The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The state of Cyrodiil, 10 days in to Faction Lock

bulbousb16_ESO
bulbousb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
A lot of predictions have been made about what will happen to Cyrodiil after the implementation of Faction Lock. Opinions have ranged from Utopia to Ragnarok. Also, a lot of observations have been made about the current state of the map(s), and the population levels. For reference purposes, here is a snapshot of Cyrodiil, 10 days after Faction Locks.

Taken on 5/30/2019 at 10 PM EDT on PC NA:

Kalgrontiid:

Population Levels: all factions locked
Map holdings: EP 30% AD 50% DC 20%
Score (k): EP 35 AD 30 DC 28

Bahlokdaan:

Population Levels (bars): EP 2, AD 2, DC 3
Map holdings: EP 20% AD 40% DC 40%
Score (k): EP 35 AD 29 DC 27

Yolnahkriin:

Population (bars): all factions 1 bar
Map control: EP 40 AD 40 DC 20
Score (k): EP 10 AD 10 DC 6

At the time of the survey, we can make some observations:

1. EP is winning all campaigns by score
2. EP does not have majority population in any campaign
3. EP does not control the majority of the map in any campaign
4. 30 Day CP campaign has a high population, 30 Day No-CP has a medium population and 7 Day (no faction-locks) has a low population

Personally, my three takeaways are:

A ) Faction locked campaigns are popular while the Faction unlocked campaign is not.
B ) The situation on the map is competitive. No one is getting "gated".
C ) EP is dominating score-wise, but not on the ground during prime time. They also do not have the most combined boots on the ground.

All in all, things are looking pretty good in Cyrodiil.

Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on May 31, 2019 2:30AM
Lethal zergling
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please don't feed the Toosk.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a lot of assumptions off 1 snapshot. Also, people are concerned about non primetime populations. I'm willing to wager a pic of 10am or 3pm would show a different picture.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    That's a lot of assumptions off 1 snapshot. Also, people are concerned about non primetime populations. I'm willing to wager a pic of 10am or 3pm would show a different picture.
    The picture has been pretty much the same since launch. I just keep hearing people say otherwise, so I thought I would capture the numbers for reference.

You are right about the off-peak though. If EP isn't gaining all their points during prime time, then they must be gaining them in off-peak. Not sure what to do about that - some have made intriguing suggestions about weighting scoring by server populations.
    Lethal zergling
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to say that anything NEEDS to be done about off-peak fighting. I have no issues with it personally.

Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on May 31, 2019 3:02AM
    Lethal zergling
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The campaigns that already had high populations continue to have high populations, saying that Shor has low pop because of factionlock is just being delusional.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saying that Shor has low pop because of factionlock is just being delusional.
    Good thing no one said anything about Shor, which no longer exists on PC NA.

Lethal zergling
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saying that Shor has low pop because of factionlock is just being delusional.
    Good thing no one said anything about Shor, which no longer exists on PC NA.

People are gonna keep using the old names for a while, being ultra pedantic about using the dragon names isn’t a good look for you.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are gonna keep using the old names for a while, being ultra pedantic about using the dragon names isn’t a good look for you.
    Please note also that I never said that Yolnahkriin was unpopular BECAUSE it's unlocked. I merely noted the faction locked campaigns are more popular than the unlocked campaign. The cause is something we can debate.
    Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on May 31, 2019 4:17AM
    Lethal zergling
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cause is something we can debate.

the cause is because most consistent pvpers have been at it for years and have accumulated a ton of cp...it's like spending weekend after weekend, year after year putting together an awesome hot rod, then deciding to go racing on your bicycle...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can win battles but still lose wars. The wars are won in off peak. Prime time is just a sideshow.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, my three takeaways are:

A ) Faction locked campaigns are popular while the Faction unlocked campaign is not.

Or the takeaway could be: People do not want to play 7 day campaigns. Lets have a 30 day faction locked and 30 day unlocked campaign and see.

7 day campaigns were never highly populated - the main campaign was always one or the 30 day cp campaign (since their introduction).

I´d bet money if factionlock was on 7 day and no lock was on 30 day - we would see the exact same populations with 7 day being barren wasteland and 30 day being populated.
    This can atleast partly be attributed to rewards from 7day campaigns being strictly worse than 30 day while requiring more effort aswell (which would be leverage for devs to make 7 day more enticing to play - more effort should give more rewards).
    Edited by Derra on May 31, 2019 6:22AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please note also that I never said that Yolnahkriin was unpopular BECAUSE it's unlocked. I merely noted the faction locked campaigns are more popular than the unlocked campaign. The cause is something we can debate.

Kaal, Vivec, Azuras Star, True Flame, and Scourge have always been the most popular campaigns because they were the longest duration once the 90 days were removed and CP is enabled.

People told you before that nothing would change that and it’s holding true. Only thing we’re witnessing is when push comes to shove EP players who chose to play other factions went back to EP.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

Kaal, Vivec, Azuras Star, True Flame, and Scourge have always been the most popular campaigns because they were the longest duration once the 90 days were removed and CP is enabled.

People told you before that nothing would change that and it’s holding true. Only thing we’re witnessing is when push comes to shove EP players who chose to play other factions went back to EP.

Things have changed... people play for their faction, and can change at the end of a campaign...
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »

Things have changed... people play for their faction, and can change at the end of a campaign...

Nothing has changed, you all are just experiencing what has already failed before.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People told you before that nothing would change that and it’s holding true.
    No, absolutely incorrect. Faction lock opponents predicted that faction lock would result in a Doomsday scenario of one alliance overwhelmingly dominating and destroying the balance of PvP. Clearly this is NOT happening. You are completely backpedaling now.

Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on May 31, 2019 1:45PM
    Lethal zergling
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People told you before that nothing would change that and it’s holding true.
    No, absolutely incorrect. Faction lock opponents predicted that faction lock would result in a Doomsday scenario of one alliance overwhelmingly dominating and destroying the balance of PvP. Clearly this is NOT happening. You are completely backpedaling now.

False. Look at scoring DC is getting destroyed. We predicted this because the amount of EP and AD fan boys there are and it’s how it was in the beginning.

History is just repeating itself and “pro-lock” people are ignorant enough to not recognize it.

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many days in before the bickering over faction locks stops?
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    False. Look at scoring DC is getting destroyed. We predicted this because the amount of EP and AD fan boys there are and it’s how it was in the beginning.
    DC is losing. I don't know how much they have to lose by in order to be considered "destroyed". I'm not sure exactly why this is, but your "prediction" doesn't in any way explain it, other than the possibility that the other two factions have more organized guilds supporting them.
    Lethal zergling
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC is losing. I don't know how much they have to lose by in order to be considered "destroyed". I'm not sure exactly why this is, but your "prediction" doesn't in any way explain it, other than the possibility that the other two factions have more organized guilds supporting them.
    Quit being ignorant....look at my predictions before faction locks were implemented. They’re holding true.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    look at my predictions before faction locks were implemented. They’re holding true.
    I don't see anything you've said holding true. Nor do the numbers on the ground bear anything out. But feel free to "remind" us. I expect a fair bit of revisionist history.

Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on May 31, 2019 2:01PM
    Lethal zergling
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »

Nothing has changed, you all are just experiencing what has already failed before.

YOu wasent even here at the beginning, we fixed pop inbalance before,and it was done with locks
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is balanced as all things should be. The map is competitive for those who exert effort to win without being being undercut by an unhealthy flip-flop AP farming gimmick. This is good for the game. Those who oppose this change are clearly the ones who abused it in the past and are mad they can't keep cheating anymore.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is balanced as all things should be. The map is competitive for those who exert effort to win without being being undercut by an unhealthy flip-flop AP farming gimmick. This is good for the game. Those who oppose this change are clearly the ones who abused it in the past and are mad they can't keep cheating anymore.

Please, tell us more about how playing all the characters we spent money, time, and hours to create in a game we paid money for in a post One-Tamriel world is cheating.

PCNA

• Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »

Please, tell us more about how playing all the characters we spent money, time, and hours to create in a game we paid money for in a post One-Tamriel world is cheating.

you can still play all your characters...
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If things continue to go in the same direction, then DC is in a league of its own. Faction lock is turning this faction into a Cult.

This is just the begin and DC is being reborn.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    This is just the begin and DC is being reborn.
    I'm down with that.

Lethal zergling
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't take the overall score of Kaal seriously IMO as EP jumped out to a 7k lead basically in the first 5 days or so while it seemed other guilds from other factions were not running and were checking out the new chapter and class. During NA Primetime the Kaal map is very even and sometimes heavily favors DC/AD over EP so your snapshot is skewed there as well. I think it has been fine, the battles have been better and the fights in open territory(I'm counting resources and bridges here) have been great during primetime hours. Also, stop caring about faction scores and worry about making AP for you since that will get you those sweet End of Campaign rewards anyways.
    Edited by KappaKid83 on May 31, 2019 3:14PM
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Primetime is a pointless indicator of how a faction is doing numbers wise. DC is getting destroyed by AD/EP in out of primetime hours.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every morning on PC EU it's yellow map, while ep and dc are gate camped. Nice action :smiley: Then dc or ep zergs map and gate camps AD. Huge imbalance in population at certain times. And of course faction locks didn't solved anything than making pvp even more flustrating.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction locks shows only how Zenimax and faction loyalist are clueless about everything. It's like they don't even play game, but just create threads to troll. :smiley: