The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The state of Cyrodiil, 10 days in to Faction Lock

• MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    SilverPaws wrote: »
    Every morning on PC EU it's yellow map, while ep and dc are gate camped. Nice action :smiley: Then dc or ep zergs map and gate camps AD. Huge imbalance in population at certain times. And of course faction locks didn't solved anything than making pvp even more flustrating.
    Faction locks shows only how Zenimax and faction loyalist are clueless about everything. It's like they don't even play game, but just create threads to troll. :smiley:

Thanks for spelling out these things!
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Personally, my three takeaways are:

A ) Faction locked campaigns are popular while the Faction unlocked campaign is not.

Or the takeaway could be: People do not want to play 7 day campaigns. Lets have a 30 day faction locked and 30 day unlocked campaign and see.

7 day campaigns were never highly populated - the main campaign was always one or the 30 day cp campaign (since their introduction).

I´d bet money if factionlock was on 7 day and no lock was on 30 day - we would see the exact same populations with 7 day being barren wasteland and 30 day being populated.
    This can atleast partly be attributed to rewards from 7day campaigns being strictly worse than 30 day while requiring more effort aswell (which would be leverage for devs to make 7 day more enticing to play - more effort should give more rewards).

Thanks @Derra for this post - at the time of my reading it you have 16 'agree' - the highest numbers of 'agree' I have seen in recent times on one single post!
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    MipMip wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »

Personally, my three takeaways are:

A ) Faction locked campaigns are popular while the Faction unlocked campaign is not.

Or the takeaway could be: People do not want to play 7 day campaigns. Lets have a 30 day faction locked and 30 day unlocked campaign and see.

7 day campaigns were never highly populated - the main campaign was always one or the 30 day cp campaign (since their introduction).

I´d bet money if factionlock was on 7 day and no lock was on 30 day - we would see the exact same populations with 7 day being barren wasteland and 30 day being populated.
    This can atleast partly be attributed to rewards from 7day campaigns being strictly worse than 30 day while requiring more effort aswell (which would be leverage for devs to make 7 day more enticing to play - more effort should give more rewards).

Thanks @Derra for this post - at the time of my reading it you have 16 'agree' - the highest numbers of 'agree' I have seen in recent times on one single post!

yes, coue sixteen people should decide for everyone else lol... we are a very tiny portion ofthe player base voicing pro or con for faction locks...

But regardless, ZOS added it for reasons, and alot of us like it and want to play with it... if you want a camapign without faction locks, use the campaign that exist or ask ZOS to chanage that one, but i doubt very hard they will change the existing faction locked one, couse alot of us are happy with it...

We dont want to play with flipp-flopping
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP always wins, so more people will swap to EP next lock to get gold Champion crates.

Even more imbalance.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miriel wrote: »
    del9 wrote: »
    Cyrodiil is balanced as all things should be. The map is competitive for those who exert effort to win without being being undercut by an unhealthy flip-flop AP farming gimmick. This is good for the game. Those who oppose this change are clearly the ones who abused it in the past and are mad they can't keep cheating anymore.

Please, tell us more about how playing all the characters we spent money, time, and hours to create in a game we paid money for in a post One-Tamriel world is cheating.

you can still play all your characters...

No I can't.

NoCP is faction locked to DC

CP is faction locked to EP

Can't get 30day Tier 1 rewards on my AD toons. And no one plays 7 day other than to get Emp title
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    Cyrodiil is balanced as all things should be. The map is competitive for those who exert effort to win without being being undercut by an unhealthy flip-flop AP farming gimmick. This is good for the game. Those who oppose this change are clearly the ones who abused it in the past and are mad they can't keep cheating anymore.

Please, tell us more about how playing all the characters we spent money, time, and hours to create in a game we paid money for in a post One-Tamriel world is cheating.

No I can't.

Can't get 30day Tier 1 rewards on my AD toons. And no one plays 7 day other than to get Emp title

That no one plays the 7day no-faction locked, thats not my problem, or ZOS if no one wants to play with flip floppers... i mean why shouldZOS make campgins that isnt locked, when no one even wants to play on the one that exist for flip floppers ?...

Here is your argument, i want to play with people, but people play on the locked campaign, so ZOS should change things for all those people, so i can flip-flop...
    Edited by Miriel on June 3, 2019 1:04PM
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No I can't.

That no one plays the 7day no-faction locked, thats not my problem, or ZOS if no one wants to play with flip floppers... i mean why shouldZOS make campgins that isnt locked, when no one even wants to play on the one that exist for flip floppers ?...

Only way to find out is to make another 30 day CP unlocked campaign. The masses do not wish to play 7 day, they want 30 day it seems for geodes. Best of both worlds, everyone is happy.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

No I can't.

Only way to find out is to make another 30 day CP unlocked campaign. The masses do not wish to play 7 day, they want 30 day it seems for geodes. Best of both worlds, everyone is happy.

Agreed, there really isn't a reason why we can't have a 30 day unlocked campaign.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either another 30 day or a 15 day that gives 25 geodes
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭

No I can't.

Fairly sure, the masses want locked, since it probably pair them with more casual players, and then net them a higher reward... Its bascally only the people playing with tons of handicap addons, and git good people that want flipflopping... so im not sure what you think will change ?...

But yea if you guys wany a unlcoked 30days, go for it, but its up to ZOS, all im saying is, it probably be smarter to show ZOS there is interest for unlocked cmapaigs by actually playing the one that exist, 16 aggreing here on the forum, isnt much of a basis for one, you need a few hundred atleast... couse i ultimatly think you guys want to play with "Casual" people, and have flip flopping ontop of that...
    Edited by Miriel on June 3, 2019 1:48PM
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No I can't.

Fairly sure, the masses want locked, since it probably pair them with more casual players, and then net them a higher reward... Its bascally only the people playing with tons of handicap addons, and git good people that want flipflopping... so im not sure what you think will change ?...

But yea if you guys wany a unlcoked 30days, go for it, but its up to ZOS, all im saying is, it probably be smarter to show ZOS there is interest for unlocked cmapaigs by actually playing the one that exist, 16 aggreing here on the forum, isnt much of a basis for one, you need a few hundred atleast... couse i ultimatly think you guys want to play with "Casual" people, and have flip flopping ontop of that...

If its true that the masses want a locked experience, then adding an additional 30 day CP unlocked campaign will not have an impact on the locked campaign! I am not looking for anything to change for you, I just want everyone to have an option that makes them happy.

I've played the locked 30 days campaign since its launch FYI.
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No I can't.

I don't think that would make much of a difference. PvP population is only large enough to support one campaign that actually has people in it during off hours so that's where most people have homed/played because it the best place for quick guaranteed action.

Because there are people who really care about locks, that's where the most guaranteed action is and that's going to be the default campaign.
    Edited by Joy_Division on June 3, 2019 2:13PM
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No I can't.

I don't think that would make much of a difference. PvP population is only large enough to support one campaign that actually has people in it during off hours so that's where most people have homed/played because it the best place for quick guaranteed action.

Because there are people who really care about locks, that's where the most guaranteed action is and that's going to be the default campaign.
    An interesting test would be to create it but list the non faction locked campaign above the faction locked campaign.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »

No I can't.

An interesting test would be to create it but list the non faction locked campaign above the faction locked campaign.

We have a double AP event coming up, which means more servers. Roll on the test.
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    Addons
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People keep making the argument that folks are choosing one campaign over another because it's more popular.

This is likely untrue. Though it does prove that those who 'want to find good fights on any faction anytime' are either far less numerous and or far more hypocritical than they claim.

What is in fact most likely the reason for the population is very simple. Not to mention proven through the game's long long history.

Kaalgrontiid is at the top of the list and likely the first one people see. Plus most people who play this game don't even know what red circles on the ground are. Let alone that there are multiple campaign with different play options.

So they go to what the game directs them to first.

The conscious decision to go to where the herd can protect and or be exploited is likely a secondary option. One used by folks who've bothered to figure out that red circle mystery.

So it's not ZOS's fault that the majority of its consumers purposely chose not to learn basic game mechanics.

It also does not change the fact that people who claim that flip flopping is both desired by a 'majority', and done to 'balance' populations have yet to exhibit any proof of anyone attempting that in the areas where it could easily be done.

Further the fact remains that abusive elements continue to be less problematic on Kaalgrontiid pc/NA during my play time. Only those truly dedicated to being a disappointment , and have multiple accounts, have proven to persist in their tantrums.

Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh people aren’t playing the 30 day because it’s locked, don’t be so naive and narrow minded.

People play because it’s the 30 day and it’s considered the main campaign. You guys use the “well if people spread out...” argument for everything. Players will not spread out to other campaigns because of lag, locks, imbalance, pvp events or queues. They will choose whatever is the main campaign by default.

The lack of spreading out doesn’t prove people like anything just as much as it doesn’t prove pvp performance is fine because people choose to play in the laggy 30 day. Or any other “argument” telling people to spread out.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not just have 3 locked 30 day CP campaigns - then each faction can have their own campaign and every can get that winning feeling, on all of their toons.

Only joking, but I expect a lot of people will just stick to, or join, the faction with the best recent winning record, making it less likely the other factions can topple them.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction locks doesn't matter when performance is so big garbage you can't even play.
  • MrSinister213
    MrSinister213
    ✭✭✭
    @TTV.BuyMoreCrowns
    Camelot Unchained Soon (ar 49 AD) high elf nb
    High Elf Slayer (ar 38 EP) dunmer dk
    Zangief (ar 37 DC) high elf sorc
    Papi Chulo (Ar 42 AD) stam sorc

wouldnt call myself a pve'er or pvper. my preferred endgame is crown crates.
  • MrSinister213
    MrSinister213
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think faction lock would make a huge difference because its a dead game. But actually it turned out to make even less of a difference than I expected. I thought by now EP (PC NA) would be crying nonstop on the forums how their queue is 100+ while AD and DC are not even poplocked majority of the time and they have no recourse to change faction. But that is not the case. The EP on Kaal must not mind waiting in a hour plus queue.

I don't blame either side for getting so worked up over a non issue although. I can see how the forum game is more fun than the actual game. You guys have fun.
    Edited by MrSinister213 on June 4, 2019 1:16AM
    @TTV.BuyMoreCrowns
    Camelot Unchained Soon (ar 49 AD) high elf nb
    High Elf Slayer (ar 38 EP) dunmer dk
    Zangief (ar 37 DC) high elf sorc
    Papi Chulo (Ar 42 AD) stam sorc

wouldnt call myself a pve'er or pvper. my preferred endgame is crown crates.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faction locks doesn't matter when performance is so big garbage you can't even play.

:D

The NA players don't know how good they have it! I'll bet PvP is still better on NA servers than EU ones, even across the ocean :D
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 days is too short time to really waste our time on trying to convince either side with any real results from the changes. You all know this.

Give it a good 3 months and see how things go and how people change their homes/sides after each campaign end.

We all shall have better vision then. For me personally been good and fun action, thats what is most important. Most often outnumbered night and morning times, lovin´it. :)

Covenant, the proud alliance where we all are winners 24/7 even if we actually win a campaign only once or twice a year.. True Masters of the Universe, the [potato] slayers, lusty orcs in wedding dresses.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    People keep making the argument that folks are choosing one campaign over another because it's more popular.

This is likely untrue. Though it does prove that those who 'want to find good fights on any faction anytime' are either far less numerous and or far more hypocritical than they claim.

What is in fact most likely the reason for the population is very simple. Not to mention proven through the game's long long history.

Kaalgrontiid is at the top of the list and likely the first one people see. Plus most people who play this game don't even know what red circles on the ground are. Let alone that there are multiple campaign with different play options.

The conscious decision to go to where the herd can protect and or be exploited is likely a secondary option. One used by folks who've bothered to figure out that red circle mystery.

So it's not ZOS's fault that the majority of its consumers purposely chose not to learn basic game mechanics.

It also does not change the fact that people who claim that flip flopping is both desired by a 'majority', and done to 'balance' populations have yet to exhibit any proof of anyone attempting that in the areas where it could easily be done.

Further the fact remains that abusive elements continue to be less problematic on Kaalgrontiid pc/NA during my play time. Only those truly dedicated to being a disappointment , and have multiple accounts, have proven to persist in their tantrums.

So perhaps you would like to explain how "Wabbajack" was the most popular PvP server at launch? Was it because in 2014, it was fashionable to quickly glance at a monitor from bottom to top before actually looking at it closely?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Amen on that
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    So, faction locking has done nothing to change the balance of the main 30 day campaign. Except for a 2 day blitz at the beginning by EP, this has been as balanced or running the same course of the majority of the last main 30 day campaigns.

Obviously faction flipping had no ability to influence this campaign, so unlock it again.

Nope, you have a unlocked campaign, go there... i want a faction locked campaign

It's clearly made no difference, there's been the same amount of trolling with scrolls, the same populations, the same fights at the same times.

It's almost as if what was said in the past, in that we don't influence the score, has proven true.

The 7 day campaign, where all the flipping, trolling, boosting occurs, is what should have been locked, not the 30 day, and this is proving itself to be true.

Just because "you want" though? Which is ironic as faction zerglings like you have constantly told us that we are selfish...

ZoS locked the campaigns, and i like what they did, so do alot of other people...if you want to faction hope you can do that, in the campaign that isnt faction locked, problem solved

And we are requesting that the 7 day campaign be the locked one. People who want to play No CP cannot do that, as there isn't a 7 day No CP. How many damn times...

How many times do we have to tell YOU lol! The 30 day should be locked for people that care about the score and have a basic understanding of objectives, and what Cyrodiil was actually created for. Playing the game as intended should offer better rewards so they locked the right campaign.

That's why you have the 7 day, because you don't care about the score, objectives, or the sole purpose that Cyrodiil was created for. Anti faction lockers keep saying they are the majority, then how come you haven't filled up that 7 day yet? Hmm maybe because you are not the majority and most of us want to play the game the way it was intended.

Why haven't we filled the 7 day one up? Well, because there isn't one for No CP? You also answered your own question as to why CP 7 day isn't full, and that's because of rewards. Another factor is that people are playing the faction locked campaign but are mightily unhappy., hence the reasons for posts like this.

As pointed out repeatedly, multi faction players haven't influenced the scoring...what harm are they doing to you? Why are YOU so selfish to stop people enjoying a different way of playing? Do you stop other factions joining you in dungeons and trials? Of course you don't. You want your cake and you want to eat it too.

This is meant to be war between 3 sides and is totally separate from dungeon play which is not pvp (Remember the 3 sides came together to defeat Molag Bal which is what you do in pve) . I have played pvp since launch and think that faction lock is needed especially for those who still care about the campaign and playing the game as it was meant to be played.
    To say that people who think like me are selfish because we wont give in to your will is crazy especially when you are trying to stop people playing the game in the way it was intended to be played, stop being a hypocrite.

As for us wanting our cake and wanting to eat it as well, really lol You are meant to be rewarded for helping your faction, the better your contribution to the campaign the better the reward. Sounds to me that people who don't care about the campaign still want to be rewarded anyway.

If faction lock is removed i for one will be finished with this game as for me the campaign will no longer have meaning as it will be more about AP and having a laugh with your friends than about winning the campaign.
    Edited by Waylander07 on June 4, 2019 9:16AM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Every morning on PC EU it's yellow map, while ep and dc are gate camped. Nice action :smiley: Then dc or ep zergs map and gate camps AD. Huge imbalance in population at certain times. And of course faction locks didn't solved anything than making pvp even more flustrating.

That's going to happen on NA soon enough, just wait... :D

It will be one color or another, exacerbated by the fact that people will simply stop playing if they are just getting farmed. XNA last night was a prime example, with an EP ball group at Ales just farming a small group of blues who were dedicated (or stupid) enough to try and take it back. Repeatedly. I don't mind losing (everyone does eventually) , but I'm not going to beat my head against a brick wall. Blue pop eventually dwindled away to sfa. Yellow pop was already at sfa levels when I got in.

Me, I solved the problem by playing RDR2. I suspect it will see a fair bit of me in the immediate future.
    Xsorus wrote: »
    What's hilarious is....EP won the most before Faction Lock, and yet...people are like "see this proves faction lock is bad!"

Some of you need to think a little more critically. It's not good for anyone. If I lost every time I played, I wouldn't play. I also wouldn't play if I won every single time. Neither option is particularly interesting.

Edited by Mr_Walker on June 4, 2019 8:52AM
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its so important to people wanting to flip-flop, that they dosent even play on the campaign where you can flip-flop, and the play on the locked one...

If its so important for you, why arnt you playing where you can flip flop, if it were the other way around id still play on a faction locked campaign, as a representative, i hope you actually play as you speak, and play on the unlocked campaign...
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its so important to people wanting to flip-flop, that they dosent even play on the campaign where you can flip-flop, and the play on the locked one...

If its so important for you, why arnt you playing where you can flip flop, if it were the other way around id still play on a faction locked campaign, as a representative, i hope you actually play as you speak, and play on the unlocked campaign...

Or they choose not to play at all and/or do play, but only to troll and sabotage their faction. That's pretty entertaining too.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »

So perhaps you would like to explain how "Wabbajack" was the most popular PvP server at launch? Was it because in 2014, it was fashionable to quickly glance at a monitor from bottom to top before actually looking at it closely?

You'll have to provide proof of that of course. Specifically proof that shows it had occurred organically and not by decision of the handful of large guilds that were fond of taking advantage of the 'buff server' phenomena that saw so many other servers turned into virtual wastelands.

Otherwise I'll just have to use my own allegorical evidence to comment on how hopping Auriel's Bow was during my initial experiences with PVP in an MMO.

Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to say that anything NEEDS to be done about off-peak fighting. I have no issues with it personally.

You have no issues with it personally because you don't play off-peak.

All you care about is you, you, you. You don't give a damn if anyone else in this game has fun. I am personally getting sick of your constant baiting on the forums.