so jaded for a year or two. It sucks when the weakest faction gets piled on every night.

But that 1-2 year really bad period for AD began after faction locks were completely removed and we started to bleed experienced players to other factions.

"If you can't beat em, join em" applies aptly to ESO PVP players, with or without faction locks.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    This is why some AD diehards were so jaded for a year or two. It sucks when the weakest faction gets piled on every night.

But that 1-2 year really bad period for AD began after faction locks were completely removed and we started to bleed experienced players to other factions.

"If you can't beat em, join em" applies aptly to ESO PVP players, with or without faction locks.

When I started on NA AD were winning a lot of campaigns and EP didn't win for like 1y. Was without faction locks.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I started on NA AD were winning a lot of campaigns and EP didn't win for like 1y. Was without faction locks.
    It was a gradual slide that was masked by events such as VE's brief switch to AD -- so they could win campaigns on all three factions. Also, campaign wins do not necessarily correlate with faction strength.

EP was never really bad at a combat level. I don't think Haxus stopped running until Drac formed? But I think it could be said EP's best players and guilds weren't at all engaged in the scoreboard.

Anyway, I don't agree with the decision to re-implement faction locks. My point is that there's a lot of good and bad being directly associated with each approach that aren't true.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of us actually like faction lock.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    In theory Faction lock might sound great. But they should've looked at how many people who start the game actually start in Ebonheart. My first alts were EP, because I wanted to be a dark elf, though I am DC now after meeting some great friends, and have only played DC for 3.5 years. There are just so many more EP ESO players. Instead of faction lock, they should've done some kind of population based factioning.

Right now, my DC alts are worthless because we are always outnumbered 20 to 1, whether we are trying to do map objectives with a somewhat large group, or small scaling. I am faced with never playing my best character again, and rerolling to AD so that maybe I can get some fights with equal numbers, if I still want to pvp.

Last night after DC was beat to their gates, and the rag tag outnumbered DC managed to defend their scroll and get it back from AD near their gates, EP came in and the rest was history. DC pop dropped to 1 bar immediately after--last time I've seen this on a busy campaign during prime time, it was a campaign killer, and those campaigns all died.

I was trying to be optimistic last night in group and suggested that many people would come DC next campaign, but no one agreed, the sentiment is that players don't want to be on the losing side...esp as bad as DC is losing.

Also, just want to mention that many people own 2+ accounts. It doesn't stop the "spying" thing that everyone was so worried about.

I would go back to unlocked factions in a minute, even though DC was still outnumbered, it wasn't as bad as it is right now.
    Edited by Hexquisite on June 13, 2019 12:56AM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• jimijac0me
    jimijac0me
    ✭✭✭

DC should try and convince LoM to leave the no-cp campaign and come over to the main campaign. They are the best chance for DC to start getting a group that can rally DC durning primetime.

IL, BoD, and GoD all try but they have been really struggling the last few months.

DC Guilds...
    • Legions of Mordor
    • Iron Legion
    • Blood of Daggerfall
    • Some new "Dragon" one.
    • Vanquish
    • Cry Havoc
    • Order of the Candle
    • Rats
    • Vivace
    • Innocents abroad IA
    • The Nights Watch
    • Ghost Division
    • Bashu
    • Warband
    • TY for the Donation
    • Phałanx

Rats (of Tobruk) have been absent excepting 2 nights and a couple of drunken runs since new camp started.

We are for faction locks and enjoy being outnumbered so the few times we've run we have had a blast and enjoyed all of the fights we've come across. New patch pushed our ping consistently over 400 (we are an aussie/nz guild) however, so struggling to keep motivation within the ranks to continue in Cyro and I've personally been sick for the last week so I haven't been leading cyro groups. ZOS silence on the Akami routing for oceanic is deafening. I have no doubts the game is losing most PvP focused oceanic players that attempt to be competitive...

I understand the frustration for DC being outnumbered and playing for the score isn't really an option due to EP's lead after the first few days. Definitely plenty of good fights for DC though! Stick it out guys, new camp is not too far off and may see a different climate so use this time to sharpen your group comp and skills. Keep the faith DC! <3
    Edited by jimijac0me on June 13, 2019 1:49AM
    Guild Leader Rats of Tobruk (RoT) DC PVP Guild
    Jacome Enakis (DC NB)
    Jacome Dibella (DC Sorc)
    Tealc Enakis (DC DK)
    Jacome Lightbringer (DC Templar)
    Jacome Gro-Longenfirm (DC Sorc)
    Baron Humbert Von Gikken (DC Warden)
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jimijac0me wrote: »

DC Guilds...
    • Legions of Mordor
    • Iron Legion
    • Blood of Daggerfall
    • Some new "Dragon" one.
    • Vanquish
    • Cry Havoc
    • Order of the Candle
    • Rats
    • Vivace
    • Innocents abroad IA
    • The Nights Watch
    • Ghost Division
    • Bashu
    • Warband
    • TY for the Donation
    • Phałanx

Rats (of Tobruk) have been absent excepting 2 nights and a couple of drunken runs since new camp started.

We are for faction locks and enjoy being outnumbered so the few times we've run we have had a blast and enjoyed all of the fights we've come across. New patch pushed our ping consistently over 400 (we are an aussie/nz guild) however, so struggling to keep motivation within the ranks to continue in Cyro and I've personally been sick for the last week so I haven't been leading cyro groups. ZOS silence on the Akami routing for oceanic is deafening. I have no doubts the game is losing most PvP focused oceanic players that attempt to be competitive...

I understand the frustration for DC being outnumbered and playing for the score isn't really an option due to EP's lead after the first few days. Definitely plenty of good fights for DC though! Stick it out guys, new camp is not too far off and may see a different climate so use this time to sharpen your group comp and skills. Keep the faith DC! <3

I truly feel sorry for all the oceanic players and what they’re having to deal with to play this game. You guys are either hard headed or just enjoy slamming your head into a brick wall with yalls ping and ZOS being quiet about it so much in that 800 post thread.
  • jimijac0me
    jimijac0me
    ✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »

DC Guilds...
    • Legions of Mordor
    • Iron Legion
    • Blood of Daggerfall
    • Some new "Dragon" one.
    • Vanquish
    • Cry Havoc
    • Order of the Candle
    • Rats
    • Vivace
    • Innocents abroad IA
    • The Nights Watch
    • Ghost Division
    • Bashu
    • Warband
    • TY for the Donation
    • Phałanx

I truly feel sorry for all the oceanic players and what they’re having to deal with to play this game. You guys are either hard headed or just enjoy slamming your head into a brick wall with yalls ping and ZOS being quiet about it so much in that 800 post thread.

Thanks mate, mostly hard headed I think 🤣

Although I know for certain with oceanic servers WoW has a few ESO refugees atm 😉
    Guild Leader Rats of Tobruk (RoT) DC PVP Guild
    Jacome Enakis (DC NB)
    Jacome Dibella (DC Sorc)
    Tealc Enakis (DC DK)
    Jacome Lightbringer (DC Templar)
    Jacome Gro-Longenfirm (DC Sorc)
    Baron Humbert Von Gikken (DC Warden)
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DC Guilds...
    • Legions of Mordor
    • Iron Legion
    • Blood of Daggerfall
    • Some new "Dragon" one.
    • Vanquish
    • Cry Havoc
    • Order of the Candle
    • Rats
    • Vivace
    • Innocents abroad IA
    • The Nights Watch
    • Ghost Division
    • Bashu
    • Warband
    • TY for the Donation
    • Phałanx

It kinda confuses me why the favour for locks with all that's happening to dc right now when you already have the guild rule: DC only. I Find that rule perfectly reasonable if you are focused on campaign score because you don't want one of your own members undoing your work. Those that won't play DC only will just not join your guild. Everyone is happy.

As for lag, being Aussie meself I feel first hand the pain. However, I recently stumbled upon an amazing vpn for us called Exit Lag. Better and easier to use than Mudfish by miles. Free trial for 3 days.

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It kinda confuses me why the favour for locks with all that's happening to dc right now when you already have the guild rule: DC only. I Find that rule perfectly reasonable if you are focused on campaign score because you don't want one of your own members undoing your work. Those that won't play DC only will just not join your guild. Everyone is happy.
    I can't answer for them, but I can say as someone who has been in a lot of guilds and clans over the years, ESO has a very strange guild culture stemming from the multi-guild system. Not only is the casual multi-factioning odd to some, but playing for multiple guilds might be especially strange.

In other games, players who hop between guilds and clans tend to have a bad rep as bandwagoners. ESO has the most relaxed PVP guild scene I've ever seen. It's really a very social game, I supposed, based more on hanging out than hardcore competition with rivals.

Personally, I've always enjoyed rivalries with opponents so it never felt right in this game when I had multifaction guildmates who were also in opposition guilds.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU noncp - few days till the end, difference in points between all factions is ~1500 points. Looks pretty balanced to me.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I can't answer for them, but I can say as someone who has been in a lot of guilds and clans over the years, ESO has a very strange guild culture stemming from the multi-guild system. Not only is the casual multi-factioning odd to some, but playing for multiple guilds might be especially strange.

In other games, players who hop between guilds and clans tend to have a bad rep as bandwagoners. ESO has the most relaxed PVP guild scene I've ever seen. It's really a very social game, I supposed, based more on hanging out than hardcore competition with rivals.

Personally, I've always enjoyed rivalries with opponents so it never felt right in this game when I had multifaction guildmates who were also in opposition guilds.

Ah. Might explain it. I told myself I would never play an mmo because they are very addictive.
    Then ESO got announced and me, a diehard ES fan, couldn't resist. Long story short, this is my first MMO. xP

Still, History aside... Gotta see the logic here yeah?

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    PC EU noncp - few days till the end, difference in points between all factions is ~1500 points. Looks pretty balanced to me.

Both sides of the argument would have campaigns to point to backing their arguments. In the PC NA CP campaign EP has a lead of over 10k I believe.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still, History aside... Gotta see the logic here yeah?
    I can see where you're coming from, but people who take on the burden of leadership often want to do it on terms they prefer. I enjoy leading in games, but I do not enjoy leading everyone. If I can't build the kind of team I want, I don't want to build it at all.

There's a lot we don't see in public. For example, I know the leader of an impactful and respected AD guild who quit years ago because he didn't like how fluid guild rosters were. IMO, this is why most leaders in ESO PVP are chill -- because it's the only leadership style that can really work here.

This is all my POV. There are probably thousands of gaming communities with different values, but the cultures I came from -- some of which were pretty proto to gaming -- had ethics derived from team sports.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

Both sides of the argument would have campaigns to point to backing their arguments. In the PC NA CP campaign EP has a lead of over 10k I believe.

Last Check DC was in 3rd losing by 14K.--PC NA CP 30 Day.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The little that I’ve pvp’d this campaign, PC/NA/30 day CP DC has been a complete disaster. Plenty of population, but no idea what to do. There may be one person wrangling pugs in zone, but the rest of them are either standing around a front line keep with their thumbs up their as**s or pugging to a resource and getting farmed over and over again. It’s just pathetic.
    Edited by Marcus684 on June 13, 2019 7:20PM
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

The little that I’ve pvp’d this campaign, PC/NA/30 day CP DC has been a complete disaster. Plenty of population, but no idea what to do. There may be one person wrangling pugs in zone, but the rest of them are either standing around a front line keep with their thumbs up their as**s or pugging to a resource and getting farmed over and over again. It’s just pathetic.

In my experience when I play DC is at 2 or 3 bars while EP and AD are poplocked, and whether I am in an organized 4 man looking for small fights, or a 24 man, we are just crazy outnumbered wherever we go. Also everytime we do come close to winning an objective even though outnumbered, we tend to then get double teamed, or the enemy gets the hammer ( and people still new to it's powers). We also have some DC griefers who clog the zone chat when leaders are trying to lead through "yell." While I know most of DC is trying, the few bad apples just make it so toxic that I am over it.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I get how attractive faction lock is from the point of view of someone who only plays one faction like me, but.... DC was never going to come out as winner out of it lol. The hysterical 'wE aRe LosInG riGhT nOW beCaUSe oF fAcTIoN fLiPpers spAiZ' people in zone chat never really understood that the only strength DC has had lately was people pug-wrangling in the day, and that pugs aren't very solidly attached to a faction.

The DC guilds are largely a mess, be it because people a) don't want to zerg b) zerg, but in Sotha c) only zerg in Sotha when Fengrush is on or d) just don't want to collaborate much with each other because playing the map isn't seen as a valid objective because it's not that fun. We get what we deserve. I hope this will force us to bond a little bit together and to put a more serious effort, cause DC's been really lax in terms of assembling teams that can steamroll other large groups.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have predicted this issue before faction lock was implemented. It was obvious that the history will repeat itself.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have predicted this issue before faction lock was implemented. It was obvious that the history will repeat itself.

One month does not make a pattern. People are already deciding which alliance to flip to next month.
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    I mean, I get how attractive faction lock is from the point of view of someone who only plays one faction like me, but.... DC was never going to come out as winner out of it lol. The hysterical 'wE aRe LosInG riGhT nOW beCaUSe oF fAcTIoN fLiPpers spAiZ' people in zone chat never really understood that the only strength DC has had lately was people pug-wrangling in the day, and that pugs aren't very solidly attached to a faction.

The DC guilds are largely a mess, be it because people a) don't want to zerg b) zerg, but in Sotha c) only zerg in Sotha when Fengrush is on or d) just don't want to collaborate much with each other because playing the map isn't seen as a valid objective because it's not that fun. We get what we deserve. I hope this will force us to bond a little bit together and to put a more serious effort, cause DC's been really lax in terms of assembling teams that can steamroll other large groups.

This sounds like a problem with an obvious solution. If people on DC care enough to pvp, they'll organize and get something together. This is on them and its weird we're talking about DC like its a collective entity like the Borg. They're people, just like you and I (well at least me ;P), surely there are some people who have the same goals.